Will there ever be another protagonist as entertaining and complex as Lelouch?

Will there ever be another protagonist as entertaining and complex as Lelouch?

I don't need better, I just need more Lelouch

Probably not. It's been like how many years now and I've yet to find anything else as entertaining as Geass was. I don't think Japan has it in them anymore.

naruto is

How are they gonna bring him back?

Light: We actually get to hear his inner monologue, follow his train of thought and understand the reasoning behind his strategies

Lelouch: HURR DURR SECRETLY I PLANTED BOMBS UNDER THE FLOOR ALL ALONG NOW I PRESS BUTTON AND WIN >:D

Light >>>> Lelouch

i think they're both one in the same with the same kind of internal monologue, just Lelouch's are more aggressive

>Code geass came out 10 years ago

Because he was in the fucking cart at the end of the series.

Also because he can't die due to Geass.

ive never seen code geass.
do i start watching this tonight?

code

Yes. Considered a classic, and a personal favorite. I love me an intelligent, multifaceted and take-charge protagonist.

>code gayass
>complex

For me no other MC managed to trump him. I'm overjoyed he's coming back
I didn't think light was entertaining. DN was, but watching a psychopath who thinks he's entitled to judge people because of a God complex didn't really entertain me

>Light >>>> Lelouch
This takes me back.

In DN, the audience follows Light. We're in on his schemes.
In CG, the audience witnesses Lelouch. We're his spectators.

Why don't they just make the guy who wrote Lelouch create another MC like him?
I know Lulu is based on Char, but it's been 9 years since R2 ended and we still haven't got someone this entertating.

>still watching shounen

and he's beautiful too

okouchi is a hack. He hit the jackpot once, won't happen again

>Light >>>> Lelouch
It's like 2007 all over again

>became the God emperor of the world
>still acts awkward as fuck around women
He ain't special

R3

>still acts awkward as fuck around women

No he didn't, at all. You seem to be mistaking somebody having more pressing concerns than sex with being awkward.

>revenge-ridden noodle person
>interesting

Discount Light was shit though

It's not gay if it's Lelouch.

Okay but death note was shit overall.

It's still gay but there's nothing wrong with it, do it for him

I hate pretty much all revenge stories so this wasn't for me.

You're acting as if he didn't thought of the bomb placement and use it as a strategy instead of spoonfeeding to the audience everything about their motives.

Yes

You're missing out on all those entertaining byronic characters

>No he didn't, at all.
Lelouch pretends not to care by trying to detach himself, which is fun when people get under his skin.

Yes we already had one op, Subaru from re zero. And he was arguably more interesting and complex than lelouch.

Honestly when I think about it, Lelouch pretty much carried the entirety of Geass for me. I love the show but without the kind of showmanship he brought as Zero, the thing is a complete shitfest. Never cared about Charles or any of those people much really. They were all just pieces for him to knock down.

I liked Death Note's entire cast more in general. Yeah I liked Near.

>not Umaru

>yeah I liked near
No you liked L, and you liked his copy and paste as well bc he was like l

I like Near too.

Mello was the shit one. "I'm going to do something random because muh chaos".

They both great, It's been 11 years and I'm still waiting for mc as entertaining as them

Look no further, Subaru from re zero is the answer.

>complex
You best be fucking joking, nigger

reminder that lelouch and orange are going to be a team again. I almost feell sorry for their enemies

That faggot is just annoying. Rezero is shit.

>tfw Hollywood will make a DN/CG crossover in the inevitable anime cinematic universe

Daily reminder that if you think a sequel will "ruin" anything, CG is too complicated for you:

>The reason for Lelouch to implement the Zero Requiem

>And here we come to one of the most important and strangely least understood points, despite the precise characterization of Lelouch's character in terms of moral values, behavior and underlying psychology and the scene in which Lelouch speaks to Suzaku about his decision in the throne room, in end of the last episode of R2.
>Lelouch decided to sacrifice himself to realize his ideal in the world, to give humanity a world finally free of conflict where justice can reign, literally to "give everyone a world of peace."

>Those who regard Lelouch as a depressed repentant who wants to kill himself just to "redeem himself" from the "evil" he has done (...) simply proves not to have understood the essence of the character, his values, and his psychology: he is often sorry for the circumstances that led to the loss of some of his loved ones, but he never regretted anything about his ideals or the path taken.
>He is saddened and sorry but he never got even remotely close to real repentance, at best he asks himself questions or have momentary doubts that, however, disappear when he realizes of having to keep on following the path he chose, and the theme of redemption - stating, however, that even textually his atonement "is accomplished by going forward" - in his case remains completely overshadowed by the desire to create a peaceful world for Nunnally and for all humanity. If you misunderstand this point, you end up mistaking Lelouch's thought for that of Suzaku, in which the theme of personal atonement is instead pivotal since the beginning.
>It is no coincidence that, for this reason, the two have faced ideologically for most of the series.

You disgust me user. Fullsize your images before you save them.

>Another misinterpretation is often attributed to the phrase: "You can shoot only those who are ready to receive the bullet," which does not mean that anyone who commits a crime must necessarily repent and convert to the "holiness" by accepting a penalty, instead representing the titanic thrust that leads an individual to struggle and fight for their ideals, for the loved ones, for your community or humanity itself at the cost of constantly risk their lives, like Lelouch since the beginning.

>Far from being an element of "repentance for their sins" (...), his sacrifice can be interpreted consistently with his character only as reaching the final phase of its existential and moral path, leading him at the same time to the nemesis derived from owning and using the Geass - prescribed by the CC at the time of the pact - and catharsis (...) that allows, through the acceptance of a punishment imposed to himself and from himself, to cease to be just a man and become a hero.(...)

>Understanding this, we can also understand how after all, his being alive or dead is entirely secondary and unimportant: what matters is its symbolic and public death, that of Emperor Lelouch vi Britannia to the world, not the physical disappearance Lelouch of the person.
>So the sequel, if it was at least at the level of the first two series and consistent with them on the basis of these premises, is not inconsistent with the story nor the ending, nor the characterization: we can only wait and hope for its success.

(loosely translated from Code Geass Italia)

Interesting, thanks user.

Ignoring that fact that this thread is complete irony and shit posting, is Gayass worth watching?

You shouldn't be here if you haven't seen it.

entertaining, sure. Complex? What drugs are you on?

user, I don't care about spoilers as I don't have autism. I just want to know if it's worth watching. All I hear is praise from normal fags but my concern is it will be shit like Death Note or RE:Zero, given the same people have recommended me it. Don't want to waste 16 hours on something I won't end up liking.

You misunderstand me user. I mean you shouldn't be posting on Sup Forums at all if you haven't seen it.

The ending does not disappoint.

wait a minute

did people actually think zero requiem was just his way of repenting for his sins?

I thought it was pretty common understanding among CG fans.

If you didn't get some enjoyment out of Deathnote I'd personally recommend watching Nisekoi on repeat.

I enjoyed Death Note for what it was up until L died, the directing was still entertaining as ever but the writing was atrocious and soiled the series as a whole for me.

But this doesnt negate that R2 ending was one of the best endings in anime and doing a third season would only add innecesary shit to a perfectly finished story.

I haven't seen it due to the ungodly hype behind it for the longest time. Hype will heighten my expectations and may disappoint me, so I always wait for it to die down before watching something.

The hype will never die.

>perfectly finished story
I'm sorry, which part of this is perfectly finished?
>Suzaku is alive and without purpose
>Lulu and CC are still alive and adventuring thru the world
>power vaccuum created countless new wars
It was a requiem for Britannia, nothing more.

It's been like what, 7 years or some shit? Might as well watch it now before the "hype" for the 3rd season gets to you and you end up waiting a fucking decade.

>Fucks up the best chance at peace by geassing Euphie
>Just ignores it and keeps going with his retarded convoluted plan
Lelouch was fucking retarded. He ruined so many lives for a solution that was ultimately worse than Euphies.

>did people actually think zero requiem was just his way of repenting for his sins?
Believe it or not, that's what the majority of people actually think

>CG live action
I would start to pretend Hollywood has never existed

Kirito

Believe me, its worth watching. There's a scene thats going to cause you an aneurysm

>ignores it
No he didn't. He capitalized on this tragedy as much as he could. Because the least he could do for Euphemia after that was to try and make the world a better place just like he had promised

>He capitalized on this tragedy as much as he could
If by capitalizing you mean shrugging his shoulders then continuing his original plan as if nothing had happened, sure.

if he gave up then her death would have been for nothing

Her death was his fault in the first place, because his plan was shit.

But everything worked out in the end, the world moved forward

Obviously not since there's going to be a 3rd season

Are you one of these retards who think zero requiem was about everlasting peace? Britannia as it was before got destroyed and most of nations united. This helped people to move away from war for a while and take care of problems like famine and try to recreate a better world.
Lelouch never assumed his plan would end all conflicts forever

>Will there ever be another protagonist as entertaining and complex as Lelouch?

>Lelouch never assumed his plan would end all conflicts forever
I know, which is why he's completely retarded. Killing a bunch of people for a short period of peace makes him a murderer, a monster and a huge scumbag. He achieved NOTHING in the long run and sacrificed everyone he ostensibly cared about to achieve that nothing. What a fucking idiot Lelouch is.

I'd say turning a superior opressive empire into a pretty much powerless nation and make them join united nations is something. Britannia's colonees gained independence

Hououin Kyouma

Yeah, but things couldn't have continued on as they were.
Fucks sake japan was a slave nation under britinan rule and they were seconds away from taking over the fucking planet.

He dismantled that empire, wiped out the memory of the bloody princess, and created a heroic figure to keep an eye on the momentary peace and help build something that would maintain it for at least 100 years.

>Hououin Kyouma
sonuvabitch

>help build something that would maintain it for at least 100 years.
It didn't even last 10. He sacrificed everyone he cared about for an Iraq style boondoggle where a dictator is ousted and leaves the entire region even shittier than it was before. Thanks Lelouch.

The problem is no anime originals these days go for 2x 26 episode seasons which open up the possibility of giving the main character depth. Everything these days is shitty 12 or rarely 26 episode LN adaptations which cut out character depth to fit in the events.

This, i miss seasons that had multiple orginal anime airing

Okabe