So why did people think she would be the one to get together with the MC?

So why did people think she would be the one to get together with the MC?

Because if you believe enough you can force the author to make it happen because his waifu is shit.

Because they're better together and it's the author's fault the majority think so. But it comes down to what he wills in the end.

She rocks at twister

Who is she?

Except Nastuki Subaru is an autistic moron who doesn't deserve her or any other girl. Only in anime fantasy land do autistic crybaby thundercunts like Subaru get the kind of unconditional love Rem gives him.

Who cares, all the girls in this show are gutter shit.

Enough with your twisted sense of humor.

don't go and get it twisted now it's just a joke

>Threw a grand party on her birthday
>Convinced the village kids to interact with her more
>Spoils the shit out of her daily
>Perfect target for pulling pranks on and teasing
>Solved and is still solving all her psychological and emotional problems with genuine effort
>Is literally going through hell and back for her sake
>Actually took a year off doing intense training for her sake
>Made her a wheelchair out of his own money out of his own design, one-of-a-kind
>Has fought Witches for her sake
>Visits her every night because he wants to

There is probably more that I'm missing but I'm pretty sure they deserve each other.

Didn't Subaru confess and was about to kill the blue haired oni?

Didn't Subaru also break away from Satella because of her?

Even Subaru would agree with you, but he is loved nonetheless. In this situation, do you wallow in self-pity or embrace that love and strive to be less of a piece of shit for your own sake and that of others?

That's what anime fantasy land does, create a new context.

Honestly I would try killing myself until the magic stopped working if I were even twice the man subaru was

user not kill, kiss.

>Didn't Subaru also break away from Satella because of her?

Yes he was, twice actually.

>In front, directly ahead of Subaru’s mind, someone stood.
>The shadow grew vertically. Before he knew it, a human silhouette stood before Subaru.
>He couldn’t see its face. The shape was indistinct. But he vaguely thought that it had the shape of a woman.
>The shadow wavered and slowly reached out a hand.
>For some reason, when her fingers gently grazed his mind, Subaru wanted to weep. The wave of strange emotion washing over him suggested that he had always been waiting for her to do so.
>He had an instinctive desire for the wriggling shadow to embrace him, to swallow him whole—and then it stopped. Something had stopped it.
>Subaru’s mind realized that there was another shadow, its white fingers embracing him from behind.
>Her touch felt soft, and not just warm but hot.
>The instant Subaru felt that heat, the shadow before him rapidly faded away.
>He faced his front. His heart trembled. He shouted ferociously. But the world of nothingness had no sound.
>He was left behind as the shadow became distant, fading, fading away.
>Finally, the shadow serenely stretched her fingers out toward Subaru, who was nearly in tears.
>“—ve you.”
>Even the words he could not hear faded, and the world fell apart.
----
>It was like that hand had rescued Subaru from a bad dream, as if he were a little kid. No doubt someone had held Rem’s hand on some night when she seemed about to cry. Subaru couldn’t help but be happy, even giddy, that she had done the same for him.
>With no reason to let go, their hands remained together. Subaru kept soaking up the warmth as he inclined his head.

and

>Envy: “IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou— Subaru-kun.”
>Subaru: “—Don't, call me that!!”
>Subaru responds to the saccharine call with his fury provoked.
>That doting voice, behaviour, address, all of it infuriated Subaru.
>Subaru: “Who the hell permitted you to call me that. Don't fuck around. Don't you fuck around. Don't you fucking, fuck around!!”
>The closeness of being at his side.
>The affection in their calls to him.
>The sweetness of standing within distance to touch.
>The act of using that address for their interactions.
>Subaru permitted these of only one person in the world.
>—And that was assuredly not the witch standing here.
>Subaru: “Don't even fucking joke you grubby fucking witch. There's only one person that belongs to. I'm not handing it over to anyone else. Or, nope! Like I'm going to permit fucking anything to you. Do you think I'm going to waste even one strand of hair, one single cell, the grime under my fingernails in giving them to you—!?”

It's a long story

Maybe cause that dumb half elf bitch was absent for half of the damn episodes

Now, now no need to get aggressive.

Satella apologists please leave and do not return

Fuck off mate I'm just trying not to start anything.

Don't fuck with a man's waifu.

messing with a mans waifu is like messing with his laifu.

because she had actual character development, instead of "muh perfect half elf"

Well, at least they kept this and the Carmilla scene in the LN. Most of the other Rem related scenes were cut down significantly, to the point where LN Subaru doesn't come across as loving her quite so much as in the WN.

Subaru still loves her regardless. But it would be shocking for the people who are coming from the anime into the LNs to see a Subaru that's portrayed in the WN and somewhat villainous while also having the Oni basically his soulmate all of a sudden after the fiasco that was season 1.

Well if it came off too heavy handed people would wonder how he had such a change of heart. Remember how the anime ended after all. Anime Subaru still thinks he's in love with Emilia.

Maybe so, but those were all pretty good scenes in the original. They helped show what he was saying weren't just words, and actually had him say words. They made it feel like her inclusion wasn't just an afterthought and gave her more of a consistent presence, even if she was comatose.

Also, they were all pretty good scenes. I'm also disappointed that Ram's ultimatum to Garfiel disappeared as well. That's one of the things people talk about, and one which gives clear insight into both characters.

I guess I'll change my mind if I hear of a scene change that was actually good. Arc 5 doesn't have much room to include Rem at all.
LN Subaru's relationship with Emilia also comes across differently, for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, they had to cut some things, but I believe what they did leave in will still make things unreasonably favorable for Rem. Let's be honest. We all know she's going to win.Maybe I'll read arc 4 LN when it gets translated.

He's a pretty cool guy as long as it isn't related to Emilia, and that might have something to do with the witch, so I can't exactly blame him for splurging out at times.

Cutting some things is fine, but many of the changes don't make things shorter. They just tone down Rem's presence. I'm not really seeing the "unreasonably favorable" towards Rem anymore.

Now let's be serious. Blue oni is overhyped. She literally did nuthing. She has no good points, moreover she is a weirdo. You know, in the bad meaning.
I'm not even speaking about an incapable elg.

>Not wanting two weirdos be together

>did nothing
You forgot to add the word "wrong" at the end of that

Except making shit in the practically every unlucky try.

Delusional twitterfags first waifubait

>LN Subaru's relationship with Emilia also comes across differently
May I ask what the difference is?

>waifubait
But don't women love her just as much?

Well, there's definitely less memeflirting, and he credits her encouragement after Rem went comatose as part of the reason he can still go on. I also don't think she bothers him about if he really loves her as much as he does Rem, because that topic never properly comes up.

Of course this seems to be involved in how Subaru's feelings for Emilia have grown larger than ever, matching how Rem's presence in his heart has expanded. Which would have the comparative implication that WN Subaru actually does love Rem more.

>Perfect target for pulling pranks on and teasing

She's gonna get punished for that someday

Yes, he's butthurt.

>first time through a cycle
>he's always a completely retarded douche
>several times through the cycle later, after he, and everyone he cares about has been brutally murdered
>finally gets his shit together, and is finally a decent human being
>next cycle
>retarded douche again

I almost couldn't finish the anime because of this shit. He never fucking learned that hey, maybe he should be a decent fucking human being. Shit actually works out then.

He's commonly retarded but I don't know what you're projecting that makes you think he's a douche. Even arc 3 is more him being retarded than any actual malice.

I bet Rem will be woken up with a kiss.

The anime is shit and did Subaru poorly. Move on.

Plus Subaru is inherently villainous, hence why he is compared to Roswaal a number of times in the series. Except not a dick.

Problem being is that Subaru isn't retarded, the anime just make him out to be like that. He's a victim to his own vices sure, but retarded? No.

Because it makes sense unlike the romance with the half elf. She got the mc to love her despite not being the first girl and without witchery.

>makes you think he's a douche

He has no skills at all, but he thinks he's the greatest person in the world. It takes him, and everyone he knows, getting repeatedly brutally murdered to break him of that shit, and then when he finally makes it past the current event he's working on, he's suddenly sniffing his own farts again.

It's not until the later arcs in the anime where his deaths were actually genuinely unseen fuckups, or him getting outplayed, and not due to his own ego/retardation.

did you just quote him from ep 18? he himself said that stuff. he's aware that he's pretty shit but he tries to be better cause there's at least one person who believes that he can be better.

Having an ego isn't inherently douchey. Trying to rub your supposed superiority in other people's faces is douchey. Overestimating yourself is just kind of unfortunate.

And he's not even overestimating himself as much as making faulty assumptions about having an assigned narrative role which really isn't that unreasonable given how he's suddenly conjured to a place with all these fictional cliches and given some bullshit op magic power.

Of course they would try to make Emilia a more legit competitor for SubaruBowl. Well it's kinda expected actually but even then, I still feel sad because the chances of Subaru ending up with Rem are smaller now. Oh well. Congrats to Emiliafags anyway since their ship is stronger now and no longer as lopsided as it used to be.

No he doesn't. He hates himself. Have you even read the WN?

Not to mention his bullshit op power literally makes the state of the world revolve around what happens to him personally. Of course he's going to assume he's the main character.

Of course but it isn't up until then does he actually stop putting all the weight on himself and actually gets brought down to earth and actively works to be a better human being does this happen.

Not him but while he hates himself he still has a hero complex and believe he is a special snowflake until that all came crashing down with the Al reveal and etc.

What are you talking about? It's incredibly lopsided in Rem's favor in the LN. The kept in the Camilla scene and teh Satella sperg scene. Really that's all that matters cause honestly carrying Rem around doesn't matter all that much.

She's permanently in a wheelchair now?

she's in a magical coma

Carrying Rem's coma body around during World Crumbling was fun though. I dunno, I think the tone of utter hopelessness and Subaru basically losing it is a fun experience that everyone should have the right to enjoy.

Well I'm just having that impression from what this user () said.

>Of course this seems to be involved in how Subaru's feelings for Emilia have grown larger than ever, matching how Rem's presence in his heart has expanded

I would be very happy if it turns out that Subaru still loves Rem in LN as much as he does in the WN.

>[Ram: That’s not really it. It’s just that…]
>Ram cuts off her sentence, and gives a meaningful look at Subaru’s hand. As of right now, Subaru was pushing Rem’s wheelchair. Subaru guessed the meaning of that look, and he let out a deep sigh.
>[Subaru: If you want to change places, then just say so…….]
>[Ram: If you think about why I’m coming and my purpose, then letting me handle her is a given. ……As for guessing what I wanted without me putting it into words, I guess I can see you in a better light. Just a little.]
>When Subaru reluctantly gave up his position, Ram took his place and pushed the wheelchair. She showed care for her sleeping sister sitting on the wheelchair as it slowly headed to the dragon carriage and went forward.
>Subaru opened and closed his hand for no reason as he saw them off. Then, a small hand gently grabbed his hand from the side.
>[Subaru: Oh, it’s Beako.]
>[Beatrice: You don’t have to make a pathetic look like that. It’s not like your feelings for that girl are weaker than the feelings her sister has, so you don’t have to worry, I suppose. Just be yourself, and do what you can do, I suppose.]
>[Subaru: That’s not quite…….or well, that’s how it is?]

Just temporarily, hopefully.

think about it from another perspective. when she wakes up she'll get the spotlight again so now is the only time Emilia can get something done.

Is World Ending still included or no? Do we still get to see Subaru using his body to block attacks from Elsa to save Petra only to fail?

wait for the doc with all the LN changes

>Took away his girlfriend
>Now he's trying to take away his adoptive daughterus as well

Tappei has no limits

Didn't that already happen in volume 11, and Petra was just cleanly eaten by a Witch Beast when he wasn't looking, rather than Subaru dragging around her corpse?

Are you telling me we don't see Subaru go full "I will protect these kids" on Elsa?

>Satella sperg scene
Which Satella scene are you talking about here? Is it this one () or pic related one?

The pone you replied to.

Also pic related is not a Satella scene

It's the first one. Satella only shows up at the very end for where the next scene would start.
Well, the mansion scenes certainly don't go down the same way. Maybe I'm biased in favor of the WN version of the scenes because I read them first, but I still think they were better.

>Brings the best out of each other
>Has proven time and time again that they're each other's emotional support
>Subaru convinced the entire mansion to give Rem a day off
>Subaru actually being the most humble and the most "Subaru" around Rem

Well, Rem is still the one person Subaru feels understands him completely.

Doesn't Petra also understand Subaru pretty well?

LN12 update:
Reading is going slowly because RL stuff. So it will probably be a few more days, don't hold your breath etc.

In the meantime I'll dump a short translation of some new weird shit regarding the WoE that is way too difficult to summarize. This scene is followed up by at least one other scene later in the volume, so it's probably important and not just random bullshit. So here you go.

Also Petra asks Subaru to go on a date with her later because she's butthurt about getting kicked out of the mansion (and as compensation for her handkerchief coming in handy for something she doesn't know about). And Subaru agrees (probably in part to get her out of the mansion but still). KEK what a madman.

"omg re zero is a harem confirmed!! xd"

Yes, but no to the point where she can whip Subaru like Rem does.

Better a father/daughter date than an actual date is all I'll say.

this white knight shit made this show almost completely unwatchable for me

Petra, even though you imitate Rem and can't be as good as her take solace in the fact that your better than Emilia

Also disclaimer that I'm not a super good translator or anything.

This is when Subaru is being 'swallowed' by the WoE (in chapter 51)

>Filled with dread. Trembling with pleasure. Scared of fear. Tearing up with delight. Acclimated to vomiting blood. Screamed with joy. Emotions are, in chunks, jumping all around, losing their legitimacy, to the contrary-----.
>“-----“
>As his body dissolves in the shadow, it is seen that the boundary of Natsuki Subaru becomes obscure. Why is this understood? Is it Natsuki Subaru who understands, or the understanding of something different?
>“------“
>Inside the shadow, he feels the presence of something different whispering love. ----No, not felt. It is not coming from something different. It’s Subaru. It’s from Natsuki Subaru. As the remains were mixing and melting into one lump, there is no boundary with the others in there. Everything that was swallowed becomes Natsuki Subaru.
>There is warmth, there is sorrow, there is hatred, there is affection, there is dejection, there is ecstasy, there is disappointment, there is relief, there is grief, and there was satisfaction.
>Yes, there was satisfaction. Much despair, much grief, but amongst them, there was satisfaction.
>That satisfaction was also one part of Natsuki Subaru. If it can fill the entirety of Natsuki Subaru, then also-----.

(cont.)

Probably? I'm talking about Subaru's opinion here. It's one of the linesof his internal monologue during the Carmilla scene.

>”---?”
>He stretches his hand out to the satisfaction---no, he has no hands. There is no body anywhere---no, that is not the case. The body was swallowed by the shadow, it still exists there. What melted was Natsuki Subaru’s mind, his consciousness, his soul(spirit?). Gather them up. Gather them up, and understand the reason for gathering them up.
>There was heat. Natsuki Subaru feels the sense of heat returning to him. It is in a completely different place to the initial feeling of satisfaction, on the arm he tried to stretch, on his right arm, on his wrist. That is---

(and then the magic handkerchief snaps him back to reality)

This actually has a followup scene later on but I haven't translated that one yet.

Make of it what you will I guess.

Call it what you want but having people from both sides of the relationship being proactive with each other is enjoyable as fuck.

Rem gave Subaru love so in turn Subaru has giver her the same.

I don't know what to make of this

What the fuck?

>Rem gives Subaru unconditional love
>Subaru is a faggot who doesn't deserve Rem
>Subaru is shown to have given Rem before and after arc 3 the same unconditional love
>Look at this whiteknight shit

Everytime.

Is Satella moulding Subaru into something? Because it sounds that way.

Maybe this is what body-snatching feels like?

Part of it is clearly foreshadowing to him liking Satella i think, but otherwise i have no clue what to make of what's going on.

Is it trying to say that the idea of being mixed into the shadows, into what i assume is the authority, bring Subaru pure satisfaction? Or maybe, the darkness itself or the area he was being swallowed to, was "himself"?

Is the catgirl (male) gay or what?

Well if we are going into that. Subaru has shown to give Rem some shit for her mistakes as well.

>“How is it, the feeling of swimming in mayonnaise? Rem did her best to satisfy Subaru-kun’s request. ----Rem doesn’t mind being praised?”
>Praise me, praise me, her smiling face seems to say.
>Standing up, Subaru uses the towel to wipe off the rest of his mayonnaise-laden body. And, returning Rem’s innocent smiling face with his own smile,
>“ARE YOU AN IDIOT!?”
>In the early hours of the morning, Subaru’s yells boom throughout the bathhouse.
>Seeing his soulmate, mayonnaise, wasted so callously, Subaru feels a rage like no other. >Eventually, an oversleeping Ram awakens as well. At her elder sister’s hands, an apologetically kneeling Rem suffers a lecture of unspeakable length, unspeakable severity, and unspeakable violence.

--

>“Probably, when Rem tried to give Subaru-kun some Fannel fruit-laced tea, she made a mistake and gave it to Emilia-sama instead…. Ah, Subaru-kun, don’t rub my head so hard, it hurts, it hurts!”
>“Bad kids need to be punished! Wait, so that’s what you were asking about!”
>Subaru finally realized the reason she asked him “if his body felt hot.”

Not entirely a white knight, they just like spoiling the shit out of each other and such though neither of them are really labels as "damsel in distress" by the other. Subaru has Emilia for that.

He's surprisingly not gay. He wears the femine clothing because he was told he looked good on it, by Crusch, who was one of the people he respected because his past is fucked, so i guess the validation she gave him for it, made him consider wearing it.

There is also some other deal where Crusch wears manly clothing, so he wears feminine clothing by contrast, or to give her incentive on it or something. But it's not confirmed since we don't have translations for that short story.

The Petra's date thing does sound like harem pandering, but I would hold my judgement until I actually read the translation.

Emilia the hag wouldn't let her.

its just written like some 15 year old's idea of what a perfect relationship is like, full of autistic chivalry

Sup Forums isn't one person

>Petra loves Subaru due to being saved and a bunch of things.
>It's pandering

Why are people so retarded in here about stuff like this, unless it's about Rem?

I'm a Remfag myself, but there's no reason to be this jumpy.

But it does give off some harem vibes, doesn't it?

Its one person trying to push the harem meme still. Don't mind him, everyone knows why Petra is the way she is because of Ley.

Well to each of their own. I personally enjoy Rem and Subaru's relationship.

Not really. She's a kid, and it's understadable why she likes Subaru, especially considering she forgot about Rem. Altough i think people give the whole gluttony deal too much credit, and i think Petra was liking Subaru already. The time he picked up the bombs with Patrasch and ran off and once again saved her village cemented him further as the dude she liked.

I think Ley eating Rem helped a tiny bit only honestly.

Their relationship is far from perfect. Its just they match each other so well that their said relationship makes it so.

They shittalk each other, call each other simple or idiots and such as well as always trying to impose change upon each other, with neither side completely backing down from each of their positions. Yet that dynamic works well because Subaru is Subaru and Rem is Rem. What is healthy for them isn't necessarily healthy for everyone.

>she's a kid
>understands love just as well as any adult out there
>actually asks Subaru on a date
Petra having romantic feelings for Subaru but getting ignored by him is pretty cliched if we go by harem tropes. That's why I think the whole thing is giving me some impressions I'd expect from a harem series.

Autistic chivalry is one of Subaru's thing. I'm pretty sure his behavior is deliberately written as a guy who gets a lot of inspiration from his favorite anime and game heroes.

Fortunately, no one knows quite how corny his lines are, since they're from another world. Equally fortunately, it meshes well with Rem's own personality problems.

I dunno about that, I mean Petra did not behave like this before and has only recently started liking Subaru after Rem got eaten. If you read the chapters of arc 2 Petra only sees Subaru as a big bro rather than someone she likes like the rest of the village kids.

But having her connected to how Arlam village behaves kind of makes it clear the the erasing had a large part in this. As we don't see the blind loyalty by the villagers and wanting to throw riots just because Subaru got hurt.

Then there is the time for some reason Petra was willing to risk her life defending Rem's room despite not knowing her.

he's written to embody the typical japanese cliche that being a complete fucking doormat and needless self-sacrifice makes you a good person