I just marathon'd through the first episode of LOGH, is the rest worth watching?

I thought the art was awful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHCcz9SHCwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Duu1ZKtJDsw&
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc5xgCqTy_k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Evangelion was deeper, more memorable and more entertaining. LoGH is for pretentious pseudo-intellectuals that go on reddit.

>marathon'd through one whole episode

Ya the animation isn't amazing, but i enjoyed the hell out of it.
If you like a story where there's continuous double crossing , and the show builds a good size world to tell itself , then its for you.
If you just like your plot to be slapped across your face like a big wet dick , then go back to watching naruto haha

Look if you like tv shows like babylon 5 , and the expanse

Where theres different warring factions, people working in secret against each other, then legend of the galactic heroes is great.

If none of that appeals to you, then I suggest watching something else.

You only watched the first episode, you sorta need to watch 3 or 4 episodes of something really until you fully get into it. Or maybe thats just me

>I marathoned through 20 minutes of animation
At least go through three episodes before you try to bait me for bumps.

But the art is on point for long running series.

The art wasn't really good in the first place, and the retouched portions are really piecemail and sometimes worse than the original.
If it's really a dealbraker for you, you could wait for the reboot to start airing later this year.

You "marathoned" a single episode?

Go marathon a bottle of bleach, faggot.

Wait for the remake later this year. ;;^^^^)))))))

as someone who watched the whole series

if you cant take engrish, dont do it.

Their name pronounciation will drive you insane

youtube.com/watch?v=kHCcz9SHCwI

>marathon'd one episode
>one

Is this a ruse?

You should watch something better like K-On.

I just marathoned this thread and I'm surprised that so many people are ignorant about a common meme.

Me personally, I'm watching the OVA of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and I just got done watching the episode where Yang Wen-Li schools the Rosenritter in chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns of history! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later gaidens continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on an animu, and I think I can confidently say Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the Engrish is amazing. The FPA anthem and fourth OP do a great job sounding authentic.

is the marathoned an episode meme a new thing

>for the reboot
It's not a reboot, though. It's just some more prequel stuff.

How new? Marathoning an episode means you don't pause it even once to check your fb

Depends on what you mean by art. I think the art style fits the show well, and the character designs are great (especially when you have more than a hundred distinct characters that the audience needs to recognize on sight. Of course, the animation isn't great, but I think the art does a great job in selling the series.
Why are there all these comparisons between NGE and LOGH? They aren't similar at all.

It's a reboot.

It's "not a reboot of the anime" because they're basing it on the manga instead.

Okay, you fucking got me

FUCK OFF REBEL SCUM
SIEG KAISER REINHARDO

>Human attention span has become so pathetic that we can no longer focus for 30 minutes to obstinately enjoy a hobby.

>he has a facebook account

then again yeah, people apparently can't do anything for more than five minutes without constantly checking their phones.

So which side had the better soundtrack?

youtube.com/watch?v=Duu1ZKtJDsw&
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc5xgCqTy_k

I don't know, I always thought stilted animation that was obviously derived from budget allocation to other things, always worked extremely well for a military drama. Could some fights be better animated? Of course, but considering for the most part it's just characters talking it works for the overwhelming majority of the show.

>Animation was awful
>He didn't watched My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars first

You mean 23 m8

I downloaded all 22 discs and, let me tell you, the Jiyu Wakusei Domei discs are MUCH better than the Ginga Teikoku discs.

it's weird how classical soundtrack really makes the show feels timeless. had they went with classical EPIC ORCHESTRA it would've just come off as forgettable. in fact, it's funny how tytania made a lot of the mistakes logh could have.

Why didn't you watched prequels?
iirc they include contents of first 3 episode and have much better animation.

LOGH is anime for plebeians. K-ON is much better.

Just watch it and you'll get to enjoy the most racist show in recent memory.

They actually toned it down in the anime.
Roughly translated from the original:
>The bodyguard Schoenkopf recommended was Louis Mashengo. With glistening chocolate-colored skin, a wide and thick-set giant frame, upper arms as thick as Yang's thighs, charming light brown eyes and a burly chin, overall he could be said to give an impression of a gentle-hearted bull. Once he gets angry, his enormous muscles would probably unleash an overpowering explosive force, or so it seems.

This is not acceptable.

>Why are there all these comparisons between NGE and LOGH? They aren't similar at all.
Because there's a large swathe of people that like to jerk themselves off for liking the "deep themes" of Evangelion but are nevertheless too ADHD to enjoy a show like LotGH which has even more of the intellectual circle-jerk credibility that they hunger for, so they simply take pot shots at the higher tier show in order to ease their ego and make themselves feel better.

One you learn that most people around here develop their tastes around how faggot anime pro e-peen, the shit you see people say around here immediately begins making a lot more sense. Human beings just do that, you can see it in every hobby when people feel like they're being one-upped.

>he didn't pause
isn't that normal?

Eva > LoGH

does the kaiser accept constitutionalism after the anime ends, because absolutism will just end with the lohengramm dynasty becoming another goldenbaulm dynasty over the generations

In what way? They're completely different except they're both cited by people who want to sound more "intellectual" than everyone else. What makes Evangelion interesting is its existentialist themes, and it was one of the first popular anime to focus on that. LOGH, on the other hand, doesn't really have a central theme. or even a main character.

Yes. Stop wasting you time here and go watch this masterpiece of a anime. At least watch the first 10 episodes, this show can be a bit slow.

Obvious bait is obvious.

He does.

nice buzzwords

Yeah, it was like Code Geass gone wrong

KAISER!

DIE KAISER REINHEARTO

I didn't like how Yang went on tracts to espouse the author's beliefs here and there.

Otherwise it was a good way to pass a few days where my Internet was down.

You sound ass pained.

The metaphors are not subtle in the original series or in the novels. They don't need to be.

*dies

Fucking newfags replying to this.

>TFW no Melian Dialogue -esque situation

This guy gets it