A vagina

Is it unintentional?

She's my wife.

Has she taken a trip to 青木ヶ原 yet?

She's cute and her shows are cute

C U T E
CUTE!!!!

Completely unintentional.

A need for Kyoanus lickers to find a figurehead to gather around, despite said figurehead having nothing that separates her from her other peers to begun with.

Stop jerking around or i will tell her husband

She's moe

She's a young auteur with at least one good project under her belt. Worth watching, at least.

What do you think her next masterpiece will be like?

I want to see her revisit the softer, more cartoony style of K-On! and less photorealistic stuff (it's not really photorealism, but you know what I mean). Something original would be nice, and with a healthy amount of artsy fartsy.

Hopefully nothing like Koe no Katachi. And hopefully an original

She has a face made for bukkake

>filmlike directorial style and camera technique
>genuine appreciation and understanding of relationships, especially family and high school relationships
>charming sense of humor
>good and wide taste in music
>cute in real life

>filmlike directorial style and camera technique
>genuine appreciation and understanding of relationships, especially family and high school relationships
>charming sense of humor
>good and wide taste in music
>cute in real life

also
>embraces femininity without otaku pandering or poisonous western style feminism

where did you get this picture of me? please take it down immediately

Can I get your shirt

only if you donate your ass hair so i can fix my eyebrows

I think the fact that she is a woman creates a very interesting new perception on reality for a male viewer and that's why so many are so enamoured by her work. Typically when a show is trying to denote the psyche of a female lead it is so full of itself and exaggerated as though the character being female is something constantly conscious to them, because the writer/director is a man and they are trying to understand the female psyche as they write. For Yamada it is just apart of the characters, the kind of shy romance of Tamako Love Story or adolescent bonding of K-On! or Hibike are just things that the characters engage with naturally without it being so drawn attention towards.

Maybe I'm not making any sense or sound dumb but it's very interesting seeing a medium that otherwise doesn't have any(/many) female voices and then one comes along and they inexplicably get a great deal of acclaim. I've just been studying The Hitch-Hiker, a female directed noir film, which is the same phenomenon.

i agree. for me a large part of the attraction of k-on is the fact that it's a reflection of my own time in high school playing in a band with friends but everyone is female rather than male.

the fact that yamada wrote or adapted the characters simply as high school students rather than symbols or vehicles for ideologies or whatever let me appreciate the similarities and differences between my experience and a girl's experience. which isnt something id ever come across aside from in some novels. even my female friends never granted me that kind of insight because theres always sexual tension or resignation toward mutual understanding from years of being just distant enough.

im gonna check out the hitchhiker, thank you user.

The Hitch-Hiker is only similar in a behind-the-scenes sense because the director was the only female director to direct a noir film, and as a result her movie was so much different from her male counterparts. Funnily enough The Hitch-Hiker doesn't feature any prominent female characters so it's not as though the film gives any insight into the female mindset, but there is a very clear homoerotic subtext in the film that a male director would never do. A lot of the gay tension comes as a result of the closeness of the two male leads, and arguably if they were female there wouldn't appear gay as women tend to be more intimate in platonic female friendships. So in a sense there is an insight into the female mindset where the director could be seen as projecting onto male characters, but I may be stretching a little.

I dunno, it's an interesting movie but not directly comparable to Yamada. I would recommend you watch it just because it's good but don't expect it to be anything like what we both enjoy from Yamada's work.

My wife Mugi is so cute. Thank you Yamada-san for characterizing her so well, especially in Season 2.

a long while ago i read some writing on homoeroticism in raymond chandlers work so that definitely interests me. im no expert on hardboiled fiction or film noir but i think itll be fascinating to compare chandler and the female director this way.

i never expected such a fruitful conversation on Sup Forums nowadays honestly.

You think the adolescent bonding in Hibike came across as natural?