It's April 1st in Japan, which means it's the 10th anniversary to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

It's April 1st in Japan, which means it's the 10th anniversary to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I wish I still have the gaijin 4 koma edit and all the OCs Sup Forums made when the show was airing but my old hard drive busted.

Really nice that we don't need to rely on Keyhole to do livewatching these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aqUsHmtZygg
youtube.com/watch?v=q6ZXRnMqrb8
youtube.com/watch?v=-wnp7-Ndeaw
youtube.com/watch?v=1e2CiFbmQEg
youtube.com/watch?v=7TaMR5UmjG8
youtube.com/watch?v=XrLyefV8-4w
youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc
youtube.com/watch?v=I1IVX9P9kVk
youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I
youtu.be/wbnEBW8PZ_k
amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann-Art-Works-GAINAX/dp/192792507X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491034801&sr=8-1&keywords=gurren lagann art book
youtube.com/watch?v=rYkNcDWgrRk
vimeo.com/129951005#t=2m20s
vimeo.com/47285759#t=2m51s
youtube.com/watch?v=VIiX4TL2_vg
youtube.com/watch?v=58dWRuvx8dE
youtu.be/58dWRuvx8dE?t=1m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=aqUsHmtZygg

What is this madman planning to make next?

Have you pierced the heavens?

If you haven't heard about these, the parallel work video series is a great short watch. Here's a few of the best

youtube.com/watch?v=q6ZXRnMqrb8
youtube.com/watch?v=-wnp7-Ndeaw
youtube.com/watch?v=1e2CiFbmQEg
youtube.com/watch?v=7TaMR5UmjG8

>that soundtrack

I had literally just come here to post about this. Just started watching it again a few hours ago, and I've been excited to watch it again for the past few weeks.

there's a fan edit of parallel works 8 that uses Libera Me From Hell, fits better I think youtube.com/watch?v=XrLyefV8-4w

Happy Birthday TTGL!

Here you go, OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc

Gurren Laggan sequel announcement when?

Hopefully never, Ginaix can't ruin it due to Aniplex owning a good chunk iirc

Can Aniplex hire Trigger to make TTGL S2?

Unrelated but Tattun stated Trigger wanted the Rights to PSG

Collective Stre/a/m when? We should celebrate it with a complete rewatch. Or at least from Ch. 16 to 27.

Only PW8 is worth watching, the rest is pretty meh.

You're damn right it fits better, that was fucking great.

>Its been been 10 years

Who else here watched it with Sup Forums back in 2007 when they were 14

I was 18 and the show resonated with me hard back then. Its still in my top 3 10 years later..

Same here.

I lurked 99% of the time exactly because of the fact that I was an underage b&.

Watching GL was fucking magical and Sup Forums was so much more fun back then with all the OCs. Too bad I was unable to join Geass Sundays the following year because my PC somehow couldn't open Sup Forums for almost a year.

Yeah, it's a timeless classic. Still my favorite anime of all time. I thought Kill la Kill would top it, but it wasn't even close.

M-mods....

No I was a normal-ish 12 year old back then. It's a shame

Also who are we kidding most people here are/were at one point posting underage

The twins dying is still the shittiest thing that has happened in an anime ever

I wish I had, but I was 12-13 back then, and didn't even knew about Sup Forums's until three years later.

Watched it when I was 15 or so, and immediately made my best friend(at the time) watch it. To this day it's still the only piece of media to make me cry like a bitch(ep26), and it marked both our lives. Too bad it apparently didn't mark his enough or something, he doesn't seem like he's gonna make it.

Moreso for the fact that it was pretty sudden and we didn't even got time to let it sink in because secondaries.

>Make comic relief characters
>give them emotional and poetic send off literally sending the next generation forward

Ginaix really had some madmen working for them

They let all the fodder live in the movie.

Except Kittan.

And man, I fucking hate STTGL's design. Looks nothing like a mecha at all. The other Tengen Toppa ganmen all have some mechanical semblance to their design, but STTGL is just a boring humanoid gigantic green energy with sunglasses and a cape.

Imo it made the whole movie a bit weaker because it failed to show how cruel the Anti Spiral were, gave less impact to the "new generation" and that double helix thing

thats badass though

In any other show that is not a mecha anime, sure, I'd agree with you. But it was disappointing to me.

>Kittan
>Fodder

He's easily Leeron tier.

I agree about STTGL, but it's okay when you consider it like a parallel to Anti Spiral's undefined body, but Simon/Kamina esc

The best thing to come out of the movie is this track:

youtube.com/watch?v=I1IVX9P9kVk

>tfw I was posting with a bunch of fucking kids
I was 22

What kind of anime do you think this is, where the mechs need a corporeal form??? Spiral energy transcends the physical barriers of mechanization!

(The reveal was just pretty hype when I didnt expect it at all. It was like I thought I cold only get so erect. Then I gained inches.)

>!

Fuck off back to Gaia.

>It has been 10 years since ROW ROW chanting was a thing
The thing that pained me most about the shitty memeposting of "KLK is going to SAVE ANIME" was that I could tell it was by someone who didn't get how much of an impact TTGL had back when and crappy posters looking for attention flocked to it because of how easy it was to get responses.

TTGL really permeated the Sup Forums culture and was really ingrained into people's minds for several years, but eventually faded. This can obviously turn into a trip down memory lane and the loss of niche communities, but even if the show is looked at as just The Hero's Journey and all of its faults are exposed in discussion in 2017, I think TTGL will still remain second to none in the hearts of those who were around for its heyday.

The day TTGL fades from Sup Forums is the day this entire website finally gives up the ghost.

>ROW ROW chanting

And shopping Kamina's glasses into everything.

I was 16

And chatting about it on IRC anime channels instead of Sup Forums

Hi Jubilee

My first time seeing CP was when somebody posted some in the final episode sticky

Ten years?

I remember playing Rap Is A Man's Soul while streaming vidya and VNs for various boards as late as 2010

It stuck around longer than that

I wanna go back, lads

One week from now, it's 10th anniversary of Lucky Star anime. You now remember the moe vs GAR civil war on Sup Forums.

The movies weren't very good, fight me.
It's just TTGL all over again but worse. The only thing that was improved was the fight against anti-spiral.

That's a pretty common opinion, really.

Did anyone here actually buy the super expensive BD box set?

Don't agree. The second movie is the definitive post time skip story... flow and pacing is great. I only miss is the pre-moon politics and Rossiu drama which solidify the "heart trumps logic" theme and gives Kittan stronger characterization before his sacrifice. Still it's a steady ride from start to finish and focuses the perspective more on Simon who the story revolves around anyway.

Hey a very underrated point about the movies is the improved voice acting

Those fucking Anti Spiral lines are chilling

The movies were just an excuse to make the final fight even bigger anyways.

Don't forget Baccano in July

youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I

Season 2 (or 3rd movie) should be about Anti-Spirals being right. Simon would have to put down civilization to stop Spiral Nemesis, and become new Lordgenome in the end.

No, you faggot

>2007 was the first year I started posting on Sup Forums
>But for that first year I pretty much exclusively used only Sup Forums
I was young and stupid. I remember seeing threads about it and ignoring because I was in an "anime is uncool" phase.

right here

youtu.be/wbnEBW8PZ_k

If you're gonna post post the superior version

There's a lot of nostalgia-fagging going on right now

fuck, is there an artbook or something. I really just want to admire the mechs

There is
amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann-Art-Works-GAINAX/dp/192792507X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491034801&sr=8-1&keywords=gurren lagann art book

LOVE AND ROCK LOVE AND ROCK PEEEEAAAAACCEE

youtube.com/watch?v=rYkNcDWgrRk

I always liked both movie endings because of the little animations they had.

vimeo.com/129951005#t=2m20s
vimeo.com/47285759#t=2m51s

I actually thought they tried too hard for the movie, for example the Lord Genome and Kittan final scenes were much better in the TV series.

Anti Spiral was fucking awesome all around, pity his VA doesn't do many roles.

The endings had such great music.

I remember being up until 2 AM waiting for the subs to come in with Sup Forums. It was the most intense episode of any anime I'd seen ever and I think I have yet to experience that level of hype with any media, really.

It was great times.

I haven't seen the movies in a while, so correct me if I'm wrong, but did STTGL even do anything?
If I remember correctly it just went from right from STTGL transformation to the final clash.
It kinda also devalues TTGL how suddenly everyone has their own Tengen Toppa mechs.
Everyone always points out how the movies have the definitive final fight, but I don't really agree.
Maybe I just hate STTGL.

On my way to.

I don't think it had any deeper meaning than to be bigger and more over the top, honestly.

In the end the whole fight comes down a fist fight.
None of the mechs do something of importance.
But they don't back down against an basically invincible foe but grow stronger and stronger and that's why it's so awesome.

Yeah, I think that's my problem with it, they kinda went too overboard with that.

And yes, I do realise how stupid that might sound when we're talking about TTGL.

Also, I don't think "galaxy sized to 100 galaxy sized" is as significant as "planet sized to galaxy sized" if that makes any sense.

This anime was my obsession for a long time.
My friends in highschool even got sick of it.

Lucky Star also turned 10 years not too long ago I remember the war between the two anime.

The only way I could see a sequel series working is if they pull a Diebuster and set it so far in the future that the events of the original series are all but forgotten, and then Spiral Nemesis starts happening.

Yeah, I get that point of view.

Maybe I just hoped STTGL had done more cool shit before they went into the final clash.

Notice how the final fight ends on the TTGL dismantling itself, foreshadowing how Simon will not abuse Spiral Power and refuses to use it to revive Nia

POTTERY

youtube.com/watch?v=VIiX4TL2_vg

great video

Fuck off, Digi.

youtube.com/watch?v=58dWRuvx8dE

wat did you say about me

youtu.be/58dWRuvx8dE?t=1m10s
>that N word with the hard R

What did you say about ME

is there a problem NIGGER?

That is not a nice thing to call me, an African American, Digibro.

Already posted the better part

nah part 2 is better

I love TTGL, but this is just pretentious schlock.
Literally nobody inserted as Yoko in the first episode.

I was 16 at the time.

Time fucking flies. Those were the best days of anime and Sup Forums. Everything went to shit after 2011-2012

>unsheates 2 electric drills
lmao

I like movie 2 better than it's TV counterpart.

I like the TV version better.

I used to think that but I'm not so sure now. There's a lot of cool shit added like Antispiral tearing through the universe and some scenes are better but some cools scenes were taken out, some of the added stuff is pointless (Gurren brigade getting their own TTGLs turn by turn just so everyone could get a turn was lame) and the Gurren brigade sacrifices are not there

Perfect edition when?

Movie 2 added a good scene where the Antispiral tells the protags Nia will die along with them and trashes/criticizes the protags for not understanding this much

Antispiral wasn't a villain in the end, just an universal law that became obsolete

I disagree but i fucking loved the little Nia letters to Kamina thing

wasn't here unfortunately, but would've been that age too...

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

The only thing I like a lot about movie 2 is the Anti Spiral space tear as well as the Anti Spiral GDB.

I hated the fist fight because Lagann impact was so perfect a finish.

No because I'm broken.

R.I.P Kamina

one of the greatest anime characters of all time

That's Simon you're thinking about.

this post is exactly how i feel, no other form of media has ever given me this amount of hype...thank you anime, thank you imaishi, thank you gainax

>We will never get a prequel about Lord Genome during his war with the Anti Spirals

Honestly, I love this ending more than the opening.

Not him, but there really is charismatic something else about Kamina that's Simon doesn't have

There's can only be one Kamina