Now that the dust has long since settled, how does Sup Forums really feel about Kill la Kill...

Now that the dust has long since settled, how does Sup Forums really feel about Kill la Kill? I remember it was huge in 2014 but now nobody really talks about it.

It was garbage.

It was fun. That's about it. It's just one step abpve OPM.

It wasn't amazing nor was it garbage.

It was a fun anime with cool scenes and good music.

>above OPM

Are you high. OPM was funnier, a million times better animated, better OST, Saitama was more memorable than everyone in klk combined

Awful, all the girls are worst girl

There is nothing to talk about, it's the greatest show of the last 10 years, nobody can argue otherwise.

Inferior TTGL.

Half the side characters were more memorable than everyone in KlK combined

OPM is the creatively worthless panel by panel adaption, with dreadful backgrounds design and poor animation outside of the sakuga bursts of the fights, of a mediocre gag manga .
Please go back to Sup Forums, R.eddit or wherever you came from.

Superior TTGL

>user is just jealous he will never be a saikyou hero

Highly overrated mediocre anime just like OPM, Luluco and Mob Psycho.

If there's no new material, then there's no need to talk about it.

>dad tier humor is funnier
>OST
>the most ironically memorable charecter has nothing unique about him
hmmm

(you)

Out of those only OPM is mediocre.

>making fun of overpowered heroes > lolsorandumb
>Saitama's theme alone shits on anything in KLK's soundtrack
>Saitama is still more likable and memorable no matter how hard Sup Forums tips its fedora

feels good senpai

OPM>you

Dude this shitpost really doesn't work, if you want to stir up shit about KLK at least compare it with a real show, and not with One Punchline Meme.

If you retards want to shitpost about One Punch Man, go make a new thread about it.
Shitpost about Kill La Kill here.

Wonder why no on mention AOT

>and not with One Punchline Meme
Did you watched the show?

>Did you watched
OPMfags everyone

incorrect

I wanted to drop it around EP6 or so.
It felt like they were completely winging the story and or didn't know where to go with it.

I only remember it because it had stickied threads on Sup Forums. Good art direction/animation.

Garbage plot/char development.

>It felt like they were completely winging the story and or didn't know where to go with it.
>Garbage plot/char development.
So you did drop it? Because otherwise this is doesn't make sense

>2014

Didn't it start airing in the fall of 2013? But I guess it didn't gain traction until 2014.

Fuck. Where did all that time go?

Overall good
Fun characters
Creative animation
Ending felt weak

I remember it airing with Kyousougiga and Samurai Flamenco, and then even with Space Dandy. Good times.

>doesn't want to answer the question
What a fuckin retard

It was garbage filled with shitty cliche's and characters that insult your intelligence as an anime fan. The director of this series makes nothing but shitty joke anime and should kill himself.

I really liked it, had a whole lot of fun. The ending isn't the greatest and the plot is kinda iffy so I would give it a 9/10, but it's still fucking awesome.

Even worse than Naruto

I followed every single thread when it was airing. I shilled as hard as I could against anti-KLK and irc shitters who kept calling it garbage. I made so many god damn threads and I could not stop talking about the fucking show. I still have a KLK folder that's almost 1 GB.

I knew it was shit the whole time, the ride was amazing though. Pic somewhat related

>I knew it was shit the whole time
Why waste all that time and effort just to be wrong?

>asks someone on Sup Forums if they watched an anime
user, everyone here has seen every anime

I said the ride was fun, faggot. What more do you want from me?

This.
This isn't Sup Forums kid, you have to go back.

It was a fun ride when it aired because of how popular and retarded it was. Watching it with Sup Forums was really fun.

In hindsight it was complete garbage.

I couldn't care less if you enjoyed the ride, you're still wrong, and the fact that you were so invested in it and still failed to realize that KLK is objectively stellar in pretty much every aspect just seems silly to me.

>In hindsight it was complete garbage.
Another retard.

I remember it being bad

>overrated mediocre anime
>Mob Psycho
wat

It shit the bed after episode 20 and you know it. A ton of built up shit went nowhere. They even went as far as addressing that Mako was OP and then just dismissed it instantly. And let's not forget that fucking life fiber bullet. Oh and how about Tsumugu could hear Senketsu talk while Satsuki never could?

I'm sorry but the ending was just too generic shounen shit for me to ever care.

It was good but the animation was kinda poor.

It was fun. I liked the soundtrack

This is true.
It had a great ost, the first half was really good but shit the bed with the car ep and just crashed hard with no survivors after that.

it was a great chinese cartoon

no it fucking stupid. It's literally an anime only autistic 12 year old boys would like. Don't make some bullshit excuse like "oh it was good until", because it was doomed from the start. it's just another terrible show that became popular because of how goofy and LOL RANDUMB it was. Get over it.

>It shit the bed after episode 20 and you know it.
No.
>A ton of built up shit went nowhere.
No.
>They even went as far as addressing that Mako was OP and then just dismissed it instantly.
She just happened to have lots of unexpressed potential. Nothing else needed to come out of it.
>And let's not forget that fucking life fiber bullet.
A bullet created to eliminate someone that went berserk because of the Kamui. Aikuro thought he was forced to use it despite the possibility of killing Ryuko, and even Satsuki was about to do it, but then Mako saved the day in a different way. It never happened or needed to be relevant again.
>Oh and how about Tsumugu could hear Senketsu talk while Satsuki never could?
Foreshadowing of Senketsu evolving, not even Tsumugo was sure it really happened.
>I'm sorry but the ending was just too generic shounen shit for me to ever care.
I'm sorry you didn't understand it.
Maybe you should go back to Naruto.
Retard.

I loved it. It's a very relaxed show.
>Incredibly fun music ala DBZ makes you ready to cheer
>Characters are fair even if their flaws are both crippling and too much of their personality
>Art and animation is very livid and fun

Don't take it too seriously

For one, the Student Council members are referred to as the four devas, ie the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhism, who are said to be protectors of Lord Sakra, living atop "Mount Sumeru" (the center of the Buddhist universe) which you'll find looks similar to the design of the strange mountain that Honnoji Gakuen sits atop. Mount Sumeru is said to be populated with terraces where different levels of Sakra's followers reside, similar to the star system in the series.
Honnoji Academy is a reference to the Honnoji Incident in 1582, where Nobunaga was betrayed by his general Akechi Mitsuhide at the Honnoji Buddhist temple in Kyoto. This is alluded to when student council member Sanageyama directly quotes Mitsuhide's famous "The enemy awaits at Honnō-ji!" speech. Ragyo = Nobunaga, the daimyo trying to unify Japan (Ragyo trying to take over the world), and Satsuki = Akechi Mitsuhide, the general that betrays her at Honnoji (the same place that Satsuki betrays her mother in the series). This also fits with the idea of the temple sitting atop Mount Sumeru, since Buddhist temples are often architecturally designed to invoke the imagery of Sumeru (you will also find images online that show Honnoji Gakuen, when seen from afar, is designed to look like a Kamui uniform with it's arms in a round circle, relating to the Buddhist meditation position where practitioners bring their hands in a circle in front of them and imagine themselves as Mount Sumeru).

The light seen emanating from Satsuki and Ragyo is a reference to the "rainbow body" phenomen, a state of spiritual realization in Tibetan Buddhism, wherein light is said to emanate from practitioners as they reach higher levels of understanding. In the most advanced state, where one is said to have attained complete knowledge, rainbow colors are seen. Not only does light emanate from Satsuki and Ragyo, but Ragyo also exhibits rainbow colors, and at one point even specifically refers to herself as "one who knows all the truths in this world." You'll also note that during the bath scene with Satsuki (which Ragyo refers to as a "ritual") at the climax of the scene Satsuki's chakra (specific energy points on the body) are very clearly shown as being opened.
The story of Kill la Kill may be a reference to an ancient Tibetan apocalypse mythology, that predicts a war in which foreign invaders will be defeated by a king from a distant land that joins forces with the gods of Mount Sumeru to bring peace and understanding to the world (something to that effect), which is possibly a reference to Ryuko joining forces with Satsuki to defeat the aliens. More generally speaking though, the story I think focuses on Ryuko's personal "path to enlightenment" (i.e., the Way she's not supposed to Lose), and how she's helped by her Kamui (god clothing) to come to an ultimate understanding (or Nirvana) about herself and the nature of her existence, and to be at peace with it. This is most notable in that Ryuko defeats Ragyo at the end of the series, not by destroying her, but by "Absorbing" her with Senketsu. "Absorption" is a state known as jhana (meditative absorption) and is the last of the eightfold paths in Buddhist practice needed for attaining Nirvana.

There are many other possible references, including what looks like a lotus blossom (very important Buddhist symbol) during the Absorption, Senketsu possibly being a Boddhisatva, and a visual nod to Nirvana (snuffing of the flame) in Senketsu's death scene.
The story revolves around Ryuko, who's deeply upset about her father's death, and later about the realization of her true nature/existence as being both clothing and human. But at the end of the series she accepts the nature of her existence and doesn't let it affect her anymore. As a thematic central message, that sort of character progression seems to resonate with Buddhist belief, that the world is filled with suffering born from a lack of understanding/acceptance of the nature of reality and one's self (dukkha), and that peace is achieved from coming to understand and accept that nature, and not allow it to affect one's self (nirvana). While Ryuko at the beginning of the series is confused and angry by the death of her father, at the end of the series she can think back to Senketsu (who also had passed away) and smile knowingly (the fact that her father and Senketsu both share an eyepatch seems to make the parallel all the stronger). Ryuko's "way" was the path to her coming to accept the nature of life and of herself, which is why the Buddhist imagery seems an appropriate a thematic umbrella.

Be honest, how many of you noticed this?

I had to force myself to finish it. It started off pretty fun, but eventually it ran out of charm and got fucking boring. I only kept going so i could at least say i finished it.

though satsukis forced fingering was 10/10

KLK is reddit tier shit to so you should probably join him

I'm sorry you were too dumb to get it. I already posted some aid for the mentally impaired, things should be a little more clear now.

It was good but the ending is terrible. They killed off the best character by far (Senketsu)

It's pretty fun, but
>now nobody really talks about it.
Are you fucking serious? It feels like there's at least 4 or 5 KLK threads per week, usually with hundreds of posts.

1. gamagori
2. Mako
3. Nui

Only good thing to come out of it was Nui

Shit

>good
Did you mean to say bad?

KLK has no bad characters. Even completely irrelevant side characters like Soroi the Butler are great.
Except for Tsumugu, always hated him, I was glad when he became the jobber punching bag in Sanageyama's place.

you dont give a shit about any of them though. just because characters have personality doesn't mean they're good characters. They're all idiotic and pointless just like the show itself.

Are you still trying? We already realized that you're too stupid for KLK. Piss off.

Yet this is my 1st response. You imply it's one person yet you're the retard with shit taste who can't handle the fact that they're wrong

told ya bitch

I think it's a strong 7/10 but I massivly missed out by not watching it with Sup Forums as it originally aired, instead seeing it years later.

>7/10
holy fuck. you rate anime way too highly if you consider that shit a 7. There's no fucking way it's close to shows that are a clear 8 or even 9/10.

If Bebop is a 9 or 10/10, how can you possibly rate KLK so close? it's barely a 5 which is considered average. i'm looking at this strictly from a critical viewpoint because obviously you're overall enjoyment is different, but still. You're being way too generous for such a dumb show.

>If Bebop is a 9 or 10/10
This reeks of Sup Forums.

Seeing how the retards here think it's only enjoyable for the hype factor, it's probably better to watch it alone and actually understand what you're seeing.

OPM didn't even have a plot until the 90 chapter mark and it still beats klk's ass in all categories.

I rewatched it a bit ago, much better than I remeber. Falls painfully short a few times but overall really good series with the fantastic music and characters animation can be very good at times when it's not shit for comedic reasons.

It's a very fun watch but nothing 10/10 asides from the music

OPM is shit compared to Mob, and not even Mob is half as good as KLK.

You can't compare KLK to those shows at all

Mob is a character drama/action/comedy about teenagers with superpowers, of course you can.

yeah. the other shows are actually enjoyable.

It was great, not much that hasn't had anything air for 3 years gets talked about anyway, I'd say KlK gets talked about more than most shows of its vintage.

It was a great ride watching it air with Sup Forums

>It was great
how can something be great when it was never even good.

Can you even articulate a thought or is it just pointless shitposting?

KLK is gorgeous and if you people can't appreciate it, then that speaks to the sorry state of this board.

Kemono Friends is the official AOTS, Sup Forums is dead.

You can pinpoint the exact moment it went to shit when nui appeared

nui was shit but i liked the story buildup from her appearance until ep 23 a lot more than the first half of the show, it was a shame they couldn't balance action/plot development between the two halves, felt super lopsided

Aside from the pacing going too fast between 19 and 20, the development was perfect.
The only episode in the first half not strictly necessary for characterization and worldbuilding was 4.

it went to shit within the 1st 10 minutes of the 1st episode.

Mediocre. Satsuki was a cool character, but the writing and animation were substandard or generally nothing special. Trigger only seems to do well with shorts.

When it comes to Imaishi, it can only end one way

Emotional ranking

Nova>Senketsu>Nia