The Promised Neverland

Spoiler are out. Ew.

With Ray's shipment set for tomorrow, Mama indulges in some thought.

She appears at ease, as Don and Gilda don't seem to have been able to accomplish anything much. However, just as she's about to begin her nightly rounds, Emma's scream rings out.

She rushes to the dining hall, only to find it engulfed in flames. Emma rushes to Isabella's side, and pleads with her to help Ray. Witnessing Emma's extraordinary distress, and above all the fact that a transmitter is emitting a signal from within the blaze, gives Isabella the conviction that this is Ray's attempt at retaliation.

On her way to retrieve a fire extinguisher to rescue Ray, Isabella comes across Gilda. She leaves the evacuation of the kids to Gilda, and attempts to put out the fire with the fire extinguisher. However, the flames are fierce, and the sprinklers, broken by Ray, are no help. At this point, Isabella notices that Emma, who had been by her side, has vanished.

She checks the tracking device. Following its response, she heads to another room, and there she finds nothing but Emma's ear. And at last, Isabella now recalls that Gilda had already had her shoes on when they happened to meet earlier, and realizes that this is a breakout.

Emma meets up with everyone in the forest. Ray, too, is missing an ear, but is otherwise unharmed. He seems to have an expression that says he has no idea what in the hell is going on. Flashback to 20 minutes ago. Emma catches in mid-air the match that Ray had dropped, and relays to him a message from Norman. "You can die anywhere else. I'll show you something good, so shut up and come with us." Norman had predicted that Ray would try to kill himself. The kids arrive at Emma and Ray's location, bringing tools for escape and a change of clothes. "We'll explain later. Everything is going as Norman planned. Escape, Ray."

Other urls found in this thread:

hearinglink.org/your-hearing/how-the-ear-works/
archiveofourown.org/works/10487208/chapters/23135496
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would she cut her ear when she has Ray's device?

So mama lost time to search her in the other room.

>ray and emma lose an ear
The whole thing? Or just the lobe?

They have to lop their entire ears off? Jesus. Those aren't coming back are they. So what's left on the side of their head?

Good thing both have long enough hair to hide their ears. It's like nothing ever happened. Maybe this will lead to Emma growing her hair out.

so they are gonna use it on the kids, I guess that's smart actually

I'm wondering if it's the whole ear or just the lobe. They're going to look fucked up. I can't even imagine what it looks like. Sounds horrible.

They know where the device is, they don't have to cut anything more than that

Best boy Ray lives, yay!

What was the last page of the previous chapter about then, if that's what Emma did?

I mean on one hand I'm glad that Ray's still around because him & the Mamas are the only thing keeping me reading this shit, but the way this was handled feels sorta cheap to be honest.

sounds fake

oh wow, another TWUUUST

the author has to realize at some point that fakeouts upon fakeouts upon fakeouts atop of red herrings and fake cliffhangers are not good storytelling. in fact, they're actively bad

People that thought Ray really died are fucking retards:

>No body
>He had to distract Isabella, so no point in instakilling himself
>Chapter 32
>Main character that still has a lot to give

that only makes the whole ordeal dumb

i know 90% of this manga is based on chapter x+1 revealing that the big event from chapter x was all a lie, but come on. do something else for once. can't wait until norman reveals that he was tricking them all along, but just at that time ray will reveal that he knew and then mama will show up and introduce her ultimate keikaku but then the grandma will show up and explain her own plan that involved manipulating everyone, but just at that moment aizen will appear

Sounds too good to be true

>every week the same jap provides the spoilers
>still doubting
Hmm

Once there were spoilers about Norman and they were fake. And I believed at first ;_;
But if those spoilers are provided by the same person then okay, tho.

>Once there were spoilers about Norman and they were fake
They were a fanfic translated before the toc was out a day ahead. It was pretty obvious that those were nonsense.

I hope the author realizes too many twists (especially if they undo his previous ones) aren't too good for amusement. They need to be spaced out and used effectively.

Speed chess.

Speed scan when??

The Fuck. She catches the match? When did she find time to do that.

>and realizes that this is a breakout.
>yfw top-quality food for Tifari is trying to run away from farm.

The fire is still started, that's all we see.

Also kinda a peice with the weird "this is what's happening" ends that are then undone in the next chapter, like when "the next day norman had vanished" was the end of one chapter followed by "norman going on top of the wall and then coming back to be shipped out".

The author does cheat more than a little with some of these chapter endings.

Finally the boring part is over

YES. THE FIRE RISES

the night is dark and full of terrors but the fire burns them all away

>Also kinda a peice with the weird "this is what's happening" ends that are then undone in the next chapter, like when "the next day norman had vanished" was the end of one chapter followed by "norman going on top of the wall and then coming back to be shipped out".

This one wasn't exactly a twist, we knew that Norman would either escape and hid himself or get shipped out. The last part of the chapter is something that really happened at that point : Norman does disappear in the afternoon.

While I'm willing to believe Emma could have caught the match thanks to her great reflexes, the panneling doesn't work for a fake-out. They should have cut as the match falls to the part with Mama realizing what's happening and checking Ray's position, then shown the state of the room.

Norman is truly best boy. I want to see him again.

>I can't even imagine what it looks like.

Not as bad as I expected. It looks as if there was never an ear to begin with. I thought there would just be a hole left. Does that mean they can't hear from there anymore?

I'd like this, I've been wondering what she'd look like with long hair.

>Does that mean they can't hear from there anymore?

No. You think?

This really makes me doubt the intelligence of some of the posters in these threads. Let me guess, you're one of the people who kept saying Norman is a papa now aren't you?

>hearinglink.org/your-hearing/how-the-ear-works/

Meant for but whatever.

Said the faggot posting in Sup Forums

God forbid I don't know how an ear works. Am I going to be bitched at for not knowing how the hair on your scrotum works too?

I'd love to have more to say, but I have to leave for work in less than five minutes.

The first chapter of my Ray x Isabella story is up. No smutty smut yet, but this should give you an idea of how the story will develop, so there's that.

archiveofourown.org/works/10487208/chapters/23135496

I hope you like it!

Don't try to start shit for no reason.

Based user delivers, thank you.

And then aizen would kill himself because he met him

Reminder that all characters in this image could escape the orphanage at age 4 by wits alone.

Finally. So when is this gonna turn into a battle harem shounen

When Emma gets demon powers.

That's sweet, but...

Why are you so certain that Ray knows her real name?

Tell me more user.

>finds Emma's ear
Please be the whole ear

this is a good post.

>maybe this will lead to Emma growing her hair out
I want this, she'd look so fucking cute.

Its ok that Rays alive, i preferd his death for drama and shit but its ok. You could call it a doublebluff from the writer since Normans not dead too obviously. (In before: We dont know that for sure) The only thing that bothers me is that its again all according to normans plans. Why couldnt Emma just use her over9000 dex to save Ray for friendships sake instead of already guessing it cause Norman said shit like: Hey be aware Ray will pull the suicide.

Also is Emma aware that Norman could be stil alive or not?

Being born with no ears (aplasia) is not the same as having it cut off user.

>best boy lives.

Good. Is all I care about.

When will my husbando return...

He's my husbando, hands off.

Wouldn't chopping off the lobe have been enough? I mean it's less risky than chopping off a whole ear.

Sherry and Emma, please

CATFIGHT

In fact, he's Emma's husbando only, so everyone should keep hands off him.

Emma is the only one perfect enough for it.

Sherry will win! Let's believe in her!

Hell no. Emma's so much better.

Not to take sides but Emma would destroy her with a single kick.

I agree, the author downgrades Emma a lot.

That was fucken gay Wheres Part 2

>Ray is unharmed
He isn't burnt? Unbelievable.

Hi, Norman. The gang's all here.

I'm glad I dropped this.

No Ray.

Right here

>fucken gay
What?

Missed that, my bad.

>What?
What?

Why?

>Why?
>WHO?

(You)

What will the reunion with Norman be like?

It'll be the walking dead all over again. "I'm sorry Norman, I banged Ray when you were away since I thought you were dead!"

Emma is not a slut like Lori. Delete.

He'll catch a buch of his former siblings in game of tag and bring them to HQ

Norman will kiss Emma's cheek so fucking hard he'll make her blush.

Reminder that all characters of pic related could escape the orphanage at 12 by wits alone

Any chances that he is still alive?

He's most definitely alive.

No corpse = not dead.
You should know this by now, user.

I know but I am still afraid.

Don't worry, user. Ray's situation was looking a lot worse than his and look how that turned out. He's fine.

>"Y-you are... N-Norman right?"
>Demon freezes "..."
>"Come with us, Norman! We have to escape!"
>"I'm sorry Emma... I'm already..."
>"Norman!!"
>"Ray. Please take care of her."

Stop trying to get Norman cucked, please.

Is everyone escaping or just Ray?

How can you say such cruel things!

>Farm is burning
>Mama is mad
>Molotov cocktails are ready
They simply have no choice, user.

no.

Isn't that the Kingdom Hearts 2 reunion with Riku?

Norman pls

It won't happen. Emma will always love Norman.

Will HQ execute Isabella due to the kids escaping? I mean she produced the best of the best and her plantation is 10x better than any of the other plantations. It seems like a waste if they killed her over high quality kids escaping when she can always raise more high quality kids in the future.

I know he won't actually get cucked but I don't know why anyone would want him to in the first place.

You're understimating Isabella, she will keikaku hard next chapters