Between this and Death Note, I'm starting to wonder if anime adapted as Hollywood movies is going to become a trend...

Between this and Death Note, I'm starting to wonder if anime adapted as Hollywood movies is going to become a trend, which got me thinking; Do you think Japan will ever start to make anime adaptations of popular live action Hollywood movies and TV shows? What would that even look like? Which studio would be best for what movie?

Honestly, a Gainax "What Dreams May Come" would be amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE
youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4
youtu.be/jafd97yJFOI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is supernatural the animated series
>what is BBC's Sherlock manga

>I'm starting to wonder if anime adapted as Hollywood movies is going to become a trend
>Do you think Japan will ever start to make anime adaptations of popular live action Hollywood movies

Don't worry OP this movie isn't making any money this weekend, getting beat out by boss baby. You wont see anime again for 20 years

There is already an Iron Man and Wolverine anime.

>Ghost in the Shell adapted into live action and directed by a man who directed two prior movies; both of which were commercial failures and were received very poorly by their target audiences

>Iron Man Wolverine anime

nice try user

>Do you think Japan will ever start to make anime adaptations of popular live action Hollywood movies and TV shows?
They'd go bankrupt just trying to acquire a licence.

Get ready for Akira starring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck

here comes Cowboy Bebop with Spike played by a black guy

oh and look it's Lucky Star with Amy Schumer as Konata

>Do you think Japan will ever start to make anime adaptations of popular live action Hollywood movies and TV shows?
You mean like madhouse did x-men shit?

Cowboy Bebop rights are owned by Keanu Reeves, so no don't get ready for a black guy as spike, Reeves isn't a fucking dick

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm
>Production Budget: $110 million
Will they make it?

An user earlier was saying china would save it but I highly doubt it, there's no saving this piece of shit

>Japanese Wonder Woman starring Anri Okita as Diana Prince, and Hitomi Tanaka as Power Girl.
>also starring Kaho Shibuya as Harley Quinn.
>directed by Hideaki Anno

Shut up and take my money

plus another 100 million for marketing, so it's somewhere around 200 million. honestly, if it makes 500 million it's in the safe zone(studios and theatres split the profits).

God I hope it doesn't even make 5 million

I think that an Edge of Tomorrow adaptation would be pretty cool

It says it's sitting around 2.8 million right now, unless there's some huge fucking crowd this weekend it's not looking good.
I went and saw Dead Pool same day as this, Dead pool was packed ghost in the shell was not. I saw dead pool at 9:30 on a Friday morning, Ghost in the Shell at 11:30. There was nobody there

>by a black guy
>with women
i still love how this triggers people so much

>with women

user please tell me you know what Lucky Star is

God damnit user, I hope you're trolling me, if so you got me good

Edge of Tomorrow was awesome

Ya but Edge of Tomorrow is already an adaptation of Japanese source material, so for the Japanese to adapt it would be stupid since they created the original

I doubt anime adaptations will become a thing in Hollywood. The only reason why superhero adaptations took off is because the adaptations that started the whole trend (X-Men and Spider-Man) were considered good movies in their own right, and made people realize that comic book movies don't have to be stupid and goofy. They also sold really well.

Considering the fact that GitS isn't doing well with critics and that a lot of people are complaining about the new Death Note cast, they probably won't start any new trends.

Forget the critics on ghost in the shell, it isn't doing well with us and that's a huge sign of bad things.
This should have been targeted at hardcore fans instead it has been dumb down for casuals

>This should have been targeted at hardcore fans instead it has been dumb down for casuals
And then proceed to make absolutely fuckall at the box office? Look, Hollywood execs don't give a shit about respecting the source material as long as they get money. The people who run the film industry are bitches who don't take chances, and when they do they have to water down the script until it's practically guaranteed to make a little money.

If people want good anime adaptations they'll have to wait for all the planets to align first, there's no way that shit is happening with Hollywood in the current state it's in now.

And if people do manage to make a good anime adapation, it'll be completely different to the source material. Most anime is hard as fuck to adapt to the big screen, but you can take plot elements and transform them into an actual film (same thing with X-Men and Spider-Man).

A lot of anime fans bitch about changes when it comes to adaptations, though, so it's still a lose-lose situation.

HorribleSubs] Boku no Hero Academia - 14 [720p].mkv

We'll see a ramp up of mainstream j-culture in the next 3 or 4 years due to the olympics.

You'll probably see a few bilingual japanese musicians having a handful of hits here, Hollywood anime adaptions getting green lights, a ton of "look how weird japan is" documentaries, a ton of SJWs saying how backwards japan is

Not sure what else to predict, we might see some mild sanitisation while the limelight is on j-culture, from loli stuff disappearing or becoming harder to access (say online only, through services that requires japanese credit cards), stuff like that basically.

What makes you think they haven't already done it before?

>youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE

>youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4

I hope they all fail. I don't want normalfags shitting up anime.
Also, why keep posting that GitS adaptation? When you mention LN or VNs, there is still a 2D attachment to them. Movies need to fuck off back to Sup Forums since all that is discussed is 3D cast and staff, shit that doesn't belong here.

I was in GitS yesterday and it was a complete shit. At least Life was good.

>supernatural anime
Somehow this is totally understandable to me
>Sherlock manga
what the fuck now seriously

I don't understand why they wanted to rewrite Ghost in the Shell to make it about the Major and her backstory. How could they miss the point so much? Who watches GitS and thinks "That was good but what I really wanted to see was 60 minutes of Kusanagi grappling with the fact she's a robot"

If you think that Life was good than you clearly havent seen GitS or you have shit taste what I assume since the movie is alright and not shoehorning to the diehards fans.
The visuals are great and story was alright except the end which was borderline acceptable

It won't be a smash hit, but it'll bring enough to not count as a flop. This GitS live action is really right up the casual/mainstream audience's alley. My friends who I know are casuals are either excited or actually enjoyed it. Now extend that to China where they're just happy to see yet more hollywood action movies with fancy CG effects and it will save this shit.

I want this movie to fail as much as any other Sup Forumsnon or shirow fag, but looking at the general buzz, it seems unlikely, especially since the loudest criticisms so far are the retards shouting about whitwashing (aka the most trivial and stupid thing to cry about).

A Truman Show anime would certainly be interesting. Shaft please.

A Hollywood action blockbuster aspirant cannot be subtle.
It needs to be shallow, but intellectual seeming, so that it stays accessible to the largest possible amount of people while looking like it's deep and thus its prestige is higher.
By making the story about Major and her backstory they create this situation. It's also an easier conflict for people to digest than the orginal film's.
I generally dislike the use of "dumbed down" because it makes one seem snobby, but that really is the case here.

Cameos/sequel tease starring Maria Ozawa as Raven and Sora Aoi as Zatanna.

I could see a decent Baccano movie come out if it was high budget, it would definitely resonate hard with the normies and its just western enough where people would relate to it.

>trapped in an fake isekai
>surrounded by harem of girls
>but your one true waifu is outside waiting for you
>after seeing you on the telly and becoming obsessed with you
>written by the master of anime, Gen Urobutcher.

This is the second wave of trying to make western adaptations of anime. It failed spectacularly the last time, and it won't be any different this time.

>it won't be any different this time
They used to say the same thing about capeshit.

Akira has been in production hell for how many years now? That shit predates Dragon Ball Evolution.

youtu.be/jafd97yJFOI

Name one good action scene. Oh wait, you can't. Scarlett even looked like she didn't know how to shoot in the scene with the Geisha.

Was there anything else other than Dragon Ball Evolution, Speed Racer and Astro Boy?

Aren't both of them well into their 30s at this point?

Sora Aoi feels nostalgic.

If it wasn't for the fact that his name is literally "Jet Black", I think a Jet could be played by a black guy and it'd be fine

Capeshit didn't go from one bomb to another years later. We went from the goofy, yet generally well-liked goofy 70s shit to the very well received 80s and early-90s stuff like Superman and the Tim Burton Batman movies.

I still can't unsee Ron Pearlman as Jet.

I'm really hoping they both flop hard.
Kill the idea for another decade.

>Hitomi Tanaka as Power Girl

>amy schumer
I don't remember who the hell she is, but somehow my mind tells me to be disgusted. Is she one of those SJW types?

It's worse than that

>Hellsing
>It's a shitty Doctor Who meets Dracula Rising

>TTGL
>Stupid high budget and will never be adapted

>KLK
>I'd watch it

You just gotta get the right franchise

What the hell is she?

>Hellsing
That would just be pointless honestly
>TTGL
We got one better with Pacific Rim
>KLK
Don't hold your breath

>It's a shitty Doctor Who meets Dracula Rising
Would watch/10

Wait, don't tell me that she's the one that admitted to molesting her imouto?

>We will probably see a live action Naruto or Bleach movie from Hollywood

A "comedian" that gets away with stealing most of her material from other comics because she's the current media darling being pushed hard to help spread her senator cousin's propaganda.

Did anyone ever fix the GiTS blu-ray?

Bleach could potentially be awesome if they stick to the first two arcs or hilarious if they make it Kuborific.

Kubo wanted to be a fashion designer originally, 90% of Bleach is posing in front of minimalist backgrounds in stylish fantasy clothing. Hollywood could nail that if they wanted to.

>Actual good live action when

Hopefully never

That's like almost every HK triad movies ever.

>Do you think Japan will ever start to make anime adaptations of popular live action Hollywood movies and TV shows
How's living under a rock been working out for ya?

>Love Hina romantic comedy
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nips made King Arthur a cute anime girl.

But they are missing Revy.

Triggered

Nah. I don't think anime movies will become the next big thing even if the superhero bubble bursts. Right now it's Superhero and comic books, and slowly space movies. I think the next big thing Hollywood is gonna try cash in is video game movies.

Akira remake has been in the works since early 2000 and Leo DiCaprio was trying to produce it. Same goes with Keanu with Cowboy Bepop. Doubt it will happen since GitS wasn't a huge hit.

Guess the next one people can 'look forward' to is James Cameron's Alita: Battle Angel which is now in production.

> I think the next big thing Hollywood is gonna try cash in is video game movies.

>Next big thing

It's not like they haven't been trying for the last 25 years.

>I think the next big thing Hollywood is gonna try cash in is video game movies.

They've been trying that one for over a decade with no success. Uwe Bol may have been the savior we never knew we needed.

There hasn't been a single critically acclaimed video game movie. They just need 1 movie to be a hit to get the ball rolling. Even cape movies died after Batman and some of other shits until Xmen and Spiderman.

Super Mario Bros
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Doom
Tron
Prince of Persia
Silent Hill
Hitman
Need for speed

I never undertood that decision
As previous threads go, it was clear that a shitton of money was invested, so why they could not get a better director?

Zack Synder was too busy directing justice league

>Final Fantasy
Watch there be a live action 15. Or 7.
Maybe advent children.
They'll make the chick who played in Underworld Lunafreya or Aerith.

gits is a serviceable action flick
Death note looks fine
imo the BBC would make a decent adaption of lotgh with a budget for decent CGI as it is pretty much war and peace anyway

Now, that's something I'd want to see.

Didn't we get shit like Blade already?

>Post about Hollywood's manganime adaptation
>Not mention the superior movie
the sequel was already announced like a month ago

she's a fat, vile, ugly, unfunny, talentless plagiarising disgusting jew pig
that was lena dunham who is marginally better than amy schumer in the way that getting blinded is better than getting castrated

Should have been Michael Mann. It's so obvious it's amazing it didn't happen

>Deadpool
>In theaters

What kind of third world shit hole do you live in where they only just got Deadpool?

As long as more anime adaptations get made and the studios fight back against Disney and Marvel then all will be well.