So why did Yui even bother with 8man? It's obvious she's been in love with him since the incident, but why, exactly?

So why did Yui even bother with 8man? It's obvious she's been in love with him since the incident, but why, exactly?

Was 8man right about her being "nice" and she just started associating with him because of said accident?

Oregairu thread, I guess

Wish fulfilment.

Pretentious haremshit.

Cutest trap

she wants to marry as quick as possible

His actions impressed her and she wanted to know him. She only fell in love around volume 5, which is the festival date.

any word when vol 12 cover will be out?

Light Novel characters are extremely realistic. You should compare their motivations to normal human behavior and seek to understand them in order to glean a deeper understanding of the human condition. There is no way that the series was concocted entirely to be a interesting take on romcom mixed with drama that focused around a misanthropic loser who would normally have no chance having relations with others, especially girls.

what he did during her date?

April 18th

Would she marry Hikki though?

It wasn't that, it was from her. The accident is what impressed her. Her feelings grew slowly and are genuine.

To be fair, at least 8man's relationship with Yukino is constructed rather well. If there isn't a hint of why exactly Yui likes 8man in any of the volumes (or the final one), then I'd agree with you in that regard.

I can definitely understand the motivations behind the series, but it wouldn't hurt to try to understand its characters. And Yui's been the biggest question mark in my understanding.

Yui is a sweet girl who wanted something different and the club was fresh to her. She fell for 8man and wants to help him and Yukino get what they want. She has done her best to be a bridge and keep the club together. No matter what happens on the finale she will be friends and close with both.

I mean in regards to her motivations and past. I want to think she has a bit more depth than that considering the other characters do.

Yui only seems to like him like a highschool crush. She would probably get over losing soon after.

She does. She feels like an outsider and tries to avoid conflict. She was likely just some follower her entire life. The club is a way where she isn't.

Wait until volume 12 until she reveals her motivations. As for background or depth, there is not a lot to her.

It's probably gonna be a repeat of white album 2 where she admits to liking the relationship that Yukino and 8man had and wanted to stick herself in the middle.

Yui likes him because he is a nice guy

>And Yui's been the biggest question mark in my understanding.
Are you autistic?

She spends time with him and slowly realizes he is actually a nice guy under all the misanthropy

Plot device.

You see, Yui is a much better, nicer girl than anyone else thinks.
She has an innate understanding of people's emotions, yet she has never done emotional manipulation for her own benefit. She is more than aware that she could do it at any time, but she has chosen never to. Even with the aquarium date, her manipulation was for Yukino to realize that she had to solve her own problems on her own, weakening her position in what she knows is a romantic triangle.
Also, she's a very hard worker. We see her being dumb and all, but not once is she mentioned to be in troubles keeping up academically. What she lacks in innate smarts she makes up with effort.
She's a sweet girl who does her best so that the people she cares about are happy.

This

Sorry, no 'tragic' past or terrible familial relations. Not DEEP enough for me.

This This this.

She does have a self esteem issue. She thinks she is unfair and unkind despite how fair and kind she is.

I'm really glad you misconstrued my meaning, thank you for that. I just mean that Yui is relatively flat or that her character is relatively straightforward. I'm not perplexed by it, I'd be fine if she was really as honest as she's made out to be, but I'm curious to see if there's anywhere in the story that hints at more to her character.

People misinterpret so much about her. They just want their edgier headcanon to be true.

>Suggesting a self-improvement/healing character development, that matches 8man's (Martyrical, cynic) and Yukino's (Looks for approval, gets attached and easy to push around)
>Edgier
user, what I want is an ending where the three of them end up happy.

I was agreeing with you. She is as you described. People, the you know whos, want her to be edgy, selfish, and have a darker side.

Setsuna liked all the relationships. She wanted to hold the trio together against the odds of it all falling apart.

Yui did nothing wrong

This

True. Besides, she didn't get between anything.

She's worthless het trash. The moment she fell in love with a disgusting filthy male was the moment she was forever sinful and impure.

The series attracts asocial people with very cynical outlooks like 8man. What I've noticed is how naive and idealistic they actually are underneath (like 8man) and have high standards regarding kindness and other good things. They can't reconcile these things with the rest of human nature so they go with answers that confirm their biases.

Yui is an overall sweet person. She has selfishness, she isn't a 'nice girl' caricature, but is still sweet nonetheless.

does Yukino even have reason to love 8man?
why doesn't he just go imouto route? she is clearly best girl

Incest is forbidden, user. Too bad since she is indeed the best girl.

Yukino doesn't love him though.

stop lying on the internet