Is it within reason to expect this to get an anime adaption?

Is it within reason to expect this to get an anime adaption?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=63509
youtube.com/watch?v=c9Ku9HIumpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No?

Yoko Taro is anime as fuck, but his other works haven't been made into anime so why would nier automata be?

how much did it sell

Well the soundtrack is amazing and I would like to see it animated into a well done anime as long as they dont go the Berserk route and fuck it up with CGI.

2B a miracle of the universe.

Just because you could animate something doesn't mean you should.
Automata uses the gaming medium well (my mind goes to ending E credits), there's no need for an anime adaption I feel.

It sold almost 200k on Steam the first week, dont know about PS4 sales though, but reddit estimates it to around 400k total first week.

Thats not bad

Drakengard 3 should get it instead. Would work nicely for one insane trainwreck of a ride.

This. There is no way ending E would be anywhere as near powerful as an anime.

No

Havent been through Drakengard 3 but I know Keiichi Okabe did the soundtrack for that too, was it as good?

>Well the soundtrack is amazing
Just like Nier and Drakengards 3, they didn't get an anime either.

Nope.

Yoko taro specifically works to push the boundaries of videogames. His videogames would not work for anime because they aren't tailored for it.

Plus, even if someone did adapt his shit for anime, he probably wouldn't be directing it. Without him at the helm, it would turn out shit; see DoD2.

Delete this

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=63509

Since this is a Nier thread of sorts, I gotta ask: is the writing supposed to make sense later or is it just legitimately terrible? I just finished Route A and it was chock-full of some of the most unearned drama I've ever seen.
>Oh no, 9S is dying! We can just reboot him with literally no consequences, but let's cry about it for ages!
The Adam and Eve "relationship" was also so laughably undeveloped that making that into the dramatic finale came off more like a bad joke.
The game has some nice thematic sequences (like the factory part towards the end), but the character drama is just pure shit even for a JRPG.

The point with 9S is that they couldn't just back him up fully; he'd lose his experience and effectively factory reset. That's no different than dying for them.

Also you haven't played even 25% of the game. Keep playing.

The A route ending is pretty shit and leaves you unsatisfied. I wouldn't say that the other routes are any more grounded, but they do feel more "earned"

I won't spoil it for you, but 2B isn't upset for the reasons you think she is.

>Yoko taro specifically works to push the boundaries of videogames. His videogames would not work for anime because they aren't tailored for it.
what about his manga, his novels and all the other shit

They either pad out the universe of his games or are completely original.

If you have Taro direct an original anime, it could work. Who knows if it would sell though; it would probably be censored to hell.

Violet Evergarden IS literally the Nier Automata. MC is a robot girl who fights with a huge axe.

Yeah. Thats basically it.

When I finished E ending I was like "that's it?" It felt completely underwhelming.

Only parts that actually had an impact on me were initial exploration of the world (the amusement park left me speechless) and start of 3rd route.

Also, reading some backstories, it seems Yoko Taro just creates new setting and then finds some convoluted way to tie it in with rest of his franchise.

And does she have huge butt and kid she /ss/s?

I get that, but he'd lose a few hours of memories at most. They're soldiers in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, it makes no sense to whine and cry about something so minor.

Good to hear, thanks.

The whole Become as Gods segment had me both laughing and thinking at the same time, the amusement park was probably the best part of the whole game though.

Adam and Eve are machine bosses. You're only supposed to see the similarities between them and 9S on later playthroughs

9S loss of memories means he never the exact same person as before, there was even a quest about this where a chick has rebooed her boyfriend six times to make him into her kind of man.

9S himself even has spaces in his memory about the past.

No. Hacking, the Menu, Chips, etc. are all components part of the game that don't translate into a medium like anime.

Hell the fourth hack on ending D done to A2 has the entire hacking sequence be done on the Menu screen.

Even the glitches made fom enemy attacks like breaking the HP Bars length or everything glitching out.

Why do I find her hot as fuck?

Nier Automata is clearly your baby first Taro
Drakengard got an anime? Nope
Nier got one? Nope
The sequel of both, Nier Automata, will get an anime? nope

Because she is hot as fuck.

Actually he's lost way more before.

Aliens and a human made Machine God giving the aliens robots sentience was a thing before Automata was. Same for Emils 80 MILLION CLONES.

Literally perfection on two legs.

SoL spinoff?

Isn't the perfection only really directly attached to those two legs?

Has all character design thus far been building up to 2B?

This, most of these guys probably never played the others and are just in it for the ass and popularity.

It's the most perfect ass if that's what you are implying

I preferred the Allah Akhbar fest in the factory. It was pretty funny in a way, but the great music helped.

>you will never take Toobie to a shopping center to buy tacky t-shirts
Why live

That it was.
youtube.com/watch?v=c9Ku9HIumpM

I want to fuck that ass badly.

Same

Just like Sup Forums is into whatever series is currently airind because of the girl(s) in that respective series and will argue endlessly about which ones has the best PLOT or BACKSTORY.

The lewds coming out for nier are some of the most boner inducing I've ever seen and these are the tame ones

Cute androidfus when?!

Perfection would be A2.

Automata is LITERALLY (in the dictionary defined sense of the word) the only thing he's made that's genuinely good.

Yes, even the original Nier is pretty bad. Cool story and concept, horrible gameplay, horrible structure, etc.

I still agree with you, but I just want to point out that Yoko Taro has one good game under his belt, and it just came out this month. I'm actually happy for the guy, because now he has at least ONE fucking good game he can say is his own.

this

The story he provides is always good, and it always plays off the fact that they're videogames, but yes, most of his other games are bad. Nier is purely mediocre in terms of gameplay, but has an amazing story. It still wouldn't work outside the medium.

>

>The story he provides is always good
No.
Automata story is all over the damn place. Especially the ending.
It seems guy is unable to focus on few core things and instead introduces tons of stuff and doesn't properly develop a single one.

Do you even need to play the other Nier games for this?

Gothic dress > hotpants in every fashion possible.
With a dress you are only presented with the goods once in a while which makes the sightings that more valuable and leaves much to the imagination. Hotpants however leaves everything on full display which leaves to oversatuation of the lewds, weakening the impact over long term exposure.

Why would someone animate trash like Nier?

>No.
Yes.
The story of Automata is a simple but good message, and if you're the same guy above who's only gotten to ending A, then you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Yes. Yes, I am.
Why do you ask?

How dated is Drakengard for today's standards?

No.
You should, though.

You're right I am. Also why does she even have a mole? That's so dumb.

Too bad 2B is about as interesting as a dishwasher. Her and 9S' interactions reminded me of Lightning and Hope from FFXIII, with all the forced drama and nonexistent charisma.

>The story of Automata is a simple
Hell it isn't.

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It's me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you'd see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say "Yup, that's me". I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I'm assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I've found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It's really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it's almost like we're identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

IF they did, who would do it?

I'd say xebec for the ass shots, but I can see shaft pulling this off.

What did the blindfolds symbolize?

Sure it is. What don't you understand?

Crazy dated. It's the ground-level hack and slash gameplay that kills it.

If there was one it wouldn't work as an adaption of what Automata presents. I wouldn't mind little shorts or episodes focusing on the inhabitants like the side quests since that despair is delicious.

Silver Link.

Very. It was a 5/10 game at best in 2003; today it's like 3/10.

There was nothing not to understand.
Its just that the story wasn't interesting and well developed. All important information is force fed to you at the end of the story.

She's a classic kuudere who turns dere the instant 9s gets in trouble. It's fucking adorable because she tries so hard because of the "emotions are forbidden" and wants to be a good senpai to her kawaii kouhai 9S.

Better to man up and play it or to watch the important bits in youtube?

You're all over the place. First it's not simple, now it is. You're just saying it's bad and not offering up any real criticism.

As a person who read the LP first, I'd say man up and play it.

Why?

Video games as a medium exists for the gameplay and story and audiovisuals. Basically a jack-of-all-trades.

Anime just exists as a pretty storybook. And Nier Automata has a shit-tier story that even a kid could come up with.

I want to hug 2B.

Megane or blindfold?

I kinda like both.

As adaptation no but maybe as side material to expand the lore

>PuchiNieR
Brilliant!

Blindfold all the way.
That shit is my fetish.

Oh but drakenguard 3 is the one with that bullshit rythm game bit for the last boss isn't it?

>emotions are forbidden
>all the YoRHa units and Operators are ditzy and/or dramatic like high-schoolers and the game clearly doesn't care
They should have never even mentioned that crap. It makes 2B look like a tryhard teenage edgelord.

>not offering up any real criticism
Learn to read. I already said whats wrong with it.
There are too many ideas within the story, none of them developed properly. The relationship between 2B and 9S is only hinted. The whole story behind Yorha is force-fed to you with ending, with minimal foreshadowing. The final boss is just random "something" that is introduced as final boss. And what the hell was problem with Pascal's village in the end?

Would it work this way?

2B is a mediocre as fuck Taro character.
Fucking hell, Zero and Mikhail animated WHEN?

Maybe.

Its not really anything special in anime. In video games, there's the whole west vs east. In animation, the west has largely given up the fight and moved to "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" mantra.

why is this shit Sup Forumseddit thread still up

1 has it but it's easier.

3 is the worst in the franchise anyway, so I'd recommend reading the LP on that one.

>tfw you post out of context images from the manga Taro has worked on and make Sup Forumstards genuinely believe he's a white supremacist neo nazi

>tfw Sup Forums is so fucking stupid they actually buy into it

>tfw Sup Forums has become so retarded over the years if i wanted i could probably pull it off here too

The way I see it, it was some kind of rule she made for herself, given her circumstances. It's not like they are programmed not to feel, and even though she tries her best not to feel anything towards anyone, she still can't help it.
I think it's cute.

Man up and play it. I played it at the release and it was an interesting experience.

Nah she's just trying to impress her cute little junior. At the same time, she's also a tuff as nails ass kicker, so the dere bits that she let's out make it even better.

What, did you expect because she's a grill she needs to act cute and ditzy as well?

Budget will be used up for 2Bs ass. Enjoy your stills.

Was anyone else pretty impressed with Nier Automata initially, especially after seeing the "true" ending, and then just kind of lose interest in it? I feel like I was on high on the game's best points, which blinded me to much of the stupider bullshit present, and the diffusion of the story and themes into narrative mush generally.

A lot of cool stuff is going on, but none of it really comes together in any meaningful way. Also, having to play as 9S and do his dumbassed hacking minigame over and over and over was pretty tiresome.

You are a fucking master manipulator man.