GitS

My God it was bad.
Weakest point of the movie was the story, it was fucking shit, they tried to Americanize it to the fullest.

Scarjo and Pitt were two lovers that lived in the 'free' area or some shit like hippies away from all the tech bullshit, till the evil corp came, caught them, extracted their brains so they could turn them to a new kind of androids. Pitt somehow escapes and goes rogue. And Scarjo is like a Police Enforcer that is after him, they both have erased memories. They shoved in the spider tank in the end just so they could keep everyone happy.

muh tachikoma

it goes on both

Fuck the janitor that just swiped the only thread in the board, I hope he has to deal with 8 new threads

And the villain of the movie was da evil capitalism.

well corporations were usually evil in GitS that's not new

Fuck off, that was a shit thread. But at least the op isnt retarded this time to put in a some discussion points from the movie unlike the other gits or death note threads Sup Forums getting lately.

It doesn't matter if the OP is shit, if the discussion is good in the thread it should stay, stop being a fucking piece of shit and defending him, he fucked up and should be punished for it

More opportunistic than mustache-twirling villain, though, like in this

Nah, shit thread was shit. It just need a fresh one like this, or fuck off to your board

We'll see, I already told the mods he dropped the only thread.
He's gonna at least get yelled at

Ghost in the Shell was alright, ScarJo's acting was hit or miss, at times it feels like her acting was spot on, other times it felt like she didn't understand her character. Visually it was a good translation, same with the soundtrack. The plot was generic and drew away from the original message of the series. It's one of the better anime films but that doesn't really say much.

Overall it felt that they focused way too much on ScarJo, and then haphazardly put together a plot afterwards. Batou was decently done though.

From the trailers it seemed like they just picked bunch of iconic/"cool" scenes from the original movie/SaC/Arise/Manga and bolted them together.

Her acting was good but the dialogue writer did a horrible job and she had to do the best she could in my opinion.

That's exactly what they did

They should've gone with the individual 11 story line. You know the "stand alone complex" thing. Especially, right now, we have peopel committing terrorism due to self radicalization. It is exactly what season 2 of Gits was about. People read about the same material and come to the same conclusion and decided to do the same thing.

That was exact mechanism of self radicalization we see in the world right now. Muslims all over the world self radicalize, even 2nd and 3rd generation muslims become terrorists without contact with ISIS or the such, because they read the same doctrine or ideology.

But the film maker didn't go that route but choose to go with wtf cluster fuck the movie plot was.

Stand alone complex is fucking so relevant to the world right now.

The Individual 11 movie was like 3 and half hours long though.

I don't expect anything from modern action flicks except impressive visuals.

>Stand alone complex is fucking so relevant to the world right now.
I also have thought this a lot lately.
>They should've gone with the individual 11 story line. You know the "stand alone complex" thing. Especially, right now, we have peopel committing terrorism due to self radicalization. It is exactly what season 2 of Gits was about. People read about the same material and come to the same conclusion and decided to do the same thing.
I don't know if they'd be able to explore this as well as the TV series did. the actual villain for 2nd gig would have made a much better pick for sure. He was master manipulator.

Goyim, we want you to be entertained and eat popcorn, not to think and makes parallels with IRL situation.
Also, it's somewhat naive to expect something good from shit-tier director and scenarist.

Impressive visuals is about all this offers. Which is the problem.
It doesn't matter though.
I'm convinced why these adaptations are so shit is because the jews run hollywood and are mad they lost the election.

>Scarjo and Pitt were two lovers that lived in the 'free' area or some shit like hippies away from all the tech bullshit
Sounds like a superior android cop anime I know of.

It was kind of like a rip off of this anime now that you're pointing it out

Also we're talking about how great the visuals are, my opinion is the city is straight up stolen from Akira and only feels like Ghost in the Shell in certain sections.

No more normalfag shit on Sup Forums. It just attracts all the Sup Forums and Sup Forums dipshits.

You're fine with shitty Narushit threads everyday but talking about ghost in the shell is the problem with this board, just kill yourself and fast

The naruto threads are normalfag shit. Same with all these stupid live action threads.

It's anime related fuckstick, go cry somewhere else.
There's much more productive shitty threads to be shitposting in.
This board is already shit because narushits are allowed to post here uncontested, you lost. Sorry to say from ex staff

go shove ur shitty live adaptions elsewhere they are always shit

Butthurt ex janitor mad because his stupid Sup Forums shit is getting called out. The live action rule was traditionally in place for the nip stuff. In fact, I think the old Sup Forums rule actually said it had to be Japanese but I can't remember.
Sup Forums always had shitty Naruto threads. And it continues to have people redirecting them elsewhere. This board is more normalfag friendly than it used to be but it's not as shit as you make it out to be. And your hollywood threads aren't helping.

lol ex janitor.
I hope the janitor is happy with what he caused because now this thread is just going to be a shitty meta circle jerk instead of discussion like the thread he deleted.
I actually hope this blows up big enough he gets fired

Well no shit. Hollywood always dumbs down any adaptations because they're afraid that your typical movergoer can't understand the most basic shit and they're fucking right. Remember how people unironically said Inception was a deep mindfuck movie?

Pretty much every novel i've read that was made into a movie was just a shallow shit. Except Forrest Gump.

Sup Forums is more autistic than Sup Forums. It is Sup Forums of media.

Incorrect. Terrorism right now operates through organized cells that actively recruit, train, move and order individuals. A SAC implies a effort made by a group of individuals who have no contact between each other.

>her name was...
>Motoko
I FUCKING EXPLODED
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

>Stand alone complex is fucking so relevant to the world right now.
Maybe I should rewatch one or both seasons. It's been a while.

Have you seen either of the compilation movies? They good? I've never bothered, but it might be a nice change for a rewatch.

>it was bad.
Don't be a faggot and stop with that meme, it was an ok movie. I haven't see the source material tough.

This is what we're talking about. These threads attract Sup Forums dipshits like this faggot.

>I haven't see the source material tough

except militant groups are militant groups, not terrorist groups

many if not most terrorist attacks you see in the news are individuals or groups of individuals who commit isolated cases and then either claim to be associated with a militant group or the militant group tries to take credit for it

so many attacks are just "random person fed up with their life makes a bomb/drives a truck into a crowd", and many of those are without religious/militant ties

>Implying
Being a Sup Forums poster gives me more status than being an Sup Forums poster. True fact.

That is a true fact. So stay in Sup Forums

>Being a Sup Forums poster gives me more status than being an Sup Forums poster.

Could we please talk about how bad this movie was

the soundtrack was horrible

Batou and Togusa deserved way more screen time than they got, not even going to touch on the other characters because they were barely in it but those two should have been around more. I found myself longing for their solid characters to contrast how conflicted the major was, which was completely out of character.
>Tasered 3 fucking times in the club
The major would never let this happen.
The major taking major risks while diving though is totally within her character.
I feel like the best parts of Ghost in the Shell are lost in favor of the origin stories that are told which there are only two.
I did like batou and togusa actors.

>Being a Sup Forums poster gives me more status than being an Sup Forums poster. True fact.
you boiled my noodles so hard that only salt water is left

To clarify: it was a shit adaptation. It was an ok film. 6/10 is what I'd give it putting aside what I already know about GitS

If they had focused on Batou, Togusa and the Major only, and then introduced other characters in the sequel this movie might have gone better.
Toss in a badass ishikawa scene or two and you'd have a decent film.

>status

6/10 is what I give it too.
I keep thinking though that this movie could have rivaled the first matrix in the right hands.
We'll never know though.
Half of me wants this movie to utterly fail but then the other half of me wonders how bad it can really get.
It's kinda like a beheading video you want to look away but you can't.

This is about how I felt about it. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either.

I can honestly say I've never been able to bring myself to watch a beheading video.

Even if I try to watch I end up closing my eyes before it happens.

I've only seen one and I watched the majority of it. I don't need to see another.
Mexican Snitch back in like 08 or something

Never had any urge to look at dismembering.

You should go to /gif/ and find a rekt thread. Beheading aren't the worst things out there.

lol
Yeah, this is pure Sup Forums shitposting. Someone whine on /qa/ till they get rid of the hollywood shit.

>Low standards means I'm always happy

Fuck off, just accept these movies are cashgrabs that will actually pay for more adventurous and risky projects and if you actually go and watch this shit you are wasting your money.