Gantz

Just finished Gantz, why was the ending so anticlimactic?

why is hitler in its chest

Should have killed the MCs.
I mean the theme of the manga is everything is pointless.

>Should have killed the MCs

One of my many problems with the last arc was the plot armor. They had so much plot armor that they even made a clone of one to give him more plot armor.

because it was an epilogue ... do'h

Because it lacks a "where are they now?"

Gantz peaked with Osaka arc.

The same author said that he run out of ideas after the Italy mission. Gantz ended when Sakurai read the "F1N" sign, Katastrophre is headcanon.

Some ultimate being or something, kept on rotating out faces of famous historical people on its body

Gantz was a wild ride, but I enjoyed it
Been a couple of years though since Ive read it, I should probably read it again.

Lara Croft aka Sei best girl

source?
also which chapter are you referring to?

Did the Italy mission only serve to kill those 2 people off? It was already established Gantz was all over the world by this point.

i miss osaka team :(

other than anzu and virginkun they were a bunch of nutjobs and rapists

It was established but nobody knew the magnitude of it, an international mission was truly a whole new level of difficulty and definitely achieved to show a new level of terror in the series, as always.

I'm sorry, I don't have it anymore or remember where it was from, but the author released different pages like omakes talking about himself and the future of Gantz, he even mentioned that he was getting ideas from Transformers while doing Katastrophe.
The chapter was the ending of the Italy mission, when Gantz start giving points the first one to show up is Sakurai and it says "F1N".

sakuraoka was best girl.
Tae a fucking piece of motherfucking shit.

That was definitely the last point where Gantz was still good, because right after that, everything goes right to shit when Reika resurrects a second Kurono.

Explain why you thought it was anticlimactic?

If everything is pointless then having them live is equally pointless, it's just some human life who gives a fuck.

I think you're all fucking tripping, very early on Gantz was already a trainwreck. If you were holindg it up to some higher standard of writing by that point then you were just grasping at straws. Gantz is a really enjoyable manga but it became complete nonsense quite quickly.

??? Gantz have always been about the characters and how said characters unfold in this crazy as shit situation. I'm not even sure what your post was about, wrong quote? Also inside its own universe everything made perfect sense and had a proper result in every instance it had, that alone is good writing, this was very consistent till the start of Katastrophe where absolutely nothing made sense, or better said, you had to make it made sense by your own.

My memory is fuzzy as fuck so I have no idea when the Katastrophe you mention began but things definitely didn't make sense for that long. The power creep and plot armor got out of line early on.

Like most things, Gantz started to go downhill the moment katanas became mainstream.

Early Gantz was impressive in that the missions always get harder for the characters and only until the Dinosaur arc did the players step up their game and work as a top-notch team. Even when things go bad outside of the missions, the characters always know to stick with their goals and plan hard to achieve them. It never tries to be more than what it was great at, which was survival royale, but that gets replaced with the End-of-the-World scenario against a colossal army that ended up being a drag to read when the character focus and dialogue is all over the place. Also, having two Kuronos was really a cheap attempt to satisfy both Tae/purityfags and Reikafags, yet it doesn't bold well for this scenario because the author didn't know how to balance focus between the two. All in all, the ending arc of Gantz was just really disappointing and did not resolve many of the questions that got people hooked into the series in the first place.

>DUDE HITLER AND STANLEY KUBRICK SOOOOO DEEEP!
Fucking radioactive chinks...

>Early Gantz was impressive in that the missions always get harder for the characters and only until the Dinosaur arc did the players step up their game and work as a top-notch team. Even when things go bad outside of the missions, the characters always know to stick with their goals and plan hard to achieve them. It never tries to be more than what it was great at, which was survival royale, but that gets replaced with the End-of-the-World scenario against a colossal army that ended up being a drag to read when the character focus and dialogue is all over the place.

Just to be clear, none of this takes away from my comment about plot armor and the power creep being prominent in the manga and getting out of hand. It seems you and be just happen to have different pet peeves or things that bother us about the manga.

W-What? The only plot armor in the whole series was people surviving the Nurarihyon with magic tourniquets, and even that was almost immediately brought up into account in the next mission when they totally kill off and give a proper conclusion to said characters.

Are you sure you know what plot armor is?

There was never a plot OP, he just made shit up every week, remember Kurono had a twin brother who was a Vampire Alien?

Osaka arc was garbage.

Lara Croft was alright. Shame she didn't get much screentime.

Tae is best girl.

Do you? Every character that mattered got its proper development and conclusion until Katastrophe started at least, simple as that, even the MC dies and as a result it moved the plot into the next phase. Every action has its reaction and that's good writing here and in China, i'm the one that must ask, are you sure you know what plot armor is?

> Every character that mattered got its proper development and conclusion until Katastrophe started at least, simple as that,
>simple as that

But that's not what plot armor is about. It's not about whether the characters got development or whether the story progressed or not.

> Plot Armor (also known as Magic Bullet Shield, as seen in map scripts) is an informal term referring to a character's unusual ability to survive infinite damage, due to their importance to the story. Let me google it for you man.

... then what are you even posting about? And where is that unusual ability? Where is that infinite damage? Does any characters ever "have plot armors till they don't"? I have the feeling I should sotp replying to you.

It's the journey not the destination

At least the movie was good

I was pointing out to you that the manga had flaws from early on with it's plot armor and power creep which are signs of bad writing. Yet you insisted on ignorantly arguing with me when you clearly had no idea what plot armor even meant. Honestly man in times like this it's just better to man up and accept you were wrong and didn't know something and simply learn from the experience but you keep on trying to argue where there's nothing for you to argue.

> And where is that unusual ability?
> Where is that infinite damage?

I'm assuming you're really young or simply somewhat slow but I do hope some user comes along and explains this to you since the definition didn't seem to be enough and I've got to go.

gantz peaked at oni mission.

also
>kei kills giant alien, last minute some dude was able to revive everyone that died to them. Kei and kato somehow survive out in sea for three days keeping themselves afloat ans not die from dehydration.

>Gantz was nonsense since the beginning
>but Gantz was about the characters and how they were driven by the well structured plot
>meaningless buzzwords without stating any example of it
>What plot armor?
>Don't you know?
>Yes when a character survives an impossible situation just because, what does that have to do with Gantz?
>About the bird
>W-What?
>Everyone know that the bird is the word
>Fuck you
>Honestly man in times like this it's just better to man up and accept you were wrong and didn't know something
Well, that was funny.