Attack on Titan

Well guys we had to wait years and all we are getting is 12 episodes.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-30/attack-on-titan-season-2-listed-with-12-episodes/.114151

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/847616206429224961
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what happens when you wait half a decade to capitalize on a cash cow.

Jesus Christ.

I was just about to make this thread. I don't doubt that it will get licensed for more episodes.

Has it really been 5 years? I've been ignoring AoT studiously since it became popular with normalfags.

Probably testing the waters. It made too much money for them to not do as much as the source material will allow.

That's kinda weird, but it could also be to ensure the studio actually gets shit done on time this time around.

Four years, which is the entire timespan of their target demographic. Most of the people who would have been watching it, teenagers, would be out of highschool now.

4. it ended in 2013

Where does the time go, 我が友達よ

WIT have got other projects on their plate so this makes sense if they don't want to kill their staff from overwork.

Thanks god it's only 12 episodes. WIT always fucks their action-heavy shows' production, seems like they learnt from their lessons.

The anime hype will die for a lot of people after this

Manlet is an janitor on Sup Forums.
>Delete anime studio employers and drawfags.
>Leave grapefag.
Just like in my korean wall paintings.

Oh FUCK off.

>WIT always fucks their action-heavy shows' production, seems like they learnt from their lessons.
Kabaneri was 12 episodes

Yeah but IIRC, they were working on Empire of Corpses and Magus Bride at that time.

It's ended in november 2014, which is 2.5 years.

Fuck, don't mind, it's endlish dub air date lol.

>Titans
Why didn't they translated it properly? It's Attack of the Giants.

That's not how you spell Shingeki No Kyojin, your OP pic is tiny and your thread is shit.

I am so unbelievably mad.

I was excited for the first season before it aired and was disappointed because of all the animation errors and shit like that. I caught up with the manga and was excited for the second season, but then this happens.

I am never getting excited for anything SnK again. Wow, fuck this.

Endgame right here, brothers.

I feel like it's too late. The hype has come and gone, does anyone even care about the series anymore? I heard the manga get worse and my favorite character dies.

Alright, seriously, someone explain to me why anyone likes this show. Not trying to start shit, but I'm just not seeing it.

Even elevens knows they cant capitalize a political plot, the edgy gorefest from the season 1 was far more marketable.

I want more cute spin-off material!

People have different tastes.

Man, you know, FUCK this. Everyone expected the normal amount of eps. Not to mention this means seasons will probably this length from now on. I'm seriously pissed at this BS

>hasn't reached even top 100
What a disaster.

Where were you when we got a ridiculous spinoff before S2? We heard serious crucial lines parodied before we actually got to hear it for real.

Wow, it's like it didn't even air yet.

So many entitled fans ITT

>To people disappointed by Attack of Titans S2 being only 12ep. Sad but there is a real shortage of staff because of anime overproduction.

>It's now nearly impossible to produce 26ep high-quality shows.Studios are already doing their best within the schedule they get from clients

twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/847616206429224961

It's one of the biggest hits of all-time. How could they not find the proper support for it?

I don't know what's wrong with some people, I'm just really happy Utgard will be animated.

Fuck dubs

The first season sold 54k on average, with these kind of numbers you'd expect at least 1-2k people to preorder S2 already.

Its not like the first season was high quality to begin with

Do people on Sup Forums really watch this? It's fucking pleb shit.

you'd think that a show with this level of popularity would have good productions

people are going to jump this ship after this shit, i know it

if anything theyll only read the manga

I hope you get raped later in life

To be fair it's their own fault for setting the bar so high.

Japanese animation is just shit, there's a reason why animators have been saying, "Japanese animation is dead/dying" for years now and it wasn't a meme.

it is fucking pleb shit but the manga is good enough to semi redeem it

>t. Dubfag

Literally going to end with what Eren's doing in OPs picture.

Is this the official snk thread?

Dude, dubs are almost always better than subs. The only reason someone should watch subs over dubs is if they can speak fluent Japanese, which none of you idiots can speak or understand a lick of.

i think so

Saya > Hotaru

>none of you idiots
Not everyone is you, m8.

The amount of entitlement people have coupled with ignorance towards the legitimate reasons behind this decision is just mind blowing to me.

SnK's fanbase is not the smartest.

>tfw your girlfriend gave you a new jean keychain
>tfw jean is going to be on your tv again in two days
>tfw jean!

Even the studio knows the politic arc is such a piece of shit that they're stopping before it begins.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is season 2 really coming out april 2nd?

Don't pretend that your mom is your girlfriend, it's creepy

Go back to Sup Forums dipshit.

Fleshing out Clash of the Titans is probably a good idea and if they do it good it might convince more normies to sit through Uprising.

I just scratched my ass.
Decided to sniff my hand.
I have some regrets.

Easier said than done when the studio have other clients pushing to get their own projects out quickly. It also doesn't help that the attrition rates for amimators is quite high due to low wages and poor working conditions. Only the crazy and/or skilled are able to survive the tough initial years of getting paid shit.

>all we are getting is 12 episodes

I fail to see the problem here. The people making it happen obviously aren't trying to blue-ball everyone, they're doing what they see is viable. Just let it happen and watch it. They'll probably keep making seasons or just let it end like Berserk 1997 and we'll get a shitty CGI titan 20 years from now, in which case we read the mango.

So as someone who hasn't watched the show or read the manga, is it true that they've already shown the best there is and it's all downhill after season 1?

Heard from several people that after the female titan arc the story gets worse as it goes

They're probably trying to avoid another clusterfuck of a production like the first season. The studio had to get help from all over just to get things done.

If it wasn't for the subtitles, you'd have no idea what's going on.

Go to Japan, it's not the kawai anime-land that you think it is. In fact, the only difference between Japan and the US is the jobs people have, the language they speak, what they eat, and what television shows they watch. Also Japan is way more redpilled.

Nice poopoo haiku disgusting user

>is it true that they've already shown the best there is
No. The best that there is will be this new season.

Just read the manga PLEASE. Don't give a damn about this no-patrician adaptation of it.

>waiting 4 years to see old as fuck events getting animated

no one cares about it at this point, fickle normalfags already moved on to Isekai fad and mangafags are reading chapters out of habit now since the series lost its charm and sense of desperation.

Utgard is great and uprising is alright but after that, it all goes down hill

i can testify i began highschool with watching aot and spent the six semesters(3 years) of highschool waiting for season 2 to be announced, the closest thing we got to post wall reveal events being animated were the 2015 recap movies on the pretense season 2 qould be out by 2016 the time i was getting out of highschool it would have been great to get season 2 by the time i was graduating but no we get a giant middle finger saying fuck you buy the bds

>you'd have no idea what's going on.
>No one has the capability to understand moon.

>Go to Japan, it's not the kawai anime-land that you think it is. In fact, the only difference between Japan and the US is the jobs people have, the language they speak, what they eat, and what television shows they watch. Also Japan is way more redpilled.
What does this have to do with anything?

It kind of depends. If you want a straight up action and a lot of 3DMG stuff the peak is either Female Titan or the arc that is about to air in season 2. Depending on what you want you'll either love or absolutely loathe the Uprising arc that would air in the third season should it happen.

>interrogation marks
I still laugh

>Sakurada Reset gets two cours
>but one of the biggest hits of all time can't

>uprising
holy fuck how much time did we spent on that arc late 2013-early 2015? jesus did things slow the fuck down

Shit happens. I.G. is heavily invested in The Magus Bride and wants WIT to be ready to handle two-cours of it. Doing two cours of SnK as well will kill the studio.

And it didn't even end up being the lowest point of the manga.

I wouldn't consider myself a big fan, but I liked the latter half of Uprising and Return to Shiganshina the best. The fight in Return to Shiganshina was amazing. I liked the reveal about the world but I don't know if others do.

If anyone was reading the manga, you learn that the story will start to go to crap a few episodes in. I guess they wanted the anime to end at the beginning of the decent. Only animeonlynewfags care about AoT at this point and it alarms me that there are this many here.

JUST

This.

Watch it be split cour, they just want to make sure the first part sells before announcing it.

That's just shitty excuses from shitty studio bosses who are too cheap and too dumb to manage their assets.

That doesn't make any sense. Uprising and Return to Shiganshina are perfectly suited to be a story told in one continuous season.

It's a a shitty situation, but most studios don't have the financial muscle or manpower to dictate their own terms. That's the truth of the industry, not mere excuses.

fucking WIT

They deserve their lot and the stress that burns them out if they don't try to improve their situation.

Annie when?

Outside of a flashback? Probably 2030

Jean will do nothing in the second season as usual and barely appear. Except getting saved by Armong at the end.

Do you like her?

He'll save Mikasa and that's it.

Ambivalent, her fags are really annoying though.

And she ignores is and goes after Eren. Kek.

He has a smaller spot in the poster than fucking SC do.

>2017 Sup Forums

>she tries to kiss Eren right afterwards
Did Jean prep the bull?

Oh, that's a shame.