GOD DAMMIT

GOD DAMMIT

It's okay to cry user

Thought from the thumbnail this was going to be an Eva thread

Kurosawa > Eva

>spin off scanlation dead
Its not as heavy as the first one but its was pretty entertaining.

It really did have a lot of interesting characters, and in my opinion took Kurosawa to the next logical level.

Although, the current (?) arc with the 'muricans is a bit much for me.

Why are these threads so dead?

Is the sequel any good? I kinda refuse to read it. The ending was already perfect.

Is this when a girl is fucked over a trashcan in an alley? What was the name?

Hipster faggot

no it's not

Kurosawa is far more relatable as a human failure than Shinji

Apples to oranges, but saying Kurosawa is better than Eva is just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Eva is better written and is a lot more ambitious. Kurosawa is just one-dimensional "look he suffer111!" feelsy bullshit.

I kind of realized it's probably not, that was some other bug thing.

>read this until around chapter 38
>Completely fucking hate Kurosawa and want him to fail at anything he tries at

>Eva is better written and is a lot more ambitious
>some people actually believe that
Eva makes no sense as a military story and only barely as a "look at how I'm depressed :^)" story. The problems Shinji and friends are facing are mostly very specific and uninteresting. Remember when Asuka's mother tried to kill herself with her fucking child, who still turned out to be a sassy tsundere? Yeah, that's melodrama.

So what's the name

Ironic how you complain about melodrama when that's all Kurosawa is.

There's barely any melodrama in Kurosawa. Most of the time it's justified by MC's fear. Even then, unlike Eva, the characters in Kurosawa aren't all clinically depressed to the point they can't function in society and would do the dumbest thing they can all the time.

Not him, but anyway

>Kurosawa is better than Eva is just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian
It's not being contrarian. I personaly enjoyed more Kurosawa than Eva.
As user said Kurosawa is more relatable and realistic than Shinji.

>Eva is better written and is a lot more ambitious.
Time teach you that Ambition=/=good
In fact, usually the best things are humble and simple.

>Kurosawa is just one-dimensional "look he suffer111!" feelsy bullshit
Now, that's some "Eva is just pretentious shit" tier bait.
It's about a man bravely fighting against his meaningless life. Something that happens to lot of people today. It's not a "one dimentianal suffering" at all.

>Apples to oranges
I hate this meme. Why can't two fruit be compared?

Because if what you're comparing are radically different, the comparison doesn't make sense. You can't fault Kurosawa for not having cool action scenes like Ippo. Because that's not what it's trying to be. You can't fault School Rumble for not being as thought provoking as Lain. That's not what it's going for.

Since apples and oranges are food, here's another example. I can't complain that my steak isn't sweet. Steak isn't supposed to be sweet. You can't fault something if it's not trying to be what you want it to be. You can only fault something if it's trying to be something but fails due to bad writing.

But Eva IS pretentious shit

What is it pretending to be?

Yeah I thought so.

It really goes far to basically tell "wow this guy is depressed so we'll have some character repeat the same lines multiple times and here is some christian symbolism too"

Please go back to your eva general

Kurosawa is repetitive one-dimensional "boo hoo my life is so bad"

Evangelion at least has a fully fleshed out cast and isn't just one thing.

Evangelion is repetitive one-dimensional "boo hoo getting in the robot is so bad. Also we have to beat this Saturday morning villain".

He got in the robot in the first episode. You basically admitted you didn't even watch it. But what else can I expect from you kurosawa hipster contrarian faggots. Anything to fit with the other fedora tippers I guess

He got in the robot early, and kept crying about it for the dumbest reasons. Remember that time when he refused getting back in the robot because Nerv are supposedly bad for saving millions of lives, including Shinji's and Toji's at the cost of Toji's legs?

Don't read it.