Oh my mother fucking God

Oh my mother fucking God

Honestly I'd believe it

It'll be shit just like Ghost in the Shell's shitty hollywood """adaptation""".

Get ouuuuut

WAKE ME UP

Would be great for the "everything 3DPD is shit" movement.

Hollywood needs to.... get out of anime

I don't really get the correlation. Let's get Clint Eastwood to direct Pretty Cute while we're at it.

When did Sup Forums become a second Sup Forums?

april fools is tomorrow dammit

Im gonna molest you

When the stupid fucking mods added this dumbass rule.

3D shit shouldn't be allowed on Sup Forums at all, I don't know what compelled this rule to be added.

I don't want to see ugly human people on Sup Forums, especially not scarlett johansson fat ass

That rule has probably been there for longer than you.

Except it hasn't.

Why do the mods love 3D?

Who abused you as a child, mod-san?

Hollywood is just so desperate for money, they base everything on name recognition alone. It doesn't matter whether a director's style or experience is suited to the project, if he had a recent hit and his name is still fresh, they you throw the project at him to bank in on people who would not go to the movie because of what it is but would be interested in the director.
And this is how you end up with fant4stics.
>implying you wouldn't watch a Clint Eastwood magical girl movie too

Who?

Troid is single-handedly killing this place.

Fuck off

>>implying you wouldn't watch a Clint Eastwood magical girl movie too
As in Eastwood directing or Eastwood staring in?

Does he at least watch animu
He actually strikes me as the type that might

>Let's get Clint Eastwood to direct Pretty Cute while we're at it.

Makes sense. Reminds me of when people compare Citizen Kane to things despite Citizen Kane being famous for innovations in cinematography and plot. It's all about names.

>sketch comedy
>comedy horror
>okay let him do Akira

Wew

It was a bad idea to add it in general, because back then it was unsure if we were going to get a surge of live action garbage (like we are now) or not.

>2D anime will die in your lifetime

gits was fine m8
it wasn't great but it wasn't shit either
just fine
i'm mad they didn't include THAT music in THAT scene

>a surge of live action garbage (like we are now
dude
you can count the live action adaptations on one hand
and none of them is doing well
Shillywood is desperate for fresh material but that just won't take off because the american formula isn't fitting for longer stories that you find in manga or anime
just like it wasn't for european comics with that god-awful Tintin movie

You wanted anime to be mainstream? Well there you go.

Normalfags won and Sup Forums is dead.

>Snow White and the Huntsmen
>Ghost in the Shell

I can't find any mention of it on the archives from before 2015, but I'm pretty sure it's older than that.

This rule at least needs to be limited to Japanese live action adaptations. All these shitty western adaptations can fuck right off to Sup Forums.

I've never heard of that director or his movie before. Then again it's extremely rare that I watch any movies.

>Live-action adaptation of Akira
Save me from this meme-hell.

give me one reason why this is bad without mentioning the color of his skin r/a/cists/

When was it added? I first used Sup Forums in 2004, but never read the rules.

I want out of this hell. I want normalfags to leave anime culture alone.

thissums it up

Get Out was his debut. Apparently less than a month later, he's being scouted by Warner Bros for whatever movie they can put him in.

It's a nigger and made in murrica.

comedy and drama are very alike
he should be capable of pulling off a decent movie

3DPD doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

I came here in '09, and I think it's been there the entire time.
I have no evidence though.

Fuck off to Sup Forums already.

>Hollywood
>western director
>3dpd
there

>>>Sup Forumsrules/4

What's the point of live-action adaptations anyway?
Do normalfags hate animation?

>multiple Sup Forums shit
>mods fucking slow
>crossboarding retards think its okay to post now
>more shit threads swamping even the most autist spammer

>Do normalfags hate animation?
They think it's for kids. Unless it's some dark humor shit, then they think it's ok for adults to watch.

Oh boy, Sup Forums (Sup Forums) is here yet again to grace us with another one of their shitty 'redpill' threads so we all get riled up about niggers or something.

I care more about Sup Forums culture than what mods like Troid think.

Just look at cape shit.

Get Out made a lot of money, kind of easy to do when your budget is only $4.5m. There's zero loss for a studio with these kinds of productions because even a flop will still generate a profit. Now what happens when your AKIRA film needs 30-40x that just for production alone?

>immensely popular cash mashines
not the best example

It is an excellent example.
The comics sell like shit.

I told you nigger that anime will be the new capeshit.

It's your fault for going to see GitS.

>anime and manga board
>for some reason 3DPD hollywood trash is allowed

Something not right here. This shit should go on Sup Forums.

so did akira
i'm not sure what your point is

>grace us with another one of their shitty 'redpill' threads
If you insist.
This is a way for Warner to grab control over adaptation rights of the Kodansha outside of Japan. not that they plan on doing much, but they want to kill the concurrence. Think of it as media dumping

At least it was still in the ending credits though

This. At least Peele seems like a somewhat competent director unlike Sanders. It's still gonna be shit but there's that.

The Monkey's Paw

3d shit should be shot on sight.

Battle Angel up next year. Wonder when the first trailer will drop.

I'm rather sure it sold rather well. Otherwise it wouldn't have gotten so many reprints and translations.

It's a great way to turn losing licences that generate little when they remain in comic book form into money-making machines.
All of this with little risk since brand recognition alone gives you at least a small audience.
that said, the big flops that are Ghostbusters and Power Rangers might be proof that the scheme is not working anymore

>1st time director who made a horror/comedy is being courted for a big-budget sci-fi anime adaption that will be green-lit based on the earning of GitS

Hollywood executives are so fucking high on coke I swear to god

Akira, GiTS, Battle Angel, all this sort of darker series actually tend to do better in the US and Europe than it does in Japan.

>big-budget sci-fi anime
80% marketing eh

Cameron said he's delaying Battle Angel until after all of his Avatar sequels. Avatar 2 is already delayed, again.

Does anyone even remember Avatar?

Bullshit. Cameron finally got around to starting it 17 years later?

battle angel alita wrapped up filming already m8

I wouldn't mind that. Get Out was a good movie

Budget numbers we see only reflect the production costs, not all of the marketing after the fact.

Robert Rodriguez is directing now

marketing is production though

Cameron has been saying this for almost two decades.
It's always his next project that will start next year, not matter what year it is.
And he has five Avatar movies planned too. It's like he wants to lose money.

Not in how it's reported, production is what it takes to make the film, not sell it. For some films, the marketing costs may be more than the production, like Ghostbusters last year.

>akira
>not anime

So many mangas/anime that don't take place in Japan and don't feature an asian MC: Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Midget, Berserk, Attack on Titans...
And what do murikans decide to adapt? Stuff like Akira, GITS or Death Note. Why not Princess Fucking Mononoke, while you're at it?

>mangas

Jews need to fucking go.

if there were a grammar board I'd like it for you

Well, /lang/ was deleted.

Cameron is only producing and co writing. Robert Rodriguez is directing. Also it will be called Alita: The Battle Angel. They already have the cast and it wrapped shooting

Notice all these Hollywood spammers on Sup Forums are Phone Posters like OP.

They must enjoy banevading.

They should've just given Del Toro all the weeb adaptions from here on out.

Fucking hell. NOW I want to watch it

One-Metal-Arm Alchemist would require an actual special effects budget, they can't do that

If Desperado Rodriguez is directing it I'm hopeful, if it's Spykids Rodriguez then I'm not getting my hopes up.

Del Toro is mediocre at best, except for Pan's Labyrinth.

Pacific Rim was a collection of cliches, as well intentioned as it was.

Spykids 1 and 2 are good kid movies though.

But then again, I'm expecting Sin City Rodriguez.

I hated Pacific Rim and will never understand why people always suggest that forgettable lead actress to play the Major.

Summer blockbusters really dont are about director, actors or "talents".

This, seriously.