What ereader/tablet do you use for reading manga?

what ereader/tablet do you use for reading manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rookiestudio.perfectviewer&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=FSmXA01l-_8
amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDUH6HX/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1SAU5M1QZVTHL
banggood.com/Original-Box-Teclast-X89-Kindow-Z3735F-Quad-Core-7_5-Inch-IPS-Dual-Boot-Reader-Tablet-p-1051034.html?rmmds=mywishlist
twitter.com/AnonBabble

meme nexus 7

i got a cheap windows tablet during christmas last year. it's nice and was like $50

I have an old ipad 1 I got for free. works great for manga. annoying finding applications that work with it, but it's pretty great other than that.

that nuvision? I was really tempted by that

it's just a small hp w7 tablet. i just onedrive/share drive my manga and read it through honeyview or cdisplay on it. it's amazing how cheap electronics are now

iPad Air 2

Tried using my kindle but it's just a bit too small.

still got my nexus 7

haven't used it in 2 years tho

>haven't used it in 2 years tho
How do you read then?

I don't

iphone 7 plus

disgusting

Kindle Paperwhite.

read mangas on laptop
read ebooks on tablet computer

I refuse to read digital manga.

takes up too much room desu

do you have a local library that has a good manga section, or some place to get cheap used manga, or what? there's so much not great stuff out there that I wouldn't want to spend 10-15 dollars on something I had very little idea if I'd like or not

then there also all the manga that's been scanlated but never physically released in english

nexus is a tablet you fucktard

Nvidia Shield K1

I was hesitant to get a 7" tablet after my 10" Samsung Tab S was kill, but I've ended up liking the size a lot. The screen is pretty much the same size as a real manga or LN page anyway.

The Galaxy Note 8.0 is pretty good for long sessions of reading, just get decent apps, I use Moon Reader (PDF, eBook) and Perfect Viewer (Manga, doujin).
I bought it years ago and it's still a pretty decent tablet. (I also use the stylus with VirtualTablet to draw on PC).

I have an old kindle fire which I use for nothing but manga

Just wait until 2020 for the color eink readers.

How is manga on it? I've been considering a kindle

Why? Manga is black and white.

Kobo. Shit's great, no shitty DRM, at least on the one I bought.

Because e-ink patents are expensive.

That is why a $5 tablet is sold for $40-50 other than jewish tricks.

Moto G

Oneplus One

Its not.
Way too small screen for it, a 50% cheaper tablet with good sized screen would be much better.

what do you use to read manga? An app, or just the image viewer?

Surface Pro 4

CDisplayEx. Fast and remembers where you were up to.

My phone (Note 3) if not at home. If I'm at home i rotate my 27 inch monitor 90 degrees and use that since it can rotate almost any direction in a semi-sphere

>CDisplayEx
but that's for PC. I want something for my tablet or phone.

7inch samsung tab 4, but i am thinking about switching to a xiaomi mi max. For me a good tablet size is the maximum size that i can put in the back pocket of my jeans or the inside pocket of my jacket.

You mean an android tablet?

Cube i7 Stylus

Waiting for chinks to step up and put 8 GB RAM while keeping the wacom stylus on this series.

yeah

best manga reading app?

left pic related was my first tablet. previously i had used different devices like my psp & old gen iphone but 10" form factor tablet is really what got me to switch over to digital completely. i've always downloaded and archived scanlations but it wasn't until i got an ipad that i stopped paying for localized dead tree manga completely. thanks apple

Tried on the kobo aura hd(nice dpi, perfect for manga and stuff), but its impossible to read the spread pages so I got discouraged.

what software did you use to read on the ipad?

that kind of depends on what operating system you're on my man

for windows/linux I still haven't found anything better than mcomix
I'm still stuck on an ipad 1 and I've not found many things that work with 5.1.1, but comics storm has been the best that I've found

iComic. Back in 2010 i jailbroke the iPad so I could wirelessly SSH stuff to it from my desktop or laptop. But now iComic has FTP server support and I don't trust jailbreaks (since they mostly come out of Russia & China now). Also I use Manga Bird which basically pulls images off of online manga readers like Botato, except without ads and other shit - makes managing manga really easy. Though lately I've found Manga Bird has become somewhat flakey with older releases. There's probably a similar app out that does the same sort of thing but I haven't bothered looking.

Perfect Viewer for android is fantastic

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rookiestudio.perfectviewer&hl=en

Lenovo Thinkpad 8 with Windows Phone.

16x10 8 inches screen. 1920x1200.

Better than that, only a 3:2 screen: Perfect screen ratio.

Too bad all touch apps suck on windows but is quite practical having a full fledged PC in a tablet format. I hate apple for ruining the concept of portable PC with an oversized phone-os.

On PC for manga is CDisplay ex. For LN it is foxit reader

>since they mostly come out of Russia & China now
pretty racist desu

not racist. just don't trust commies

LOL a Windows RT device is not a full fledged PC you fucking poorfag pleb

perfect viewer works great. it saves your place and marks things off if they are not read, halfway or finished. it also reads directly from compressed files/folders. It also has compleatly customizable controls.

It even stores your reading progress if you delete the files and then move them back to your phone/tablet again, as long as you keep the same filestructure

thanks m8s

those are pretty basic usability features. or are andrones so used to crap apps that they have to point out how great their favorite apps are for not being completely non-functional buggy pieces of shit?

That is not Windows RT, dumbfuck. Do a google search next time. This thing has an ATOM Z3770 and 2gb of DDR3. I actually use Photosho C6 in this shit, I even finished fallout 2 and several light novel pc exclusives in this thing.

That device runs regular Windows 8.1 though?

And Windows RT already extinct. Nobody releasing tablets running that piece of shit anymore.

I actually went full dislexia and saind Windows Phone instead of Windows 10 because I'm a retard. IT IS A FULL FLEDGED WINDOWS 32 bit.

Can you even access your filesystem yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=FSmXA01l-_8

It's ok, but unless you also want to read books on it, it's not worth it.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 for manga with the app Tachiyomi. Also use the Kindle app and Google Play Books along with my 4th gen Kindle back and forth for books and light novels. Very comfortable

Got a Nexus 7 (2012), but my dumbass self decided to update it up to marshmallow and now it runs like shit.

I have an old acer, but honestly I haven't used it in ages. These days I mostly stick to LNs and anime. And when there's something that blows up on Sup Forums, I often just read it on PC.

I read manga on my rooted nook.

I can also read it in landscape mode if I needed to see it in more detail.

What's good for below $100? $100 to $150? Color display a must.

Just use your laptop/desktop.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDUH6HX/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1SAU5M1QZVTHL

or

banggood.com/Original-Box-Teclast-X89-Kindow-Z3735F-Quad-Core-7_5-Inch-IPS-Dual-Boot-Reader-Tablet-p-1051034.html?rmmds=mywishlist

those are two i had recommended to me in a couple of different Sup Forums threads

Nothing

muh nigga
just got one and popped in a 128 GB SD card and i'm set for life

i got a teclast x98 plus retina
it's fucking great

Was saving for a tablet solely for manga reading. Along the way stopped caring and just use my 5 inch phone to read manga, if not on my desktop.

I use an Amazon Fire tablet, got it last holiday when they were 30 bucks (regular costs 49.99) been thinking of upgrading to an Amazon Fire 8 HD since the screen is slightly larger, has more space, resolution and double speakers for anime/media

>tlr
what a waste

sorry for the shitty camera, I do use a manga reading app, its called rock manga

I have a kindle paper white. Is it good for reading mangos?

it should be good, I used to have a gen 3 kindle, admitedly you do need to have good quality scans though

Cheap windows tablet. Good for VN as well

Anyone here think I could sale my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 somewhere for a good price and where? Want a higher quality screen and something widescreen

Are other tablets even trying?

How bad is this brand user? How easy is it to break down?

Am I a pleb for using Manga storm?

Now I have my entire manga to read list on it I don't want to switch from the ios system even though it is so much more expensive and ipad 2 is rapidly becoming too slow.

Man fuck the device, post the apps you use to read it instead. I use one called Comic Reader but it sometimes doesn't use thumbnails.

I mean Comic Screen, FUCK

I use kissmanga.com

rock manga to read online
perfect viewer to read downloaded manga on the device.

Tab S 8.2"

I had a Nexus 7 which was pretty decent but I would never go back to the smaller scree. I'll admit it's a lot of money to spend on a dedicated mango reader though.

>falling for the tablet jew
>not watching anime and reading manga on your 5 inch smartphone

We have mx player pro which makes the best out of your snapdragon device and tachiyomi is able to get scans from batoto there's just no excuse now.

Kobo Glo HD

Sp4

This thing ran android, so you could get past the ebook reader shell and install manga reader APK of your choice. Unfortunately this kills the e-ink screen, after full run of Death Note and a couple smaller things the contrast went to complete shit. Currently reading through browser on a windows tablet.

I've been using a 2013 Nexus 7 forever. It feels awkward trying to read manga on desktop now. Charging port somehow got bent/broken about two years into owning it though so buyer beware. Because of that I have to stream my manga.

acer one tablet. Got it for 140 a couple years back. It's shit, it's slow, but it runs windows and has decent battery life.

Its okay, like other anons have said it is more geared towards books. I've read plenty of manga on it but it seems like a pain in the ass after a while holding it like a gameboy advance with a touch screen.

Nook HD+

surface pro 3 works, before that I used a nexus 7.

What nook?
Are you using special software to create the CBZ?

Where's the page from? Some article or from a novel?

MComix or Honeyview.

cbz is just a different name for .zip.
What I tend to do is crop borders and rename the images if they have Japanese names with irfanview