Is Togashi a hack?

Is Togashi a hack?

what the FUCK is a togashi...

No, all he does is make generic shonen but throw in some edgy scenes in 2 arcs to make pseudo-intellectuals think he's deep.

It's not that uncommon for mangakas to recycle or outright copy and paste ideas and design.
Akira Toriyama being the prime example.

Literally means nothing, it's somehow a crime a writer draws from his past work?

He's improving and refining past elements in previous stories. I like YYH as much as the next guy but you can't deny it's pretty much by the books.

The fact you came to that conclusion means you weren't not all the bright to start off with. And probably 13

You are an idiot.

>HUMANS...ARE THE REAL MONSTERS...
confirmed hack

Wait, it's the same author. Oh, that's the joke.

yep

Is this a Jojo reference?

Black Video > Chimera Ants though. Everyone can agree on that.

Anything is better than the shitty Chimera Ant arc.

I've never read yyh, so I can't agree.

No, CB had a great premise but ended up like DBZ.

>generic shonen
>throw in some edgy scenes to make pseudo-intellectuals think he's deep
Look everyone it is tokyo ghoul

>generic shonen
HxH is the pinnacle of battle shonen.

>has only a hand full of fights worth mentioning
>pinnacle of battle shonen
Nah.

Kuroro vs Hisoka is probably one of the greatest fights on manga.

That goes to DBZ. Not an insult, though. If you want a show you go to solely for intense fights, that's your best bet.
That was more of a war of attrition laced with psychological warfare than a "fight".

He still writes some of the most likeable characters in shounen so who cares.

>toriyama
>not a hack

Chrollo and Hisoka was a hilarious shitshow, but I don't feel it was good fight.

>Kuroro
You do realise Japs don't have L's, right? You're supposed to read that line Chrollo.

I should probably watch yu yu hakusho one of these days.

>Comic relief jobber becomes super strong

Leorio is still weak, just because Ging let him land a hit on purpose doesn't make him strong. Kuwabara is actually strong, Leorio is not.

Chimera ant arc was the best hunter arc, only hipsters disagree. As for the Black Video arc, never got that far in YYH.

>>Shounen lead finally beating his female master so bad that he makes what Darth Vader did forgivable.

I wanna live long enough to see that happen!

Name a shonen author who isn't a hack.

>Name a manga author who isn't a hack

fixed for accuracy

It was pretty bad, actually. Rough art quality, stupidly convoluted powers with tons of exposition, and little particularly engaging action.

>Kurapika
>unreliable edgelord
Nigger please.

Who cares, it's good.

At least Tokyo ghoul has better art and is consistent, meanwhile the other is ded

Mmmm, nope. Chrollo's abilities were pretty straight forward. What made it deadly were the combinations with which he used in combat.

Chrollo explaining his abilities was a key factor in Hisoka's defeat. Hisoka spent valuable time mulling over exactly how Chrollo's moveset would come into play afters he's been told what they do. All while fighting off hoards of puppets. The idea is too wear down Hisoka's spirit by gradually applying pressure and making more and more difficult to counterattack until he completely loses his cool. It's psychological warfare, he came prepared.

People expected some super epik hand to hand fight like Fairy Tail or Bleach. They were disappointed.