Has anyone here ever been a monk? What's it like...

Has anyone here ever been a monk? What's it like? Thinking about giving up on the modern world entirely and dedicating myself to developing spiritually instead.

You've come to the wrong place for that question.

have a couple kids first then go for it

Could you send me your money via paypal before you abandon your current way of living? Tanks you.

Being a monk is one of the hardest things you could ever do in life. You must strive to be holy at all times Voluntarily or else you wouldnt be one. If you are seriously thinking about becoming one please consider orthodox as they can still have kids and be married

If I could woo a woman I wouldn't be trying to opt out of society user

No. I'd give it all the the monastery I join

>Being a monk is one of the hardest things you could ever do in life
Depends. Autistically regimented lifestyle I could deal with easily. I don't mind every hour of every day being preplanned with prayers, masses and meditations. What's hard is dealing with other people.

Mount Athos awaits, bonus points if you become holy enough to develop prophecy and other gifts of the spirit.

Can I still get blasted if I'm a monk?

no, but you can drink a little wine

Being a monk is not biblical

Neither is having long hair

But being holy is, and through monkhood it's attainable, whereas jews don't have holymen anymore, haven't had for thousands of years.

Developing spiritually is just an euphemism for being a lazy fuck.

If you’re serious visit a monastery. Practice The Rule and see how well it goes or if it’s something you can even do. I spent a week at a Benedictine monastery and it was a great time. Good physical labor and good food. Practice The Rule and go to a monastery.

So this is the power of Christianity.

>Modern world is mean and tough
>Let me go be "spiritual" A.K.A cowardice

>lazy fuck
What? Being a Monk is more physically exerting than almost any other career. You spend every single day doing chores, prayers, work around the monastery and it's not 9-5 either, Monks wake up at 4am and go to bed at 9pm

Become a Buddhist monk instead of a (((Christian))) monk.

don't listen to kikes , they hate Christ with a passion and shill for satan

I met two gay Christian (benectine, if I recall correctly) Monks who had left the order in order to dick around and drop ecstasy. They reported that it was a good life with booze (red wine) for breakfast, a Focus on pursuing one's own intellectual development (translating from ancient greek, Music theory) and working much less than 40 hours a week.

The work included book-keeping, teaching, farming and some care for elderly Monks.

Other Things that have to be done include craft like Building furniture for the order, maintaining electrics for the order, art (for sale) and making wine and beer (for sale). The Report was very Brief, because we were at a drag Party and the two were not in the mood to talk about their past that much.

What I find interesting is that both ex-Monks had no Problem Fitting in after their secularization. Both became criticists for electronic dance Music at different Lifestyle rags at first, then became achieved journalists in virtually no time. This is not what they told me, that's a matter of public record.

My Feeling is that, if you are not into consumerism or relationships, and want to cooperate with other like-minded men for something like science or a craft, a monestary life-style could be the ticket. It would be easy to do. Just move in with a bunch of dicks, establish a lab and work-shop and try to make a modest living off of part-time translating, Consulting, teaching or something like that. It has become easier with the Internet, I guess. No Religious or spiritual foundation required.

Including women would probably ruin such a Project, by the way.

be in the world, not of it, faggot

as for monking out, going into solitary mode for a few days every now and then can help you.

I did exactly this, except for my vidya skills instead of spiritually.
I'd rather something I can show off to cunts online than something that'll actually better me.

i had to do with both Christian and Buddhist Monks

where the fuck is the difference in your eyes ?

that's probably hard mode

>hard mode
Buddhist no holy, they all go to hell like the rest of us

right one actually helps people, will go fuck his wife on a nice car and enjoy raising his children if he hasn't his ass raped in divorce court
left one has no feminine contact whatsoever, spends his day trying to shut down the thoughts of how much of a loser he is, and spends his time cleaning the monastery or whatever (nobody cares)