Is Japan ever going to get over it? Do they have to shove this in the viewers face every time they get a chance?

Is Japan ever going to get over it? Do they have to shove this in the viewers face every time they get a chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
youtube.com/watch?v=-Rrmqju74A8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They did nothing wrong.

How rude, we dropped bombs in nice rows in our bombers. By god, we aren't soviets who let them drop all willy nilly out the bay.
I know this because in War Thunder each nation's bombers drop bombs differently, with US having the neatest.

Is America ever going to get over it? Do they have to shove this in the viewers face every time they get a chance?

Without the nukes your waifu wouldn't exist.

>Zankyou no Terror
>American

If anything, that's Japan being passive aggressive and using America as the scapegoat because they're still upset.

Let them stay salty. They exist to be our proxy against China and would be fucked without us. Every other Asian country hates them for a good reason.

>In Japanese, Masaka (pronounced massacre) translates as "no way" or "impossible"

really gets the thinking going

>Masaka (pronounced massacre)
This is dostedt tier of retardation

You're right, the Japanese should never ever reference anything from WW2, regardless of its relevance to the topic at hand or how it's presented. We can't have them hurting your precious feelings.

There are americans that still fly the confederate flag.

It's completely irrelevant in the OP pic, it's from fucking Akiba's Trip. Mind explaining how this shit is even slightly related?

Sausage, user-koon

The story was that the Grandma liked Akiba back when it was a normal city, and then once it got destroyed and rebuilt into what it is today, it went to shit, so that's why she hates otaku. Can you not into ears?

I really like Urakaze.

Japan getting nuked isn't what made Akiba into an otaku shithole, that was entirely their own self serving nature that did it.

The Japanese fear the B-29

Yeah I gotta say I don't know shit about Japanese history, I'm just kind of taking what Grandma said at face value here. You might be right, I dunno, I don't feel like fucking reading about this boring shit.

Anyone want to interject?

>Is Japan ever going to get over it?
Judging by the success of In This Corner of the World, I'd say no. They love wallowing in self-pity when it comes to WW2. Those Japs never truly learned their lesson.

I like seeing b-29 American marvel of engineering praised in my anime thank you gooks for acknowledging it's power

ya know, its kinda amazing no one has used another one in 77 years

This doesn't require you to know history. How would a bomb cause this in any form? Anime and manga is a Japanese medium and Akiba is an extension of that.

Disney was the social nuke

No, that was Miyazaki. He's the nuke that keeps on giving.

>Akihabara gained the nickname Akihabara Electric Town (秋葉原電気街 Akihabara Denki Gai?) shortly after World War II for being a major shopping center for household electronic goods and the post-war black market.

Even now there is hope for man. Only reason we made it through the cold war without MAD is the people with their finger on the button chose to believe the other side wouldn't actually do it and that what their computer screens showed them was an error.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

Which is again, irrelevant to the plot point the user brought up.

is Anime electronics now?

Meanwhile in Kemono Friends, Mount Fuji got nuked down to half its original height.

Japanese fear the Gay.

Is the backstory of Kemono Friends actually that it's post nuclear dystopia or is that just speculah?

Well, I pretty clearly indirectly caused it, seeing as Akiba would probably still just be a city if it were never rebuilt and changed. You're right though, what having to rebuild a city has to do with said city becoming a haven for Otaku is most likely trivial, since all the other thousand bombed cities in Japan aren't like Akiba. Okay I see your point now. Japan really dindu nuffin.

I believe this to be a silent cry for help. They want a 3rd nuke to drop on Akiba to clear out their degenerates. Real japs hate otaku, they are a drain on society and we all know Japan has enough problems.

Pic related. Remove. America, get to it.

You North-americans are too fatalists. People may be stupid but they aren't really THAT stupid, you know. I have little doubt that despite ups and down, humankind will never actually completely destroy itself.

It's closer to post-tiberium.

The ending of the show is about revitalizing otaku culture so no.

PEACE

kain lives in death

hard gay

>Enola backwards is Alone
>Alone Gay
What did they mean by this?

Jet Alone was gay.

The only thing the japanese should reference from WW2 is Nanking

unknown
better nuke twice to find out

When will we get a Unit 731 anime with insane moe doctor girls?

What did they do that was insane?

>the bahstan masaka

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

lots of stuff

adventures in medicine

No, it's not. The main villain is complaining about the changes that occurred directly after the war and onward to the modern day. WW2 is entirely relevant as a marker of when that change began. And it's only brought up briefly and matter-of-factually, so I'm not sure why you have a problem with it.

It was the starting point that the current existence of Akiba came from.

I have no sympathy for Japan about the atomic bombing. It's not even a matter of thinking the bomb was a moral necessity, either. All the damage was a result of their government trying to play top dog of the Pacific and getting their shit kicked in. So the atomic bombing was a natural result of being the aggressor despite being outclassed; if anything they got off easy considering the omnicidal stance their own government took in disregarding its citizen's wellbeing. Any modern Japanese nationalists who express bitterness about the atomic bomb are hypocrites spewing sour grapes. This whole "boo-hoo, your war crimes were worse than our war crimes, we dindu nuffin" proves they learned nothing from history to begin with. In the most basic sense an aggressor has no right to complain no matter what fate they might suffer in retaliation. So individuals in a nationalist, aggressive nation have no right to complain either, because clearly they did nothing but fall in line. It'd be better to resist becoming part of a nation on the road to self-destructive aggression, because if that failed one's life would already be forfeit for a government which doesn't have an interest in protecting its own citizens. I contend that the Japanese Imperial government's disregard for its people is a fact when looking at the end results. This can be pithily and quite ironically summed up in a quote from the emperor's surrender speech: "bear the unbearable." As though the average peasant who hadn't eaten anything but dregs in weeks was far more upset at the idea of their government's surrender than a few more years of starvation. I really don't give a fuck that romantics insist the cultural climate wouldn't allow surrender, because there is no such thing as starving masses beholden to principle, and no amount of nationalist zeal could ever change that.

tl;dr The two bombs represent Japan's metaphorical balls being busted.

Did you even watch the show you god damn idiot.

Don't mind me. Just dropping the red pill.

>expecting people born and raised as Japanese people to just spontaneously be something completely different

I think nobody with half a brain has much sympathy for Japan's government, but not having any sympathy for the individuals who were killed is just stupid.

this thing is the reason we have anime.

thank you b-29

>we dindu nuffin: the museum

>Wuhu Japan has been won Russia in war we are ultimate warriors
>Let's attack on the most powerful country on Earth United States
>...
Aborigen idiots

In English please.

THROUGH

>feeling sorry for people who accept their circumstances

Yeah, no. Do you know what the Japanese usually say about WW2 now? "It can't be helped."

You know what I say.

Ahh, they ain't exactly dropping nukes out of those planes bud.

Outside of Akiba's Trip, when was the last major mention of this anyway?

>get masculinity nuked out of your country
>spend 70 years trying to passive aggressively show how pissed you are
>everyone just think your weird and autistic

You get the point.

will americans ever going to admit that they lose against a bout of vietnam farmers

In This Corner of the World.
Kimi no na Wa.
Zankyou no Terror.

Animu about moe scientist doing creepy science when?

agreed; The Bomb was bad but necessary
the alternative was WAY worse
youtube.com/watch?v=-Rrmqju74A8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

And USSR.

Everybody must accept their circumstances to a certain extent in order to retain their own sanities. If you're stuck in a repressive island nation then there usually aren't many options besides just laying low and hoping you don't get bombed. I mean yeah, sure, I bet most of them supported their own government, but people believe propaganda, and this is natural. A civilized man won't kill unless it's absolutely necessary, and even then, he should feel guilt to some degree for ending the life of another man. Don't nigger out on me here. Stupidity is viral, and that's a human trait that allows us to live as civilizations and flourish, and condemning people just for being part of another civilization is wrong. I'm not necessarily arguing against the nukes, as I actually think they were beneficial in the long run, but really there exists no one who deserves to be killed. There only exists motives, and people in the way of those motives. Sometimes, those motives are important enough that they merit killing. A lot of the time, it's very hard to tell if they do. But human beings should be respected by other human beings, nonetheless.

It was a controlled demolition.

To be honest, I speak shit about Hiroshima and Nagasaki not for the sake of Japan, but for the sake of not having my own skin seared by nuclear fire.

>salty
gb2twitch

>I'm not necessarily arguing against the nukes, as I actually think they were beneficial in the long run
Stop posting.

Learning some manners of behavior are never in vain. They are deserved.

>Younger Chinese and Korean people are becoming more amicable to Japan than ever before
>Just as America is taking it's nosedive and Eurasia is winning
God is a weeb.

>wanting commie east and capitalist west Japan

Why watch anime when one could spend their time getting butthurt over absolutely fucking nothing?

I really hope that changes soon with Trump. I voted for him knoing that it could be a possibility. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's horrible but I really just want him to nuke China since the rest of the world won't miss them and we don't have to pay them shit anymore.

Did you? The character's motivations are from Japan going to shit from their own vain culture, shoving in bombings has nothing to do with anything.

>Every other Asian country hates them for a good reason.
Let me guess, the only "asian" countries you know of are japan, china, and korea, am I right?

not soon enough

You can't win a nuclear war, retard.

Let me rephrase: "Every other Asian country that matters"

Go back to facebook, frognigger.

China's nukes won't even reach us and nobody else would dare fire a nuke on us if we did it.See, this is what makes America so great, we're dumb fucks but we're the ones on top, if we go down the entire fucking world goes to shit. Whose gonna miss China? What positive impact have they had on the world besides those dresses that look hotter on non chinese babes? The only other thing in this planet that would be an acceptable nuke would be the entire middle east, that place is nothing but death and destruction.

I'd say there's a significantly higher chance of him just getting sick of dealing with North Korea and nuking them instead

The shift of the Earth's orbit.

Earth is flat, don't believe what lying liberal media tells you

>Not driven by dolphin and whale

Guys I really don't want to get into a war I just had to sign up for the selective service and I'm freaking the fuck out here. I don't wanna go to Mexico but I will if it means dying in Mexico instead of Korea.

>China's nukes won't even reach us
>But the US ones will reach China because yes.
I don't know what they taught you in school, but the distance from China to the US is the same from the US to China.

Flat planets are cannot live long in space. Earth have ellipsoid form because is only way to be.

A little of both. We know shit went down, but we have no idea what the condition of the world is outside of the park.

>bombed some murrican military base
>killed a bunch of subhuman commie chinks
>were friends with based Hitler
So why exactly were Japs bad again?

>nuking North Korea
For what purpose? It'll just start even bigger shit with China.

>For what purpose?
Fun