Why do these "countries" even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Montevideo_(1828)
youtube.com/watch?v=n85wmxtaOF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the eternal anglo

Do you think you can get away with chatting that shit just because most of us are asleep. Shameful.

How

>Paraguay
Fought and became an isolationist military state, defeating every attempt at invasion and having a massive and advanced army (and river navy), the North Korea of its day that made North Korea look like a bitch. Lost the Paraguayan War and most of its territory and 90% of its male population to Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay, but due to US guarantees, was not allowed to be annexed.
>Bolivia
Formerly known as Upper Peru, administered from Buenos Aires when it was part of Spain (like Paraguay), but when Argentina broke away from Spain, Bolivia (and Paraguay) were holdouts for royalists, and could not be conquered, thus resulting in Bolivia being independent. It briefly formed a confederation with Peru, but this superstate was deemed a threat and invaded by almost all its neighbours. It used to be larger, but lost a war to Brazil, a war to Chile (resulting in the loss of its coast), and the most humiliating, a war to a smaller, poorer, still devastated from the war 60 years prior, Paraguay
>Uruguay
Fought for between the Spanish and Portuguese, and later the Argentinians and Brazilians, has communities of Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and every time one nation would occupy it, the other community would revolt with support from the other, so it was decided to become a no-mans land.

OP is a nigger

Nah, not our fault. Though part of Argentina should be ours. I mean a mainland part

Someone has to start wars and dictatorships for us, goy.

Maybe you could read their history and find out.

Bolivia, Paraguay and Ecuador are shitty

I like Chile and Argentina and I have heard Peru is alright as well

Spain itself is still better economically than its ex-colonies. Portugal is garbage though

The Chaco War was fucking savage. Shame more people don't know about it.

Do u like us australia kun?

my country was created by the eternal anglo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Montevideo_(1828)

British kikery

Shut up you utter cunt. North America is thanks to us, South America is your doing.

no, it's your fault, you fucking island kikes

Why didn't Spain do its duty and murder the natives more efficiently?

thank you britbong you're my greatest ally
don't forget to pray to allah and bin your knife tho

>don't forget to pray to allah
Not until its decreed.

Have you paid for that civil disobedience license, old chap?

This meme again. I am tired of this fucking meme.

True, the Bolivians were so confident too.

why do you hide your flag?

>Lost the Paraguayan War and most of its territory and 90% of its male population to Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay,

How the fuck did they recover from that?

Bolivia has a ton of mountains to separate it from Chile and Perú and there is a ton of jungle to the Northeast to separate it from Brazil. It makes the effort of annexing them by force worthless.

Paraguay and Uruguay serve the interests of Argentina and Brazil better as buffer states.

They established polygamy for a couple generations. And they went from an industrial powerhouse (for SA standards) to the fourth poorest country in South America after the Guyanas and Bolivia.

The rural citizens continued as they had prior to the war, and the state owned industry was privatised, and bought by many Argentinian and Brazilian businessmen.
The country had a massive war debt, forgiven in 1943.
The resilience of the Paraguayans kept them going.
Imagine being those 10% though.

If I remeber correctly the reason why the president of Paraguay involved it in the war is becaue he send millitary aid to Argentina in its fight for Uruguay.

Polygamy.
Also Paraguay had mandatory race mixing and was virtually a former Jesuit colony

His ally in Uruguay was being overthrown by Brazilian backed opposition. He had no way of reaching Uruguay if he invaded through Brazil, so he asked if he could pass through Argentina, they said no, he invaded both at once. Did well for a while too. At least he died fighting for his country and didn't take the cowards way out.

Ah yes. The Colorado and Bianco parties of Uruguay. Interestingly, they rule the country even today.

And the part Paraguay being an isolated millitary regime... Was that before the War or after?

This seems like some kind a tradition considering they were ruled by a German for almost 40 years.

Impenetrable mountains perhaps?

Before, after the war a pro-Brazilian government was set up, but the country was still unstable, and had a revolution in 1904, a civil war in 1922, and between this period had 15 presidents. After this, they won the Chaco War, but the victorious Liberal Party suffered a revolution at the hands of the military, leading to more dictators, and another civil war in 1947, which would then be followed by the dictator Alfredo Stroessner ruling from '54 to '89 and supported by the US.
During every dictatorship they kept to themselves, but nowhere near as much as they did prior to the war.

Uruguay is pretty good desu. Good quality beef.

Very interesting history. I just looked on wiki about the First paraguayan president. The guy seemed to be a crazy one.
>banned marriage between whites
>when he caught his oldest daughter prostituing herself he declared that prostitution was a honorable job
>all this being a dictator at the same time

No Wonder that Paraguay was a jesuit colony.

That polygamy thing was allowed by decree after war and stills valid.

Truly a unique place.
Have I gotten most of your history right?
Weren't there protests against the government a few months back?

The viceroyalty of Peru is older than the one of La Plata, it used to be the center of the spaniards occupation in south america, until the viceroyalty of Plata was created.

Most. IDK

Yes. Many protests against the constitutional amendment.
1 liberal killed at the Liberal Party house.

guys from paraguay, tell me about the chaco:
why does noone live there?
are there resources?
why do you all live in the rainforest instead?

Anything to be concerned about?
Could another coup/revolution happen?

Paraguay's leader was the son of it's former dictator and inherited it. Also his GF was an Irish whore.

It was the last place they got

The loss of over 80% of the male population is a myth invented by a Marxist "historian". They would still have weird demographics today if that happened. I forgot the real number but I believe it's between 8 - 15%

Water problem, not enough and very salty. Only 3 or 4 major rains per year.

Maybe gas, but shared with Bolivia only 15-20% in Paraguay territory

And recently the current president's candidate lost the Republican nominee. Many of the closet stronists made voice.

And the sounds of revolutions are more like nothing burgers. The only revolution here can be the militia against the government.

What're the militia's stance?
Stay safe my man.

>source: my ass

Disrupted, they're tired by being part of this democratic process, and lately they seemed like buffoons trying to hunt the communists in the north.

Uruguay exists because both Argentina and Brazil agreed to cease claims on that place. Both sides of Rio de La Plata should've been Argentine though, that's what the Uruguayans wanted in the first place but what you gonna do.

Both guays are buffer states between Arg and Br which were at war and a mini cold war during the 20th century. Bolivia is a more complicate matter.

this country was practically yours until the 30's in fact those were the golden years desu

Uruguay was a British creation, born to prevent Brazil or Argentina to own both sides of the River Plate waters. To aloud commerce in the area, later they were kinda "meh" and forgot about it with the Suez Canal.

Paraguay is very old. The Intendencia Del Paraguay was older than Buenos Aires.

I love the smell of history in the morning

Show your flag. I know it's you mapuche faggot..

Paraguay invaded Argentina so they could move to Uruguay to support their favourite government, that's when we entered the war. Most of the casualties were from disease and because Solano wanted a total war with no unconditional surrender.

Coast loss really fucked up our pride.
Chaco war was unnecessary, maybe caused by anglos/jews.

Holy shit, how can a Thai know about it?
And yes, Bolivians in general are pretty smug when you give them the chance to progress.
They come here starving and when only due to the better economy of our nation and the fact that they mostly sell illegal, non-taxed food, they get up to middle class.
Then they start to talk shit about the natives and how they "teach Argentines how to work".

They thought Paraguay was a push over and got REKT!

>Czechs
>Russians
Why?

You have to look something
Most of your wars had been political movements,The chaco war was one as example , but from part of your goverment , that back on then , wanted to unite the people , winning a war against someone

They always end involved in weird wars.

WHY NOT?

How are he fuck did Bolivia manage to lose a war to Paraguay, especially when you they had more troops?

more troops but shorter men

some men just want to watch the world burn

I respect you , You won a country to a bigger and better prepared country , the chaco war is one of my favorite wars

The Aymara fears the Guaraní?

>Actual civility on Sup Forums
Thank you user

Maybe czechs were military advisors, Brno was the principal weapons provider of Bolivia in that war.

I know that but it was very risky.
Foreign interests was a factor too: weapon sellers, oil companies.

Petty politicians and military commanders, low moral troops.

Because we allow them to

>both sides of Rio de La Plata should've been Argentine though, that's what the Uruguayans wanted in the first place

Stop right there criminal scum. You tried many, many times to take and hold Uruguay. 9 year siege of Montevideo ring a bell?
Libertad y la tumba.

Why did Paraguay start the War of the Triple Alliance?

How could they have possibly believed their national population of 450,000 had a chance against an alliance with a total population of 11 million?

Paraguay was a pretty good place until (((they))) decided it was enough of making their own steel, first high furnaces were in Paraguay, so (((they))) managed to form the Triple alianza, between Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil to destroy Paraguayan progress, So today it's a shithole full of corruption, worst than here even, and they come here to become contruction workers or sell weed, kind of our mexico.
Uruguay: Pretty good, mostly white, weed is legal, small country, kind of the sweden of south america, but not cucked, yet. Consider our brahs.
Perú, They've been doing very well the last few years, helped us a lot during the war for the islands, we consider them also brahs, much more indigenous population, but we like them.
Bolivia: should be nuked, full of andean niggers, producers of cocaine, come here, have free education and healthcare, stay producing veggies or open grocery shops, or construction workers, state gives them land and make them citizens, i hate them. I live near the border with them, full of bolillas here

In 1811, José Gervasio Artigas, who became Uruguay's national hero, launched a successful revolt against the Spanish authorities, defeating them on 18 May at the Battle of Las Piedras.[21]

In 1813, the new government in Buenos Aires convened a constituent assembly where Artigas emerged as a champion of federalism, demanding political and economic autonomy for each area, and for the Banda Oriental in particular.[25] The assembly refused to seat the delegates from the Banda Oriental, however, and Buenos Aires pursued a system based on unitary centralism.[25]

As a result, Artigas broke with Buenos Aires and besieged Montevideo, taking the city in early 1815.[25] Once the troops from Buenos Aires had withdrawn, the Banda Oriental appointed its first autonomous government.[25] Artigas organized the Federal League under his protection, consisting of six provinces, four of which later became part of Argentina.[25]

they thought they were south america's napoleon

n 1816, a force of 10,000 Portuguese troops invaded the Banda Oriental from Brazil; they took Montevideo in January 1817.[25] After nearly four more years of struggle, the Portuguese Kingdom of Brazil annexed the Banda Oriental as a province under the name of "Cisplatina".[25] The Brazilian Empire became independent of Portugal in 1822. In response to the annexation, the Thirty-Three Orientals, led by Juan Antonio Lavalleja, declared independence on 25 August 1825 supported by the United Provinces of the Río de la Plata (present-day Argentina).[21] This led to the 500-day-long Cisplatine War. Neither side gained the upper hand and in 1828 the Treaty of Montevideo, fostered by the United Kingdom through the diplomatic efforts of Viscount John Ponsonby, gave birth to Uruguay as an independent state. The nation's first constitution was adopted on 18 July 1830.[21]

>British were not involved until he end of the conflict all the fighting and dying was done by Spanish and Portuguese colonists.

>why do these "countries" even exist?

The existence of several Central American countries or the explosion of New Spain is worse, despite the fact that the realists have won without opposition.
Paraguay achieved independence early and nobody cared so much, Bolivia due stronk royalists forces but the experiment of 1836-39 was too much for the chileans.

royalists* jezz

Based argie bro, thanks.

Uruguay did see Salsipuedes.

Thanks Australian bro, everything is fine with argies tho.

Literally this. Also how do you know so much? Been researching?

My Father is from Las Piedras. They came here in 73 because my dad and uncle 16 and 18 were (((arrested))) due to my grandfather despite being shot in an attempted murder refused to stop campaigning as the head of his union at the brewery he worked at. He wasn't a lazy fuck kike union fuckwit either, full time metal worker/ fitter and turner. Second job was the brewery. His older brother had already been exiled to Brasil for being too political on the radio or something and his uncle in law killed 3 cops and severely wounded 4 others come to arrest him at the pub for being a suspected (((terrorist))).

Most of my family had to flee. To this day mi padre has always been critical of Jews for what when on back then. Most of my family left between 72' and 74' Some came to Aus rest went to the US. My Abuelo never speaks about it but my dad does. Army used to come in the middle of the night arrest my abuelo and then he would be found outside of a hospital the next day bloody and bruised.

Anything pre 1950's my family love to talk about. Especially sitting around eating Asado drinking whiskey

they also defeated spain on that war over some shitty islands

Many white officers migrated to Paraguay after the civil war, fleeing The Red Terror. And it's not surprising that they volunteered to fight for their new home. As for czechs - i have no idea, honestly, maybe those were migrants who fought in the Czechoslovak Legion before.

Hey, horrible what happened to your family, god bless you and your family. So do you enjoy asado? Seems to me that not many people outside Uruguay-Argentina like it.

which one was ourguy?

and who was ourguy in Bolivia and in paraguay (pic related)?

Literally Luis Battle Berres, great guy from the colorado political party. Although the National Party is better nowadays. After the colorados did the coup, no one likes them to much. Still they won in 2000 but a huge crisis came after that so their popularity is pretty low.

Cheers mate, life has been good to them since coming here, my family worked hard and Australia mostly rewards hard, honest workers.
Chorizo or Chawryzo, here is hipster tier. So is chimi churi. The wankers "discovered" it after it was on Masterchef. Asado is a strange foreign dish to most Aussies who think 1 inch steak and onions is a "barbie". I grew up on it so yeah I like it. Every Aussie who marries into the family and all my mates go nuts for Asado once they have had it though.

Did you ever came here? Like in vacation or something? Or your family doesn't want to comeback to see this massive communist shithole?

Is there a more bro-tier frontier in the Americas like the Entre Ríos - Salto & Paysandú? They even speak similar in the Uruguay river side.

Love you argie bro, no homo.

Buffer states. South America used to look ed like it was going to implode during the 19th century.

My father has refused to go probably for the last 30 years or so, initially my grandparents hid his documents from him because he was determined to go back and would have been dead in under 6 months. My grandparents went once in the early 90's never again. I haven't been but my sisters have they went with my auntie and uncle a few years back when they finished school. Both were shocked when my uncle took his watch and stuff off before leaving the house they were staying in and split his money up into different pockets etc. They did like it mostly. I still have a small amount of family there around their age that showed them around with the night life etc.

Basically my impression was its nice to visit but compared to here you would not want to live there. I don't bother going overseas, Australia is big - most people don't understand how big and diverse the landscape is. Australia has literally every kind of environment on earth and every activity you can think of to do. So I spend my holidays going round the country - no shots no passports no security measures to worry about.

Except when Carlos Gardel comes on the radio...

do learn a bit of history please chaps

Stroessner

Uruguay is pretty based. I remember on the Interesting Things Explained Well episode on duels, dueling was legal there way later than anywhere else.

BASED AUSSIE LOL HAHAHAH

Yeah we lost a great politician in the last duel in Uruguay history.

If you share him with us, we share this with your. After all, you were part of the same culture and sad stories.
youtube.com/watch?v=n85wmxtaOF0

duels between politicians were broadcasted in the radio until the 1950's and duels were prohibited altogether in 1970