What is Sup Forums's favorite band themed manga/anime?

What is Sup Forums's favorite band themed manga/anime?

You posted it.
>this will never get an anime adaption

2nd one is k-on after this one.

that's probably it, then again i haven't read much music related manga

If they did get one, I'd want Madhouse to do it. I love what they did with Beck.
The hard part would be licensing all the Jimmy Hendricks and especially the Nirvana songs.

The only other thing I could think of is having sound alikes

Me And The Devil Blues.

Urionically Fuuka

Detroit Metal City

Deardrops

Shiori Experience is up there.

Beck is still my top band manga though. Hits all the right buttons. Being completed and having a super satisfying ending also helps.

Haven't read many but I like Solanin.

Absolute favorite, Beck. I remember Sakamichi no Apollon, yes its a Jazz band

MY NIGGA
Shit's so hilarious

is this the one of the guy that wants to be a blues guitar man? I have seen a few pages of the first chapter

I just finished Beck. I have to say, the early parts of it were so well written I legitimately had to look up to see if it wasn't like...based on a true story of some japanese band I hadn't heard of.

For some years some acquaintances wanted to form a band. I get to hang with them from time to time and heard so many stories about all the shit they had to endure over the years, so I could relate to Beck and many of the events tend to occur to many indie bands.

Definitely the autor hanged in that indie scene and surely got many interesting anecdotal data from it.

There are some obviuosly weak parts of Beck, but its a prime example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

why would you read a manga about music when you can't hear what they are playing?

Does Devilmen mokushiroku count?

I think one of the biggest issues with Beck is that it tends to drop plot threads or leave them hanging unexpectedly. Looking back through it there's so many characters that never come back or even have conclusive character arcs.

Although part of that adds to its charm. It feels very realistic in a "people come and people go" kinda way.

Sometime it's all in how the artist depicts playing instruments or singing. That and all the behind the scenes moments really pulls you in if you care a lot about that sorta thing.

>translations never

It's not fair.

Not a band anime exactly but my favorite musical anime is shigatsu wa kimi no uso

As the song says, life goes on and on and on.

You already showed the only one worth mentioning aside from Detroid Metal.

Not strictly band themed, but as far as other music themed series you can do Pictorial of Sound by Kouji Miyata. A series of shorts dealing with different ways of interpreting sound through sequential art. First story is about a student joining his schools light music club due to some circumstances of his.

It's also worth mentioning Rock me Amadeus which is a battle series where aliens bond with humans to do combat. And they are only able to manifest themselves when their host plays a particular classical music artists song. Likewise these beings forms and names are based on the musicians they require for fuel. The main character is bonded with a being that goes by the name of Amadeus and needs the works of Mozart to appear.

MC is a natural born rocker who doesn't care for the classics and as far as what I can gleam, part of his growth is learning to appreciate classical music.

Sauce on that? Yes I'm a pleb.
Plsnobully

Does Kono oto Tomare count?

Not really, just pay a really popular Jpop/rock band that has a female singer and cover those songs.

>I love what they did with Beck.
You mean what Osamu Kobayashi did with Beck.

K-ON!!!

Author is pretty redpilled too

Don't you still have to pay liscensing fees for Covers? and even then should they leave all the scenes where Shiori's just listening to the music to be silent?

Well not like a "band" but Blue Giant

Who the hell would read a manga about a band? Like, you can't even hear the music they're playing.

Have they ever made the Sensei more cute and "cute", I mean sexy?

If you think that page is not against lynching niggers you need a brainscan.

k-on

The majority of the blacks in the manga are shitty people. Black MC actively cheated on his wife and doesn't like to work.

So what? If blacks are not perfect then the manga is racist? You know they are just regular people, with flaws and merits? SJW much?

Hallelujah Overdrive

Me & the Devil Blues.

The old man in question is a pedo serial rapist and child murderer.

Ironically it's K-ON

I wonder if he WOULD do a Shiori Experience adaptation, or if he's all music'ed out.

Did this a month or so ago.

BECK

Like you said, it's part of the charm. The sort of melancholic feeling you get when you spend some time somewhere or with someone and then leave. Maho relationship is also very realistic.

The thing that always bothered me has been the shitty drama with the big producers killing people and shit. Really drags things down a bit.

Not only the best band anime, but one of the best anime period.

Playing music is all about feeling. It's cathartic. The manga plays on that instead of what the actual music sounds like.

I get what you're saying about the producers being pretty much mafia, and whilst I agree that those aspects of the series could've been handled better, or removed entirely, I think It doesn't hurt it THAT much.

Speaking of, Shame how RIN ended. I was really enjoying that up to the ending. It feels super fucking rushed. I do hope Sakuishi goes on to start one more series at the very least though. I fucking adore his style.

Well, people with some power obstructing you just "because" (ranging from that guy looked at me in a weird manner, to he does not bend to my will) is part of life, on that part they hit the spot

Maho and Koyuki is a extremely idealized relationship, but somewhat, certain aspects felt real.
The fact that neither Maho or Koyuki got into other relationships while away from each other felt fake
Maho is a really interesting character, I would like to dwell in what she was thinking a little bit more, but having only Koyuki's point of view helped to engage with him and feel some of his pain, even as it was fueled by his insecurities

I also liked very much how they hard to fight for their place, and endure all the break ups

Also
I disliked how they went for the same formula in Avalon festival that was used in the 1st festival arc
But I sustain my point, even with all their flaws Beck is a sound story, pun intended

I think its weakest parts are the asspulls. I mean sure MC and his friends are experiencing a shit ton of problems but everytime a problem arise the author would just put something like a miracle to end the arc. I wish it was more like 3-gatsu tho

KON

That room is filled with swindlers, pedophiles, and conmen what is your point? Everyone is shitty when you describe it like that.

Solanin was pretty good