Gendo fucks up a much superior anti-angel weapon just because "need moh money fo dem programs"

>Gendo fucks up a much superior anti-angel weapon just because "need moh money fo dem programs"

Hm

It was never about killing angels, it was just about getting Shinji in the motherfucking goddamned robot.

Gendo achieved that on episode 1

>hear people mentioning anno having budget problems with nge
>first episode is about gendo getting told that he has to watch his fucking budget

>no AT Field
It's shit.

But biomechs are wayyyy cooler.

Basically this.

The entire plot is some bullshit by a bunch of assholes fucking up the rest of humanity over and over for their own interests.

That's the real story.
All of them were pieces of shit and if people had truly known what was going on you can bet the whole EVA program would have been put to a stop and it would have been replaced by a more transparent agenda to save mankind by whatever means necessary.

An army of fully mechanical robots based on the jet alone program would have been much better at that.
Plus those fucking eggs and their embryos should have been destroyed to prevent any tang shenanigans.
They had no wikileaks to save them from the illuminati in that world.

If you want to aloha snackbar the angel, sure. It's a remotely controlled nuclear reactor with legs

This, it would just end up nuking whatever area it was trying to protect

Weren't the angels only awakened because they were screwing with pre-EVA technology?

Nuclear reactors can't just turn into nuclear bombs, even if it melts down, more paranoid jap nonsense.

They were awakened, lured and baited deliberately.
Everything was a farce.

Good thing jet alone wasn't strictly a traditional nuclear reactor

How is money even a concern in the apocalypse?

All according to the Dead Sea Scrolls

Actually it was time constraints that was the real problem. They rode their bike to give the TV station the demo tape minutes before Eva's airing time for a few episodes. They didn't review some of the episodes prior but let it slide due to Eva's popularity notablely Kaworu's episode. They got in some real hot shit for killing a childlike character in TV and needed to see everything early so that's why episode 26 literally uses household materials

Not budget, time. It's how they were able to throw director's cut footage straight on their DVD's

Yeah, I think they tried something called a "contact experiment" once before when they found Adam in the ice of Antarctica.

Not money but general resource allocation to preservation efforts. No point in saving anyone if nothing is left to be saved.

>superior
>no AT field
It literally was an utterly pointless waste of money done only due to military-industrial complex political bullshit and because they didn't want to be so dependent on NERV, which is understandable but doesn't change that fact it was useless. Yeah there was a whole secret agenda and so forth but doesn't change JA being junk.

Misato was not in on the secret SEELE shit or Gendo's plans or whatever, she genuinely believed in the publicly stated cause, and she and Ritsuko shat on it for good reason. If JA was the kind of thing that could work then so would N2 mines and JA wouldn't even be needed, they could just blast the shit out of Angels without any robots at all.

You what? In a post-apoc scenario resources are MORE valuable and limited, not less.

This is what the rebuild movies should have been about that robot and its developers

But how would they get past the AT Fieldo?

Sounds incredibly dull considering they've never come into contact with any of the angels

Although I guess and entire show about R&D would be pretty ambitious.

Science that shit until they get it done.

You dont get it, there would be drama and shit. And a little girl.

Enjoy being extinct before then.

positron rifles senpai
you know the thing that worked in literally the previous episode

N2 mines worked.(sometimes)
It's just that they would have annihilated half of the region in evers single fight.

>your entire zionist illuminati memeplan relies on getting your autistic son into the fucking robot
>almost gets nuked in the first five seconds

100 million IQ Master strategist Ikari Gendo

I like that this piece of garbage is becoming a meme.

Dummy plugs would have worked just fine

Politics and bureaucracy, my man. Your local post office or DMV does the same shit.

Why not just take away electricity then to make NERV crippled completely?
You need all of it to fire the damn thing even once.

>miss shot with you expensive toy
>the EVA destroys your even more expensive nuclear oven robot in the next 20 seconds

The angels were the agenst of Seele

Shinji literally missed the first shot, then they deflected the return-fire with some spaceship parts "shield"
You need another rewatch

Jet Alone, come back!

And how does that matter?
The infrastructure can only support one of those rifles.
EVA deflects with the shield,nuclear shit goes boom in the next 20 seconds.

Remember that the double pyramid didn't really have a melee attack.
And it wasn't exactly the agile type.

The EVA is a moving target.

Ehhh, but JA' was great. Especially waist-spin-hammer-attack

Meh, I stopped paying attention once Asuka's titties showed up

When was that exactly?
I'm trying to forget it.

There was the flashback back in Germany
The on time when he climbed over Kaji in the office
The shower scene
Walls of Jericho scene

Forgot any?

Still,most of these happened after the positron rifle thingy.

To quote a guy I once met:
>You need another rewatch

She's 13 you sicko

Wasn't she 15-16?

In my book if she isn't a virgin she isn't a kid

But she is a virgin yoh dumb twat!

N2 mines sometimes slowed an angel down.

That's about it.

Yeah, just like Rei, eh?

No, she turned 14 at the very end of the series. I think during her coma actually.
She is a virgin

Best age.
Ripe for the picking yet still fresh.

Burned it 20 percent.(? Or something like that)
It did something.
Why not launch 10 more?
It's not like Japan's nuclear virginity is at stake.

Wasn't it that they were 14 at the beginning?
I remember something like that.
Even if it's only the Wikipedia page.

>Rei
Which one?

Asuka got the Kaji dick

Rei got Gendo'd

Misato got both

Katsuragi got the corner of a table

dlet

I WALK A LONELY ROAD

>double pyramid didn't really have a melee attack.
It had the drill user.

Asuka is younger than Shinji, Rei is chronologically the youngest but who knows beyond that.
No she didn't. Rei has multiple bodies.

>Why not launch 10 more?
The damage might not stack and you risk shattering Earth's core and sliding Japan the fuck off into the deep ocean to the east if you increase charge power.

That's more of a tool in my book.
It was used as a tool,not as a weapon.
The primary weapon was that pinpoint accurate lightgun shit.

>It was used as a tool,not as a weapon.
>Axe
>Hammer
>Machete
>Screwdriver
>Fork
>Spoon
>A toaster in a towel

Then try it out with two.
They didn't even test the nukes fully.

You need to go back.

And sexy angles.
Stupid, sexy angles.

That drill was like a really weak pencil
Interesting that it didn't break while exchanging fire.

It's a flimsy line that got deployed slowly (like your dick)

God I hope the E7 stuff is going to be good. Ao hurts my soul.

>unironically tolerating two-digit grannies

Because Japan is island nation and they needed both island and GeoFront relatively intact, not ripped apart by 200MT explosion.
>test the nukes fully.
user you do know that theoretically there is no upper level to the power of layered thermonuclear bomb provided you have enough materials to produce it?
They're limited by fear of shattering the Earth's crust, not the production capabilities currently.
US or Russia can probably construct a device to blow the Earth to smithereens in ~20 years or so.

No need to increase charge power, just make a few consecutive strikes. If one was enough to harm it significantly, a few will kill it little by little while posing no risk of breaking crust.

>weak pencil
>efficiently working through GeoFront defensive barriers
>didn't break while exchanging fire
>deployed slowly
>inevitable impeding doom

Good post.

You know what I meant.
It's a shitty drill.
Like the one on oil wells.
It's not a fucking epik melee weapon.

see

>a few will kill it little by little
Core will be protected by AT field and only another AT field can break through it.
Spamming nukes will stall for time while outside manifested flesh of Angel burns away - but it will regenerate every time until the Core is destroyed.
You'd fuck yourself with fallout, nuclear winter and ice age if you keep using it to nuke regenerating Angel every hour.

See Checked.
>It's a shitty drill
Drills are fearsome user, didn't certain anime teach you that?
Also it's a fucking angel.
You don't know if it could throw them around like spears or spawn 4 of them and turn into whirlwind of apocalypse rotating at 20k rpm.

>burn the flesh away
>walk over there with whatever unit you have at hand
>Smash the core that is now unprotected
>PROFIT
Wow,we really needed the torturing of teenage pilots for this plan.
Bravo Gendo, the next Napoleon

>fallout, nuclear winter
N2 stands for NN
Anyway when it's rendered immobile just use the energy rifle from geometric angel ep and you are set.
They could win easily and safely (with some unfortunate loss of life) but the plot needed to happen.

>US or Russia can probably construct a device to blow the Earth to smithereens in ~20 years or so.
Damn, that sounds like fun.

see

Because it didn't fucking do it.
It had a laser-photon rooty-tooty point and shooty at hand.
It was designed for long distance combat,not for chugging spears.

Actually - what the fuck stopped them from just developing small nuclear reactors to power the gun? Worst case humanity dies either way, so why fear strapping some beside the mines?

>now unprotected
AT field.
But it would easier to do with EVA for sure.
Well I agree it would help to deliver the final strike, but it still will have to be carried out by something with AT field = EVA.
>picrelated
Well, this is awkward.
I don't get why you quoted these two posts of mine.
First is about drill second is about Core being protected by AT field, impervious to nukes.
What's your point?

It doesnt count as sex if you put an AT field around your hymen

>Because it didn't fucking do it.
>It had a laser-photon rooty-tooty point and shooty at hand.
Because you don't use your Emperor-issued chainsword if enemy generously stays in the range of your bolter some distance away.
You only rev it up when enemy comes close which didn't happen so you can stick it up their guts.

>Well I agree it would help to deliver the final strike, but it still will have to be carried out by something with AT field = EVA.
Nope, rifle would work either way. EVA just served as a mounting point, no reason why you can't mount it on a giant tank or the nuclear robot.

>small nuclear reactors to power the gun
I thought several big ones powered it up through the super-conducting grid.
Compact power-source to power it probably is out of reach for current tech in the setting.

>>>picrelated
>Well, this is awkward.
>I don't get why you quoted these two posts of mine.
>First is about drill second is about Core being protected by AT field, impervious to nukes.
>What's your point?
Obviously I mislinked, meant

Unportected in the sense that iw won't/can't fight back.
Just smash it with the EVA and be done with it.
Or just penetrate the AT field with the rifle.
It can be done.
It's a ridiculous workaround worthy of a video game,but it can be done.

>nuclear winter
Nice cold war propoganda meme. We've already tested hundreds of high power nukes. Where is the fucking nuclear winter?

They could have used JAs as mobile power sources.
IIRC JA' was equipped with N2 reactor or some shit and it was even more compact.
And it also totally did not make choo choo noises.

>Nope, rifle would work either way.
Good luck putting half the world's power grid offline every time angel shows up in addition to turning whichever country left into moon terrain.
I also thought the fuses used in rifle as ammo worth too much to afford much of them.
May be headcanon.

You just turn the Central Kanto area into a permanent crater.
Big fucking deal.

>Just smash it with the EVA and be done with it.
I agree with that, but Japan will look like a moon if they relied on nukes every time angel appeared.
Also refer to

Only Japan's grid went off-line to fire the rifle.

>Where is the fucking nuclear winter?
>eggheads say mini-ice age is coming
That doesn't mean you'd like to blow this shit up unless you have silent agreement from some island natives or you're a biggest country in the world and just don't care about relatively small patch of your land.
Blowing shit up near GeoFront, and this is where angels will converge, will turn it into radioactive moon terrain which will complicate things greatly.
Repeatedly striking attacking angels will leave whole Japan desolated.
Not to mention Angels are not unified in design and attack tactics: not every of them will just walk in a straight line to the GeoFront for you to target them easily.

Boy I'm glad you don't work in the fucking military

>JA
My canon is rusty.
But I still don't think one device could power a rifle.
Authors made a big deal of illustrating how entire country or was it even beyond Japan? fed it power for two shots.

>Good luck putting half the world's power grid offline every time angel shows up
Problematic, yeah, but some countries already deal with blackouts on regular basis. It's more a bother than a problem. Anyway it's perfectly doable and more foolproof than gigantic biorobots.
>addition to turning whichever country left into moon terrain
Several bombs used in a single spot consecutively don't really damage the surroundings more than a single bomb (at least at this scale). You just get a bit deeper crater, still nowhere near enough to get through crust.

What? You prefer risking the whole Earth instead of letting a few million people die? The bomb they used didn't even kill too many people.

I like what I'm seeing

>entire country
Yes, it was only Japan
>one device
That's why I said JAs

>Several bombs used in a single spot
Angels won't generously allow you that.
See last line of Not him, but that's exactly how military think.
I've seen live examples in military contractors, full of former military personnel: if a screw don't go into a wall with a few punches of hammer - they're going to find a stronger guy and have him punch it until it's done or otherwise result is acceptable.

cont
Or at least keep it as backup plan.

The angels are proceduraly evolving over time, they just kind of spawn into the worl(below the earths crust) carrying some loose ideas/memories/thoughts that give them a base understanding of combat and tactics. How in the fuck are you supposed to shoot the black hole angel that exists only in shadow with a gun, or the one that swims through lava? There's no base set of tactics you can apply to these things.

>will turn it into radioactive moon terrain which will complicate things greatly.
Did you even watch it? N2 is not nuclear, no fallout.