Wow that was good

wow that was good

why does nobody talk about it

Because it was discussed to death when it came out
10 year anniversary of the first episode in a couple of days time

Watching it right now, episode 4. I can feel some emotional shit is gonna hit me latercant wait

>ttgl came out 10 years ago soon
Ok we need to slow down

ironic shitposting is still shitposting user

fuck off and kill yourself

>10 year anniversary
getting old sucks

I would feel strange too after how botched episode 4 was.

Because it's old as dirt.

Gurren Lagann was only five years ago, user.

>ttgl came out 20 years ago

>He wasn't here when TTLG was discussed daily
>He wasn't here when Rossiou shitposting took the whole board
>He wasn't here when all the boards merged into one during the final episode creating Sup Forums instrumentality

i think this is without a doubt one of the best shows ever created

show went to shit after best character dies

and im not talking about THAT one

>TTLG

When does it get good? Just watched ep3 and its pretty boring so far.

I couldn't skip the OP for any episode. That music is just so uplifting for some reason.

People have been talking about it non-stop for a full fucking decade, the fuck are you on about?

On that note, does the movie provide a better ending than the TV series?

HASHIRIDASHITAAAAA OMOI GA IMA DEMOOOOO

Kinda.
Final fight gets even bigger but overall was handled better in the TV series. Epilogue is more informative and ending song kicks ass.

Sad how the movie and the TV series both did things better than their counterpart. I wish an user did a perfect version like it was done for Madoka.

>tfw this was one of the first anime i've watched
>tfw when no other series has come close in terms of enjoyment and hype
Y'all ever play Asura's Wrath?

>He wasn't here when all the boards merged into one during the final episode creating Sup Forums instrumentality
no shit?
all the boards became Sup Forums during final episode? i cant imagine the mess that was

Kamina dies
Nia dies
Rossiu betrays Simon

Cause it came out 10 years ago and was discussed to death. I miss 2007.

Because there is nothing to discuss about it, it's virtually perfect and the closest you will ever get to a 10/10.

A bunch of things could've been trimmed down, like, you know how sometimes the dialogues are really good and meaningful despite seeming like random hot blooded shit? Yeah. But sometimes they're just random hot blooded shit and meme catchlines.

Fights could've been more choregraphied too.

Still a 9/10 in my books.

TTGL was just one of the reasons 2007 was huge.
Here's hoping the stars align and 2017 can bring the magic back.

April already and I'm not feeling it and I'm generally optimistic and easily pleased. Another boring year like 2016. Atleast there's Code Geass and FLCL

The tv version of the finale was superior

>Kemono friends
>where were you 5 minutes ago?

The ending scene where mechs pop out of mechs was genius and pottery, having the Gurren Lagann dismantle itself at the end.

Too bad they didn't have the scene with Granzeboma wrecking TTGL's shit like in the movie. It was there, but the speech was different

>Kemono friends
Looks like meme anime on par with Umaru and Kobayashi.

I actively avoided this until 2009 because of all the shitposting when it came out.

Huge regret.

Kek, the curse of the hipster

I'm kinda the same way with Jojo right now so I understand the feeling.

Dunno when I'll cave and watch it. probly when my bf forces me to

It never recovered.

It didn't recover, it got better. Simon is a better character than Kamina.

Wrong.

TTGL vs. Lucky Star was a fun time, meanwhile stuff like Claymore is just clunking along without much notice.

Anyone who says this never watched the episodes after his death.

Simon has more to his character than Kamina. He was taught from Kamina, Nia, the Antispiral and ultimately himself. This growth makes him cooler than Kamina.

Kamina is the spirit of the Gurren brigade, Simon is both the spirit and the body.

It also got a lot of people interested in Gunbuster/Diebuster, and other super robot shows.

user

It's total garbage, and everyone talks about it all the time.

Lucky Star was absolute garbage, quite possibly the worst SoL of all time. It's easily the most overrated.

So which is better the TV or the Movies?

Because you made this thread knowing full well it was talked to death and hyped to high heavens you shit posting asshole.

Not to mention Steins;Gate 0.