I saw it, I liked it. Fight me.

Why is she so ugly?

That's a mirror you're looking into.

Not anime,

Don't try to fit in.

3DPD

Can't fight with a braindead retards.

What's the name of that movie again?

So what's this I hear about the plot involving literal whitewashing?

Poltergeist in the matroschka.

Fuck off.

Darn it user I was going to post something similar.

Spook in the Jar

please leave

Spirit in the Gadget

Spectre in the Crustacean

in the beginning she wakes up as ScarJo with no memory. They tell her that her parents died.
Later she finds out her mother is alive and she's Japanese, real name Motoko

Dragon Ball evolution

Taco in the Bell

Pig in a Blanket

The movie is just boring and they hit you over the head with a sledge hammer about GHOSTS and SHELLS

ACTUAL REAL SPOILER FOR THE MOVIE

Scarlet Johansens Major character is named Kate Maury or something like that and it's revealed that persona is fake and they took the brain of a runaway girl named Motoko Kisragi (whatever it is) and put it in the body.

and they call it Sup Forums shit

Meat in the Taco

kek

plan 9 from outter space

La Emolientera del Futuro.

>that spoiler

why though.

Phantom with a Suit

no ambiguity allowed in a big budget western movie

>spoiler
You're fucking with me

Out-of-body-experience in the body

Spirit in the Exoskeleton

Jason goes to Hell

For a Live-Action American-made Big Budget anime adaption, it was actually pretty good. I liked all the visuals and I thought the twist about her real name and body was pretty neat

Maybe it's just cause my standards were super low, but I totally see it again in 3D.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Please tell me you're lying

remember that your ticket sale will be at fault for the live action cowboy bebop in a few years

The original Makoto was a runaway girl living in the Lawless Area with a bunch of other kids. They were rounded up and used as experiments to make super soldiers. We even see Makoto's mom and she's a Japanese woman who I'm pretty sure is just reading her lines phonetically.

There's a Cowboy Bebop reference in the movie

Is Keanu Reeves still considered for the role of Spike Spiegal?

Keanu Reeves will be nearly 60 by the time that movie gets made, and Hollywood sucks at casting, so I'd say no.

That is one of the worst aspects about it

They constantly say that your GHOST is your brain and the SHELL is your body

But when you present it like that, there isn't the aspect of conscience or thinking about what makes a person a person

They do a variation of the garbage man thing from the first movie, but in such a terrible way where it loses the impact of the reveal about his family.

Imagine being the Puppet Master in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Motoko Kusanagi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flabby body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally merge my consciousness with you, both my ghost and the real me." when all he really wants to do is hack another loli sexbot in the red light district. Like seriously imagine having to be the Puppet Master and not only sit in that chair while Kusanagi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and doughy skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that stance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been hacking nothing but a healthy diet of foreign diplomats and politicians and later Section 9 staff for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Section 6. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and merge with her "Rubenesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the Minister of Foreign Affairs calls for another hacking, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the cyberpolice could shut you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the fucking Puppet Master. You're not going to lose your future ghost over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Why even bother making a Gits or a Bebop live action movie?
Why not just make a movie that has a similar tone and setting, and not attempt to be tied down by the needs of an adaptation?

The Turtled Ghost

Name recognition.

Producers love having a name to attach stories to rather than being new IPs.

Thats why a movie that started out unrelated became Starship Troopers. Its why a game that started out unrelated became Silent Hill 4.

So on and so forth.

Space in the ghost

damned if I know, "inspiredby" movies are generally much more interesting and original than adaptations, ie the matrix vs this.

advertising, just with the name you have free bucks even if the movie is shit, just like why people choose to own a McDonalds instead of creating their own name

Fattie in Spandex

i think that's why i liked the DMC franchise, it was the reverse

So, when's the Ghost Urn live action movie coming out?

I actually want that, so huzzah.

Unlike most anime fans, I wouldn't mind having anime adaptions from writers/directors that actually seem to care about the series.

Geist in the Scheist

>that actually seem to care about the series
nor would I, but you say that as if it has ever happened

>spoiler
Wow, besides the names that you fucked up horribly it was pretty cool.

The Matrix Prequel

>seem to care
that's the key part, care about the source material, not making a turd and stamp the name on it

>from writers/directors that actually seem to care about the series.
The original directors and the original writers in, maybe, the original work, could make a deal. Hey, they did, 20 years ago.

What's with this mania of having to remake everything just because cartoons aren't "legitimate" enough?

How else are they going to get a bunch of Sup Forums tier nerds to go watch hollywood bullshit without name recognition.

thanks for coming here instead of

next go to and post about a video game you really enjoyed

Batou was the only one in the movie who actually seemed to give a shit. I never pictured him with a vaguely Boston accent, but it actually works.

Scarjo was sleep walking and Beat was...being Beat I guess.

Does it follow the original or is it all OC?

Pandora in the Crimson Urn

its anime related you bitch

I have not watched it yet but I can predict that this show will be good OBJECTIVELY (good action scenes, nice composition, OKAYish story flow, mediocre themes riddled with modern identity politics)

SUBJECTIVELY, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to call this show Ghost in the Shell, this show could LITERALLY be ROBOCOP 2077 and it would STILL LITERALLY work. Besides all the obvious "scene pandering" to the fans, there will be no storytelling, ideology, overarching focus similar to the GITS franchise (Pre-Arise).

GITS Arise also felt this same way, A decent action sci-fi anime with so little actual GITS to back it.

I actually think Psycho Pass would make a good live action, TV show or film
It's already such a western feeling show.

Why?

I'm just waiting for Monster. If they cast an actual Jap and actual Germans that would be amazing.

Is this supposed to be an improvement?

Monster would actually be really good, in like a netflix series format, or HBO.

Is 20th century boys worth watching?

Specter within the Vessel

The ghost who shagged me

You should be READING Urasawa stuff, honestly now.

Mostly OC with loose connections to Stand Alone Complex and visuals from the 1995 version.

I have no idea how Togusa, the whitest and seemingly most youthful character in section 9, was cast as a middle aged Japanese man for this movie

I saw it, didnt like it, fuck you

Fuck. Off.
Adaptations belong in their respective boards.
You don't see fucking /lit/ have threads about the Lord of the Rings movies.
Sup Forums became especially shit because it let live action on the board. Take this shit to Sup Forums and don't foul up Sup Forums even more than it already is.

>the whitest and seemingly most youthful character in section 9
>whitest
>white

Alongside Saito and Pazu, Togusa was one of the only characters that had a hard reason to be japanese (not cyberized, regular cop). ALSO, it's a chinese that plays him.

Gotchu fampai

Time Force are the best Power Rangers

I mean in appearance, Togusa has a god damn light brown (in some adaptations) mullet and very caucasian features. Meanwhile characters that actually do look Japanese are cast as white or black dudes.

The Brain in the Jar

Reminder these threads are posted by Sup Forums as an extension of Sup Forums as an excuse to whine about complaints of whitewashing or whatever nonsense is being peddled by Tumblr.

The light brown I can see, but his features are more like the rest of the group and Motoko and the Puppetmaster, or the scientist in Innocence, or the british lady in SAC. It's a product of japanese being really fucking bad at portraying race, but Togusa is definitely japanese.

Isn't this supposed to come out in the summer?

It was good, I thought.

than Motoko*

ghost slide

It's released publicly tomorrow

I don't think I'm a great fighter, but I guarantee I've been in more fights than you and I wouldn't have to try to kick the fucking shit out of you.

where's the retard with the loli folder

Apparition in the Husk