Why does it get so much hate?

Why does it get so much hate?

because it's gateway anime and also shit?

Power of force and memes

Because is legitimately bad and people still think it's a masterpiece.

Because it had promise but then went to shit midway through

Because it is popular while simultaneously being poorly written and animated. If it was just one and not the other there'd be less of a backlash.

>there are anons who didn't enjoy seeing Kirito being a girl (male)

It's shit and hyped as "great"

it was good until changed from an adventure series to a love story

>poorly animated
Nigga what?

badly written

it's the very definition of a gateway anime

Because it's good.

On a scale of 1-10, how wrong is this statement?

0 (zero). This is certainly better than your usual overpowered MC battle harem, don't pretend that it isn't.

>it's shit/porly written
There are much worse anime
>it's shit AND popular
Not the case either since a lot anime fit that criteria
>overpowered mc
This is so usual to anime in general that I really don't get why ppl complain so much about it.
>false premise
That's only believable reason actually. Expecting adventure and getting romance could really trigger someone. Especially romance that is so unusual to anime. I mean unusual in a way that relationship between mc and girl being established so fast and not getting delayed up until end of 4th season or some shit

>there is much worse anime
Just because some shit smells worse than others it doesn't mean I should be expected to eat it
>many anime are shit and popular
And people give that similar backlash. It's just so much about SAO is objectively bad but somehow it got a pass with so many people
>overpowered mc is usual
There's a difference between being overpowered and being a shameless Jesus allegory
>the romance is bad
That was the only thing that was written well honestly. I really liked how Kirito and Asuna grew together. They avoided a lot of the usual harem trappings through a quick and conclusive romantic subplot

>Just because some shit smells worse

You're underestimating the multitude of shit that smells worse then. You can compare SAO to this current season's top dogs and current Sup Forums favs and they'll still pale compared to it.

>Just because some shit smells worse than others it doesn't mean I should be expected to eat it
I'm not expecting anyone to watch it I'm answering ops question
>SAO is objectively bad
>got a pass with so many people
Do I have to point a flaw in your logic or do will you realize it by yourself?
>shameless Jesus allegory
Aside from "deny system with power of will" there is nothing that outstanding about his overpowerness
>>the romance is bad
I said it was unusual to anime which is why it could be hated by anime veterans, not bad

Because beta cucks in their parents basement get triggered by an alpha MC that gets all the girls and beats all the other guys.

I'm actually looking forward. It seems like a decent action flick with good animation.

Because one look at OP's picture tells you everything that's wrong with it.

The edgy loner who is somehow super competent in everything he does, gets all the girls around him dripping wet. These girls have close to no existence before they met MC and their entire world revolves around him.

It's your standard haremshit, but unlike other harems it isn't treated like such and that only makes it worse.

>edgy
Stop using that word there it doesn't belong

>getting upset at proper use of a word

newfags trying so very hard to fit in bashing it more than it deserves, calling it gateway anime and shit

I watched it because Digibro bitched about it being sexist, and I literally always do the opposite of what that pretentious subhuman says and have thus far not been disappointed.

It's an okay harem/isekai. You get exactly what you expect.

But it does get some rightful hate because it's a fun premise, great backgrounds and good animation wasted on a shitty story.
>gateway anime
SAO really is a gateway anime, and there's nothing wrong with that.