Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

Did anybody else feel that "Diamond is Unbreakable" didn't even hold a fucking candle to "Stardust Crusaders"? I am puzzled as to why they chose some shitty town as the setting, when Stardust Crusaders had all of Southeast asia and North Africa.

What did you guys think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Valuev
imgur.com/a/O1thc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait for Vento Áureo and Jolyne

>I dont understand the basics of world-building: the post
Kill yourself

I didn't even like part 4 that much, but the setting is much better and actually fleshed out. Part 3 was a bore in comparison.

It was arakis crack at SoL plus standos. It is what it is.

Here we go

did you just right an amazon review?

Part 3 is literally the worst part. Kill yourself.

I'm glad somebody said it. I mean it got more enjoyable towards the end, but the first half felt like Standfeld: the Jojo SOL chronicles

A few people I play games online with say my opinion is shit every time I bring this up but Stardust Crusaders had so many more "wow that's so cool, I'm glad I got to see that" moments

Plus part 4 didn't have a single loli

I think he's making fun of you, OP.

It's just a town in the middle of Japan, I was much more intrigued by the adventure through the Pacific, and then the desert adventure to get to Cairo in Part 3.

By what metric? The characters are far much more likeable in part 3, the setting's better, there's less drama, and the stands are cooler.

>less drama

Don't even kid yourself. Every Jojo features drama - hell, the very first chapter was dramatic as fuck between Dio and Jonathan and then putting Danny in the oven. It literally doesn't get much more dramatic than that.

A huge and valid criticism against part 3 is just the way in which it is structured. The monster of the week style of anime can be boring to some and personally I felt like a lot of the stand battles in part 3 should have either been cut to 1 episode length or not included at all(like that stupid car stand). Compared to other parts, part 3 just does not have a good coherent plot.

You've got a point about that. I don't know, I just feel that I was much more immersed in the drama in the first chapter. Also, the intro music to Diamond is unbreakable is wack as fuck

That said, the 1999 color scheme is aesthetic as fuck

Main reason is Hayato, he ruined Part 4.

I'm going to need a speedy summary on this specimen.

Part 4 was so much better than part 3 it isn't even funny.

Only faggots prefer part 3. The only good part of the whole goddamn thing was the final battle against Dio and Jotaro.

Only going by the manga here, dunno how the anime does it, but the Vanilla Ice fight was better. Part 3 was where fights started dragging on forever in this series.

First of all, nice dubs. Second of all, I do feel like some battles were strung on too long, but the character development and twists in the battles, although they can't compare to the creative Hamon energy attacks in parts 1 and 2, were very entertaining

>they
>treating jojo like a franchise made by a boardroom of hack writers

What difference did the variety of settings added to Part 3, except learning a lot about different kinds of toilets?

Part 4 has more interesting antagonists (only the Egyptian gods can hold a candle to Part 4 enemies), and a lot of characters that just add color to the setting instead of a collection of minions.

>he's also a hamonfag
How is it even possible to have such shit taste?

>Creative Hamon energy attacks
You mean Hamon energy asspulls

Part 4 was fucking great
>comfy small town setting
>kira is the GOAT villain
>get to see jotaro as a mature adult mentor and not an edgy teen

Different strokes mate. I prefer Diamond is Unbreakable because it feels like the character like each other the most. Josuke, Okuyasu, and Koichi are a fantastic main cast. Though the battles aren't as grand, the scooby doo mystery level fun was a cool vessel and time.

You guys make good points. It is great to see Jotaro all mature and in aesthetic white clothes

>hamonfag
I guess you learn something new every day

It's because the anime for part 3 and 4 are inferior to the manga. The manga has better art. Several gags were cut from the anime as well as some great panels and pages.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Valuev
Here you fucking go

When will Rohan OAV trailer come out?

this

""""world building"""" are fucking useless buzzwords used by idiots who don't actually understand storytelling

Morioh being the sole central location of part 4 is important, but not for that reason

>worldbuilding is a buzzworld
please tell me this is bait

Hayato was great in my opinion, what didn't you like about him?

DIU felt significantly better and more well-contained than SC. SC was 'fun' but it wasn't much of a story, and Dio was honestly a pretty shitty villain. There was WAY too much telling, not showing, with him.

the central theme and the characters of the story are how the audience interacts with the work, stories aren't about how much useless and trite information about a fictional setting you can fill up a wiki article with

it's why no one cares about any of Tolkien's work outside of Hobbit and LotR, they're all boring history lessons on a fictional world

I also prefer DIU, but DIO is actually a very well written villain. imgur.com/a/O1thc read this analysis of him.

Is this a joke?

>post yfw you realize every stand in Part 3 save the goddamn bug and a fucking dream baby are beaten by Polnareff, Jotaro and/or Joseph
>Avdol didn't even solo one fucking baddy the whole series, and Kakoyin jobbed to everything after the plane and just being able to fight the handicap Death Thirteen
You could replace Avdol and Kakoyin both with anyone and it wouldn't matter.

Not him, but DIO from Part 3 and only Part 3 is a pretty lame antagonist. He might be my least favorite main antagonist in the series, actually. His final fight isn't enough to make up for everything else.

No. Read the analysis

Jojo anime and dbz normies killed Sup Forums

No seriously, is this a joke?

I just started watching part 4 anime, so far part 3 is better imo, but I remember reading the part 4 manga and falling in love with it, its not translating well into anime form thus far, but I'm only on ep 7 so far, hopefully it gets better.

At least Avdol beat Polnareff

Is this that "Dio is afraid of water" one again?

Upset that Jojo has infinitely better and more detailed art than whatever shitty moeblob show you watch?

And we got more Okuyasu instead.

Sup Forums has been dead for a longtime.

So what? It just implies all the monsters Dio sent, Avdol could have beaten if he gave a fuck to try and contribute anything?

Fucking lazy ass sandniggers, every goddamn time it's like 'muh chicken a durka durka make the french do it'

>Hurr durr I don't like complicated story telling and world building!
>probable hamon/joseph fag
SC was Araki's first time writing stands. DiU is were he starts exploring the stand concept as a creative plot device which laid the foundation of what is jojo today.

>Art is everything
gb2/v/

The first few episodes of DIU are some of the only good ones. It becomes absolute garbage after Shigechi's Harvest, with constant QUALITY and a butchered reveal of Killer Queen. Brace yourself.

Dio Brando is a decently written villain, DIO is a generic "I want to kill my enemies and rule the world" supervillain.
Yoshikage Kira is an exceptionally well written villain and part of that is owed to how different he is from Dio Brando.

you still haven't proveed how worldbuilding is a buzzworld.
also
>Tolkien is the only writer to ever employ worldbuilding on his work

Can you have sex with a stand?

I'm fine with Kakyoin not soloing everything since his stand is a bit more technical- I think it was the Steely Dan fight where he stretched his stand to stop the enemy stand going in that girl's ear.
Avdol's stand is just too one-dimensional. It would be boring to watch him beat one of the enemy stand users just by launching fire at them. Then again, I feel like Avdol should have been better at thinking of ways to defeat enemy stands than Jotaro.
They're a team anyway, and Avdol is necessary for the plot. Doesn't have to solo shit to make him a good character.

I think that would require having a stand of your own.

t. Autist who eats up shit art
Even I can draw better than the kindergarten-tier moeblob you watch.

Stands don't have puss puss

>replace Kakoyin with a roll of newspaper
>swat the bug
>slap the baby
>they just ask Polnareff what the fuck Dio's power is already
DONE

>>they just ask Polnareff what the fuck Dio's power is already
too bad that once they saw polnareff after the fact he was bumbling like an idiot saying "I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS POWER IS BUT ITS DANGEROUS HON HON ZA WARUDODA"

That's disappointing, the manga was such a fun ride.

But, part 4's setting meant something to the charcters
Part 4's setting is a setting the main cast and villain loves,Josuke Wants to protect the town because of his love ones and sense of justice Kira Also wants peace( his definition of peace is to kill and take women's hands). Josuke and kira may not have any relation to each other like Dio and Johnaton, but you can't deney that they both loved their town

Kira's definition of peace is a predictable life with no conflict. He outright admits that his urge to kill is a bad habit that contradicts his desire for peace, but much like how his nails grow quicker than normal, he feels like there's nothing he can do about it because it's who he is.

The first few episodes of DIU are a fucking slog.
>koichi screaming a lot
>slow character introductions and "world-building"
>that horrible zany music
The Keicho fight was good, at least.

However The Lock was one of the best and most stylized episodes. There was some impressive animation here and there as well. Too bad it all went to shit soon after.

Why did they remove those neat ass transitions they were going for? David got lazy.

so?

>next season looks fucking garage
>still no Part 5 anime

JUST

haha very original post
keep going lad

Yuuki Ono's voice for Gran is completely unchanged from his voice for Josuke, if that makes you feel better. Just imagine him as Josuke with a cute girlfriend.

>for no reason
There's a serial killer on the loose and our protags need to stop him. What other reason do you need?

Not sure if you're trolling but I'll bite. The way I see it SDC was some pretty generic stuff. Monster of the week (well executed though) stuff with tarot themed enemies and adventure. I found DiU to be refreshing and Kira was a very interesting enemy with a really original motivation. A psycho enemy done right with none of the usual "chaotic retarded" stuff related to such villains. I liked both but I did prefer DiU. Stardust Crusaders had a better ending though.

Thought you wrote Yoko Ono for a second there

hes a filthy little fag that spies on his parents.

Let's just wait for SBR to get animated, it's undoubtedly the best part

> Also, the intro music to Diamond is unbreakable is wack as fuck

The JoJo series are very stylised. I think that opening was mean't as a reference to Josuke's kindness and heart as a person.

Also note that part 4 Josuke doesn't kill a single person in the series.

>write a fucking dissertation on dio and pucci
>still can't explain heaven
God, part 6 was disappointing.

Well, its time to spice things up

I wish Josuke had a girlfriend that I could self-insert as.

>intro music was wack as fuck
I can tolerate shitting on chase, maybe great days, but CNBT was goat and all other opinions are wrong.

>155118786
Fuck off Jojobrony

>intro music is wack as fuck
CNBT and Great Days are amazing what are you talking about

>doppio looking like a 10 year old
no

Not a huge fan of CNBT myself. Chase was definitely the best out of all three of Part 4's openings though.

>Chase was definitely the best out of all three of Part 4's openings though.
How can one person be so wrong?
Great Days is the best opening.

This. Chase was forgettable.

Great Days > CBNT >>> Chase

gb2/v/

yes sir

since.you guys are talking about my fav part here my draw about Kira

He looks like he tried to make his lips better suited for oral sex with a vacuum.

What would sex with Diavolo be like?

I always interpreted Dio like this
>was always naturally kind of an ambitious asshole, genes from his father/his upbringing in a horrible slum
>is cornered by Johnathan after uncovering his plot to take the Joestar fortune in his ambitions
>after becoming a vampire he thinks himself completely unbeatable, which is the reason for his new goal of world domination
>even as a vampire he still considers Johnathan someone deserving of respect, isn't totally and completely inhuman or "above" every other person
>is beaten by Johnathan but comes back with what he considers the "ultimate stand"
>it basically is the ultimate stand if it weren't for asspulls
>gets an even larger god complex because of it, leading to what he's like in part 3
Doesn't really make him any better in part 3 but that's how I interpreted it
But what you posted is clearly much more in depth than my explanation
Looks legit as well from what I read

Anyone got a link to the pastebin?

Repetitive

Where does the Pucci shit fit into your explaination my friend?

Probably really awkward and painful, considering his only experience is taking a bunch of dicks non consensually and nutting in half a second with his ex girlfriend

Being shoved down the fans throats when that panel time shouldve been used on the likes of Yukako, Tonio, u know make the other side characters more useful(at least like Yuya).

This.
Part 4 anime is not a tenth of the manga. It's a great manga, not a good anime.
I would say the same for the rest of the Jojo anime but we're not talking about that.