Why is using Marijuana immoral?

because you need a substance to enjoy life or have fun, if you can't do the basics just kys

It becomes a shitty subculture that ultimately is a drag on society.

Because it leads to exesive masturbation and loss of testosterone

It's not immoral, it's just a bad habit

what does it feel like?

I'm asking for a friend

Immoral I don't know, but it is a damn waste of time.

Might be okay if you're a hedonist I guess.

Do you think that it's a worse subculture than drinking alcohol or is it a similar idea.

behavioral addiction and dependency takes over the lives of those who use it.

It's okay once in awhile

Warm, fuzzy, heightened senses, you have a tendency to laugh a lot and feel happy.

It's got to stop.

imagine having a nice feeling of paranoia all the time
you're half way there

It's the exact same, but less detrimental to your health

Because it turns you into a fucking idiot

do you have a house? or a car?

You need material possessions to enjoy life or have fun?

you should live outside in the dirt. kys.

You become dumb as shit for a while. You do nonsensical stuff and you laugh like a retard. It is very habit forming, before you realize all your friends are stoners and you do nothing but smoke and play videogames all day. Your body feels light sometimes and heavy some other times. Might cause auditive hallucinations if you have a low enough tolerance or take a high enough dose.

Your blood sugar drops and you become dehydrated. Because of that occasionally it can cause you psychotic episodes and seizures even though its acolytes insist that it's a perfectly harmless drug which is an obvious bullshit and self-delusion of theirs.

It makes you slow, dumber and its effects are longer lasting than those of other drugs like alcohol.

It is reported by many, including myself, that all the effects of it don't really go away until the next day or two days. There are some longer lasting residual effects that you can observe by knowing people before and after they began taking this drug repeatedly and frequently for long periods of time.

I hope that was helpful. I was a strong consumer of this drug for one or two years. Mainly because of friends. (The main cause of people beginning to take it is social pressure and the "come on, it's harmless" argument)

Like almost any drug. No hangovers with marijuana though.

a house and car being compared to drug use, nice try nigel

I took a couple of drags yesterday. Turned me into a full blown retard instantly.

Marihuana is a powerful tool for introspection. I hate how people smoke it like it's some throwaway fastfood.

it's fucking awesome by all means of the word, you could do it for 5 years and just coast off a bunch of your life on smoking and sitting and not much else. I seriously love the stuff but refuse to smoke it because I need to start getting my life on track. It will fuck your life up. Having one last dance with her for new years though, then I'm out. No drinking either.

Depends what strain.

Some make me happy and iggly, some make me motivated, some make me energised, some make me relaxed and tired.

burning it destroys a lot of the cannabinoids and terpenes that work in synergy with thc to provide different experiences, gently heating it and making a light vapour is much more efficient and effective.

Pretty much this

I'm pointing out your double standards.

>it's not okay to use a substance to heighten your enjoyment out of life.

>but it is okay to use material possessions to make your life more enjoyable.

both are external things that we use to make life more enjoyable.

Weed makes you mean
I'm high right now and I recommend you kill yourself

because everything in the bible is immoral

yeah fuck that house i dont need it to survive, all i need is that green

Except that you don't really mean it. Weed makes you the best lover in the world.

These conservative faggots, and that's what they are, hate pot because it makes you a lazy fat slob. Oh wait I was talking about alcohol which they have no problem with. Fat inbred redneck alcoholics

A house isn't a necessity for survival, it's a luxury. you could live in a tent, but you choose a house.

Weed isn't a necessity for survival, it's a luxury. You could not smoke weed but some people choose to.

>Having one last dance with her
>t. addict

fuck that tent, all i need is that green bro; come live in a tent in -35 weather see what happens

Humans have managed it in the past otherwise we wouldn't be here now. therefore it is possible, whether you personally know how to survive in cold conditions is irrelevant.

Im beginning to notice a trend with anti recreactional drugs people
you all act like moderation does not exist
I sense some projection here, just cause you can't handle it doesn't mean you get to stop me

Or it's people that don't know how to obtain said drugs or are too scared to try them so they try to tell everyone else not to. they are bitter.

Although I have never used marijuana I am not against the use of recreational drugs within moderation.

it usually involves giving money to blacks and beaners at some point in the supply chain

because uncle sam said so, and that means god doesnt want you to do it. now repent and get back to church before you turn into a heathen!

Because your life wasn't given to you, no strings attached. Your ancestors and God require that you be productive.

So killing yourself is immoral. Thus wasting years of your life is immoral as a matter of degrees.

True but it can also make you pretty useless, it all depends on the person

your eyes feel funny and everything seems ok

>I know what God and your ancestors want you to do better than you do
Top lel my friend. Did you know any of my ancestors?

It doesn't make you useless as it doesn't really interrupts your cognitive abbilities, you just have to have those abbilities first.

Because it degrades the functionalities of the neural system. People who consume want to shut down their neural systems to stop perceiving the world as it is, because they want to escape reality.

Its for the lazy and degenerate.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's immoral, but I'd say that lots of people who do it are immature and use substances to run away from their problems. Inb4 muh alcohol, I don't drink either, I think that anything besides hard drugs are fine with discipline and moderation, but lots of drug users including people who drink lack both. If you smoke or drink occasionally that's fine, go for it, but if you need substances to enjoy life then you're at a dead end and life won't get any better for you. Also fuck stoners and stoner culture, they make me wish weed would be punishable by life in prison.

I smoked daily for about a year. I didn't give me any really fond memories, besides remembering how relaxed I felt listening to music with all the windows open during summer. The first time I smoked was really good as well, because I started when I was 18 and waited for the right moment to do it. In my opinion it's the best if you just smoke when the weather is good and you're out and about doing shit with people. A day at the beach high with good company can be really nice. But when fall started a few months ago I found myself smoking alone whilst at home out of boredom. I noticed myself feeling more depressed so I pretty much quit barring special events I suppose.

But I agree that it is not as harmless as people make it out to be, especially here where weed is so easy to get. Imagine an 18 year-old who just moved out for university. Never really smoked but got into it after he and new friends from uni smoked together a couple of times. In other countries there's still the hassle with dealers and shady shit. Here, there's a coffeeshop literally five minutes away that's open from 9 am to 1 am. There is nothing stopping the kid from buying multiple grams a week as long as he's got some money.

managed... with shelter

best of luck bro. its going to suck for a while, but you get more shit done. its what happened to me in 2013. you will feel better in the summer without it.

Weed is a relatively harmless escape from every day life, it makes you feel okay being bored. it makes you feel like everything is going to be alright anyways. Use it, but be careful. Escapism is fine, but not when it's your whole life.

Chronic use does limit cognitive ability (no pun intended).
It limits the scope of your knowledge by causing memory loss.
Also THC gets stored in fat cells, which is most of the mass of a person's brain.

Because they could have been sliding a greasy burger down their throat instead.

Personally it makes me feel like a beta (pretty much the opposite of liquid courage) and too much in-my-head, more so than normal. And I hate that because even though it speeds up my mind it also reduces my short term memory so I forget things mid-thought.
The only good part about it is that sometimes those effects make you better able to appreciate the social relationships and subtle status interactions in a room.
It may also be helpful for thinking about abstract problems but make sure to record everything cause as I said you forget everything fast.

>comparing drugs to a car that gets you from point a to b

People are afraid of the unknown and from experiencing life from any perspective that would send chills up a nun's spine.
Ive never associated with those kinds of people. Ive seen people on youtube who are obnoxious and I would definately avoid those people.
Each strain is different but similar and varying potencies of various effects but to generalize it:
indica feels like a psychological and internal bodily feeling of putting on a fresh warm blanket on your skin
sativa is kind of like turning the lights off inside your mind so your senses are diminished but also finely tuned while at the same time you see random fireworks explosions of thoughts and non-linear thinking that last only an instant before the memories of each explosion fade back into nothingness before new fireworks explode and steal your attention away again.
then this continues until you reach a point at higher doses where it becomes too much to bear physically and all this information becomes no longer isolated voices but more like a ocean of white noise that's overstimulating to you and you have to lay down and close your eyes and ride the wave instead of fighting it and usually you sit in it for awhile and have very personal thoughts depending on your emotional state or your mind goes to random places and you dont steer it too much other than abstract concepts.Sometimes people pass out at this point and fall asleep.

As long as you reassure yourself you're okay and really believe in it and focus on this path, you'll be able to shield yourself from paranoia.
People who freak out are those who stray from the path.

Do you need a car though? Or is it a material object that you have in order to enhance your life?

Yes I do need a car, actually. No public transport in my area

you have legs. nothing is stopping you walking 500miles.

It's weird because the first time I smoked I felt quite confident. This was in Lisbon on a night out and I really felt like dancing because my feet felt really light. It also gave me the courage to chat up this Swedish girl. But I haven't felt like that high since then.

While it's not inherently immoral, like most drugs, you can get addicted to it and let i overrun your life. In excess, the drug makes you lazy, lose your memory, and just generally stupid. But, as some anons have pointed out already, it is fine in moderation.
t. Former addict

Yes, actually there is. I work a job that requires you to have a certain amount of rest before work. It's a federal law, actually. And sometimes between work days I only get like 10 hours off. 2 hours on each end (which gives me my 8 hours required sleep) is not enough time to walk to and from work with all the luggage I require

I have this theory that it intensifies the natural tendencies of the person who consumes it.
I'm naturally introverted, maybe if you are extroverted you just become more so.

drinking alcohol is much worse in my opinion as people who do this destroy their body heavily, create loud oafish embarassing and childish disruptions, create occurences of violence and disrupt the social fabric of society, psychologically damage their children, create addiction financial problems, cause a large percentage of motor vehicular death, create countless issues with the prison system using up cells that should be used for sex offenders and murderers, cost a huge amount of debt for the healthcare system, and fuck up my video game experiences by being on my team and being bad at video games.

>I work a job that
You could work in a place that is nearer to you and pays less if you were not such a degenerate materialist.

So? Do you need to travel with a car? Can't you walk or use a bike?

>
You become dumb as shit for a while. You do nonsensical stuff and you laugh like a retard. It is very habit forming, before you realize all your friends are stoners and you do nothing but smoke and play videogames all day. Your body feels light sometimes and heavy some other times. Might cause auditive hallucinations if you have a low enough tolerance or take a high enough dose.

Your blood sugar drops and you become dehydrated. Because of that occasionally it can cause you psychotic episodes and seizures even though its acolytes insist that it's a perfectly harmless drug which is an obvious bullshit and self-delusion of theirs.

It makes you slow, dumber and its effects are longer lasting than those of other drugs like alcohol.

It is reported by many, including myself, that all the effects of it don't really go away until the next day or two days. There are some longer lasting residual effects that you can observe by knowing people before and after they began taking this drug repeatedly and frequently for long periods of time.

I hope that was helpful. I was a strong consumer of this drug for one or two years. Mainly because of friends. (The main cause of people beginning to take it is social pressure and the "come on, it's harmless" argument)

where the fuck are you from?? kys bro

You can get a different job or move. You don't need a car to survive. It's a luxury.

I'm an airline pilot. There's only one place to work

See

If you're using any mind-altering substance with the explicit intention of altering your mind, and you require it periodically to enjoy life, you're basically a rational being explicitly aiming to be less so.

It's your own choice. As if anyone is forcing you to work that job

No housing near my job. I can't just get a different job because my degree is in one very specific field that has only one workplace

You don't need a job. you don't need a car. you don't need any of that shit to survive. that's the point. you choose these things to enhance your life.

you don't need a job for food you can hunt and gather like humans did for 300,000 years.

You don't need a car you can walk.

You don't need house you can build a shelter out of sticks.

we're not talking if you want to or not, we're talking about the difference between necessity and luxury.

everything from houses, to cars, to microwaves to supermarkets are all luxuries, they are not a requirement for basic survival.

Cannabis is also a luxury not required for basic survival. you can't say that wanting to smoke cannabis to enhance your life is bad when you are just replace that cannabis with material possessions to enhance your life. you're just switching one thing for another.

I honestly don't trust anyone who doesn't even socially drink (besides Trump), or looks down on weed like a DARE instructor. What a fucking tight ass you have to be.

My degree is forcing me to work that job. I need it for my job. Get over it.

If everyone did that, there would be a famine, so yes I do need to work to work this job

LEGALIZE IT ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hello. I have been kidnapped in Vietnam. Please someone send me back to Australia

Made me very self aware of lots of things.
Absolutely hate the feeling, especially in the body.
Any form of smoking it is flat out retarded.

And finally every single one of my friends who never stopped are all minimum wagecuck, bluepilled, lazy, fattening, no ambition, no drive for success, & stupid. It’s the ultimate Goy control drug. Long term use will lead to many of what I just stated.

Obviously this excludes alcoholics/addicts of other stuff who can't drink

If you were kidnapped, you wouldn't bother to say hello. Where in Viet nam are you

>flagfag
>being this retarded
An hero pls

hunting/fishing requires a permit, building requires permits/titles to land and that all costs money, this isn't the primitive days nigel, things have changed and so have necessities.

So? You can survive working at mcdonalds.

Saigon or ho chi chaos city. I am experiencing culture shock as we speak. SOS

And natural selection would be evermore present. famine kills people who can't survive, leaving people who find a way to survive alive. just as it's always has been. an equilibrium will be reached between the size of the population and the natural resources the land can provide. anyway I think you're missing the point.

Nice my gf is from ther3
So, then certain people would die without modes day jobs, making cars a requirement for people like me

Checkmate.

Everyone drives crazy here man

>ha ha nothing matters because life will go on

I was laughing for like 20 minutes straight

this whole discussion was about luxury vs necessity. I was trying to explain it to brainlets that fail to understand the difference.

This is actually true because I'm not extroverted at all. That one night it just took the edge off massively and eventhough I was aware of what I was saying at all times I still said stuff I normally wouldn't say to strangers. It was really good, wish I could get that feeling again.

Not completely related, but has anyone else here got any experience with kratom? It's 100% legal here and in almost all countries, people seem to not consider it a drug. It's interesting stuff. A friend gave me a dosage of four grams and I felt really energised and motivated. It wasn't a crazy experience but I simply got a lot of shit done in a short amount of time. I also noticed that I make way less typos I have to correct when I'm feeling the effects.

Modern*

alcohol is anti-/fit/

a single shit of vodka is 150~200 calories

I understand that without a car, I wouldn't be able to work my job, and subsequently wouldn't be able to pay rent, but food, pay for heat, etc., and my degree dictates my job

>a job is a luxary

>he thinks inner and outer space are inequivalent
i want positive-realists to leave

sage and kys shill

The one and only reason this plant is still illegal is (((pharmaceuticals)))

using marijuana is good for medicinal purposes, i despise people who use it to get high though

But as I was trying to point out.

Your job is a luxury.

Your car is a luxury

Buying food is a luxury.

Non of them are required for basic human survival.

Weed is a luxury that also isn't required for survival. but like houses, cars, buying food at a supermarket, it's something we use to enhance our lives and there is nothing wrong with that.

Marijuana is recreation only.

Sometimes art can be extruded from it, but honestly it doesn't offer much more than debilitation for a few hours.

It's an escape.

I threw away my stash box 4 months ago after I finally got sick of chasing the perfect high. $120 worth of weed gone and it was the best investment I've ever made.

Since then my /fit/ has got through the roof, I can finally /lit/ like never before, and I'm hardly ever Sup Forums unless I have some free time after an exercise.

I do love alcohol as a social lubricant, and a few shots in with friends and strangers has yielded some very eye-opening conversations. However! A single shot of vodka can be about ~100 calories, and not to mention the damage it could be potentially doing to your liver, so I do it in moderation.

I took mushrooms for the first time, and they didn't really have much to offer me outside of visuals, so I discarded those as well.

I took LSA with my Gnostic friend, and it was one of the best experiences I've had in my life. I didn't accomplish anything I couldn't have sober, but the state of mind it puts you in creates shortcuts between trains of thought. Absolutely based, would recommend doing it once a month to help gather your thoughts.

My spirituality is through the roof Sup Forums, I'm shedding bad habits at an incredible rate.

Weed is greed, truly.

Idk about marijuana, but most people are retards that can't control themselves using a substance as simple as sugar, I wouldn't trust them with hard drugs.