Provides endless source of tanoshii fan art

It has a Shoebill.

I'll eat you, if you catch my drift

I want to rape the Shoebill.

Simple yet coherent story.
Cute and creative character designs.
Everyone likes exotic animals.
Lots of attention on small details.
Skillfull combination of different genres in adventure and SoL that brought out the best of both worlds.
Mysterious and some dark undertones ensuring lots of potential for speculations.
Good voice acting.

Cute girl personifications is the key to success now and days. Not that I'm complaining.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30881173

I can't help it, cute friends doing friendly things is the future.

Open world sandbox Jabari Park VR game when?

Because it wasn't like your fucking digusting average anime these days I swear to god they are tired and stale and shit without lovely and cute girls.
If there are cute girls, there will come some fucking titmonsters with heavy sexualization and make the series a niche pandering shit.

Kemono Friends stayed away from that usual shit et voilá.

Animated show centered around animals and aimed at a younger demographic but picked up by grown men due to its themes of friendship and endearing art style.
Sounds familiar. This formula worked before.

COMFY. Thats why.

Pedomorphic characters still work miracles.
Japan just forgot that.

Simple.
It is different from the usual seasonal anime. It is anime at its purest form, like a typical tofu.

Whoever had creative control in this tried to create a fun show with the little he had, rather than trying to create something "guaranteed to be popular" and throwing money at it.

>cute animal girls
>serval is a charming little angel
>non-serious adventure
>interesting setting
>fun things are fun
Granted the animation is shit but I got used to it very quickly and it didn't ruin it for me.

Nigga I'll fuck you up

Nips love animals and cute girls

Same reason MLP was popular, and popular to the same people.

Now past 4.5m views.

I unironically believe the majority of the people were getting bored of the K-ON formula that has been in use for almost a fucking decade by the other lazy shits who can't come up with their own ideas and only look at what was popular.

>it's the MLP shitter again
Thought you would have given up already.

How the fuck was Gakkou Gurashi so popular?
Fuck that dog.

You know that one scene in where that one food critic who despite shitting all over some of the most classiest, and most rich foods on the planet was absolutely blown away by this one simple as fuck, basic dish that only people living in poverty made?

For us, that dish is Kemono Friends.

We have become hardened and jaded critics when it comes to our hobby. We've seen too much of the same and have subject ourselves to many shows shows where style constantly overtake actual substance.

Enter Kemono Friends.
It looks like absolute 3D crap
The animation is godawful.
The only thing that really gets us to watch the show at all is the fact that it exists in our hobby.

So reluctantly we take our first "bite" expecting nothing more than another moe pandering series...And then we get blown away by it's refreshing, yet almost nostalgic content.

It's a wholesome show. It doesn't try to specifically cater for any real crowd. It's a world where despite the one real rule of having to fend for yourself, everyone winds up helping one of another without a second thought. Weaknesses in a character aren't put on a spotlight and instead their strengths come through and we see how it can help others throughout each episode. If a character's weakness IS highlighted, it's cleverly spun into a strength for another character.

It's a show with a basic moral we've all heard a long time ago but have long since forgotten or stopped considering for whatever reason, "everyone is special". Everyone has something inside themselves that can benefit one another and it actually takes another character who initially believes that she can't do anything to help these animals use their strengths which in turn slowly showcases her own strengths.

We are unknowingly taken back to a simpler time watching this anime as it honestly plays like a simple PBS after school cartoon many would remember watching, complete with interesting facts about various animals even.

What was the most interesting animal fact you learned

>Pedomorphic

A shame that people who used "K-ON formula" didn't figure out what made K-on actually good and why it was so successful.

I don't recognize any of those animes

>Comment too long

Fuck
tl;dr
It's a heartwarming, endearing, and honest series that has warmed the heart of many critics to this mediu

Pretty much, I'm healed as fuck.

Why do people pretend that Kemono CG models aren't very cute and eye-catching?

Because they are horrible

>nnb so low
why do the nips have such SHIT taste?

They aren't

> It doesn't try to specifically cater for any real crowd.

"Oh coincidentally every single character in this show is a cute girl for this extremely arbitrary reason" is pandering of the most blatant kind

Too many to list

The nipponia nippon cant sing
Penguins are dumb and flap for 1dps
Big cats actually like box like domesticated cat
There are animals called MarGAY, Serval and Sandcat
Tsuchinoko is not REAL
Shoebill is a meme animal like honey badger in the west

Margays mimic the sounds of other animals

You're right about them being cute and eye-catching but they are poorly made overall, ultimately it boils down to the animation though.

I'm afraid i'm gonna be a bandwagonner.

I watched the first episode and i'm really turned off the Disney-Junior-Channel tier animation.

Because they aren't.
It actually takes getting used to because they all initially look terrible in this show

It didn't really bother me at first as CG doesn't bother me much and I've seen plenty worse, I assume a lot of people just learned to love it or got used to it.

The animation is bad, but the designs themselves are very cute.

Margays doesn't live on the ground
Emperor male fast
Serval can be dog-like even, very attached to its close ones
Shoebill's beaks are strong enough to penetrace croc skin
Foxes align themselves according to magnetic field
Tsuchinoko's a thing.

I like it a lot, mostly because of the nostalgic value.
Combined my two favorite childhood times, Jurassic Park and all those random nature documentaries; that it's basically an adventure series with a goal in mind was a bonus.

Modern shows that have a familiar feeling, is probably front page girl and aijou yuujou omou kasanete, I like those two a lot as well.

Anyone who is turned off by the first episodes animation hasn't watched enough anime and should be shunned.

I want to watch anime, not ps2 era cgi cutscenes.

I can't blame them though considering it's not doing the opinion of CG anime any favours.

Is Bakemonogatari not recorded?

This is based on the views from the nicovideo live stream.
They have a community of its own, and is completely unrelated with general sales, actual perception of the shows.
It's like 4chins favorite animus poll being different from tumbler's.

Yeah this. It helps that some of the character designs are pretty good, Kaban specifically is adorable.

>osomatsu-san just fucking disappeared
What?

>tfw when Longcat is literally a dead meme

The guy who designed them really knows what makes the character design appealing.

Sup Forums is a website full of contrarians.

>appealing
maybe if you are a pedo

wait a minute dumbfuck what makes the director pedophilia?

on one hand, i think you went full tofu, but on the other, youre right

Few can master the art of legs

>we
>us
Agreed fully with the rest, though.

longcat will still be relevant, remember the old prophecy, when the time has come we forgot longcat, they had gone to fight tacgnol to bring about meme ragnarok

She sang horribly, though.

she sings magnificiently
youtube.com/watch?v=d-IIP75wgzg

Yoshizaki-sensei draws great girls and frogs. It was only expected.

The anime's script was written by the guy who had worked on nothing but family-friendly shows and he also didn't have to pander to specific audience.

He worked with Sgt. Keroro's creator exclusively and they together wrote 95% of the script.

I feel like this show deserves some kind of award for what it's done.

It had every reason to fail. Every one. The phone game? Dead in the water before it even aired. The franchise was pretty much one foot in the grave already.
The budget? Laughably small.
Broadcast time? 1 in the Damn morning.

I could only imagine how the staff felt this would all play out.

And yet...It succeeded. Far beyond expectations.

I'm honestly amazed.

It's a 4/5 show with 1/5 animation. This caused a massive overreaction once people realized their initial impression was completely wrong. People wanted to support it for being done by such a small studio when the franchise was in such a pathetic situation. Then came wave after wave of bandwagoners hopping on the hype train and pumping out fanart of the hot new thing. It'll be interesting to see how the second season holds up when people are going into it with much greater expectations. Its two biggest strengths are the amazing designs and very natural exposition, but a great number of characters are one note and you can't keep teasing people along with mysteries forever. The answers often aren't as interesting as the questions.

my.mixtape.moe/qvfwwr.webm

Great adventure, great characters, great scenes.
Humor, some mystery, adventure, some action, many emotions and feels.
Many cute girls all over the place. Their varied fun and simple designs are great for plenty of art.
Fun easy going comfy experience that's very healing and tanoshii.
Interesting story and world, the show's filled with details that make things make sense or come into play later.
It's also informative and educational about animals and nature.
And as a whole the show has a meta narrative theme that explores humanity.
The show is actually good and fun, it managed to keep every episode entertaining.
Great sense of nostalgia, it's a show that makes you relieve your childhood.

Basically it's a great show with many nice things for all kinds of different friends to enjoy, put them all together and that's kemono friends.

This.

I'm curious, what did he work on before?

Are you living under a rock? Keroro Gunsou is almost Conan tier

I need this.

Maybe you could try watching it to find out why?
And by watching I mean following the three episode rule.

u-i.world/serval.html#

>every character has from average to big tits
>pedo
???
Is this that "neo-Sup Forums" people have been talking about?

memesters think it its but kemonoshit actually flopped

So what do you think of the series?

I watch all the way through and found it mediocre at best. And not enough fun retardness eps, so s2 anytime?

Read the thread

Holy shit this. You guys are all such hypocrites.

Explain why so many people ate Konosuba up then.

They are. KF's issues are technical not design. The poly count is low, the geometry is clipping, jagged lines and shit.

Konosuba is arguably the best show ever made

I watched the first episode and it was probably the most otaku garbage I've seen since Steins;Gate, specifically designed for the otaku audience in the worst way.