So was Asuka the real "antagonist" of Evangelion

Think about it
>her immense hatred of Shinji caused him to expand Anti-AT Fields and causing third impact
>doesn't give a shit if humanity is destroyed
>doesn't care if her teammates are dead
>kamidere
>causes immense pain to the main character

Perhaps this was the point of eva, after all. Bravo Anno..

The antagonist of Evangelion was the 18th angel, Lilim.
So yeah, Asuka is a Lilim too.

>asuka the antagonist
>not realizing the protagonist's was only antagonized by himself
Shinji was his only enemy

Please stop. We don't need 15 EVA threads a day. I get that you just watched it and are excited, but wait for one of the other threads that will pop up.

I don't care about all your pretentious bullshit

Why is her neck and chin like that

Answer me

But the intro said that "rise up young boy and make yourself a legend" so Shinji is the hero of the story, and Asuka is the bad guy.

>doesn't give a shit if humanity is destroyed
Sounds like the Only Sane Man to me tbqh.

Fuckers brought it on themselves.

Pretty much OP. Asuka represents escapism and failure to move on from childhood. Other characters like Rei represents maturity and acts like a guide for the characters to move on.

Well put, user.

long neck is long

post her neck

Asuka was the best girl of Evangelion who made Shinji face his own bullshit.

Never fucking happened, Asuka couldn't even face her own shit.

Rei faced her own shit and became god, so fuck off Asukafag with your fanfics.

Yeah, causing the largest genocide in the history of the world. Best girl alright.

>literally tells Shinji what is wrong with him and makes him see her as another person which he constantly fails to do with everyone
>Which directly causes him to see what Instrumentality is
Shhh, it's okay, Rei is good too, poka-poka etc.

This

That's fanwank. Fuck off Asukafag. Reminder that the real Asuka breaks down because she can't face her own problems, and can't help or tell anyone else what's wrong them either.

>Reminder that Rei nails down both herself and others, and is the de facto guide for characters to find themselves in both EoE and NGE TV.
>Reminder that you're a pleb that misunderstood the entire Evangelion series, and wrongly think that Asuka is anything else but complete shit.

Look at this girl user. This is the best girl in Evangelion, and the girl everyone wants their favorite character to be like. Instead of projecting Rei's good qualities on your favorite character, accept Rei's greatness instead.

Yeah, she kicks him and pushes him. That's not helping at all.

>Asuka and Shinji have glaring flaws that make them human
>Rei is a boring Mary Sue that becomes god

I don't think waifufags know what good writing is

Uh, no, Asuka is the one whom Shinji calls for. Her rejection causes him to move away from his comfort zone and face himself in Instrumentality. Moreover, she's the first human to come back due to her strong will to live among others. Rei, however, isn't even herself after merging with Lilith, just a plot device with no relevance to psychological arc. You seem to be the one who didn't understand Eva, if you actually believe what you wrote. Sad!

Good writing is something yaoifags are allergic to.

But the best part is that your greentext is wrong as well. Rei is not a Mary Sue, she's not perfect, she doesn't always succeed, she screams "GLARING FLAWS" the moment you meet her. Rei is a great character that doesn't overdo it. Anything she does is the product of her own effort and through interacting with others and learning from them.

Also, Asuka's character rips off doujins for fucks sake, and works like Nausicaa.

Uh, no. Asuka had literally nothing to do with that. She's a broken puppet by the end of the series, remember? She did literally nothing, and unless you forgot, Shinji only goes to Asuka to seek comfort. Did you forget how he only uses her to satisfy his own brief sexual urges, and then forgets about her instantly?

>Rei, however, isn't even herself after merging with Lilith, just a plot device
HAHA, wow, someone really did not understand Evangelion. Rei IS Lilith, and was ALWAYS Lilith. She began as Lilith, became human through being placed in a human body, and returned to her rightful and original body by the end.

This was always part of the character, and Rei's apparition in episode 1 proves that perfectly. Rei's arc leads right up onto this, if you want a plot device, go for Asuka. The only character that does nothing but die to advance the plot.

Sorry kiddo, but Asuka is objectively and factually shit, and you need to stop pretending it's not the case. It's escapism. Do we really need go with NGE frame for frame for you to remember how much of a failure Asuka is?

no, asuka was the best

Asuka a fucking shit. Rei is the absolute best.

>reifags still desperately try to prove their waifu isn't schizophrenic shit with no self-value
>being this salty over Asuka being best girl
>tfw even the Master admits it
Mhmm, their tears are as delicious as always, I wonder how many of them will hang themselves after 3.0+1.0

Her neck

>mad asukafag still butthurt that his shit waifu isn't even half the character Rei is

No wonder you're crying for big daddy Anno to come give you the pandering you need. Protip, no matter what he does, the original, real Asuka will always be shit and inferior to Rei and there's nothing that will change that. You will always know that to be true in your heart, and you will ALWAYS be butthurt regardless of how pandered to you are.

Actually, all are worst girl. All eva girls are bad. Asuka is a terrible human being, Rei is autistic and Misato is a drunken slut. Hikari and Maya don't count because they are plain looking and minor characters.

Rei is best girl. Your waifu is 3DPD whore in training.

>he's still salty and mad about Anno speaking the truth
Sorry, reifag, but Anno is the one who created your waifu, he knows she's shit, that's a fact. She's actually a part of his personality. And Asuka being best girl is also a fact. Seriously, sorry, but there's no need to argue, it's been decided years ago.
Asuka>Rei, always and forever.

Asuka also has a strong lust for cock, she's going to be a whore when she grows up.

I believe it is generally accepted that Yui was the final boss of Evangelion. Or at least it is in my headcanon. I any case, she's pretty much the only one who realized her goals in the end.

Asuka is a bitch who I could drown in a spoon of water.
But Rei can't even make a cup of tea.

>reifags are still trying to convince everyone their shit waifu is somehow good
>but m-muh goddess
>m-m-muh reward for personal growth
>m-muh guide for humanity
Truly, the worst part of Eva fanbase and the ones who never truly understood it.

I love how there is exactly ZERO arguments in your post. Rei is better than Asuka because Rei can be proven to be objectively better at virtually everything. She's stronger, smarter, more practical, and she has a more original character in terms of writing.

Asuka will never be best girl regardless of what Anno says. He has created Rei, but he can not undo Rei. She exists and I can show you her and why she's better than the garbage Asuka any time.

You lose, and will always lose.

>no argument
>just butthurt

Sasuga Asukafag. You will always be the worst part of the fanbase because you refuse to accept the facts even when you are shown direct screencaps of it.

What about in EoE when Shinji is have fug with Rei in the instrumentality, then when he leaves him and Asuka are one the beach. Its like sex when its fun and shit, then you fail to satisfy her and have an awkward moment with the random bitch laying there on the bed, begging you to choke her harder. Rei is the good part of sex,Asuka is the bad part.

Sorry, but you're wrong again. I heard your "arguments" before and they are nothing but fanwank of a desperate and lonely person, the type Anno wanted to save but, it seems, failed. The actual truth about Rei is hard for you to accept, I know, sorry. Rei will never be the best girl.
>he cannot undo
You mean he cannot make you understand the truth since you won't accept it out of desperation? Sad!

Reminder. Failure to accept that Rei > Asuka is equivalent with a failure to understand Evangelion.

Again, no arguments, just a butthurt Asukafag. You've been shown screencaps, facts, and you've never been able to do anything but pretend the screencaps aren't real.

Rei > Asuka, it's a fact of history that you can not change.

Sorry, your arguments will be senseless fanwank and self-lying, there's no need for me to even write anything.
Sorry, you're wrong, I'm really sorry, but the truth is different. Asuka>Rei. I understand that you're an escapist, but sorry, can't do anything about it.

>no arguments again
Sad, you're so angry about the posts above which conclusively proved Asuka was shit that you're now forcing yourself to post nothing.

Sorry kid, but Rei is literally mankind's God in the canon. She's stronger, more original, and doesn't have to resort to escapism in order to get by every day. There's nothing you can do about this except accept it or be butthurt like you are now. Like so many other Asukafags before you, you've chosen to be the lesser person.

>She's stronger, more original, and doesn't have to resort to escapism in order to get by every day
See? Fanwank! How surprising! I'm sorry, kid, but people who actually understand what Eva is about will laugh at you after reading this. I, however, feel really really sad for you.

Keep going, you're hilariously butthurt right now.

Not this shit again

Zeruel-kun and Test Type-san are better waifus

>lame comebacks
See, you yourself know well that you're lying. Sorry, user.

GOD DAMN YOU HALF JAPANESE GIRLS

Your butthurt feeds me and every other eva fan.

Asuka is worst girl because she's unshippable, unlovable and a terrible person. She's just a cute redhead, and that's the only reason people like her.

>current year
>rei cucks

The only person that was cucked was Asuka. Rei was all over Shinji in the instrumentality.

Shinji and Asuka are in pretty similar situations, so that's probably she tries to hate him so much, it's like she's hating herself.

Bitch didn't really care about the others and believed she should be superior, but got her bubble burst eventually.

Rei isn't even anatomically complete.

>the one person Asuka hates and calls a doll gets more dick than Asuka

Asuka getting NTR'd

Complete enough to become one with Shinji and cuck Asuka.

Nah, she doesn't have a vagina or anus most likely.

>has developed breasts
>doesn't have a vagina

Now who is stupid.

its just a doll user

>doll

She was a little girl once, and actually grew because of puberty. She also bleeds, not a doll.

>Rei is worst girl because she's boring, unlovable and barely a person. She's just a screen for waifufags' projections, and that's the only reason people like her.
ftfy
Cake a best anyway

Why would you want an anime honey who can't cook? Lame!

Keep arguing children

Flip it around. During EoE Asuka became the main character and Shinji became the antagonist. He had no redeeming qualities in the end and by extension neither did the characters that supported him like Rei and Misato. I believe it was Anno expressing his self loathing.

Her first interaction with Shinji was kicking him and telling him that he's arrogant in thinking he understand her. Telling in a million different ways how much she hates him. Then pushing even further by causing third impact.

Its like Asuka didn't even understand that Shinji was in control of the big red button.

I always thought that scene was the Asuka in Shinji's mind

Then the real Asuka ended up caressing his face in EoE

Reminder to report and ignore.

abusing the report button aren't we? the thread isn't breaking any rules.

Its hard to say if it was just an aspect of Asuka, an avatar. Its hard to say, its left up to interpretation. I personally believe he went into Asuka's mind.

Friendly reminder that Asuka IS and ALWAYS will be best girl!
Rei-fags are kidding themselves

Asuka didn't hate Shinji.In fact the only people who hated Shinji were himself and maybe Gendo.

The true tragedy of Eva is that most of the characters tried to help Shinji in their own way but were too damaged to help him or themselves.

I feel like he should have been able to see Misato if he could see Asuka. It was a very confusing ending after all, but post 3rd Impact Asuka does seem to care for Shinji in sharp contrast to the scenes prior suggesting they may not be the sameness entity. That's my interoperation

Only cucks like asuka

>a cruel angels thesis
>lilims are an angel

makes sense

Cuck

Rei literally represents the Oedipal stage of childhood development.

Do all people who love gundam dislike eva

She made it very clear she hated him with every single particle and fiber of her being.

"but if I have to be with you, I'd rather die!"

>human figure made on an assembly line
sounds like a doll to me

Not him but I talk about this here

I don't love Gundam or Eva.

GaoGaiGar is better than both.

I wish it were to be true, but that's only a theory. She even says how disgusting, showing that she still hates him. One of her old lines was "I will never be killed by bastard like you!"

>failure to move on from childhood
Fucking duh, she's 14.

While Rei is a clone of a milf.

No one knows what that last line means

There's theories describing how it could relate to pregnancy and morning sickness

Anno and the seiyuu said it relates to Shinji fapping to her.

No, the real antagonist was this crazy whore

I don't know, but the thing I know is that Asuka started the REAL Evangelion.

>tfw will never be good enough to bag Misato
>tfw even if good enough to bag Misato san, and no matter how bangin' the sex is, i'll always have the nagging feeling she's just using me as a security blanket
>tfw will never be able to cure the sickness in her heart

it hurts guys

I'm going to need a source

>intentionally fucks up her kid by bringing Shinji to her "test" day
>only activates in EoE after Asuka dies to make sure Shinji was ready to start Third Impact
>decided to be the soul immortal being of the human race

Jesus what a cunt

Is this a thing?

I finished Gundam from 0079 to War in the Pocket.

Everybody that I have met that loves gundam thinks that Eva is boring or just hates it for unknown reasons

I have the opposite experience.

People who love EVA claim Gundam a shit and Tomino can't write for shit.

Well i twas from some old Anno quote, Anno asked Asuka's seiyuu if someone creepy stalker went into your room while you are sleeping and instead of raping you, he just watches. He asked the seiyuu what would she say to that person, she said "how disgusting"

So they put it in, I'm sure all the eva experts Sup Forums can vouch for me on that.

Why can't people just like both of them for what they are

Asuka is cuter than Rei

I love redheads, but busty Rei does it for me.

I am a Misatofag but I still think Asuka went through too much shit too early in her life to be able to deal with it properly. When Shinji's mother fused with the Eva she didn't come out, Asuka's turned into an actual soulless demon like some shit from Insidious.

Yui is perfect.

Why does everyone keep calling Asuka a tsundere? Type in any search engine "top anime tsunderes" and Asuka always comes up with Tohsaka Rin and Misaka Mikoto.

If it were true, Asuka would have to have secret romantic feelings for Ikari-kun but thats not the case.

Dunno, I like them both. It's probably because they kind of try to talk about sometimes somewhat similar themes.

She was disappointed the baka wouldnt even embrace her during the kissing scene thats how bad she's got it

nigga you try getting saved by someone diving into a pool of molten magma and see if you dont get squishy feelings for him