Still the greatest anime.
Still the most inspiring story.
Still the most emotional.
Still the best setting.
Still the best writing.
Still the best characters.
Still the best art.
Still the best soundtrack.

Why hasn't a single anime come close since?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CMvz0zxml8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not even close.

It's not even the best shonen.

but thats no K-ON

>Still the greatest anime.
>Still the most inspiring story.
>Still the most emotional.
>Still the best setting.
>Still the best writing.
>Still the best characters.
>Still the best art.
>Still the best soundtrack.
>Why hasn't a single anime come close since?

Hunter x Hunter has good plot but most of what goes on in that story is barely relate-able.

FMA outshines.

1) Relatable is a word.

2) You are probably 12.

I'm 19 and there is nothing relatable about an uppity child that remains static for half of the show.

Still the most overrated by plebs i see

>Overrated as shit
>Shitty and low quiality A1 Pictures animation
>Generic as fuck secondary characters
>Strawman, generic and forgettable God complex antagonist
>Asspull happy end

Did Brotherhood make the manga obsolete, or is it still worth the read? I only saw the original anime a long time ago and i'm planning to get into it.

>Asspull happy end
Go ahead and explain this

>still the most overrated anime since evangelion
how does it do it?

What's this stupidity that being relatable instantly means it's good?

Literally everything that was lost was brought back. There were hardly any sacrifices besides Ed's alchemy, which is fucking bizarre in a show based on the concept of equivalent exchange. Hell, Mustang got his eyes back.

Brotherhood sucks, just read the manga and watch 2003 which is better in every conceivable way.

Their mom didn't come back
Ed's leg did't come back
Hughes didn't come back.
Nina didn't come back.
Their dad dies.

The only thing that comes back is Al's body and Ed's arm.

The minute the fight came down to a slugfest with God, I had to chuckle

Brotherhood is horrible and the manga is only good up to the part where it splits from the show (somewhere before the final chapter of V7).

If, and believe me, this is a big IF, you're that much of a fan, then V8 would not be a waste of money. But that's where the first symptoms of the manga going off the rails and starts becoming a parody begin.

>ninjas and their rivalry against a chibi girl and her dumb panda enter the story.
>other alchemy practices that are utterly irrelevant to the plot.
>Barry comes back and his zombified body that the Homunculus somehow know to use as a dog to sniff out the whereabouts of the good guys.

Starting in V9 it becomes irredeemable. If you watched 2003, you got everything there is to get out of FMA.

Why do you like watching shows with human in them more than shows with say talking animals?
Because you relate more to humans.
Relatability is the first indicator of whether something is going to be good or not.

Its the same thing but with added characters.

FMAB had the best ending as well.

Hiatus x Hiatus didnt even finish yet how can you grade it?

I fucking hate you faggots. 2 great anime and you have to shit on the other to make your favorite look good.

I will agree that FMA was slightly better. No generic bullshit like yelling attack names/auras/nen/chakra/ki/tournament arcs/etc. It was slightly more meaningful than just muh friendship. Gon is overrated and him being edgy for one part of one arc doesn't make him a great character. Even Goku and Naruto powered up when they thought their friend """died"""". Everything in HxH is pretty standard shonen fare, actually. Normies don't know this since they don't read much more manga outside of shonen jump though. The asspulls in HxH were unforgivable, also characters outside the main 4 didn't get fleshed out much.

FMA is also not flawless. It's """"comedy"""" is cringe worthy, the pacing can get atrocious. Father wasn't that great of a villain. Alphonse was a bit of a Gary Stu for the majority of the series. The zombie shit near the end was retarded and not creative at all. Winry and Ed's relationship was as bland and as standard as could be. Overall, I would still put it above HxH.

But despite all that said, these 2 are still really good shows. I would never say HxH is shit just because I like FMA better. Because it's entertaining as hell and we need more series like it.

Uhh, no. Talking animals means anthropomorphism, which means they are given human-like qualities and characteristics. And in alot of shows, they talk and act like people for the most part. So in that case, it goes to down to a matter of character.

And even then, being relatable isn't all there is to want to feel invested in a person's story.

I agree with most of what you said about FMA but bad pacing? I thought that was the strongest point for me. If you read from start to finish the whole story flows really well without needing to divide everything into little arcs.

>What is Mustang's eyes

>Implying Samurai Greed wasn't a great character
I agree with you for the most part, though.

Ya but Mustang sinned to get his eyes back. It goes at the cost of the humans who made the philosopher's stone.

>Gon is overrated and him being edgy for one part of one arc doesn't make him a great character. Even Goku and Naruto powered up when they thought their friend """died"""". Everything in HxH is pretty standard shonen fare, actually. Normies don't know this since they don't read much more manga outside of shonen jump though. The asspulls in HxH were unforgivable, also characters outside the main 4 didn't get fleshed out much.
>Normies
That's how quick a post falls apart. Your own personal qualms aren't actual faults with the series, not to mention it's littered with falsehoods and worthless generalizing in addition to showing ,like virtually every other 2011 viewer, that you don't pay attention.

>Adaptation that came out to milk FMA popularity
>A carbon copy from the source material that doesn't do a single thing better than it
>Relies in "cool" battle animations
>Dues 3/4 of its popularity to the 2003 adaptation
>Isn't even as interesting as said adaptation
>"lol Nina and Hughes are just minor deaths"

But he clearly didn't give a shit

Uhh ya user, its not something to be argued about.

You are programmed through evolution to find human faces more comforting and friendly than they other faces.
Animal characters can have relatable aspects about them but those are coming from human like qualities that you mentioned.
And human-like qualities are the same thing as saying the show is relatable to you, a human.
Brotherhood has a lot of human things in it.

Still the greatest anime.
Still the most inspiring story.
Still the most emotional.
Still the best setting.
Still the best writing.
Still the best characters.
Still the best art.
Still the best soundtrack.

Why hasn't a single anime come close since?

>Fixed

>Their mom didn't come back
They weren't trying to got their mom back anymore.

>Ed's leg did't come back
The only thing.

>Hughes didn't come back.
>Nina didn't come back.
None of them are relevant in Brotherhood, BH shits on both of them.

>Their dad dies.
He had a hard and long life and he dies with a smile.

I agree with this post

this is now a jojo post

I would say fuck you but Disappearance was neat.

2003 > Brotherhood

I'll take a silly bittersweet seinen-esque ending over terrible cliche shonen ending where characters start shooting beams at each other, the power of friendship is mentioned, and everyone lives happily ever after.

But Ed and Al did which clearly sets the example. The story literally tells you this at the end.

>He had a hard and long life and he dies with a smile.
Yes but you still feel bad if your 100 year old dad dies. Its not a happy thing for everyone.

>None of them are relevant in Brotherhood, BH shits on both of them.
Hughes wasn't relevant? How was his contribution to solving the mystery not relevant?
As for Nina, she clearly contributed to Ed's remorseful state.

>Why hasn't a single anime come close

Brotherhood is the best shonen but not the best anime ever. Your other entry level shit like hunter x hunter and berserk don't even come close to LoGH when it comes to writing. Watch more anime.

>Uhh ya user, its not something to be argued about.

You are programmed through evolution to find human faces more comforting and friendly than they other faces.
Animal characters can have relatable aspects about them but those are coming from human like qualities that you mentioned.
And human-like qualities are the same thing as saying the show is relatable to you, a human

I don't know what you trying to say here. I think that point was made clear already.

>Brotherhood has a lot of human things in it
Care to share what this means?

Kill yourself frogposter.

Was wondering how long a LoGHfag would come crawling out of the woodworks

>everything wrong with Sup Forums.jpg

/thread

Sure thing kiddo, heres an example:
youtube.com/watch?v=2CMvz0zxml8

The concept of finding someone to love. The parternship between man and women. The nervous feeling you get when you talk to a girl you like. A good looking girl. A good looking guy.

See that thing behind them? That's a train. A triumph of civilization and its eagerness to expand and explore. Ed is going to travel. The concept of adventure and learning new things. The concept of hope.

Human stuff user.

Anything with edgy commentary on religion attracts the kiddies

>muh mom
>muh bro
>muh dad

No, I was leaning more towards an explanation on why the hell would you type out a sentence like "Brotherhood has a lot of human things in it".

That's really bizarre, is English a 2nd language for you?

Heres a (You). Enjoy

You didn't answer the question, and other anime have already touched the humanhood subject, is not original because of it

>100 year old dad
Dude, he was over the thousand years. Dying was the best thing to happen for him

> How was his contribution to solving the mystery not relevant?
Okay, he was plot relevant but he wasn't relevant for us, the audience. He had very few and meaningless scenes in BH that barely anybody would have cared much about him. When he died in 2003 I fucking cried like a bitch and I skipped that episode everytime a saw it on TV because I couldn't get myself to see him dying again. In Brotherhood I didn't even blink, it was dull and nothing really felt lost.

>As for Nina, she clearly contributed to Ed's remorseful state.
Fucking no. Nina in BH is literally a nobody. Ed and Al met her one day and she died a bit after that, sure they felt bad but just like any innocent kid that suffer a gruesome death. In 2003 they spent months with her, the first episode we aren't even focused on her father's problems, it was about the Eldrics and she was there the first time Edward did a transmutation without a circle and got his state alchemist license, she was damn there in a special day for them, there was a bond between her, the protagonists and the audience.

I will, thanks I guess.

So that argument went nowhere, shame

After watching Brotherhood I immediately felt that a show about a teenager punching out a god would have resonated with me more if I had been in high school when I did so. I watched it too late to give a shit.

Though playing JRPGs in middle school about the same thing done better didn't help either.

>pretty standard shonen fare, actually. Normies don't know this

Normies have seen DBZ, YYH, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, etc. They know exactly what "standard shonen fare" looks like. What makes Hunter x Hunter different is that it handles the aspects you might expect to find in these very, very well. What makes Brotherhood different isn't that it adds things but that it simply exempts certain superficial aspects, such as calling your attack, while remaining generic at its core. It's magic system, for instance, is less heavily fleshed out than either nen or chakra and most of its villains, not just Father, are barebones when compared to even the most prominent within the Big 3.

FMA is also not silly like One Piece or Naruto.
Its has silly moments but on the whole it is a solid narrative.

The same cannot be said about Hunter x Hunter which is just a bunch of character types and unique storytelling methods. The first half of the show is literally just establishing the world and it goes on for too long, none of the characters change. Its just engaging plot that entire time.

FMA on the other hand is always doing stuff with its story. Characters are constantly changing thoughout the show. And the main characters are most certainly not generic. Ed is a deconstruction of most MCs much like Shinji.

Ichigo is also not your typical shonen MC, being different =/= being good

>But that's where the first symptoms of the manga going off the rails and starts becoming a parody begin.
I'm sorry what? Do people not like the Xing empire or Alkahestry? The latter is pivotal to Scar's character as it's what his brother was researching and what allows him to fight the homunculus even when Father blacks out Alchemy. The former gave us a small menagerie of good characters and Samurai Greed is an amazing character.

Barry never died because he was a coward and it was nice to get resolution for his weird character.

The manga is the best iteration, whether or not people like brotherhood over 2003 depends on what they want from the series. But saying that the manga goes off the rails is ridiculous, 03 goes off the rails in a bad way and I can't comment on Brother hood because I've never watched more than 3 episodes of it.

>Ed is a deconstruction of most MCs much like Shinji.
Explain further

He's a manlet

>Lacks self esteem
>Constantly reminded he is useless
>Fails to save people many times
>Nearly dies on several occasions
>Remorseful and constantly questioning his existence

Pretty sure he considers suicide at some point.

>implying 2003 isn't the better FMA

None of these things are well portrayed in Brotherhood though.

>best

It was incredibly average.

BUT it doesn't rely on asspulls or waifus and maintains its average quality throughoutt the 50-something episode run, which is impressive.

>Shit writing
>Shit filler
>Shit villian
>lolnazis
>forced edge and rape

Its shit.

But that's not Urusei Yatsura.

>forced edge and rape
What did you expect with a war? People feelling depressed just because killing is bad?

Both of these are best, nothing comes close to either of these imo. Both have been the best viewing experience I've ever had.

Don't do this. They're both great but FMAB gets ahead because it actually finished.

>characters start shooting beams at each other, the power of friendship is mentioned, and everyone lives happily ever after.

but user those are the best things

Imagine having such a bad taste that you would have to choose between shit and piss.

Lemme tell you, I just finished FMA about a month ago. I really enjoyed it. But it is sincerely overrated.

>FMA is also not flawless. It's """"comedy"""" is cringe worthy, the pacing can get atrocious. Father wasn't that great of a villain. Alphonse was a bit of a Gary Stu for the majority of the series. The zombie shit near the end was retarded and not creative at all. Winry and Ed's relationship was as bland and as standard as could be. Overall, I would still put it above HxH.
Please stop trying to critique when you don't have a clue about anything.

Wasnt that good. 6/10 all I cared about were these two.

At least FMA ended before the author fucking dies

>never watched Evangelion

I did, twice.
And I also watched FMA twice.

Like them both but you would be dumb to not realize that Evangelion is lost on someone who isn't in its mindset.
FMA is hopeful and accessible at any time in your life.

>shipping Envy with anybody but Ed
user, pls.

Please dont make jokes.

wrong.

Good but not as good as FMAB

>People actually think this embarrassment of a story is good

Now you are tying too hard.

>>Shitty and low quiality A1 Pictures animation
>A1 Pictures
user, are you retarded?

>asspull ending
Alright.

The first adaptation was way better. Its ending made much more sense desu.

>Why hasn't a single anime come close since?

Because you don't watch anything other than shonen anime.

he got it back through a philosopher stone

As opposed to shit like One Piece where it's all about muh power of friendship.

Childhood is thinking friendship is worth a damn. Adulthood is realizing family makes more sense.

none of that makes a deconstruction you fucking idiot.

Castrate yourself.

2003 was better

Archer.

>Most inspiring story

Bitch please

>marysue x marysue

yeah fma is good and all, now give me new chapters of silver spoon

>if you kill him you're no better than he is!
Had to skip through this part

>when HxH can't even do better than YuYu Hakusho.

Well neither is a Dragon Ball wannabe that goes on hiatus every year.