Isekai Sterility

Why are isekai novels not copying Overlord's formula?

It looks like only ReZero and "Muh Fantasy SOL" are getting the ripoff treatment.

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/my-entire-class-was-summoned-to-another-world-except-for-me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Make Ainz a bishounen teen but perhaps a bit more underdogish
Like this?

>Make Ainz cute girl
>but still blatantly evil
Can't believe nobody did think of that, it would sell like hotcakes.

I would like Isekai more if the MC was not such an overpowered mary sue. It saddens me that things like Konosuba has more merit than "serious" Isekai.

But Overlord IS the sterility.

Your bait game needs more work, user-san.

There's tons of Isekai that make the MC ridiculously OP from the start user.

Because Overlord is the shittiest.

So... Re Zero?
Subaru started out as a fucking weakling sissy with 0 skills other than to literally kill himself.
Log Horizon didn't have them be too OP either, the main character was a debuffer who only had support spells and they had to use teamwork to get shit done.
Meanwhile in Konosuba Kazuma has the highest luck stat ever achieved by anyone, Aqua is a literal goddess and Megumin can use the strongest spell in the universe.

There are rezero ripoffs?

And worthless at everything else. Can't even wear plate mail.
Unreliable as fuck.
One shot chump.

>Muh Evil Wiz LN

Keep dreaming

>what is youjo Senki

They are mostly glorified NTR novels with some isekai thrown in.

I think isekai focussed stories aren't the ones to blame here.
It's the general stale cash grab nature of studios
and publishers thinking that 'gimmick' was popular let us run it into the ground mentality.

I just wish the time when it was popular to do science fiction tropes comes back in the anime and manga scene.

A disconnected pile of shit with a halfassed 'magic n sheeit' WWI ripoff that utterly fails to make you care about a single thing besides doujins if you are a lolicon and even that is questionable

>Why are isekai novels not copying Overlord's formula?
Are you purposely trying to garner more hate for Overlord?

>Isekai
>Reincarnated as an overpowered hero or villain

Swords are the real patrician choice

Sauce, comrade?

No No No No No No No No No No No No

THe formatting makes this hard to read, but I like it

This had potential, right up until he told her to use [Equip] on him so she could access his [Skills].

Maybe LoGH remake will usher in some good space opera. I doubt it, though.

More

Which part of the formula? There aren't carbon copies but there's plenty that take sections of it and spin it in their own way. The Amber Sword does this and it's been real entertaining so far. Brendel is practically Touch Me but toned down to mere veteran-tier so that there's some semblance of tension in the action and plot.

More.

I'd jump into his bowl immediately.

novelupdates.com/series/my-entire-class-was-summoned-to-another-world-except-for-me/

Would this be considered better or worst?

>brendel finds a magic OHKO ring right at the start to carry him through the early game
>he also gets a drake sword (thorn of light) and free gargoyle summon because the ring wasn't OP enough
>and he gains a super special class that no one else has that lets him use magic the gathering cards as his power
>he can also turn people into cards
>and he gets cards as drops from enemies that can't even use them

The only way there can possibly be any tension is when he fights enemies 3x higher in level than him, and even then you know he'll defeat them with his cheats. At least in shit like So What If It's An RPG World the main character would often get his ass kicked and die when he tried fighting people that overleveled him.

There's nothing left in this world for me to see.

He nearly died right at early game and we still don't know how he lived when undying ran out and he was still bleeding like mad with Romaine not finding a poultice.

He also had to stab himself and race against the timer when scrounging for the key to the tomb because his garbage stats couldn't let him dig for the key fast enough.

He also had zero percent chance of fighting against Tirste and possibly even the Executioner even with his Planeswalker Holy Sword and mercenaries, all he could do was survive for a bit and hope to leave but ultimately felt it was too slim compared to bluffing his way.

His planeswalker system is already proven to not be exclusive what so ever, not even a highlander THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE deal or a Sith Lord/Apprentice THERE BE ONLY BE TWO AT A TIME thing.

So I have no idea what half of what you posted meant, while the other half is merely pointing at the instances where his overpowered shit DID help him overcome the odds on his own.

In fact, he would have died to Ebdon if Freya didn't intervene, and he clearly did not plan for that to happen. That's Thorns of Light, Stone Gargoyle, Ring of Wind Empress (lol 30 damage got cleaved into nothing), Spell Reversal, and those elemental bracers he got from the previous fodder, all that and you know how many blows he landed on Ebdon the entire fight? 3. Those 3 hits only landed after his Undying went off.

And don't tell me you guessed how the last chapter was gonna end, no one predicted anywhere it was gonna be negotiations other than rawfags.

>lol he barely beat ebdon so there's totally tension

Ebdon was supposed to be a lategame boss and he beat him as a level 15ish shitter. Of course shit's going to be more difficult when he's sequence breaking, that doesn't mean he isn't an overpowered gary stu like every other isekai protagonist.

If you're gonna go that far by using hindsight to say everything is obvious then naturally nothing in the world of fiction is anything but obvious or has any tension unless it's an ensemble cast where the protagonist dies randomly out of nowhere and you get a new one.

Please tell me which series you would recommend to have tension that can't be easily knocked out if we just act like every trope is predictable.

> Switching to terrible pov tonal shifts (Ainz's pov of shy guy to some other character where it is all serious and shit) and long-ass narrative of literal who.
Still shit, bitch.

>long-ass narrative

You seem to have ADD.

what teh fuck

> Have to read dozens of pages worth of reading a jobber like Climb or the scam artist with a shallow sob story of imouto right before he fucking gets disintegrated by Solution.
Fuck you. Or do you want me to also mention the sadistic asshole pov that kills, rapes and tortures women going on and on about the princess right before he dies?

You just proved my point, you clearly have ADD.

MORE

user, you're a fucking retard if you can attempt to call out on some mental disorder just because I told the truth and gave examples within Overlord. And don't give me bullshit of "layman" to label me with ADD. Stop your bullshit.

Your sperging is continually reinforcing my point even further. Not everyone graduated from the hood and has issues reading a normal book.

Someone sounds triggered, let me guess, you're french

Because Re:Zero is actually good?

Get out

> Reinforcing my point
You had one?
> Has issues reading a normal book.
I criticized Overlord for this tedious bullshit of pov and making bad tonal shifts. Then you came in and called me out for mental impairment. If you think by attempting to label me with disorders is going to deflect criticisms I've made to Overlord and attempting to do so over and over to hopefully make yourself believe that you're right, then I don't need credentials to realize you're a lunatic thatwants to suck the boner from a living skeleton.

>You had one?

Scroll up, it's in 3 capitalized letters. Thanks for proving my point that you have it though.

I already called out on your "diagnosis". Point about ADD? Didn't you bother reading about my point about you? I already know it yet you repeat it like some computer attempting to make a printer print a paper. What are you, insane?

sick meme

You calling me out has proven nothing but my own point, you are just too stupid to understand the irony of it. I'm keeping my posts short because you have ADD friend.

LN with a Mankyrie Underduke who brainwashes the local dungeon and slowly conquers the world by cucking rulers of their harems

Well if they started emulating Overlord, they would completely misinterpret what people like it about it. They'd make their heroes stupidly powerful without having everything Overlord has to accommodate that.

Why cant it be a mermaid mankyrie?

Landfags and Skyfags always hog the fun!

I've proven nothing. I asked a rhetorical question and you responded the same way over again. You've only proven my point that you're insane because you keep repeating the "ADD" claim.

>I've proven nothing.

You saying so doesn't make it so, and everyone can clearly tell you have ADD and assburgers.

Keep digging yourself a hole though, it's funny.

Why arent you mentioning Commander Demiurge?

Is that some tripfag? I haven't followed OL threads in ages.

And what does you having to repeat the same claim to hopefully make yourself believe that you're right when you're not not make you insane? I criticized Overlord and you called me out on "ADD" when I clearly don't and actual read it despite it being shit. Keep repeating yourself calling me out on some mental disorder. It's sad having to read a guy who can't understand a rhetorical question and is insane.

If it isn't called "Другий-мир Путин", fuck that guy.

You do have ADD, you proved you have it when you complained about something only people with ADD have, which is switching POV onto side characters and 'long-ass narratives'.

You're literally Common Core tier at best. I can count the number of IQ you'd score on two hands.

You are right user, mermaid mankyries (whale) are the patrician choice, and Landfags and Skyfags should get BTFO

Is that centaur milk?

Oh, so you want to get all technical on me about ADD? What did I fucking say here ?
Did you understand what I meant regarding the pov? It's the fact that the tonal shift is inappropriate in Overlord. You have the side characters like Demiurge or some other servant of Nazarick with a serious tone in their pov where there's respect for Ainz or some other affair. And you switch to Ainz's perspective where "wah, I'm shy... I hope I can try to make everyone seem like I'm intending and making my image still good!" Also, when I mean long-ass, I mean you get more than 50 pages of some uninspired narrative from Climb about his life and what's going on which was fucking boring to read. Moreover, you get some shallow backstory drop of the swindler right before he dies regarding his sister and how she was sold and he became part of the life of crime. This is just shallow putting some sob story background pov right before a person dies to a slime. Not to mention the pov sadistic asshole torturing and sexually assaulting a woman while he goes on and on complaining about the princess for pages on end until he gets slapped to death. Rinse and repeat with more jobbers to add. You expect me to consider this book to be good? Praise it? Fuck you and your "diagnosis".

>replies with wall of text to ADD accusations
Are you retarded?
Not him though.

Stop samefagging.

He naturally is, why do you think I bothered to keep replying to him? It's been a long time since we got a genuine ADD handicapped kid getting angry instead of just typical shit posters backpedaling, though this guy's backpedaling gives them a run for their money thanks to his authentic retard genes.

Kek now you're even paranoid on top.

That other user didn't need to samefag before and I don't see why he need to start it now.
Your mental disorders are self-evident.
It's either that or you're fifteen.
Oh, okay.
I just rolled in, lured by the pic of Ainz and was wondering what's going on when I saw a guy walling up the thread with his verbal diarrhea.
Wondered what's going on.

And we have a genuinely insane jackass who tries to label people with mental disorders (especially ADD) without reflecting on his own situation and deflecting criticism. But who am I kidding? You proved it to be so long ago.

It's more about actual conquest without long political shit and the mc doing whatever benefits him.

I've never insulted you based on your disability user, I'm simply laughing at how you're backpedaling so hard and getting defensive at me exposing you for the retard you are. All you had to do was admit you had ADD and that Overlord, a book for teenagers, is too high level for you despite being isekai bait.

> He
How do you know if he's a guy?

Because we're on Sup Forums Sup Forums and I'm not an idiot to believe there are any females posting there.

I'm not backpedaling for shit.
> Admit I have ADD
I don't. But you keep repeating it like some lunatic.
> is too high level
No it's not. I gave you reasons, and you keep repeating ADD.

>admit that I'm right
Let me remind you that you're on Sup Forums. That doesn't happen, ever.
Also please stop repeating ADD like it's your verbal tic. Would be appreciated.

Your reasoning is poor and invalid, as proven by how everyone in this thread agrees while you accuse us all of samefagging in denial.

You haven't proven shit, all you've done is prove I'm right while denying it. It's pretty funny how many different ways you can prove yourself wrong though.

>That doesn't happen, ever.
That just makes it more enjoyable when I make it happen.

That's the wrong response, samefag. The real answer would be this shit.
> Unless you have a pic of boobs while holding a timestamp indicating that you are the user, you are automatically assumed to be male.

n-nani

The fact that your baitdar is THAT broken proves there are many things wrong with you.
Inability to follow the story with many subplot and side characters IS one of the symptoms of ADD.
We've had a genuine ADD retard in Overlord thread once who confessed he can't hold more than 5-10 pages in memory and constantly forgets plot points.
Are you by any chance him, but on medication, but still failing to understand Overlord?

Who the fuck are you talking to here?
And why is it poor and invalid?

Actually, Overlord has copied from the formulas of the Demon Lord story and the Antiheroic Tale, which sadly didn't take off that hard as the other kinds of LN stories. The author simply spun the concept to apply to RPG isekai, like adding the gaming background and RPG concepts.

It doesn't, really. Sup Forums is not your sandbox.

>That's the wrong response
Don't tell me how to live my life.
>Unless you have a pic of boobs
Why would I want shitty 3D boobs?
Are you filthy /soc/ crossboarder in addition to being ADD retard?

>It doesn't, really. Sup Forums is not your sandbox.

Well it's either that or he gets a seizure. I win either way.

It's called redundancy. And even someone like you don't understand.
The boobs is from (You).

>And even someone like you don't understand.

No I'm pretty sure that user understands grammar unlike you.

>redundancy
Are step-by step vendor manuals are, by any chance, your favorite kind of read?
You know, the simple ones: where everything is crystal clear and one action is succeeded by another and everything is labeled according to chronological order?

You're calling out on grammar now?
> Calls out on grammar
> Doesn't even put a comma after "No"
user, stop being hypocritical here.

Nah judging from his posts he probably has difficulty making sense of IKEA diagrams.

Close enough.

I don't run out of breath after the first word unlike you tubby. Casual sentences are different than grammatical errors, no one ever says "even someone like you don't understand" in real life, not even in text speak.

Nice try though.

Yes.
The milk Putin is drinking is the centaur's milk.
Incidentally, the human part of the centaur does not have breasts. The breasts on a centaur are located on the horse part.
The centaur (Hyodoronus, as opposed to Putin's friend, Hyodoronov) is female.

but everyone on Sup Forums is a cute anime girl

Yes, this is the paradox of Sup Forums.

Why the fuck are you on about some linear story narrative? I criticized how bad the pov is and how dull your fucking sub story is. Fuck you.
When does a Scandinavian furnishing company have anything with a story structure? That's a fucking vague analogy.
You would have a sense of punctuation, dipshit. Otherwise, you'd be talking like one of those real fucking geniuses at those highschools where they have no eye-contact, read from the paper all fast, and have a lack of cooperation from the audience within a debate. But you decided to go after grammar now (which is fucking petty).

nah hes from that one country that got taken over in 3 minutes. fuck I wish they were relevant enough to actually know what that place is

>That's a fucking vague analogy.

Yeah for someone whose never gone out of your basement for the past 10 years of your life, I imagine it is. I'm glad I didn't ask anything unreasonable like telling you to proving you can do your taxes, it would just annoy your mom.

That's not WWI.
>Disconnected
Do you often feel disconnected from world and others user?