youtube.com/watch?v=OfT9XpCqwzM
youtu.be/MYISAAIcyDw?t=114
youtube.com/watch?v=NKNv8QKLJeE
youtube.com/watch?v=6wzXxTQeq58
youtube.com/watch?v=GNtzmOliIos
youtube.com/watch?v=88yCyxjRESg
daniel0987.livejournal.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do people like that ending so much? It was good, yes, but I don't know why everybody makes such a big deal about it.

It was Shakespearean.

best ED

SHE EVEN CUT HER HAIR AS IF TO MOCK MY WAIFU

>over a dozen great fights in one episode
>all loose ends tied thoroughly and completely
>heel turned on the original objective and achieve the new (way more awesome) objective
>continued characterization after the end of the main plot without needlessly dangling a sequel at the end of a string for BD sales
It's hard to find endings that even achieve plot closure let along all the extra shit that mad it amazing.

Cowboy Bebop is garbage, but I have to admit the last episode was something else.

youtube.com/watch?v=9t__VvDdnN8

The amazing part for me was how completely and totally the show got total closure, it just left you feeling completely satisfied. Isin bby

why did the shogun have to die? He had nothing to do with anything? Why does Japan hate fat old men?

You might want to rewatch it because apparently you slept through every major plot point.

Just imagine the people that actually watched it while it was airing

Just imagine what it felt like at the end of episode 11, knowing they had to wait a whole month

Just imagine how they felt when the last episode actually hit

It was a good episode, but a true perfect final episode elevates an already 9/10 series into greatest of all time status.

>tfw I don't have to imagine

I envy you.

you're a lucky fucker

I thought the last episode of samurai champloo was phenomenal, but that's probably just nostalgia and the final ED song being amazing.

Well it WAS pretty cool, if a bit predictable.

Ya'll niggas don't know pain.
youtube.com/watch?v=OfT9XpCqwzM

Hime > shit > Game

Who the fuck refers to Togame as "game"

I forgot her name as soon as Shichika did.

Oh now you've done it

No, it was Emonzaemon who has done her in.

GOD DAMN IT

Your waifu is dead.

Just like god damned Togame to be forgotten by history?

youtu.be/MYISAAIcyDw?t=114

youtube.com/watch?v=NKNv8QKLJeE

Togame died so no.

It really was. I can't think of another final episode that really tied the show together like that. Not to mention Sup Forums-triggering twists.

but it was better that way user :^)

No it was not and there is nothing you can say to convince me ;_;.

Aria's ending was pretty good too

Sounds like something from Ace Combat.

Fuck you it was excruciating waiting every fucking month for this animu.

But what about the payoff when it arrived?

Yes,it was perfect.
Yes, I'm still mad.

Don't worry user, the princess will take good care of Shichika.

Yes, about as perfect as this one.

I completed it in less than 24 hours. I had the same thought when marathoning it. I still remember that I wanted to sleep after watching 3 episodes but got hooked by the preview of the next one. That fucking preview. The fight with Imouto and the three Maniwa was cool, and the trio surprisingly likeable. But I could not help but peek from time to time at the time left on my player, expecting the fight. And this until the ED start.

>the perfect final episode

The tragedy of romance and the romance of tragedies.

I had the literal same experience, at like 4 in the morning.

Truly the greatest episode preview of all time.

That fucking short hair. Was about to drop the show when her glorious hair was replaced with this shit

What's with the hobo gloves?

CHEERIOOOOOOOOO

Never forget, truly a great anime

>Katanagatari: Great pairing with good chemistry but everything gets ruined near the end.
>Bakemonogatari and +: Great pairing with Cat gets ruined and MC stays with the shittiest girl, Crab while better and better girls appear.

Nsio is a very cruel man.

They're trainee gloves that the Undines wear when they practice. Christ it's a major fucking part of the story.

Hobo gloves as a plot point? I'm sold.

Please tell me they actually are homeless. Otherwise I will be disappointed

He kicked way more ass than Spike did in his last episode, that's for sure.

>great pairing with cat gets ruined

I'm glad it happened.

Im no powerlevel fag but i alwasy wondered who would win in a fight between these two.
Personally i would go with edgelord Shichika

>Great pairing with Cat gets ruined

You catfags never fail to amuse

This was my most satisfying realization that I have been had ever.

>the 10 minutes of them talking about how it was the most legendary fight ever

>everything gets ruined near the end
Togamefags, will they ever learn

Togame was my favorite character and I was still satisfied with the ending.

I am not a Catfag in particular. It's just hat Crab is undeniably the worst girl.

School Days just has too perfect an ending

Because this was an ending that actually wrapped up every single plot point in a satisfying way. The number of anime that manage this is startlingly small.

How is Cat not the worst girl by far you mong

Would have been better if he died too.

kizu

snake exists

I will never not be mad that these weren't the first and last episodes respectively instead of just being in the same episode.
Missed fucking opportunity.

> Mfw when he wrecks biyorigou and the claw bitch and says it was literally only because she got in biyorigou's way so it couldn't attack properly

youtube.com/watch?v=6wzXxTQeq58

this thread needs more penguindrum,

Name a better pro tag theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=GNtzmOliIos

But show was SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=88yCyxjRESg
It has Korean(?) subs, but the quality's good.

why is that last episode so overrated? it felt kinda boring when he fought against the 12 swordmans

because you find more enjoyment in gargling cocks

What other anime have done a boss rush ending?

Plebian taste.

I really didn't like Togame's long hair.

>spends entire show holding back
>lets loose in the final episode and shows that he could've obliterated every past opponent if he had been ordered do
Felt like an orgasm, mane

>there are people that didn't watch this ongoing
>there are people that didn't get trolled by the preview

Sad really.

Good taste

It would've been bloody good fun, I'm sure of that; this year marks the novel's tenth anniversary as well. I'm hoping that the recent publications by Vertical has sparked enough interest in this being translated.

Your face when the Katanagatari translator went MIA in 2011 for no reason at all.

daniel0987.livejournal.com/

because best girl won

>Remember liking this.
>Decide I might buy the blu ray, because it's 2017 of course there's a blu ray.
>Turns out the series was licensed by NIS who stopped selling it a few years ago.
>Only copy I could see for sale online is a used one on ebay priced at over $500.00
>Amazon doesn't even have any used copies of volume 2
>As far as I can tell there is literally no legal way to watch this unless you buy a Japanese copy.

It's almost like they want me to pirate it.

This was actually the best ending I've seen.

Vertical are being very slow and cautious with their translations. Waiting a year between releasing Kizu and Bake, only publishing Zaregoto book 1 for now (even though a translation for book 2 already exists).

I'm on episode 5 and am not really enjoying it

Should I drop?

You've watched the equivalent of 10 normal length episodes and you're still not enjoying it. What do you think?

I mean idk maybe it gets better

Also I know what happens (generally)

You're taking it pretty well at least, I've seen plenty other anons that are still mad TO THIS DAY

But couldn't GARcher summon Shichika, since he's a sword?

>picture
Exactly, Katangatari is a story of failure. It's not even about plans, EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER fails at their goal, Emonzaemon fails serving his mistress because he felt it necessary to kill Togame, then berserk Shichika ruins the plans in their final stage, and he dies.
Shichika of course fails in his one goal of protecting Togame's life.

The story is about how failure is okay, and life is really about the journey on the way to your goals, whether or not the end goal is realised or not. The characters that live and get happy endings are the ones that realise that and accept it, maturing and coming to peace with it.
That's why it ends with Shichika and Hitei going on a journey around Japan making maps or whatever, it's really just an aimless journey for the sake of journeying, and the narrator suggests they might even have an inglorious death at the roadside due to bandits. But it doesn't matter, because they enjoyed and appreciated the journey.

You've seen nearly half the show.
What exactly do you think will "get better", because I can definitely tell you the show doesn't suddenly take a huge heel turn in tone or action or whatever. If you're not enjoying it until episode 2 I wouldn't say you're going to enjoy it any more after that, but even at that point the formula gets shaken up later like with the Maniwas making not one-per-episode appearances as it implied they would.

sort of.

One of the main themes DEFINITELY was about enjoying the journey of life. However this show had a separate theme of fate vs free will.

This theme is embodied by EVERY SINGLE character in some way. Most characters were slaves to fate. Almost every single character who was a slave to fate died. Shichika's story starts out with him a SLAVE to FATE.

Togame offers him a seemingly contradictory thing, both a CHANGE of fate, AND to remain a slave to his fate, and Shichika's choice in ep1 to "fall in love" with her and "follow her" plant the seeds in him breaking free from the shackles of fate because he CHOSE to follow her. He embarks on the journey as Togame's SWORD. An item with no agency. He's wielded as exactly that, Togame's sword.

Whats interesting is everyone plays out their part in the story as a slave to fate while Shichika starts to wonder about the point. Togame didn't have to go toe to toe with the princess or shogun, but she couldn't give up her revenge. The princess was looking for a way to escape the chains of fate, yet she couldn't see a way out.

We get to the final episode, the princess has done her job to finish forging a sword out of Shichika, but it failed. It fails because Shichika decided he was NOT a sword. He ignored Togame's last order. He decided to destroy the source of all of this (the Shogun). He was going to get revenge for HIMSELF.

He kills the shogun, seemingly satisfying the prophecy, yet ruining it at the same time, because he did it not as a weapon, a sword, but as a man. The princess sees that Shichika has broken free from the chains of fate, and at the same time frees her from her fate. So she makes her first choice of her free will and follows him JUST LIKE he followed Togame in ep 1.

Two people free from the chains of fate on the road looking for and apparently finding something to enjoy in life. It's a romantic ending (not in the love-love sense, more like riding into the sunset is).

>try throwing it
>I'll just kill you until you die to death
>You just got in biyourigou's way
>What's the point of a heavy sword if you take away the weight?
Every single floor had about 20 pic related moments.

Mazui actually did pretty solid work with the subs. Perhaps a bit overly verbose, but the the Isin dialogue was already verbose to begin with. I still have that original batch archived alongside the BD release.

Al is shit. Makes 0080 almost unwatchable

Kemono Friends

>the entire last three episode of run of The Natural

>The Natural
woops, meant Origination, of course