You have one shot to convince a friend to watch Gintama. What single scene do you show him / her?

You have one shot to convince a friend to watch Gintama. What single scene do you show him / her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2hGSfJGBKJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=T81NK1tFkO4
youtube.com/watch?v=w0UkQurA5gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DvS_2K5MVzU
youtube.com/watch?v=2hGSfJGBKJ0a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What kind of shitty friend would ever want someone else to watch Gintama?

I tried watching Gintama a while back but after marathoning through 8 minutes I dropped it. So I'm just curious, is this the Naruto of anime or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=2hGSfJGBKJ0

what Gintama is all about. shit jokes

You start at the beginning. Period.

Also that comic strip with the scene talking about pissing and strawberry milk would be helpful to some.

You're not my friend.

>what Gintama is all about. shit jokes
You forgot to mention the generic shounen bullshit scenes.

Something with the Shogun like from the barber or pool episodes

The Evangelion parody scene with Shinpachi.

I thought gintama was about something before I watched like 50 episodes.

I dont know where when or how but it cemented itself as anime family guy of japan.

It's just a silly show but I thought it was a show about something.

There is an ongoing story that's pretty great actually.
Closer to Japan's South Park/Simpsons than Family Guy.

>You start at the beginning. Period.

Episode 3 you mean, right?

Only females watch Gintama. Go watch something with more boobs and fanservice for males. Gintama has only dicks.

that crab soup episode

I believe it is 25th one

probably this
youtube.com/watch?v=T81NK1tFkO4
I dont even know why

Hmm, that pick looks like she's either about to:
>A: Take it hard from behind

>B: Take a dump

Considering this is Gintama, I'd say it's B.

And about your question, just figure out whatever other anime your friend is into, chance are that Gintama has a parody episode based on it full with references which may or may not be funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=w0UkQurA5gQ

Back then, I showed two people episode 153 Young Night Train episode. They were crying and laughing at the same time like crazy people.

>Gintoki raping Kagura

0/10 doujin. You have awful taste senpai

>the prison episode

>someone seriously drew something like that and didn't get lynched for it
One job, Japan

episode 25, the "recap" episode.

You're not the first nor will you be the last one to have the problem.

I actually just recently started watching the show, catching up just in time for the ongoing season, and it was helluva ride! No idea if I'd bothered to sit through the first season when it aired, but being able to marathon it all did make it easy to digest.

Few tips:
1) You should SKIP the first 2 episodes. Those are literally filler, as you prolly already noticed. Ep3 is the first REAL episode of the show.

2) The first 20-25 episodes or so are literally dedicated for introductions and mild foreshadowing. While not exactly terrible, that section is easily the worst the show has to offer. It starts picking up the pace after that, with the first ""recap"" episode being a lovely change of pace and example of the show's better humor. You get a first decent "serious" mini-arc around ep 40, which can be seen as an appetizer of things to come.

However, the show REALLY starts to kick up the pace and style after the first year, with the second season packing tons of cool, memorable chapters and way better production values to boot. The legendary "Benizakura" arc is pretty much the show's counterpart to Bleach's "Soul Society" arc, as in the part where everyone agrees shit really hits the fan and gets interesting. It will pretty much set the overall style of the show for the entire series afterwards, with small ups and downs between the arcs.

The arcs of Gintama are notably shorter than in typical Shounen series, which I think helps keeping them well paced and easier to watch too. Some are humorous, some more serious & action-packed, some half-half.

tl;dr: Skip first 2eps, give the show minimum of 25eps, preferably full 50 before you pass judgement. 1st season is merely "OK" for most part, but still VERY required to get into the series' cast and lore.

I dunno, I never watched it.

the greatest show

Tell your friend to watch Bobobo-bo Bo-Bobo instead.

This is the problem with most things that start bad and get progressively better. Making people want to watch it is kinda hard.

Wtf are you talking about the only part of bleach that isnt objectively shit is before the soul society arc

Yeah, and it's not just Bleach or anime thing either. I do quite understand the appeal of the modern "place your best cards on table at the start!" ideology, but sometimes slower burn design works better and is a welcome change of pace.

Going back to season 1 now, it's like totally different show altogether.

on the contrary nigga.
Bleach starts merely kinda-OK, with (back then) interesting premise. It literally peaks at the Soul Society arc.

Sho-chan ;_;

Any scene with the Shogun getting abused

The scene where Peter makes everyone drink ipecac and they all start vomiting :D

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

i told my friend to start with ep 1 then goes to ep 25 then 47 to 219-220 .

why is zura the best rapper ?
youtube.com/watch?v=DvS_2K5MVzU

Popularity poll MS paint opening.

>That event
This is why I love Gintama

They'd have to be serious enough.

I did once and I made the mistake of starting at the first 3 eps.

>a friend
A what now?

That's l-lewd user

A bit late reply. That's a Tsukky doujin though.

>preferably full 50 before you pass judgement.
>50

>SoA
Are you putting his suggestion to good use already?

You read that correct, mate.

2nd year is the point where shit gets real, and the show starts to practice its "level up" promises.

I am Ruplong, the Avenger of Samples.

>Sougo
Please stop. Kagura's too pure to be touched by that sadist

Gintama is probably in my top 5 greatest anime. I guess I'll list my faviorite episode(s):
-Odd Jobs goes to the Haunted Bathhouse.
-Odd Jobs goes on the Pop Idol T.V Show.
-Odd Jobs battle for the Wii.
-Any episode focused on Katsura
-Shogun at the Pool or the Ski Resort.

>too pure

Sexually you dimwit.

>Gintama has only dicks.
nice

Gura is MADE for sex

A buddy showed this to me the other day; Gintama is now on my watchlist:
youtube.com/watch?v=2hGSfJGBKJ0a

Delete that picture faggot

>friends

No, Tama was made for sex.

Tama is too good for that Yamazaki boy.
I do not approve of the marriage.

I don't have a friend.

I still prefer the beginning SOL arc to everything else, but I do agree that plot wise it hits a peak in Soul Society. It then sinks and rises wildly in quality until Aizens defeat, which is the second highest point of the series, then plummets down into the underworld without stopping until the last chapters which reach an event horizon of shit.

I'll be your friend user

Episode 188, it's truly the kino of Gintama of Evangelion of anime

For comedy scene I would use when Gintoki and Toshi are handcuffed and trying to take a shit. Best fight would probably be the Hosen fight, although given the past few episodes that might not be a good idea.

That scene, you know the one.

>friends

QUICKLY, CHANNEL YOUR INNER ANTONIO INOKI

Scenes like this is why Gintama a timeless classic

My sides. Time to rewatch Gintama once again.

there are to many "that scene" in this show.

B-but I like cutscenes and 3d models