Christian General - The End of the World Edition

This is where we are in the current timeline.

>The End of the Gentile Times

1914 according to Jehovah's Witnesses is the end of Gentile Rule over Christians. All verses in pic related.

>Jesus and the Angels kick Satan and his demons out of heaven in 1914. Gets casted down to Earth. (Re 12:7-12)

>The Last Days and the attitudes of people in the last days.

(Matthew 24:3) “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

Jesus said that his presence would be signified with...

(Matthew 24:7) “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.

(Luke 21:11)...in one place after another pestilences...

(Matthew 24:12) and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

>The earth would be ruined and polluted.

“Bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” (Revelation 11:18)

>The message is officially spread of his coming and his Kingdom.

“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”—Matt. 24:14.

>The Announcement of Peace and Security

“Whenever it is that they are saying: ‘Peace and security!’ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them.”—1 Thess. 5:3.

>The Great Tribulation

>Armageddon

We are currently in the pangs of distress Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24 which is part of the last days. We are not in the Great Tribulation. Where we are is in the moment right before they announce peace and security. They are going to announce a word wide call of Peace & Security in some way. Then the Great Tribulation then Armageddon.

Other urls found in this thread:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000531
wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/120000447
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Right now we are in Peace & Security. There is going to be an announcement of worldwide Peace and Security soon. Then when that happens the Great Tribulation will begin.

For those of you unware right after Peace & Security comes The Great Tribulation. But what is the Tribulation? It is the destruction of Babylon the Great. Or the Harlot that rides the wild beast. This is the world empire of all religion in the world. Basically, God is going to manipulate the "Kings" of the Earth to all together simultaneously turn against all mass religion and destroy it and devour it.

This is what you all need to know.

>Babylon The Great
wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000531

>Great Tribulation
wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/120000447

Basically, in a quick summary. Babylon the Great is the entire collective of false religion in the world. The "kings" of the Earth are going to manipulated by Jehovah God himself and be made to turn on all religion in the world. That event IS the Great Tribulation. Because of the mass amount of loyalty towards religion it will be another world war. Only instead of King vs King it will be Pastors, Monks, Clerics, and fellow believers against the Kings and militiaries of the world. It will be religious believers against nationalist/secularist. The Nationalist/secularist will win. They will take all the churches/temples, properties, money, money vaults, EVERYTHING from them. Then after that it will be Armageddon. During this time God and Christ will let their presence finally be known. NOBODY will be able to deny him anymore. Then Armageddon.

(Ezekiel 3:18, 19) When I say to someone wicked, ‘You will positively die,’ and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive, he being wicked, in his error he will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand. 19But as for you, in case you have warned someone wicked and he does not actually turn back from his wickedness and from his wicked way, he himself for his error will die; but as for you, you will have delivered your own soul.

>Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. 6 In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.

>Isaiah 41:10 - Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

>Deuteronomy 31:6 - BE courageous and strong. Do not be afraid or suffer a shock before them, because Jehovah your God is the one marching with you. He will neither desert you nor leave you entirely.”

>(Deuteronomy 4:31) For Jehovah your God is a merciful God. He will not desert you or bring you to ruin or forget the covenant of your forefathers that he swore to them

bump

>(2 Timothy 4:3, 4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.

Matthew 7:21) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

(Matthew 7:15) “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.

(Acts 20:29) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness,

(2 Thessalonians 2:3) Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.

(2 Peter 2:1) However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among YOU. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.

>(1 Timothy 4:1) However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons,

JW user you make me sad, jehovah is Jesus, please brother

>“Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.”
Isaiah 48:12 KJV

>“And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;”
Revelation 2:8 KJV

Really makes me think

Yes, God is the first and the last. But Jesus is a different KIND of first and last.

In Isaiah 44:6 God is the first and last, The only true God. Revelation 1:8 continues this idea. Revelation 22:13 is also Jehovah. Revelation 21:6,7 is also Jehovah. All these verses combined have no relation to Christ.

In Revelations 1:17, Jesus is the first and the last IN A DIFFERENT WAY. He is the first and the last of the resurrected dead.

He is the first to be resurrected to immortality and the first to be resurrected directly by God.
(Acts 26:23)
(Colossians 1:18)
(Revelation 1:5)

He is the last to be directly resurrected by God. Everyone else will be resurrected by Christ.

(John 5:21)
(John 6:40)
(Revelation 2:8)

God is First/Last of everything. Jesus is First/Last of the Dead and Resurrected.

There are four people talking in Revelations:an angel, Jehovah, Jesus, and John.

This is the order of people talking in Revelations 22:

verses 1-5 is John
verses 6-7 is the angel
verses 8 is John
verse 9-11 is the angel
verse 12-15 is Jehovah
verses 16-Jesus
verses 17- John
verses 18-19 is Jesus
verses 20-21 is John.

Again FOUR PEOPLE speaking.

I know what you are referring to. Some Bibles have slipped in "Jesus" in Revelations 22:12 to make it look like Jesus referred to himself as Alpha and Omega. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it.

At Revelation 22:13, the Alpha and Omega is also said to be “the first and the last,” which expression is applied to Jesus at Revelation 1:17, 18. Similarly, the expression “apostle” is applied both to Jesus Christ and to certain ones of his followers. But that does not prove that they are the same person or are of equal rank, does it? (Heb. 3:1) So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

>(Psalm 14:1) The senseless one has said in his heart: “There is no Jehovah.”

>(Psalm 10:4) The wicked one according to his superciliousness makes no search; All his ideas are: “There is no God.”

>(Romans 1:20) For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable;

>(Romans 1:25) even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen.

>brother
No Arian is my brother. Nobody who believes Jesus isn't God is a Christian.

The Trinity is a Helenistic philosophical idea and pagan belief. Not a Biblical teaching. We know this because of the definitions used to describe it: Essence, substance, nature, homoousios, and persons is all Greek metaphysical terms origining in Helenistic Philosophy going back to Plato and Aristotle. The word hypostatic union comes from hypostasis. It is a philosophical idea from Helenistic Greek Philosophy. The Trinity can only be supported with pagan doctrine. These terms and beliefs are not found in the Bible but in Plato, Aristotle, and Pythagoras. The Trinity can be traced back through old triad gods, Greek Philosophy, and Hindu avatarism.

the definitions of the Trinity itself: Essence, substance, nature, homoousios, persons, hypostatic union. Plato, Aristotle, and Pythagoras all taught these centuries before Jesus was born. Just trace "hypostatic union" on Wikipedia. It goes straight back to Plato, Aristotle and Neoplatonism.

Think about this: If I started using word like "Means of Labor," "bourgeoisie," "proletariat," "Base and superstructure" and called myself a Libertarian you'd all cry foul and accuse me of being a Marxist and Communist. Why? Because all my terminology used to describe "Libertarian" ideology is all Marxist in nature. You would all call me a fraud.

Why not with the Trinty? That's where the entire definition of the Trinity comes from. None of the terminologies, defintions, and understanding of the Trinity comes from the Bible. It all comes from Greek Philosophy, Stoicism, Hindus, and Pagans.

Ok so I have a question. On the NYE, when we went outside with family to watch fireworks, some random retard came to us and started shittalking to my mather about some nonsense. They started arguing and pushing themselves and I was standing calmly. I was wondering if I should intervene or let it go. But when this faggot was finally turning back, he showed middle finger to my mother and something broke inside of me. I ran after him, pushed him into gate of his backyard and started shouting and swearing at him to apologize to my mother. It was something scary as fuck, even my aunt started crying and tried to pull me away from this guy. I have never behaved nor felt anything like that. It wasn't hate for sure, I don't know what it was, I just wanted him to apologize. Did I do good as a Christian that I protected my mother, or should I ignore that situation and let him go? I'm certainly sure I wouldn't do such a thing before I repented.

Always the same copypastas. Never actual arguments. This is your brain on cults, folks.

As someone who was raised Christian, fuck off nothings going to happen ever.

I know you think being Christian gives you power today because the Republicans are in power but that shit won't last. No one will like you and you will be alone for the rest of your life if continue to act this way.

>someone put a copyright on that fucking shit

>Christian general
>JW
hol' up

Yeah because he created it, which is more than you've done with your life. Besides maybe yelling at black people on the internet.

>my mather about some nonsense. They started arguing and pushing themselves and I was standing calmly.

Intervene to stop it

>he showed middle finger to my mother and something broke inside of me. I ran after him, pushed him into gate of his backyard and started shouting and swearing at him to apologize to my mother.

You should have let it go. He "won" in the end. He wanted a reaction from you and you gave it to him. It didn't matter how much you pulverized him you gave him what he wanted and now you are the bad one.

>(Romans 12:17) Return evil for evil to no one. Provide fine things in THE SIGHT OF ALL MEN.

>(1 Peter 2:23) When he was being reviled, he did not go reviling in return. When he was suffering, he did not go threatening, but kept on committing himself to the one who judges righteously.

>(Romans 12:21) Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.

>(Lamentations 3:30) Let him give [his] cheek to the very one striking him. Let him have his sufficiency of reproach.

>(Proverbs 24:29) Do not say: “Just as he did to me, so I am going to do to him. I shall repay to each one according to his acting.”

>Believing the (((Bible)))

That's because it's MY copypasta. Why retype that which is asked again?

> Never actual arguments.

Go to Wiki and go look up Essence, substance, nature, homoousios, persons, hypostatic union. Look who it leads back to? Remember how Sup Forums used to play "Everything leads back to Adolf Hitler"? Same thing except "Everything leads back to Plato."

Go look up "Means of Labor," "bourgeoisie," "proletariat," "Base and superstructure". Look who it leads back to. Same principle.

>implying

You know Catholics are basically heathens, right?

Ehh... I felt like I did good, but maybe overreacted and got carried by emotions too much. I had few lines in mind, which were stopping me from running after him, but in the last second something pushed me to do this. Well, it's done already, I guess I have to live with it now.

>As someone who was raised Christian, fuck off nothings going to happen ever.

(Jude 18) how they used to say to YOU: “In the last time there will be ridiculers, proceeding according to their own desires for ungodly things.”

(2 Peter 3:3,4) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires; and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

>I know you think being Christian gives you power today because the Republicans are in power

(Acts 5:29)... “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

John 18:36) ...“My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

(John 15:19) If YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world, on this account the world hates YOU.

1 John 5:19 - 19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.

>Go to Wiki
Lmao.
>Essence, substance, nature, homoousios, persons, hypostatic union
user, your account of the history of these terms is horrendous. Essentia, substantia, and persona are all Latin words, which is probably why they were in fact not used by Plato, and also probably why Origen's response to Sabellianism was to simply say the Son must be distinct from the Father because He is said to be subordinate, rather than the precision of Tertullian who used such terms as essentia, substantia, persona and trinitas, all entering the Christian lexicon primarily through him.

>Isaiah 41:9 -... ‘You are my servant; I have chosen you, and I have not rejected you.

>Proverbs 24:16 - For the righteous one may fall even seven times, and he will certainly get up; but the wicked ones will be made to stumble by calamity.

>Psalms 55:22 - 22 Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter.

>(Psalm 37:24) Although he may fall, he will not be hurled down, For Jehovah is supporting his hand.

>Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. 6 In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.

>The End of the World
You retards have been pushing this shit for centuries. It's never going to happen.

Yeah, He truly must love us. No matter how many times you stumble, He will always be with us.
It's certainly going to happen, except no one knows when. There are some signs which will give a clue to Christians, such as Creation of Israel, Jews converting to christianity in mass etc. We have the tips, but no exact date. Everyone who claim to know the date is basically a false prophet and should be ignored.

>"Nor is it only in historical religions that we find God viewed as a trinity. One recalls in particular the Neoplatonic view of the Supreme or Ultimate Reality which was suggested by Plato." - Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, Hastings, p. 458, vol. XII.

>"The genius of Plato, informed by his own meditation or by the traditional knowledge of the priests of Egypt [or by the `mysteries' of Pythagoras], had ventured to explore the mysterious nature of the deity .... the three archical or original principles were represented in the Platonic system as three gods, united with each other by a mysterious and ineffable generation .... such appear to have been the secret doctrines which were cautiously whispered in the gardens of the Academy .... The arms of the Macedonians [Alexander the Great] diffused over Asia and Egypt the language and learning of Greece; and the theological system of Plato was taught, with less reserve, and perhaps with some improvements, in the celebrated school of Alexandria." - The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Edward Gibbon, pp. 675, 676, vol. 1, The Modern Library - Random House, Inc.

> "... the doctrine of the Trinity was of gradual and comparatively late formation; that it had its origin in a source entirely foreign from that of the Jewish and Christian scriptures; that it grew up, and was ingrafted on Christianity, through the hands of the Platonizing Fathers."– p. 34, The Church of the First Three Centuries, Alvan Lamson, D.D. (see WT 15 Oct. 1978, p. 32.)

It's super obvious at this point.

Keep in mind I consider this concession. I expect you to stop re-posting the copypasta now

I'm MORMON and still can't fucking believe JWs exist lmao

I've never seen post like this, gj

JW's aren't Christians.

Denier of Christ's divinity, you are NOT a Christian. You are a faithless reprobate. You are essentially worse than a muhammadean.

Oh please another dumbass who believes the all "pure" God gave everyone war and sickness cause someone ate a fruit thousands of years ago

Ye, so aren't mormons, catholics, adventists of the 7th day and few more. You can always try to prove him wrong and save from his sect, instead of complaining.

> 13. "If Paganism was conquered by Christianity, it is equally true that Christianity was corrupted by paganism. The pure Deism of the first Christians (who differed from their fellow Jews only in the belief that Jesus was the promised Messiah) was changed by the Church at Rome, into the incomprehensible dogma of the trinity. Many of the pagan tenets, invented by the Egyptians and idealized by Plato, were retained as being worthy of belief." - The History of Christianity, (Preface by Eckler).

>"The Platonic trinity, itself merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier peoples, appears to be the rational philosophical trinity of attributes that gave birth to the 3 hypostases or divine persons taught by the Christian churches.... This Greek philosopher's conception of the divine trinity ... can be found in all the ancient [pagan] religions." - (French Nouveau Dictionnaire Universel (New Universal Dictionary) ti-E, p. 11. Also found in the Dictionnaire Lachatre as quoted in 8/1/84 WT.)

This is only a fraction. It's super obvious at this point.

This isn't copypasta. This is facts. You said:

>user, your account of the history of these terms is horrendous.

Then I answered. None are copypasta but are all facts of the truth of the Trinity.

We don't deny Jesus being divinity. We just deny Jesus being Jehovah God himself. Jesus is a god(John 1:1), the only-begotten god(John 1:18), and a mighty god(Isaiah 9:5). Jesus is a god like the angels, Satan, demons are in heaven. On earth he is a god like Moses and the judges.(Psalm 82:1-7; Psalm 82:6; John 10:35; John 10:34-38)

If Jesus thought of himself as God he would have picked any OT verse where Jehovah identified himself as God. Instead he picked verses that proved men are called gods(Psalm 82:1-7; Psalm 82:6; John 10:35; John 10:34-38) to prove his status on earth as a god and the Son of God.

meant for you

He didn't give anyone war and sickness. That was Adam, Eve, and Satan that gave everyone war and sickness.

>James 1:13 - When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

Yeah, it's super obvious that you were left with no argument, not even your weak copypasta.

>Then I answered
Uh, no, you didn't. I made an argument, which you ignored in your race to cite (((Watchtower)))

which is more than you've done with your life. Besides maybe yelling at people for yelling at black people on the internet.

>Jesus is St. Michael

LOL! Quotes with citations are not considered copypastas. That's allowable anywhere.

The sources are at the end. They are not JW related.Which is more that both of you've done with your lives. Besides yelling at people yelling at people yelling at black people on the internet.

Remove Francis.

How could you say such bad things? Just look at his old, smiling face. Do you really think this man could be prophet of devil? Don't be silly.

You will live long enough to see that happen.

>Can God Prevent Evil?
yes
>Does God know about all the Evil?
Yes
>Does God want to prevent Evil?
Yes
>Then Why is there Evil?
This is where your false dilemma comes in. The options presented are not in the Bible at all.

Was pain, suffering, evil all part of God's plan? No, it wasn't. So why did he allow it. For two simple reasons: Sovereignty and Integrity.

>Sovereignty

When the snake(Satan) approached Eve again he told her that God was lying and that she WOULD NOT DIE if she ate the fruit. That she would know good and evil and become like God herself. That's why Satan's name is Satan the Devil. It's not his real name. Nobody knows his real name. Satan means "Slanderer" and Devil means Rebel. He was the first to lie, the first to slander and blasphem God, and the first to rebel. Why did Satan want Adam, Eve, and himself to rebel? Because of Sovereignty. The right to rule. Satan STOLE God's sovereignty over humanity by tricking Adam and Eve that THEY would be their own sovereigns themselves by knowing good and evil and "become like God." They would govern themselves and decide their own moral code. God could have destroyed the rebels but he chose not to so they could present their challenge.

>Can man rule himself and give himself paradise given time?
>Can Satan rule mankind and be their God instead of Jehovah?
>Can man bring himself into prosperity, peace, order, and happiness by himself?

These were all challenges to God's sovereignty. So God stepped back, let mankind rule themselves, while the devil secretly ruled them. God's challenge to them and all currently mankind is "prove it."

CONTINUED

>Integrity

>(Job 1:8) And Jehovah went on to say to Satan: “Have you set your heart upon my servant Job, that there is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad?”

>(Job 1:9-11) At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: “IS IT FOR NOTHING JOB HAS FEARED GOD?" 10Have not you yourself put up a hedge about him and about his house and about everything that he has all around? The work of his hands you have blessed, and his livestock itself has spread abroad in the earth. 11But, for a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch everything he has [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.”

>(Job 2:4,5) But Satan answered Jehovah and said: “Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul. 5) For a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch as far as his bone and his flesh [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.”

After Adam Eve, Cain Abel, Noah Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah and RIGHT BEFORE the rise of Moses and the 10 Plagues was the issue of Job. At the time JOB WAS THE ONLY GOD APPROVED PERSON ON EARTH. That's right, nobody was good on Earth except Job. Satan noticed that for a while there always continued to be humans loyal to God and wondered why. He reasoned up above that it was because God was bribing them with rewards, pleasures, and nice things. That humans were only loyal to God for rewards and not for sincere love of him. Satan challenged God in from of the angels to "thrust out your hand" and "hurt" him. Deny him all good things and watch as how Job turns against him. "Skin on behalf of skin" means that a man will throw away all of God's moral standards to save their own life. So God has allowed Satan to inflict pain and suffering on humanity to prove that humans will be loyal to God IN RETURN FOR NOTHING.

Good news though. This system of pain in suffering is almost over.