Kemono Friends

animatetimes.com/news/img.php?id=1488452395&p=1&n=1

This is an interview of Kadokawa Comic's Editor in Chief Kaji Masa, and Yaoyozoru's Director YoshitadaFukuhara.

Interview talks about how Kemono Friends franchise project came to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

may.2chan.net/b/res/473505429.htm
twitter.com/ExcellentNeet/status/845691479796310020
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are they really accepting 3rd Party works and putting it into the canon?

(Will try to translate this. A section addresses that)

Table of contents

・『けものフレンズ』の原作は「動物」、アニメもコミックも可能性のひとつ
> The Theme of "Kemono Friends" is "Animals". Manga and anime are just some of the possibilities
・「二次創作がオーケー!?」な寛容なスタンスの理由は?
> "Outsider work OK?" Why be this lenient?
・『けものフレンズ』はビジネス度外視のプロジェクト?
> Does "Kemono Friends" care about the business aspect of the project?
・空前のブレイク前にヒットの予兆はあったのか?
> What were the signs for this runaway hit?
・『けものフレンズ』の原点はシンガポールの動物園にアリ!?
> "Kemono Friend" started from a zoo at Singapore?
・「サンドスター」や「じゃぱりまん」などの謎に迫ってみた!
> Getting to the bottom to the mystery behind 'Sandstar' and 'Japari Bun'
・動画まわりをすべて手がける「たつき監督」の恐るべき守備範囲
> The versatility of Director Tatsuki, who's involved in everything

Trying to look like he's going to be the next Anno?

>started from a zoo at Singapore
Well, that makes sense. Japari Park is also a mostly tropical island.

>Getting to the bottom to the mystery behind 'Sandstar' and 'Japari Bun'
OH SHIT

I don't get why people are so puzzled by Japari Buns
>Materials cultivated by fairy beasts
>Made and processed in solar-powered facilities.
>Color-coded based on nutrient contents based on Areas.
>Distributed into spots where Friends in that area would usually look for, or explicitly like during the PPP concerts.
>Prevents friends from predating on each other.

It's not rocket science, people.

・『けもフレ』はガラパゴス的な進化をしたアニメ
> "Kemono Friends" is an anime that evolved like the Galapagos
・名物コーナーのひとつ「アライグマ」と「フェネック」の誕生秘話
> The birth of Fennac and Raccoon's special corner.
・「すごーい!」や「たのしー!」など、耳に残る声優さんのボイス
> 'Sugo-i!' and 'Tanoshi-i', the VA's voices that are stuck in your ears
・ブレイクの兆しはいつ? アニメ化決定から放送開始までを振り返る
> When did the trending sign appear? A look back from the anime getting green-lit to live broadcast
・ヒットの要因のひとつは、運営が動物を愛する気持ちがファンに伝わったから!?
> The reason why this is a hit- the creators have spread the love of animals to the fans!?
・大人から子供まで楽しめる作品にしたかった――(福原氏)
> Wanting to make an anime that can be enjoyed by young and old -- Fukuhara
・静止画で構成され話題となったエンディングのアイデアの源は?
> Just what's with the idea of using those still images for the ED which is causing a stir?
・重版が決定した『オフィシャルガイドブック』の中身はこうなる!
> Just what's inside the "Official Guidebook" which is getting a reprint!
・最後にファンの呼称、これからみなさんに届けたいことを聞いてみました
> Finally, what are some words to the fans

Is Kaban's wild release going to be firearms?

That would be hella fucking neat

So what do you want to happen in the last episode?
>Kaban isn't eaten at all, camera trick.
>Kaban isn't eaten at all, someone saves her.
>Kaban is eaten, and Serval wild releases and saves her.
>Kaban is eaten, and all of the friends in the OP collaborate to save her.
>Kaban is eaten. When they rescue her, they're too late and she's lost her memories.
>Kaban is eaten. The strategy continues as planned, sending Big Dog and her into the ocean.

Why does the "Made in Japari" look like someone edited it in after the fact and forgot to make the text transparent and used a bucket tool to fix it?

#4 seems most likely. I don't really care what happens as long as it's done well and makes me cry like a bitch.

Touhou did it successfully.

>People find animals and then turn them into Friends and they become part of the Japari Park canon.
People are the Sandstar

The last three is probably what's going to happen. I understand people just want Kaban to not be harmed so they believe in the camera trick thing but that would be a completely idiotic thing to do as a director.

Why is Serval crying?

>tfw never

I'm not sure what's supposed to fill the void when this is over. It's become an obsession for me over the past few weeks.

I want Arai

Her friend is dead.

I love these three the most.

Either she (subconsciously) saw her past self or her mother but we just don't know

The Nendoroids will be bigger and better

She just doesn't know.

Fennec looks more disappointed than smug.

>The life of Serval
Way too fucking depressing.

I don't care what happens, I just want Tatsuki to fuck with my emotions and I'm certain he will come through.

> The Theme of "Kemono Friends" is "Animals". Manga and anime are just some of the possibilities

Reporter: First of all, congratulations on the runaway hit of "Kemono Friends". So can you tell us where you got the idea for the project: what was the circumstances behind the launch of the contents?

Kadokawa: Kemono Friends came about as an IP that's based on Yoshizaki Mine's worldview and illustrations. As such, our plan wasn't to make an anime, a game, or a movie, but rather something bigger, as in ' to make an IP that would last 100 years.' as what we aiming for.

Reporter: That sounds interesting. So you are concerned with the IP before commercialization aspects such as with games and anime.

Kadokawa: it is only by chance that the game came about first. (Released March 2015). There are people who claim that 'it's based on a game' when that is not the case. The game was thought of as a part of various offerings. "Kemono Friends" is a big project that comprises of various media formats.

At this point, Tatsuki could make an extremely happy ending but I'd still be depressed.

This is what I'm really worried about.
I really hope ep12 won't fucking butcher everyone's expectation of KF.

>is an anime that evolved like the Galapagos
These guys are really huge nature nerds aren't they

This is the one meme I didn't expect to see.

Thats one of the earliest tho

Sandstar resurrects even the oldest of memes.

Be optimistic. Let's not jinx it as with what happened to Flip Flappers.

I hadn't liked Tiger's design before, but this is making me seriously reconsider.

PPP (Silent Hill ver)

Luluhu!

Is this anime following some predetirmined story or will there be a chance the Moose and Lion teams return for 12.

When you think about it, that war they had was very similar to killing Cerelians. Foreshadowing?

FliFla facedived with the start of the last arc, KF has been holding up way better.

>all extinct

It's ok, they're not extinct. They're just all broken mentally

この八重歯が俺を惑わせる

Believe in Tatsuki.

There's no way in hell she's staying eaten. This isn't that kind of show, and they said no one's dying. I know people think she'll just lose her memories, but given her origin that's not how it'd work.

Is Lion lifting Tiger up while leaned over like that, or are Tiger's legs just that long?

Reporter: But you haven't really clarified just what was the original work of "Kemono Friends" like.

Kadokawa: It's already been laid out by Yoshizaki Mine-san. "Kemono Friends" is based on 'animals.' Yoshizaki-san gave us the original view such as Japari Park, Sandstar and Cerulean, but the work is still based on 'animals'.

Yaoyozoru: So it's to say that Yoshizaki-sensei is not the original author, but rather the concept designer.

Kadokawa: The triad of game, anime and comic look to be standalone at first, but they are actually connected. The game can't be played anymore because the service has ended, but those who have had the experience could see the common ground over the various events that have taken place on the stage that is Japari Park... I hope that you enjoyed them.

Yaoyozoru: I agree. Kemono Friends can be enjoyed just with a single entry in itself, but it's even more fun when you understand everything. Yoshizaki-sensei may have defined such terms as 'Sandstar' or 'Japari Park', but there's no fixed interpretation on those terms, so this leaves the people who's working on the game, comic and anime some room to interpret those things in their own terms.

Reporter: That's also quite unique. I think that you normally would make the general setting as "XX is such and such!" Does Yoshizaki-sensei look at these interpretations with an accepting view, leaving the interpretation completely up to the authors of all the derivative work?

Yaoyozoru: That's right.

Kadokawa: I don't know since I have not asked him in person, but I do think that that he has this in mind since he wants others to think about it on their own. Yoshizaki-san would've set the 'answer' if he draws them out.

Yaoyozoru: Komikku (Kemono Friends - youkoso Japari Park e!) has a totally different art style to Yoshizaki-sensei's drawings. Fans of Yoshizaki-sensei have reportedly said that 'this couldn't be Yoshizaki-sensei's art!' when the info on the anime was released.

First season will have happy ending and Kaban and Serval will continue their adventures.

Second season will get more metaphysical and explore the nature of Friends and their death/rebirth cycle and memories. Will have a bittersweet 'memories are gone but the heart remains let's start again from day 1' ending.

I'm guessing you really felt that director change huh.

I've always had the hots for warrior-type catgirls, and these are really pushing my dick.

>The game can't be played anymore because the service has ended, but those who have had the experience could see the common ground over the various events that have taken place on the stage that is Japari Park... I hope that you enjoyed them.

Seriously though, fuck Nexon.
Wasn't it basically a single-player game?

Lion's kinda short. Although honestly, it's a fan work, and the characters are usually portrayed in a different style, so there's some freedom with the perspective.

Most mobage are. They just require online service because that's how they bilk you of tens of thousands of yen.

>inb4 coma and timeskip
But really, I think it can go either way. Kaban being a Human Friend doesn't makes her immune unless I missed something.

Amazing.

Dino never extinct.

You don't seem to understand how mobages work.

Nah. Second season is about Kaban putting a box on the ground and watching all the cats try to pile into it.

Writer, switch with writer.

>Black_otter.jpg

If scientists reverse-evolve the chicken to become more dinosaur-like, what would it become when hit by Sandstar?

Not even top 3 to be honest, sadly.

Learn to draw.
Go to /an/.
Parody whatever fun picture you want with Friends.
Share the tanoshi.

I do and that's what upsets me

Christ, how embarassing, of me. Brb, killing self after tomorrow.

may.2chan.net/b/res/473505429.htm
Looks like the japs found the "marathoned the first ep" shitposting thread from yesteday.
Or at least someone showed it to them.

If it hatched as a dinosaur-like chicken, it would turn into dinosaur-like chicken Friend.

>Kaban putting a box on the ground and watching all the cats try to pile into it.

I have 100% faith in him. From reading his twitter it sounds like he's ignoring all the hype and is just locked in a dungeon somewhere doing nothing but working on this show. I can tell this is a man about to put the finishing touches on his magnum opus.

>marathoned the first ep
Incredible to me that people still take that meme seriously

Japs are always watching these threads. They just don't share everything because they have their own discussion to do.

Why do they post so few pictures?

>Even foreigners are masturbating with SpongeBob?
Googletranslate still shit I see.

Except for that time he gloated when episode 11 first aired.

How about Kaban is saved, but split ways from Serval to continue her search for humanity?

There were long-distance swimmer Friends in the original game such as Narwhal and Blue Whale, so simply leaving Japari Park won't turn a Friend back to her baseline animal.

You can't blame them, it is a comedy thread.

If SS can ressurrect even extinct animals, why don't we just throw it in a museum woth kambrian fossils?

Reporter: So such voices were made

Yaoyozoru: Yes, but Yoshizaki-sensei said that we needn't care too much about his art style. I was hoping that the anime would have anime like designs, and that's how we got thinking. Yoshizaki-sensei's original design had 3 heads height while the manga had 7-8 heads, so what should be done with the anime?

Reporter: And that's how the character proportion got decided?

Yaoyozoru: 7-8 head length isn't very suited for gags and it would look gross. On the other hand a 3 head proportion is simply too cute and couldn't carry itself seriously. That is why we've adopted the middle road as the current anime character design.

Kadokawa: It's easier for me to illustrate this with the figures that are made as prizes. Those figures are definitely deformed, the reason being that I couldn't just take Yoshizaki-san's design and make it work in 3D because it's got to look cute as an object so we had to do make them like that.

That is why when we have decided to do the anime in 3D, we had to design the characters for the sake of their cuteness and for them to move easily.

>that 3rd post
Embarassing

Black Serval is an inevitability, I feel.

Most likely Kaban, Serval and Arai-san and Fennec are going to check out the next island.

This is his first show. I would hope he didn't blow his creative load on his first go at it. There was a fan poll in nipland about what they would hope for in a second season if KF got one. The number one reply was that the "writing and directing staff must be kept"

twitter.com/ExcellentNeet/status/845691479796310020

BLACKED

>you thought the Ceruleans were bad? wait until you see this villain

And that's our season 2 hook, right? Right???

Post fat serval-chan