Gun buyback?

What if the government bought your guns?

Liberal here, trying to find common ground for bipartisanship on things like gun control. Most on the right are pretty adamant the government won't take your guns. That's fine, but what if they bought them from you? Double the market value? Buying all but a pistol for concealed protection?

What would it take for you to limit the amount of guns you have and to limit the firepower of the guns you do own?

Ask Venezuelans how all that government gun confiscation worked for them

>tax you
>use that tax revenue to disarm you
nope.
won't allow it.

>What would it take for you to limit the amount of guns you have and to limit the firepower of the guns you do own?
there is nothing within the power of humanity that would ever make me give up my arsenal.
nothing.

if you're for gun control i can only tell you to grow the fuck up.

This is bait.
Sage it.

oh, and since a gun control thread popped up on Sup Forums for the first time in over a month, expect a mass shooting soon, anons.

(((they))) posted for two days about gun control before vegas.

Interesting concept OP. I will need to ponder on this for a while. Thanks for the bread!

No. But give us a call when the left can stop spitting on cops and soldiers long enough to convince them it's worth dying to disarm the conservative Trumpets. Or don't convince them and try anyway, it will be fun hanging you animals screaming by your own dripping entrails in the streets.

Fuck off.

How about that?

Don't you think you're being immature and unreasonable?

Should someone with that mindset grow up? Yeah probably.

SHALL

>immature and unreasonable
no.
only immature and unreasonable people want gun control.

Molon Labe

Make it profitable enough so I could machine some shitty boom sticks and make bank because they would have to buy them.

Oh, you wanted my actual guns? Get fucked commie.

Did Venezuala buy the guns from their citizens or was it forced confiscation? I'm not familiar with the process they used.

The gun control movement burnt whatever common ground there was for the past 50 years. Fuck off, we are no longer compromising with you.

What stops me from setting a very high price on my Cobra Arms Freedom 0.380?

>it will be fun hanging you animals screaming by your own dripping entrails in the streets.

Comments like this are exactly why the masses should not be allowed to own tools which are designed to kill/wound living creatures. Too many sick people out there lacking self control, logic, and empathy.

>Implying I've been posting this thread for 50 years

Humor me.

Nothing. If you don't want to sell the gun for double market value, then you should keep it. It's way more valuable to you than it is to anyone else.

>Liberal here, trying to find common ground for bipartisanship on things like gun control.

why don't you push to remove guns from law enforcement, that would make gun owners feel a lot safer about giving up their guns

you should try that because this other shit won't ever work ever

No. The answer is "You get nothing."
You want a conversation on gun control? Here it is, "No, you will not get gun control."

There is your answer.

is there a difference if the result was all the people getting machine gunned into hamburger meat afterwords?

>Comments like this are exactly why the masses should not be allowed to own tools which are designed to kill/wound living creatures.
you should move to England sounds like you would fit right in, here in America we embrace things like danger, risk and profit

There is no common ground anymore. Your side destroyed it by calling anyone they see fit a Nazi, or a white supremacist, or a bigot, or denier, or a homophobe, or transphobe, or whatever other degrading label they feel fit to bestow.

>You want a conversation on gun control?
hey I'd be for gun control if it only applied to police

Please take my guns *films police removing firearms from premises and rewatches footage repeatedly while masturbating* ugh yeah take that Big Black Carbine, TAKE IT!

Never give up your guns guys, we gave them our handguns and now they are about to ban .50 Cal here in the UK. Can you imagine trying to justify the ban of. 50 Cal, .338, .303 etc in a country where no one is killed by them. Well they don't need to justify it, because at this stage about 1/60th of the population owns a gun, and most of them are shotguns. The slippery slope is real and inevitable

No
Gun grab our buyback or anything is civil war
You faggots let kikes/commies take control of all of our institutions.
Try to disarm us and it will be a civil war of extermination.

Knock on wood but I have not even had a speeding ticket in my life. Tell me again why my firearms should be taken?

There is no compromise. We will not relinquish them. Understood?

>Try to disarm us and it will be a civil war of extermination.
it already is that, they're playing for real, slow murder you style

>liberal here, let's spend your tax money so the government can take your arms
retard.

>People want to hurt me
>I shouldn't be allowed to protect myself
Liberalism: The problem that solves itself

>admits the left doesn't have the guns or police support to disarm conservatives

Maybe don't spit on the police you rely on for protection or pick up a rifle and do the dirty work yourself? I wonder how loud you will screech when you're disemboweled like an animal? Pretty loud I bet.

Buybacks! Try distributing firearms to the poor. Give them a few hundred in subsidized safety investment. It's mostly poor people who would really care about "twice market value", and they're not the ones who should be giving up their weapons, nor will they if they feel the need sincerely. They'll start buying weapons just to turn them in. Twice market buybacks sounds like a different kind of subsidy program to me. You'll end up distributing money into communities where people are already buying guns for protection, and they'll just buy more. Any buyback over market value will have this " problem".

(Thanks for recognizing the concealed carry case.)

>What would it take
You're trying to optimize something obvious to you that seems irrelevant to other people; irrelevant or worse. How much firepower someone has doesn't matter unless they form a criminal intent with it - so people who don't go around forming criminal intentions with firearms find your interest in the matter confusing and frightening. It's almost like anti-gun advocates can't imagine not having criminal intentions with firearms! Can ye not see how that affects others?

>What would it take
The gun culture you want to undermine is just your outgroup, but if I can't convince you to be tolerant, maybe I can bend your tactix instead: you want to undermine people having attachments to firearms, so address the concerns that make people develop attachments to firearms. The basic power inequalities of society, the unwillingness or inability of people to engage in persuasion, the failure of the government to abide by its own documents of construction, these are your enemies if gun-owning is your enemy.

(I'm defending someone else under a false flag in thanks to an OP whose tone I enjoyed.)

/thread

>>What would it take for you to limit the amount of guns you have and to limit the firepower of the guns you do own?

You would also need to limit the amount of guns the government and police own, and the amount of firepower they have to the same level.

You would need belief and law that the government would not try to take more in the future.

You can't make good on any of those. It's no use going to the next tier, which is self defense when police response times are sometimes measured in hours.

Why are you phrasing the problem in only in terms of trying to reduce firepower in the first place?

Pic vaguely related. There were OWS protests with open carry of firearms. Every single police beating and improper use of force against protestors happened where firearms were functionally banned.

The government can literally not afford to buy 300 million+ guns. It simply does not have the money.

There are half a billion guns currently in circulation.

You are literally mentally ill.

300,000,000 guns at 1,000 a pop (it's an easy round number, overly conservative though desu) $3,000,000,000,000. I don't think the world can afford that.

the only path towards a resolution I can see for this "issue" is to create legislation repealing all other controls on firearms, then mandate high school shooting classes for young people which should be mandatory, the learn the difference between a video game and a real firearm class

also legislation protecting the rights of felons, that will shut liberals the fuck up because we're giving guns to blacks and also protecting citizens from any heavy handed prosecutions that might happen in the future which seek to disarm the general public

What guns? I don't know what you're talking about OP.

Did I say "buy every single gun in the country?"

Pretty sure I asked a hypothetical about the government buying all the guns you're willing to sell.

And judging from the thread, you guys aren't willing to sell very many at all.

Guns are super simple mate. Think about it. They were making guns hundreds of years ago without today's modern manufacturing techniques. Even if you took every gun away we can just 3d print more. Not just plastic crap anymore either but fully functional 1911s. What are you going to do ban 3d printing? Ban all future manufacturing methods that work in metal or polymer? You literally can't stop people from having guns so you might as well teach them gun safety from a young age. Most of our gun deaths are inter city crime related. Maybe we can get those kids out of the city to do some safe recreational shooting and teach them about conflict resolution?

Liberals talking about gun control = "what rights can we take away from the American citizen"

If you want to talk about bipartisanship, common ground, and compromise, then how about you explain what gun laws you want to see repealed? People are more apt to give up something if they get something in return, a foreign concept for a liberal im sure.

What exactly is the point?

And do you really think you're actually going to get gun legislation, especially something this retarded, after the last gun law you monkeys passed turned the gun you were trying to ban into the most popular rifle over night.

You legitimately belong in a rubber room.

>Pretty sure I asked a hypothetical about the government buying all the guns you're willing to sell.

stupid idea, instead move towards an olive branch approach, give gun rights to felons or take right to guns away from all non specialized law enforcement

that shows your serious and makes you look less like a communist genocidal psychopath

I’ll be happy with my boot on your skinny neck and a sharp knife in my hand.

We have no common ground. The problem is niggers, so solve that one faggot.

>Pretty sure I asked a hypothetical about the government buying all the guns you're willing to sell.
the problem here is that govts don't give two fucks about what you're willing to sell. There has never been a large scale buyback program that didn't end up becoming a mandatory buyback program. That's the same as confiscation.

So basically your asking the government to take your own money, to buy back the gun you brought with your own money, as to dispose of it using your own money?

Gee how could it go wrong?

Nah the inner cities don't have a gun problem at all, they have a drug problem. All these shootings end up being little gang spats or a small time dealer feeling like another dealer is infringing on his patch of sidewalk, or a mindless driveby committed by crackheads against a rivals family. The guns and the shootings are just a symptom of the underlying disease.

>government buys all of our guns
>then they sell them all to mexican drug lords

FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS FAGGOT

So why have a buy back at all? If your objective is to get rid of guns, shouldn't you go all the way? What is the consequence for not doing the buy back?

Death.

make a whole bunch of illegal guns for pennies on the dollar
sell them back for $20 each
repeat until cops have no more money
if I'm arrested, it red flags the whole buyback operation

Sweety that's just debt the kikes print and charge to you. They can print as much paper fiat of dead men's heads as they want honey. There's already $60,000 per man woman and child MISSING in the defense budget cutie. Trillions of $ gone. "They can't afford to buy muh collection". Oh shnookums.

My guns are t for sale you fucking commie faggot.

Go be a salve in Europe if that’s what you want

> taking guns
> common ground

SHALL

I just started getting into guns mate I wouldn't trade it for anything else. They're fun. It's like science and math and hiking all in one. It's like Kerbal Space Program and Trigonometry and skill based fun all in one. Guns are for more then shooting people try it. Just go to the range once.

triple 31s has spoken

I'm screencapping this. Here's hoping that you're wrong and I've wasted my time.

>buy fuck ton of guns
>sell fuck ton of guns for profit
>repeat

All this would do is inflate gun prices,
Oh wait... niggers don't have money maybe this liberal is on to something?

>What would it take for you to limit the amount of guns you have and to limit the firepower of the guns you do own?

Everyone and everything else besides myself would have to be dead. I'm not challenging you liberals to do that, because I know you would try.

They can’t afford it. If you’re going to live in fantasy land, go post on another board faggot.

>trying to find common ground for bipartisanship on things like gun control.
Fuck off, there's already too much and it keeps failing. This is insanity

I'm a filthy leaf and even I know, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

If every liberal and shit colored person killed themselves, then I would get rid of my guns.

>gun buyback
I'll gladly sell the bullets and provide free shipping at 3000fps

fpbp

Read the Declaration of Independence and the 2nd Amendment. I have a GOD-GIVEN RIGHT to ANY AND ALL MILITARY-GRADE WEAPONS necessary to remain free of tyranny and abuse. That said, I follow the law.

You’d need to kill me to take my guns.

The government can have my gun for free if they can afford the transaction fee that comes with every bullet.

>Takes a shitpost comment on the internet at face value and uses it as a valid talking point

Works for people who drink the same Kool aid but not with us. Move along user.

Shit you're right, I wonder where it will be. I was surprised they didn't do anything over new years desu, but they probably didn't want to do anymore "islamic" false flags so as to not stir the nationalist pot.

My bet is it will be a school, somewhere in a northern US state. The media will want to play up the line "Kids return from christmas break to face school shooting, etc." and get plenty of pictures of scared kids standing in the snow outside the school. Most schools open up again tomorrow, I pray im wrong.

what if you kill yourself? right now.

It's immature and unreasonable -- and downright deluded -- to expect the government to protect you. Furthermore, it's immature and unreasonalbe -- and utterly ignorant -- to believe the government is "the people" and can be trusted.

The government is "other." Wholly other. The people in the government are our enemies, not our allies. Arming ourselves is the last hope we have of cowing them, just a bit, when they attempt to bleed us dry.

Are you a bureaucrat?

The amendments to the Constitution, including the Second Amendment, are there to PROTECT us from bureaucrats and government toadies. Just like the First Amendment protects our ability to speak out (unless it's FB or Twitter ...), worship freely and openly, gather together (unless you're white), etc., the Second Amendment also protects us from the government.

It is not a right to have weapons as much as a right to protect ourselves from ... YOU.

No. Taxation is theft and I won't take the stolen American people's money from the government.

Die in a fire, faggot.

You can have my gun after I shoot you in the face with it. (I'm going to take a selfie of your corpse holding the AR-15 that killed you)

its funny how leftists go for rifles when most gun related deaths are done with pistols you cant really conceal a rifle if your gangbanger

the reason "you" go after rifles is not because your trying to protect people from dah ebil mass shooter its because rifles are what are used in war far between enemies

do you see people fighting in armed conflicts just using pistols? no they use rifles, rifles are weapons of war

and the reason you want to get rid of them is because you don't want rifle owners doing war against you

OP I'm a big proponent of the 2nd amendment and I think you're doing God's work, keep up the good fight

I was about to call it quits for this topic but now I'm screencapping you too. I guess I'll stick around idly to see if there are any more predictions which hopefully don't come to pass.

Completely agree

Nothing. No amount of money would make me want to give up any and all firearms I own.

How much you paying per gun OP? If it's more than $750 I'll go out and buy as many shitty pistols and nuggets as I can just to flip them to you for a nice profit. And keep the nice ones for my cabinet.

Here's a bipartisan suggestion:

Once you've disarmed all the criminals. And the militaries. And all the police. And private institutions. And everyone else. Then you can finally come talk to us about wanting to disarm good, honest citizens.

You do not start disarmament by taking guns from the most vulnerable, most innocent and the most in need.

>What if the government bought your guns?

Excellent idea OP.

Buy me some guns, America.

N O T

What about homemade guns?

I can rig up a pipe, spring, nail, and pipe cap into a shotgun in about 30 minutes..

Would the government buy that from me for say 300$?

I would make them all day long. 5x per day, 20x days per month. Thats 30 grand a month.

How would liberals pay for these gun buy backs? I would recommend cutting welfare.

you could technically make a bunch of pipes attached to wood. A very simple version of a one time use shot gun.
People did it in Seattle when they did a buy back. They were doing something like $200 per gun and guys made a killing.

Literally death. I suppose you've heard the term "from my cold dead hands?"

You sleep well at night because there are well armed people willing to shoot other, ill intended armed people when you won't even tolerate that right to defense for the average person. You conflate the criminals with the law abiding because you're scared of weapons, not the intent behind those using them- a man going to the supermarket with an intent to buy milk, and another going there to rob the cashiers with the exact same weapon.

Would you use a kitchen knife to murder your significant other, or to make dinner? They can be used for the same thing. Your claim is that because of this duality in the tool, they should be banned.

In reality, people using guns are the only thing standing between them and Heyzeus turning someone's daughter into a rape baby abortion statistic.

A liberal unaware of the historical context and political nuance behind a divinding issue?

Color me surprised

You do know that local sheriff offices used to constantly do gun buy back programs don't you? You do know that they've been discontinued because they've been a total failure? This was huge thing in late 90's - just led to nigs stealing guns and selling the worst guns (.22 revolvers) to gov at prices far higher than could get on street.

Actually it's more complicated than that.

Leftists targeted pistols for the better part of the 20th century. In the first draft of the NFA they would have been regulated just like machine guns. But they were far too popular and they couldn't garner any support for it. They got a few bits here and there, like the importation stuff in '68, but mostly they failed.

Then, sometime in the late '80s, some libtard with three brain cells realized that they should target the least popular weapons. At the time, this was what they started calling assault weapons. They fought and fought for it and eventually got their Assault Weapons ban in '94.

Unfortunately for them, they are to a man retarded and utterly ignorant of firearms. The manufacturers chopped off the bayonet lugs and flash hiders and starting selling the rifles by the millions. What was once the least popular rifle became the most popular.

Modern gun grabbers, being just as ignorant and retarded as their forebears simply haven't caught up to reality. They are simply not creative enough to come up with something new. It's not a coincidence that they post that retarded image with "West Germany" that the Brady's created thirty years ago.

tl;dr: liberalism is a mental illness

if they wanted to buy my guns back for 100x their worth, I'd sell.

I would be more than happy to sell my guns back to the federal government, so long as I can address some concerns I have. Luckily, the feds have taught me how to handle those concerns well.

I require the full name, previously used names, undercover aliases, social security numbers, date of birth, current and former addresses, current employer and paystubs to verify the identity of any so-called government agent attempting to buy my weapons. If I can verify they aren't disqualifiable (did you work for the FBI and refuse to indict Hillary? If you're in the ATF were you a part of Ruby Ridge or Waco or Fast and Furious? Has your government department/agency ever "lost" taxpayer funds?), you may then submit a blood sample, stool sample and fingerprints (to be done at my own facility at a cost of $275/sample), and fill out several forms of paperwork that reference other forms that need to be completed that do not exist. This must be submitted before they submit the audits on their books.

The agency in question will be required to show their entire books to verify the money came from taxpayers and hasn't been misused in any way. This must be submitted prior to their fingerprints and stool samples.

If they pass all of this, I will sell them the guns, completely disassembled, for $550/part, and $75/round. There is a one-time annual "Transfer of Ownership" fee for this privilege, payable only on January 1st for the whole year (or they have to wait again), of $175,465.23.

Stool samples and auditing must be performed in the same year as the Transfer of Ownership fee. Auditing and collecting samples are not done on New Years Day. Anybody who fails the checks and audits will be executed for attempted terrorism and treason.

this

i like you