Anyone still use CCCP? Looks like it's been abandoned

Anyone still use CCCP? Looks like it's been abandoned.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/198486
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because codec packs are fucking useless these days. If you're on windows mpc has lav filters built in. Better yet mpv, which is much better, is compiled with ffmpeg so it plays literally any file format ever.

>2017
>still using codecs pack
Embarrassing.

Manual installation of MPC-HC, xysubfilter and MadVR is the default Sup Forums setup now. Codec packs like CCCP and KCP can create playback problems later on that manual installation of the above won't. CCCP and KCP were made obsolete the moment MPC-HC started including LAV Filters in the default install.
Don't listen to mpv shills; it's not as good at upscaling and it's lazily designed (no config GUI).

Last time I downloaded a Codec pack was, like, 2013?

I just use one of those Pro apps on my phone now. Don't remember which one.

Yes, I watch my anime on my phone.

>codec packs
Damn, it's 2005 all over again

Fuck off shill.

I've been away for quite some time now ;_;

I remember that stuff used to be tedious to install. I'm guessing with LAV built in now it's more simple?

Install MPC-HC first. Then download xysubfilter and MadVR. xysubfilter and MadVR are both incredibly easy to install: extract both to their own, new, permanent folder, then right click the included installation .bat and select run as administrator to install.

>no GUI means lazy design

This is what wangblows users really believe.

if you need a gui to know how to configure your shit you probably shouldn't be configuring shit.

Just use mpv, it's madvr+lav+vsfilter out of the box. The only thing different is that instead of a menu you just have to copy and paste a text file for configuration.

I just use LAV Filters Megamix. Includes xysubfilter, MadVR and the lots in one installation package.

This is a reminder that MadVR is now much better at upscaling than mpv: screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/198486

Jesus Christ I can't believe it's that easy. It really feels like I didn't make a difference.

>ave to copy and paste a text file for configuration.
What

>comparing NGU to ewa_lanczossharp
Are you stupid?

Remember when the default Sup Forums setup was CCCP+CoreAVC?

MPC is fine. It doesn't need extra stuff.

thing is if youre using linux theres no other alternative to mpv

after using mpcHC for so long its hard getting used to it

Literally no difference

>using Linux
>for a multimedia desktop PC
I guess that's OK if you really don't care about audio and video quality.

>comparing two completely different scalers and calling the better one better
Wow how can mpv even compete? It's bilinear scaler isn't even as good as madVR's jinc!

Post mpv configs.

Literally zero difference other than sub.

There's a significant difference. Look at Kanna's top horn while mousing out/over. Also, make sure nothing like noscript is running in your browser on that website or it'll always look like no difference because it won't work right.

NGU is the best upscaling algorithm available for either media player right now. NGU is not available for mpv. That's the point. MadVR is better at upscaling than mpv right now because it has NGU and mpv does not.

#Default
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
tscale=catmull_rom
tscale-clamp
blend-subtitles=yes
opengl-pbo
interpolation
deband-iterations=2
deband-threshold=128
#opengl-fbo=rgba32f
hwdec=no
video-sync=display-resample
autofit=50%
osc=no

Mine is pretty simple, i don't use any advanced scalers.

[code]# Video
vo=opengl
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-backend=dxinterop
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/KrigBilateral.glsl,~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
hwdec=auto-copy
scale=catmull_rom
scale-param2=0.75
cscale=bilinear # No diference due to KrigBilateral, lower the frame timing.
deband-grain=16
deband-iterations=2
deband-range=12
deband-threshold=48
video-sync=display-resample

# Audio
ao=wasapi
audio-channels=auto
audio-pitch-correction=no
volume=100
volume-max=100

# Window
autofit-larger=90%x90%
autofit-smaller=40%x40%
geometry=50%:50%
force-window=immediate
keep-open

# On screen display
no-osd-bar
osd-font="Source Sans Pro"
osd-font-size=42
osd-color="#FFFFFFFF"
osd-border-size=2
osd-border-color="#CC333333"
osd-shadow-offset=1
osd-shadow-color="#33000000"

# Subtitles
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-ass-force-style=Kerning=yes
sub-ass-style-override=force
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll=yes
sub-font="Source Sans Pro"
sub-font-size=56
sub-color="#FFFFFFFF"
sub-border-color="#CC333333"
sub-border-size=2
sub-shadow-offset=1
sub-shadow-color="#33000000"
sub-spacing=0

# Screenshot
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-jpeg-quality="100"
screenshot-png-compression=0
screenshot-png-filter=0
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-template="%F - [%P]"

# Playback/Track
alang=jpn,jp,ja
slang=jpn,jp,ja,eng,en
no-resume-playback
no-taskbar-progress

# Other
msg-module
term-osd-bar
ytdl
ytdl-format=(bestvideo[vcodec=vp9]/bestvideo[height30])+(bestaudio[acodec=opus]/bestaudio)/best[/code]

I installed CCCP years ago (clicking Next/OK/Whatever) and forgot all about it. It just works.

The only thing stopping mpv from implementing NGU is a licensing thing with the algorithm. I love how everyone thinks madshi is sitting in his room somewhere thinking of these amazing novel scalers to put in madVR. There are reference implementations all over the internet.

OK. When mpv gets NGU then it'll be a viable alternative to MadVR for Windows users. Until then, it's not. NGU is particularly adept at upscaling lineart, which is perfect for anime viewers.

>oil paint filter
Keep telling yourself it is good

Yeah, it's good at lineart just like warpsharp was, kys doom9 memer

Literally no one unironically since forever.

>NGU is particularly adept at upscaling lineart, which is perfect for anime viewers.
This is the same fucking thing people said about waifu2x before realizing the algorithm is complete shit. Neural network upscalers like NGU, waifu2x, and NNEDI3 are a fucking meme. Congrats you found ONE image where NGU looks better than an algorithm that renders frames an order of magnitude faster. I don't want to buy a god damn 1080 to watch chinese cartoons.

I do.

I even remember when anime was all about VxiD and I downloaded it from Kazaa.

I still use it on my PC.
My note has mpv though.

NGU medium works just fine/fast on my old-ass R9 270x / FX 6300. It also still looks better than any other algorithm even on medium.
mpv is a worthy choice for toasters, though, I'll admit that.

I do but I never update cause it just werks.

What is Sup Forums's current meme player?

Waifu2x looks good here.

Fuck you. I still use codecs because wmp won't play files without it. I use mpc whenever I can, but sometimes it doesn't play the audio of a movie I want, and I don't always feel like playing with the settings until I get it.

>2017
>using CCCP

RealPlayer has served me well since 1999, I see no reason to upgrade.

>wmp

Its not abandoned, most updates are beta releases.

Also there is no need to update it.

>mpv is a worthy choice for toasters, though, I'll admit that.
Particularly because it performs better than madVR. I'm glad you noticed.

Go fuck yourself. Win10 is a joke and you can't stay on Win7 forever. Arch masterrace

what the fuck did you just say?

CCCP is only one who supports 10bit format so it allows you to watch audio 1MB/s in bluray resolution.

Still use it. Never had a problem with it.

Gotta watch out for that rotational velocidensity though man.

Which is why it's sad that linux is the best multimedia solution that exists. Windows is just garbage since 8. I keep a VM for photoshop and vidya but otherwise it's fucking worthless. Linux has come pretty far.

Can you use xysubfilter on phone media player?

>Codec packs like CCCP and KCP can create playback problems later on that manual installation of the above won't.
Yeah. no.
I've been using CCCP since it first came out so many years ago, and the one thing it has never done is 'create playback problems'. It works fine; it's always worked fine, and myguess is that it always will for as long as they (pretty much annually) update it.

Most non-shit players will have libass built in.

CCCP still works for me. I don't see a reason to change it.

i just use mpchc and k-lite

CCCP for life. Or at least until something comes out that is noticeably better, not subtle bordering on placebo.

what a good mkv player for ipad mini?

>ipad mini?

The garbage bin

>linux is the best multimedia solution that exists
MadVR is better for video than mpv for capable PCs and Windows has far more options with regards to audio software.
>Windows is just garbage since 8
8 is still fine to use unless you need the latest DirectX for something. Also, if it's W10's spyware you're worried about, I hope you don't think your router and firewall aren't compromised, silly goose.

I still use it and can't see any problems with new anime. Maybe nothing has changed in the last year and a half that is worth pushing a new update for.

>MadVR is better for video than mpv for capable PCs
I don't know where you're getting that baseless claim from, besides a few differences madVR and mpv have basically the same scalers. Technically mpv has a lot more since they allow for custom shaders to be used.

>Windows has far more options with regards to audio software.
WASAPI, ASIO and what else? Granted audio on linux is a shitshow, it still for the most part "just werks".

>Also, if it's W10's spyware you're worried about, I hope you don't think your router and firewall aren't compromised, silly goose.
Sorry that I think it's unacceptable for an operating system's default configuration to be to send telemetry data back to microsoft. Furthermore you'd have to block outgoing TCP/UDP connections to completely stop the spying as it is on a random port with a hardcoded IP so that "viruses can't interfere with DNS". Aka: Microsoft doesn't want you turning it off no matter what.

Or maybe you're implying that my router and firewall are compromised at an OS level? Even then you'd be wrong because I use pfsense.

What do you guys use to watch your rmvbs? I find real player works the best.

>still using Windows for anything besides video games or design software
Seriously?

>if one thing is compromised I should let everything else be compromised too
very retarded logic

I'm not going to bother with Linux just to watch anime and browse Sup Forums.

I think you have it backwards. Why bother with windows bullshit just to use the internet and watch videos? Get a free OS that doesn't fucking inject ads everywhere.

Japanese erotic video games and design software.

linux is for servers, not hipsters

It's 2017. Everything is done through a web browser. Your OS doesn't matter, so stop sending your money to M$ so they can whore you out by selling your data.

Your CPU, router and firewall are likely compromised at a hardware level, not an OS level.

> Everything is done through a web browser
Somebody doesn't play vidya.

yeah let google whore you out instead

I still use it.

it just works.

I use startpage and duckduckgo

Browser?

I prefer mpc. I like smplayer but taiga doesn't work with it so I dropped it and went back.

Mpv being so bare bones and config driven turns me off on my windows system desu

I still use it. Everything still plays, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Use K-Lite

Why is upscaling still a thing in 2017?
Why can't we go back to non-fixed pixel display technology?

Why is the display industry so fucking stupid?
Fucking worthless bunch of niggers keep making displays shittier than CRT's...fucking pathetic

Can you explain MadVR and xysubfilter? Tried checking the sites but I still don't understand it.

Can you explain it to me like the retard I am?

>Why can't we go back to non-fixed pixel display technology?
Space, power/efficiency, visual quality

CRTs suck for everything other than latency.

Also CRTs have fixed pixels too. How do you think the phosphors work?

I'm still using cccp.

Is there really any point in changing? What should I change to if there's something better?

mpv on linux, MPC-HC on Windows.

But it's been like half a year since I booted Windows to do anything serious with it, so I don't remember what MPC's playback looks like anymore.

So what? It still works.

Codec packs are rendered obsolete by the fact that almost every player these days already ships with a powerful library such as libav built in.

I already said that vidya is the only thing you need windows for, and even then you just need a second GPU and you can do that in a VM too.

I haven't used windows on bare metal in like 4 years, best decision I ever made.

which player do you use user?

madvr lessens stuff like banding (lines on the screen that make it look like shit) and xysubfilter makes subs look better.

mpv

It never failed me, at least on Linux.

madvr is the rendering backend for mpc-hc, since the default renderer on mpc-hc is literal horseshit and vlc-tier. madVR provides a ton of high quality scaling algorithms and filters either fix problems with sources or properly upscale them to the monitor you're viewing.

xysubfilter is basically vsfilter and it's the library used to render .ass subtitles. So if you want styling you need it.

I meant to reply to

Fuck off normie

codec packs aren't necessary anymore, mpv is more than enough