Post the anime that got you back into anime after you'd given up on the medium

Post the anime that got you back into anime after you'd given up on the medium.

I hadn't really "given up" per se, but I was definitely over shounenshit

Usually I'll just rewatch a favourite

I didn't give up but I was almost exclusively just reading manga until I started watching S1 of Konosuba last year and it made me fall in love with anime again. The problem was I was avoiding cute stuff and ecchi stuff. Konosuba broke my barriers.

I was under the impression that SZS was some sort of an "engame" anime or something like that, and ironically all the references and surreal nature of the show got me checking out Jigoku Shoujo and other works

Toradora

Kurisu's and Okabe's relationship in S;G gave me hope, but then got me depressed because that's something I'll never have. I love anime like this but yet hate it at the same time, its a conflicting feeling.

Have yet to find one.

Have you seen K-On?

It was actually Non Non Biyori that encouraged me to dip my toes in the water if I'm being honest, but it was Flip Flappers that fully restored my faith in the medium

I've kind of drifted a bit out of anime for a little bit because this past season's been kind of enh. Anyone got recommendations for some good anime? It can be old or new as long as it's just good.

Why?

Junkers Come Here

It's sitting on my hard drive and I plan to get to it some time next month, been really busy this season with Maid Dragon, Gabriel Dropout and of course Konosuba while getting through Railgun.

>giving up on anime

Illegally watched Haruhi in the wrong order and hated it. Then I decided to watch it and now it's in my top 15, disappearance in my top 5

It was the show that I guess woke me up to the idea of cute stuff, like you were saying. The bar for that kinda thing is still pretty low, but K-On! really is a wonderful show that I wish I hadn't avoided for so long

Bump

I've never given up on anime and I've been at it for over 10 years now.

Not really given up, but it reminded me why it can be great.

Nothing, really. I just watch older things. I've watched very few things from after 2010 or so.

Never really given it up, I just go in spurts between other activities. One break was for Runescape in 2005-2006, in 2008-2009 I played Halo Custom Edition religiously alongside a handful of really trash f2p MMOs, had several breaks for Wurm Online in 2011, 2013, and 2015, and Xianxia/Wuxia webnovels had me occupied for most of 2016. Shows that pulled me back before include Mushishi, Macross Frontier, Yuru Yuri, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Non Non Biyori, and Maid Dragon. Around 2010 I really got into pre-90's mecha and watched almost every pre-90's animu with subs and stopped watching modern anime for a long time, shitposting about moeshit on /m/ until I got into Yuru Yuri and realized CGDCT is a flawless formula so I guess that could count as one of my diversions even though it's anime. I've watched around 850 TV anime so far, still 200 backloged on my drive

Monogatari revitalized my interest after over half a decade of two or three anime a year, and as dumb as it was Danganronpa 3 is what got me into finally watching stuff weekly again

Konosuba got me back into actually looking for shit to watch after a long period of only watching stuff that people pushed on me.

Now I'm a total konosubafag but I'm also watching other stuff and clearing out my ancient backlog.

Weirdly enough, it was actually my (now-ex) girlfriend who got me back into it.

Didn't watch anime between 1996 and 2007.

Hibike

>girlfriend
user...

stop