Golden Boy

Why is Golden Boy so fucking good, Sup Forums?

Because he might be dim, but it's always dark before the glorious sunrise

Cuz he fucked bitches

Because the manga never existed.

By a strange coincidence I just finished this. Loved how nobody cleaned up this fucking table in the end.

Because unlike 95% of other harem MCs, Kintaro actually puts in the work to win bitches over instead of just having them magically throw themselves at him, and respects them as people in spite of wanting to stick his dick in them.

>tfw your life will never be as fun as Kintaro's

that race with the motorcycle girl - fucking awesome

Because this and also because Toshihiro Kawamoto is a god-tier character designer.

Great Teacher Onizuka is better

The manga goes off the rails so fucking hard I can't even comprehend it, and then it ends in the middle of a flashback

The chapter in his past when he became a punk rock star was great though

Never really cared to read the manga. I really liked the OVA series but I felt like I got exactly what and how much I wanted from this series with just that.

best girl

Because you were spared the manga.

you're damn right

BENKYO BENKYO BENKYO BENKYO BENKYO

But it's shit?
Especially the second half of the manga.

God, I couldn't even read that garbage, it sits on the bottom of my shelf, slowly rotting into rightly deserved oblivion.

Why is the manga so bad? The OVA series was great, at least I thought so at the time. It really has been a while since I've seen it.

I don't have the words for it.
The vocabulary you'd need doesn't actually exist.
'Metaphysical' is the closest word you get, but that doesn't really describe it either.

I thought it was a really good anime. Them i read the manga and i found it to be quite shitty.

3>4>5>6>1>2

It's interesting that right where the anime ends in the manga, is where it gets shitty. It feels like someone else was writing it. While the first half is a mix of comedy, with some fan service. The second just goes full retard and feels completely unrealistic and dumb. I've never finished the manga.

Anime is GOAT. Funny as hell, great fanservice, great characters, likable and relatable lead. Also has the best dub ever, and is an ultra rare instance that the dub completely eclipses the original. Also it's a short watch, making it an easy recommend.

Sub or dub?

Always subs

Second volume is one long arc about a sex cult and isn't so bad

After that shit goes fucking ape. He spends two volumes pretending to be a high school girl and having a lesbian relationship with another girl who doesn't know he's a grown-ass man and he's fucking some of the teachers as a dude on the side, then this character show up who makes everyone drink her piss and brainwashes them and makes them eat laxatives and locks the bathroom doors but the sex cult lady from before shows up and tries to counter brainwash everyone with VR sex and he keeps getting pulled back and forth between them then the manga starts a massively long flashback about his first love and they fuck in the forest and then he gets NTR'd so he gets a side bitch but he wasn't really NTR'd so he gets back together with the first girl but then he decides to bang his side bitch but his first girl walks in on them but then just has them keep fucking while she watches and then the manga got cancelled.

I'm not making any of this shit up, this is really what happens.

The worst part of it is that he goes from "Genius pervert with a heart of gold" to "Genius pervert" pretty much as soon as the schoolgirl arc starts.

5>2>4>1>3>6

Dub. Can't miss Kintaro's dub voice.

Sub, but Golden Boy is a show I hear a lot of people say to dub is good for

Sounds like a terrible clusterfuck in the worst way possible. Doesn't even wrap up the school girl vs sex cult arc?

Nope. The flashback happens in the middle of it so neither storyline ever finishes.

sub, the dub is unfunny and highly overrated by nostalgiafags.

Thats just bad management really, sounds like the author wanted to write a different story and it didnt fit with the mood of he already set up.

So it's not worth reading?

STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY

Also one of the few good "early" dubs.

Because it was produced during the golden age of anime.

Even if the exact same concept was produced today, it'd be shit.

because it's only six episodes long