Have hipsters, SJWs and assholes taken over thru hiking?

Before people called it “thru hiking”, but just hiking, I loved it. I did weeks in Crete on the E4, did the GR20 in Corsica, the GR221 in Majorca and the GR132 in La Gomera.

I looked up trails in the US and while there are really cool ones, it looks like in the last few years hipsters, SJWs and all kinds of idiots have “discovered” hiking and are clocking up the trails. Apparently in California for the John Muir Trail, hiking traffic has increased 1500 percent in the last 12yrs. In contrast, Europe still seems to be based in mountaineering and hiking. SJWs stay on the pilgrimage trek to Santiago de Compostella.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sWKuCBZBPIw&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mmmm, saggy titties

Are you really so insecure that you're worried walking through the woods on an incline has been "taken over" by sjw?

Just go fucking do it if you want to.

This seems more like an thread.

But I'll bite. I grew up in a National Park town in Washington near a huge park, PCT, and a few National Forests. I go there pretty often during the summer and I swear to god anons. It's getting bad.

>poos
>chinks
>hipster new england wasps
>rich kids pretending to be poor hippies

It's all going to shit. 20+ years of seeing the transformation in the outdoors and it's terrible.
California and Vermont tier now. STOP COMING TO THE MOUNTAINS NORMIES!!!

If only we could have The Big Hike Theory on Netflix. And have all SJW leave geekdom alone to fight the toxic hiking culture instead...

Thanks for telling me about mallorca hike mate

Did all those people in the background just drive there?

I imagine there's some kind of ski lift or something like that. It is sort of funny to see these hikers standing there like it's an achievement while fat old people walk around in the back ground.

Just hike and stop worrying about other people’s political ideologies, faggot.
No one goes hiking to debate.

Did this in Albequerque. Climbed the mountain with my brother and when we got to the top there's a lodge and a cable care down. I went 11 miles and 5000 ft. up but fuck these people.

yeah, the elderly couple in jeans kinda undercuts the gravitas of their crowning moment.

>Are you really so insecure that you're worried walking through the woods on an incline has been "taken over" by sjw?

Apparently they shit in the middle of the trail, only go there for sex, leave their trash lying around, are loud and play music everywhere. If you go on a European trek, you might not see anyone for days. On the popular SJW and hipster taken over trails, you essentially walk in columns like in New York City.

A lot of these leftist types are looking for some kind of meaning in life. I assume 'getting in touch with nature' is on their 'bucket list' and they all want to be that interesting person who spent a couple years hiking.

You can't get old and go work for HR in an office without having some craaazy stories man.

Yeah, this is what I read. Is this going to change again or are hipsters taken over the nice American trails for good?

The Majorca hike is pretty nice, although compared to the other hikes I have done “busy”, a lot of day hikers spread in between. Especially between day 3 and 5 if you do the South North thru hike.

Come to the Adirondacks. You can get a better wilderness experience there without nearly as many people. The wildlife has bounced back amazingly since the 70s as well so you get to see a lot of it -- coyote/wolf hybrids all over the place and the moose have returned as well.

Just don't fucking broadcast it.

I've been on a few trails where it felt like I was just climbing some stairs with random city people. It sucks. But the trail also sucked, so whatever. I'd rather not spend my day hiking if I have to do it around a bunch of strangers. I like to let my dog off leash, and that's just not possible if you're anywhere close to other people. So I sympathize with you OP.

But I just find trails that nobody seems to know about. I pull up to the trailhead, and if there's a lot of cars there, I'll just go down the road and find one that's vacant.

>No one goes hiking to debate.

I never hiked in the US, so this is why I am asking. No SJW hikers in Europe. Just a few commie hipsters in La Gomera but they keep to their beaches and don’t really hike the trail.

>only go there for sex

Hmmm, I see. And where is this trail located again?

Oh dude, this summer I was in the cascades up by marblemount and diablo. There were dozens and dozens of poos and chinks stopping at the side of every road and taking pictures. They didn't seem to hit the trails too much though.

Actually, I was looking into the Colorado Trail.

I know the name Adirondacks from a early 20th century novel from Thomas Mann were Americans of German descent would spend their summers in the Adirondacks. I’ll look into it. Although I am more of a high rugged mountain and desert kind of guy. I have done a lot of Alpine mountaineering before doing the thru hikes.

Slightly offtopic, have you done routes in Germany and which would you recommend?

Looks like they're hiking and you're sitting here like a faggot

I cringe thinking about all the useless shit those women must have in their packs. I already see a running shoe.

You do not make sense or our ideas of hiking are different. I go hiking to avoid people. When in mountain ranges I do not see people. And WTF is this GRXX fag shit. Just use trailpeak.com and anyone you see on trail just flip off and you will be left alone.

Seriously though....worry about bears and migrants in you German hiking trails.

I did a "thru hike" of the AT 22 years ago. Its always been called thru hiking if your doing the complete hike of that trail, which was 2,155 miles the year that i did it.

That picture is from Mt Washington in New Hampshires white mountains. Its at the summit, right near the weather observation post. You can drive or take the Cog to it.

Sorry to break it to you, but SJW are the new version of Hippies. They have always out numbered everyone else on the trails and in the parks.

Thinks not about hiking through Mexico but it seems unstable. Which ares to avoid?

No one gives a shit, you enormous fucking faggot.

Yeah. Hidden lake was a shitshow, the mobbed it. I think Mt. Sourdough would be difficult enough to ward them away.

I prefer the Olympics anyways (grew up out there)

Women go on hikes to take selfies and brag about how much they're alive. Men go on hikes to get away from people.

I wouldn't say SJWs have taken over hiking, that is impossible, however they've ruined the word. Now if you say you're into hiking to have to give the disclaimer you're into it for the right reasons.

Everyone has a right to the trails if they've paid the trailhead fees. But they need to turn off their goddamn smart phone beyonce music.

If you drive to a very popular part of any trail and expect to be secluded, i don't know what your thinking.

If you hike more then A couple miles from where everyone drives to and parks, you will find plenty of space and see only a couple people in a day.

OH NO!
HIPSTERS ARE WALKING AROUND IN THE WOODS!

GOD HELP US!

you are a fuckin fag dude

>river sandle

The Colorado trail is pretty nice. I did it years ago, and saw very few people. It’s still pretty isolated. Most hikes in Colorado get isolated once you get out more than 5 miles.

That's a good way to phrase it user. There's so much picture taking going on with women. And they love to put shots of themselves on FB standing in front of a vista, looking out, being ALIVE!

I'd take a logging road and a spot to shoot my gun over a scenic vista anyday. Plus, if you can get a good buddy to go with you, it's a shit ton more fun than dragging along a girl. Girls crash out a bit earlier than most guys, too. I've been on snow hikes where both girls I was with started fucking CRYING because they couldn't feel their hands.

I think the PCT is the new age hipster “let’s have free love” trail. The AT too, but that is more of a “my cat died, I want some outdoors time” kind of experience.

I am looking into a longer trail for next summer (6 to 8 weeks) and the PCT in California was on top of my list, but you need a permit and apparently there are more than 50 people per day starting the hike and I read a blog of a hipster who did part of the trail this year and that put me off.

I might go to Patagonia instead or do everything cheaper and just do the new Balkan trail (sort of a reverse direction refugee trek).

Then there is Te Araroa in NZ but that is a “winter” trek, so not in our summer months.

>more people start walking and exercising
>REEEEE
the absolute state of pol
Places are getting too populated, privatizing some trails is your answer. Ask some private landowner if you can walk his land to be super edgy.

>Slightly offtopic, have you done routes in Germany and which would you recommend?

Only one and two dayers over the Taunus and in Bavaria. For long hikers we always flew somewhere warmer and typically went in late spring - for La Gomera we went in February.

I've noticed that with Poo and Chink hives going up to Paradise. The traffic leading out of the small towns near the mountain make driving back to the cities an all day affair.

This place is done for.

Lucky you!

I really want to go on a long hiking trip this summer but my kid will be born then. No time, guess life is over.

the appalachian trail is a good hiking trail on the east coast of USA. may take three weeks if you plan on doing the whole thing. it is tricky managing your food and water and trying to stay out of the bug clouds and lightning storms on open ground

as for ideology; this all seems a blur as you can't really peg sports fans to sjws to families.

ate mushrooms at an overnight hot springs in oregon once and at night a band of asian probably chinese passed through giving them an even more alien translucent type appearance with the redwood trees bending down and vegetation popping out and whatnot

you can blame that book, Into the Wild by alex mccandless or other true story/near death experiences people face out in the wilderness. they seem to attract the fringe or sjw type which is sadly common and mainstream nowadays

that guy on the right is pretty cute desu

I save vacation days, so I can do one continuous hike every year. I got 6 weeks every year. Yes, at the moment I sit here and the SJWs hike... oh no, it is winter they sit around too.

I was just asking whether SJWs and hipsters really took over hiking in America, as in Europe they haven’t. So Jesus, chill man. The world is a big place and I can hike were no hipsters are and Sup Forums often has good insides. If I asked the same on reddit or on a hiking board, I will be spammed with “are you an intolerant asshole who hates social justice” answers... Although the one US hiking message board I found also hates the masses of hikers.

Yes, allot of people do start per day. After two weeks 4 out of 5 are weeded out. Was true When i thru hike the AT, only 5 percent completed the entire trail, but that hike takes around 5 or 6 months to complete. I cant imagine snowflakes are lasting in larger numbers.

go off the trails. when I hike I hardly see a soul

is this shopped? why does the one on the right have man legs?

ThE AT is 2,155 miles. Its not taking three weeks To do. Most people spend 6 months doing it.

T-that's a man, right?

Yes, once you have a kid, you better take care of it. This will probably also be my last trip with my gf, she wants a baby too and I guess it will be hard to deny her that. We have both good jobs and have been together 2 yrs and she is 29 now and really wants to settle down for good. But she is the best, so she isn’t nagging about a baby, just hinting about it. My sister had her first baby 6 months ago and my gf was really good with fhe baby when we visited, so she will make a great mother I hope.

youtube.com/watch?v=sWKuCBZBPIw&t
russians are crazy

When you walk two months and do 25 miles a day, your legs will inevitable become stronger.

>save vacation days
>6 weeks every year
all that lost productivity and you krauts say you can't pay your fair share of NATO? So glad we're pulling out and leaving your ass to Russia
pay debnts ahmed or freeze when Putin stops selling you heating oil

Someone get me a sauce on the balloons to the left

It's always been like that. If they weren't in Boy Scouts, then they're most likely leftists.

She will. It's a woman's calling. If she's good now, she'll be even better then. They transform when they become mothers.

I think fatherhood is where life really gets going, my man. You'll have something that matters more to you than any living thing on earth. Then in a couple years, you'll be the center of it's world, and you'll share all you know, and all your skills with it. It'll be awesome.

Who cares just as long as they are not barring you from doing so too.
>"boo hoo people I dont like are doing things I like!"
So what? Biking has been overtaken by gimp suit & helmet wearing pansies and rich kids too, but that is not stopping me from going out there and scrathing some paint off against the rocks and asphalt.

My hipster friends in California have been steadily hiking since the early 2000's. It's been a hipster thing for a while. It's one of the best hobbies there is imo. Don't really interact enough with other hikers to see if they're SJW's. Hope you have some solid hikes in 2018 Hanz

Hiking? Don't you mean just "walking" in the woods?

You're right, Hans. Just weird to think about how different life is going to be. Sounds like you found a good one, knock her up before it's too late.

I don’t know what you mean. In my job I often also work on weekends and at night. It is a very seasonal job, so summer months are pretty good to take off normally. My gf has a consultant business with 2 partners and she can also take 6 weeks off.

There is no need to work 52 weeks a year.

>1917 meters

Damn man, this kind of time for travel and fun is just denied us in the USA, unless you're rich. I get 2 weeks a year of vacation, and they get mad if you take two weeks in a row, lol. You practically have to quit your job and do trips in between jobs to be able to do this sort of thing. I couldn't imagine 6 damn weeks every year. It's like a summer break from my old school days.

I always feel guilty taking work off. Even when I'm away, I can't really get away. I got a phone call on my honeymoon at 11pm to fix something, and I did.

Red and yellow will kill a fellow

>fatherhood
So it is about getting something back from it? Is that what it is?

>You're right, Hans.

You mean, "You're right, Abdul." German men aren't interested in reproducing with German women, that's why they are allowing Mutti Merkel to import sub-Saharan breeding machines to take their place.

No, we like challenging hikes in rough mountaineous terrain if possible. This is why the PCT and especially the High Sierra area appealed to us.

In a way. I mean, it probably doesn't feel that way at the time. I mean, having something that gives real purpose to everything you do... in a way, that's got to be fulfilling right? My parents fucking love me. I can tell they get a lot from seeing me out in the world, succeeding and enjoying life. I guess I can't know until I have a kid though.

ya right... all it's gonna take is a few pretty white chicks go missing on my next hike i mean sh

It is a good life. My sister and her husband love their kid and they visibly changed to adults and really love to interact with their daughter.

I can see how a baby changes you and really makes you a family. I guess later next year will be my start to becoming a father... also need to propose in the next months I guess :). She is kind of agnostic, but I am Catholic and at least mu family expects a church wedding.

A couple years ago I spent a year nearly full-time hiking, mostly in the rockies in Canada and a bit in the US. Once you get a half-day in there's almost nobody anyway; could easily go days without seeing anyone on some of the nicest trails in the world. But what really struck me is that of the few that do go to the effort of wilderness hiking, almost all were European and Asians, very few Canadians and Americans seemed to be enjoying North America, probably because they don't appreciate nature and solitude like those from overpopulated shitholes do.

Yeah, whatever makes you sleep better at night.

In reality both Europe and America have problems with crime, Islamism and illegal migration. But if you feel better to say Germany is doomed and we all love refugees and are named Abdul, be my guest.

Continental Divide Trail is still relatively unknown

Yes, it's been quite motivating to work hard and be a good man.

>It's OK that I'm allowing brown people to fuck over my society as long as I can believe that brown people are fucking over some other dude's society half a world away

Okay Jamal

I heard it is very windy and while nice, it is just less visually appealing than the PCT. But yes, it definitely is a good option. I even seen a video of a guy starting in June or July up in Montana hiking Southbound. But then there are no mountains if you only have 6 weeks.

My preferred choice would be doing ghe High Sierra part of fhe PCT starting in mid June. Or the Colorado Trek.

I lived in Germany in the early 90s and again in the mid 2000s leaving the last time in 2009. You may well be too young to understand what you've lost. Read your history, speak to your elders, stand up and look around, and finally start organizing resistance to the EU Weimar government that want's you replaced and your children dead. You know what you need to do; you've done it before.

Me and my gf are both based SD and Trump supporting hikers.

Most people on the trail dont want to talk about politics. They want to have a beutiful experience and get away from the real world.

No, it is not ok and I do the same as you do in America. I vote for the party that will change things in the future.

And yes, I am sure there is nothing other than voting that you do against the problematic changes of your society.

This is basically what I'm refering to here . AFAIK it still exists just in sections, not a completely connected trail.

I was in ridiculous shape at the time to do ~30km a day with a heavy pack in the mountains; I'm sure it'd kill me now. The extreme difficulty probably still keeps all casuals away; I also did long solo snowshoe trips in the mountains and never saw anyone else off known cross-country routes.

Well, I was born in 1984, so I know how society has changed. What I can do is vote and live my life. There really is nothing else a citizen can do, just as it is the case in America.

>I vote for the party that will change things in the future.
Yeah, that SDP/CDU grand coalition sure has changed the future. Sadly it means a better future for african migrants and an end for the germanic volk. I loved Europe, please wake the fuck up before it's gone.

idk about sjws but I can attest that the Appalachian trail attracts crazy people. Almost every time I do a stretch or even just hike out to someplace with a nice view to drink a coffee, I'll run into at least one lunatic. Get your ccw if you're gonna spend time innawoods, people.

>born in 1984
>I know how society has changed
Can you even remember a time when you weren't completely surrounded by Turks?

>The world is a big place and I can hike were no hipsters are
kek
read this in a silly voice. 10 times better

I did not grow up in Germany but Western Austria and yes we had no Turks, Africans or Americans there. The most exotic people we had were Poles, Italians and some Balkans. And people were talking down on them for being foreigners even thought they were Christian whites.

The first black person I saw in real life was on a trip to London when I was 8.

Well, I vote for the CSU in the past and in the latest election the AfD.

If you have a better realistic idea to make your voice heard, tell me. I don’t know of any.

>The first black person I saw in real life was on a trip to London

most sjws are either numales who can't stand to live anywhere other than the city, and fat feminist bitches who can barely walk, let alone hike.

in my experience hiking and trailing is pretty sjw free, so far.

>If you have a better realistic idea to make your voice heard, tell me.
you guys need to quit fucking about, unpack those brown shirts, and get the party started. The AfD are half-stepping fags.

This. Just hiking is still called hiking. This user gives the only definition of thru-hiking I've ever known. It's the entire trail, from end-to-end.

sounds like you're talking about beaners here, not sjws.

also if you're talking Commiefornia, of course you're going to run into leftists. you're in a fucking sea of them.

I am not a larper, I also do things in real life and donate.

if you come here to hike go to Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks

Look at those big melons!

Real talk I've actually been listening to the Sasquatch chronicles podcast and I legit think the US government knows about them. I get it it sounds ludicrous, but after years of research I think it makes sense. Tom delonge who has been proven to be in contact with high level Lockheed Skunkworks execs and usaf generals has stated that he was told Sasquatch was real. He was also involved w the recent NyT ufo article.

Has anyone seen what could be described as a Sasquatch in our national forests.

PS Teddy Roosevelt wrote about an alleged squatch encounter

Just wait one year then have one of these cool things!