Post victories due to divine intervention

>Battle Of Cerami
>The Muslim forces then counterattacked in force however the Norman infantry held fast.
>It was at this point that St. George is said to have appeared amongst the Norman ranks, clad in shining white armour atop a white stallion and bearing the flag of St. George upon his lance (it has sometimes been portrayed as Roger who bore the flag of St. George).
>His speech inspired the Norman knights to charge the Muslim ranks again and, as they did, Serlo led a charge down from Cerami into the left flank of the Muslim force, cutting a bloody path towards his Norman compatriots

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Empel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hodów
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_the_Dutch_fleet_at_Den_Helder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying 3000 Sarranid Mamlukes wouldn't rekt 130 Swadian Knights

I mean we are talking of around 500 christians vs 50 000 muslims
>500:50 000
>1:100
>mfw

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Empel

The situation for the Spanish looked desperate. A Spanish soldier who was digging a trench around the church commented "this is more likely to be my grave than a trench". As he dug, he found a painting representing Mary of the Immaculate Conception. Bobadilla interpreted the discovery as a sign from God, and had the painting put on the Spanish flag for worship.

That night, an unusual and completely intensely cold wind that chilled the waters of the River Meuse broke. The Dutch ships had to be withdrawn to prevent them being stuck in the ice. This made it possible for the remaining Spanish troops to attack Hohenlohe-Neuenstein forces in the morning of the 8th of December and have a glorious win over the Dutch troops. Admiral Hohenlohe-Neuenstein went on to say: "It seems that God is Spanish to work such a miracle for them".

would this count?

Nice one indeed

I don't see much information on the wikipedia
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hodów
But it's a very nice victory nonetheless. It's a very similar scenario of 300

Weirdest naval battle ever.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_the_Dutch_fleet_at_Den_Helder

Don't have a story to fit the "divine intervention" theme, but allow me to bump this gud thread with some silly Czech antics

bump for great thread

Itt crusading larpers

Battle of Diu

>EL ATROCIDAD

>Battle of 2008
>It seemed like an impossible battle, but the good guys won and America got its first black president with two terms, back to back

This is just polish hussars doing hussar things. Poland stronk

Battle of Rio Salado

>"For the next 6 hours Polish troops resisted relentless Tatar attacks. Even after the Polish ran out of bullets, they continued to fire at the enemy, using Tatar arrows as improvised ammunition for their guns."

Indeed.

Not a victory at all, but Ögedei Khan's death was pretty fortunate.

Battle of Aceh

Nice one Ronaldo

Not divine intervention, but the single most badass victory in the history of man kind.

The problem with old ass battles is that we often have the victor estimates only and of course they wont say
>They were only 70 but we crushed them hard!!!

Prisonners were not killed by firing squad but bayonets to save up ammo, because the fleet was destroyed by the brits.

This one is my favorite

Can I get more on this what happened?

All of these are christian victories!

Ofc, but Middle Age and Renaissance battles are often far more accurate than antiquity battle.

Fuck.
Rude.

Kek i didnt know that we had some k/d victories over germans during WW2.

God loves Greeks

>be germans
>attack this fortress
>Russ bros not want to give up
>fuckitgastheruss.png
>Russ have no gas masks
>Start coughing up blood with pieces of lungs
>germans approaching
>Russ now don't give a shit any more
>LEEEEROOOOY.mp3
>Germans see literal zompies with blood cloth around their faces charging them
>fuckthisshitI'mout.avi
>Russians win so hard Germans never attacked that fortress again

I can't even comprehend how this shit is even possible

That carrack must of rolled constant 9's with a 5 pip fire admiral

Sarasins fighting heavily armored knights with light cavalry and lightly equipped foot troops

kek

Shitty officers that lose morale and bail out at frist obstacle.

Muslims are just shit at war

The Siege of Vienna. Not to be confused with the later battle of Vienna that had the famous polish cavalry charge. Less then 20k men held against over 200k ottomans and won.
People may argue that the Battle of Vienna in 1683 was the turning point of the war between Christianity and Islam. But that was just the final cut that sent them out of Europe. The siege that occurred 150 years prior was when the tide was truly held back for the first time.
Perhaps 10 to 1 isn't as grand as odds as other battles in this thread. But if you're talking of Divine Intervention, I can think of none other so poignant.

Saracens*

Still it doesn't make everything.
Heavy armored knights are less mobile than light cav and light armored soldiers. So it's far easier to surround troups with more mobile troups. But in a frontal shock, yeah maybe it's hard to get in against 5000 deus vult.

Did our part in stopping kebab

How the hell did you manage to resurrect Odysseus?!

>being a sarranid cuck
How does rhodok and khergit dick taste like?

The greatest kebab stopping in history
(With Vienna siege, 1683)

>mfw pol proved that god is on our side

Karl WAS the divine intervention

I laff ery time

>how
Just your typical EU3 naval battle.

The prize was heavy, but thank God for the protestant victory in Battle of Lützen.

What's his name?
SkanderBased

Was there anyone who didn't shit on Roaches at the times of uprisings XD

Also another badass win and Finns BTFOing Commies:

holy shit is there a youtube video series on the finnish resistance!

Look up the great war channel

good one indeed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
> The victory of the Holy League is of great importance in the history of Europe and of the Ottoman Empire, marking the turning-point of Ottoman military expansion into the Mediterranean, although the Ottoman wars in Europe would continue for another century. It has long been compared to the Battle of Salamis both for tactical parallels and for its crucial importance in the defense of Europe against imperial expansion.[13] It was also of great symbolic importance in a period when Europe was torn by its own wars of religion following the Protestant Reformation, strengthening the position of Philip II of Spain as the "Most Catholic King" and defender of Christendom against Muslim incursion, although this was mitigated by the defeat of the Spanish Armada by the Royal Navy of England in 1588.[14]

They should have killed the reds, now the Czechs got keked by the Bolsheviks anyway