Do you prefer anime or manga?

Do you prefer anime or manga?

Anime. I've tried getting into manga but my quality standards are either too high or there's just so much bad manga out there. Let alone all the shitty scanlator groups, shitty scan quality and the fact that I have to browse western comic boards to get some decent fucking manga scans these days.

That's a manhua, not a manga. And there is no anime.

It was a general question.

It's a good manuha though

I don't know this series

Manga because I can read it at work.

Original anime. If not, manga

both

Anime, mostly to listen to the voice actresses. Most studios don't even animate that well so that factor doesn't even mean much to me.

/blog

No real preferences.
It's more of an execution question.

If you care about quality, you won't watch animes.
They are badly-animated these days.

manga for better colors and more room for imagination

Source > adaptation
Alwasy.

manga
it's a lot more varied
and anime is 99% of the time badly animated

There is no Vagabond anime so Manga

Mango.

If executed well and visually appealing, my preference is anime. But mediocore manga is better than mediocore anime and I read manga more than I watch anime.

This is almost the right answer, only because it's not "always" but "almost always".

Manga, but the boards shouldn't be split.

If the manga reading audience was removed, Sup Forums would turn into a shithole like Sup Forums faster than you can blink.

I tend to enjoy reading even the worst manga while even good anime tend to be a slog at times.

Song of the long march

At least Sup Forums seems to actually talk about video games when it does.
Sup Forums is usually a lot more about characters in anime than the show itself.

>At least Sup Forums seems to actually talk about video games when it does.
AHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHHA
Literally half the board is off-topic garbage with a huge amount of Sup Forums

>these days
I can handle cheap animation. But I mostly watch old anime.

Ironically enough the off-topic threads on Sup Forums are the best on there.

The actual video game threads are contaminated with idiots who haven't even played the game being discussed.

So basically a manga would be /vr/

Manga. There are more complete stories and I also like that I can read through it much quicker.

*a manga board

I think the board should be split between currently airing and finished series.

Manga usually has better pacing, story and art.
Anime has better everything else + voices + movement + sound. Overall, I'll take anime.

Depends, both does different things better.

>off-topic garbage
Like Sup Forums right?

Go to Sup Forums right now and you'll be surprised that there's actually quite a number video game related threads.
Of course there's a lot of garbage console war shit, but hey, console wars is video game related, isn't it?
There's Sup Forums shit too, but they're leaking everywhere, even here.

Sup Forums is shit, yes, but ironically more on topic than Sup Forums where it's anime character shitposting central sprinkled with a little manga and actual show discussion.

Stopping here because it's off topic, but you get the idea.

Manga for the thinking autism.
Anime for the autism.

God tier anime > god tier manga
Average manga > average anime

Manga. I read faster than I could ever watch an anime so I prefer it.

Plus it's easier to find more variety

i've only read Keijo!!!!!!! as far as mangas go, found it to be way better than the anime.

Good anime is the best but on average manga is superior quality, and often is more personal.

The real clincher is not the actual animation or the colours but sound.

Also you can watch anime with people, you can't really read manga together.

its easier for a manga to break even, so authors can be more experimental. They don't have to worry about selling those blue rays as much as an animation studios do, so there's just a fuckton more. this makes it harder to pick out the good from the bad, but there's also a whole lot more good.

I know that a manga board would probably cause more trouble than it's worth
but man it'd be nice for series threads to not be wrecked by the anime-only guys, as elitist as that may sound. If you mention that JJBA threads used to be extremely chill before the anime happened people just assume that you're trolling now, even.

Anime, I just think OST and good VA adds so much to a powerful scene than reading a page online.

The thing I like about the manga though is you get countless surprising moments in it which anime obviously can't deliver on due to episodes limitations, Like that armpit pussy in Prison School which is glorious to witness with other people.

manga

there's more you can do when you don't have to fit it into animations

I filter manga by completely scanlated and rating and you get shit like Dash which is an 8 on MU and a 7.5 on MAL and it's utter trash. How am I supposed to find good manga then? Is limiting myself to completely scanlated manga a sin?

mango

Learn Japanese so you have no limits.

You're at the mercy of scanlator taste.
Learn jap and broaden your vision.

if something isn't translated I doubt it's word reading

>Is limiting myself to completely scanlated manga a sin?
yes
kill yourself

Might as well just read books then since Japan will never be capable of writing novels since their population can't read uncommon hieroglyphics

Stop making excuses.

Japanese novelists are too limited by their own language to write good stuff. Their population is also unable to read it so you get shit like light novels and manga which take up the industry instead.

Manga stays true to the creators vision.
Anime can be hit or miss depending on the limitations the studio has, and compromises have to be made to make it work in the new format.
It can also elevate the material at times (mostly in the case of action-oriented works), but I feel like overall that's rare.

Manga 4 lyfe.

Might as well just learn Chinese then since they have superior literature.

Wrong.
There's simply too much manga out there for everybody to scanlate all the good ones. Who knows what you might be into? Maybe it isn't something others would want to scanlate in the first place.

>If the manga reading audience was removed, Sup Forums would turn into a shithole like Sup Forums faster than you can blink.
You do realize that the "patrician" manga audience of Sup Forums that has decent monthly/weekly threads about relatively less popular manga are only like 10% of Sup Forums mangafags, right? 90% of them reside in SnK threads, OPT threads, JoJo threads, MonMusu threads, KanColle threads, all those Shounen Jump (pseudo-)generals and threads like BnHA, HxH, OP, etc. If anything, with all of them gone to the manga board, the level of discourse on Sup Forums would actually improve.

Can you read novels in Japanese?