What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

dumb phone poster

Being badly written

The transform limit, the game was destined to need violence to complete.

ACCOMPANY ON

MASADORA

you hear it, you lose

He was a video game griefer but in real life. Also Togashi liked Karasu so much he needed to bring back the bomber idea one more time (not that I'm complaining).

ITT: greed Island jobber apologists

Face it, he had the superior strategy. I bet you all summoned like 3 dudes for dark souls too. It was a game for hunters, they should have anticipated this. All it took was 2 marginally strong heroes (at that point) to take him down, and those 30 odd faggots did nothing?

Genthru did literally nothing wrong

He has no interesting backstory, or motives or powers.

>durr I can explode things

The most forgettable and generic antagonist in the series. Anticlimatic after Razor.

Install Genthru

>Anticlimatic after Razor.
You have to realize with Greed Island, Razor is the final boss, and Genthru is the Final Exam. GI is a training arc and Razor is the fight that connects the MC to the main goal of finding his father. Gentrhu is a test of Biscuits training since Gon has to utilize all of the nen principles he learned as well as using his Hatsu in a fight situation and not just for punching balls.

I like Genthru though, he didn't need a complex backstory and his personality was just strong enough for me to like him.

Being the worst villain in the series.

I don't get the hate for Greed Island and Genthru.

Because it wasn't even a good card game

How hard is it to design a relatively interesting one?

Just fucking copy yugioh and I guarantee that greed Island becomes everyone's favorite arc

The only good thing about GI was the ending song.

>just copy yugioh and it becomes everyone's favourite arc
Yugioh was fucking trash lmao, face it user only normalfags and Sup Forumsermin would enjoy that.

>Because it wasn't even a good card game
It's really not a focused card game though? Aside from spells nobody uses the other card effects for anything and there are some that could have potentially been used to deal with Genthru.

Really if you were paying attention the most important aspect of the cards was being able to track your opponent effortlessly as long as you had an accompany or Levy. The rest came down to how well you could fight which was a point very early on in the arc when Gon/Killua just took a card from the scrubs that tried to ambush them.

That being said I'd play GI in a heartbeat provided I don't have to do more than PvE until Razor.

Can you not be edgy for a second? It's a hunter arc, it could have been wacky bullshit adventure before CA but togashi had to be an edgelord, egged on by people like you.

Yuigohs first season was ridiculous nonsense, exactly what GA should have been

>wacky bullshit adventure
How the hell is this a good thing, if anything it would have been detrimental to foreshadowing gons deranged self. I will admit it was a pretty shitty card game, but atleast it served its purpose to develop gon as a crazed lunatic which I cannot see happening with your vision. Would you really prefer ruining a key plot point in CA just for your wacky bullshit adventures?

Togashi did a very poor job of communicating exactly how strong Genthru was and the kind of threat he was supposed to represent. It's only years after originally reading GI that I understood Genthru was supposed to be a top-tier hunter, instead of the no-name loser he comes across as. It's one of the few times in HxH that Togashi failed in conveying his intended message. It's jarring because he's usually very good at that.

How do you have no imagination? There are 101 ways they could have shown the heavier sides of Gon during wacky things In fact, I think a more lighthearted game would have worked better for Gon, as togashi could have had him slowly doing more fucked up shit as the zanier things occur.

Surprisingly, contrast is good for a story

Why didn't Gin just tell Bisky to train Gon in exchange for Blue Planet?

Since when did Gin ever babysit Gon?
GI was 99% for fucking around, 1% for Gon

Don't think Gin gives enough of a fuck

>guy essentially genocides a truckload of people and is a massive cunt towards everyone with his "wew lad, let's make a deal :^)"
>goes scot-free and Gon even heals his sissy injuries
>Pitou
>"I'LL FUCKING KILL THIS RANDOM KID BECAUSE OF HOW ANGRY I AM"

Humans are humans and ants are ants

To be fair, Genthru didn't kill Kite and it's already been established that Gon doesn't really give a shit about people who destroy his body just look at Hanzo.

He wanted money. If anything he has the best motive out of all villains for the shit he did

Gon is an unstable child, why are you expecting him to behave reasonably? He's not fucking Leorio, kid's got issues.

Gon doesn't give a shit about most things.

why didn't bisky fuck gon?

because she's not palm

Gon didn't give her lip so she didn't have to fuck with him

Killua on the other hand..

I must be one of the few who really liked GI

Can Killua even feel pain like a normal person?

I think it's solid but overshadowed by both Yorknew City and CA. Genthru isn't a bad villain, he's just a hell of a lot less good than Chrollo and Meruem. As an arc that's just an attempt at making a huge amount of training fun to read, it's good enough.

the fact that he survived, while all those he killed are dead, shows how nihilist this manga is towards morals.

... Among other things.

>gon's moral compass boils down to "did you hurt my friend"
>killua's moral compass boils down to "is this good for gon
>kurapika is motivated chiefly by hate and anger and is a fucking mob boss by the ship arc
>leorio is totally unphased by killua ripping a dude's heart out at the age of 12
jesus christ togashi why aren't there any normal people

>why aren't there any normal people

there probably are, but normal people don't become hunters

fair point

What about the cow zodiac? He seems pretty much lawful good.

Really? Because him completely shitting on Gon during their fight should have made that pretty obvious. Only biscuit could have defeated him out of the 3, Gon needed traps to even things out.

DELETE THIS

''use the super-rare class S card to h-heal bara, i d-dont care about money from now on, i-i promise gon-senpai, i recently found a moral compass in a dungeon''

He wasn't Kira Yoshikage

He was a sociapath who really liked killing. He was a calm, yet insane individual who never got his jimmies rustled until he fought Gon, who was infinitely more insane than he could hope to be.

I fluxuates as my favorite arc. I think it's a training arc done right. The world of GI is incredibly fleshed out and Togashi's autism at statting out all the cards even though he doesn't use any but the spells is neat and you can see it happening in the background.

The only reason it doesn't take first is because Genthru's fight feels a bit lack luster even if I get why it is like that.

He oversees/approves an exam where 95% of the entrants become chow for monsters before the last test.
HxH world sucks

Watching dubs

Yes he can, but he learned to resist it, which means his training must have been fucking brutal.