The truck on the top can be fully registered and put on the road

>The truck on the top can be fully registered and put on the road
>The bottom vehicle cannot because it was never US crash tested despite being tested to higher standards in Japan and Europe
Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

roadkill.com/daily-driving-an-ex-asphalt-modified-turned-commuter-1936-chevy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Explain this.

you just did

wait what? americans cant get mitsubishis?

well im no expert OP but im guessing its because the top vehicle has been tested and passed and the bottom one hasnt been tested
you didnt hear that form me though

Every Jew needs his pound of flesh

The testing is more about paying through regulations than anything

We can, just not models that weren't crash tested here, such as every Evo from 1-7
The top one wasn't tested, not now and not back when it was built because government crash regulations weren't a thing yet.

You couldn't drive that truck on legally thought. Racing tires army legal because they can't be used in the rain.

> It’s another “/o/ throws a tantrum about the R34 being banned in the US” episode

there's this little thing called 'regulation'

Ex post facto laws. The truck up top showed up before the regulations did.

on january 1st in australia, the insane taxes for imported vehicles was cancelled.
theoretically i should be able to import an american or japanese vehicle for cheap as shit (needs to be pre 1990 for left hand drive vehicles).
what should i buy?

that would be because rice cookers arent made for the street, they belong into a kitchen

Really? I follow a few AU importers on FB and I'm jelly of the shit you guys get. I mean yeah you have killer wildlife and noguns, but at least you have shit like VL Commodore's and Cefiro's

I read an article about the car on top. It's made out of an old modified racecar. Full tube frame and race car parts. Basically in the gray area of legality. As long as the shell has a VIN attached it can be registered.

>just not models that weren't crash tested here
NO, FUCKHEAD
you can import any vehicle over 25 years old
crash testing doesnt have anything to do with it

is there a way to filter all posts without geoflag?
is isnt a meme anymore
you fucks are consistently retarded

Also buy a Foxbody

Maybe it's not the same car now that I've found the article but here you go

roadkill.com/daily-driving-an-ex-asphalt-modified-turned-commuter-1936-chevy/

Back in the 80s Mercedes got bootyblasted because people were importing 500SELs for cheaper than what 380SELs cost here.

lol the ancap retard think australians care about a american shitbox with 140 hp

yea thats right, the 4.9l (marketed as 5.0 kek) put out a blistering 140 hp
>inb4 just swap it

>He thinks foxbodies are popular because of stock engine ratings

nigga what

that car has hundreds of hours in bodywork and an engine swap just to make it tolerable
try again

I think you misunderstood, I think you misunderstand a lot of things actually.

>implying 87-89 5.0's didn't make 225hp
Also you can get them past 300hp with almost no work. Cams, GT40 heads from late 90's Expeditions, cut the cats and straight pipe, etc

we dont accept japanese testing standards. just like they dont accept ours.

why the fuck do you think american cars are rarley sold overseas? cuz we amke shitty cars? lol. no. its because the rig the system agianst us with their regulations. so we do the same back to them.

are we supposed to just bend over and take it up the ass every time they pull this shit on us?

fuck them.

I thought that was an older Evo... I have two an EvoVIII and an X which I don't like as much Also I believe you can register and drive imported vehicles over 25 yoa if you put classic plates or antique tags on them...some restrictions apply of course

that car too
custom bodywork and a engine swap
>JUST throw thousands of dollars at a 30 year old shitbox
>JUST needs like all these things first!
>it'll make 300hp!
ok

The US don't really believe in the free market.

From a foreign country to enter the US domestic market is really hard.

Ameritards are hypocrite and cucks

fpbp

Again, you've misunderstood.

Till the non-forged internals come through the firewall at ya....

>cams
Just one, pal. E303
>GT40s off Expedition
Exploder
>thousands
Bruh

Yeah seriously it’s not all about hp retard, seriously you need 280+ to drive around and do errands? I don’t get it the foxbody looks aesthetic af

Its cheaper for them to build a factory here and hire American workers...and they do both...

the solid rear axle and 30 year old suspension design is really what makes a car great

they are heavy slow shitboxes
youd have to spend thousands of dollars on a coilover conversion to get it to turn

>add 100hp to 30 year old shitbox without supporting mods
>everything else shits the bed
bruh
yup

they cant even get r34 cus they arent street legal lol

>different regulatory bodies are different
Huh, neat

I like (you) already...and couldn't agree more about the 30yr old suspension from a North Korean oxcart on older Ameri cars...

they just want to limit the numbers of right sided cars because people are retarded enough with the normal one they dont want any retard getting one and crashing into someone's house.

Burgers can register the evo on the bottom because it's 25 years old. Anything newer than that, no. Leafs can register anything 15 years old. It's the only thing that's better about Canada

One was grandfathered in.
The other doesnt meet spec.
You can live in many rural counties and not have to pass a saftey inspection.

Because the state is retarded

EVO 3? Looks nice

>r34
Learn your cars or dont post in auto threads

import laws were real dicks about muh safety glass and those stupid 5 mph bumper things...etc... If I wipe out in an R34 I'm sure as hell going to be going alot faster than 5 mph and safety glass isn't going to save me...We hate it too....

It's a cam and some heads, not a turbo and 300 shots of nitrous

>$1.29 for regular
I'm getting too old for this shit.
Foxbodies are such absolute shit. If you're gonna go for a 'Stang at least get something you can give a valid reason for being overweight and slow like a '67 fastback or something.

>One poster lists a series of simple mods for someone who is a car enthusiast/hobbyist, could be done very cheaply if time is taken to find used parts and DIY
>"HURRRRR THAT WILL TAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLURRRRSSSS1"
Bro do you even wrench?

Here's the actual story. Back in the eighties, burgers found out they could score imports cheaper overseas instead of in the domestic market. Back then, luxury was leather seats and air conditioning, so they didn't make too much a distinction on the downgrade to regular car status.

Mercedes-Benz took notice of this and lobbied Congress through dealerships to put in the import restriction rule. No more grey market Mercedes folks, but also no more grey market, late model cars in general as well.

It works well. Federalization costs around $4 million so the only cars that worked through it were the R33 Skylines and some R34 models.

Blame the German "people". These people where so greedy for profit from selling shit tier cars in the us they god booty blasted when burgers just went to europoorland bought them there and shipped their car back to the us. So thank Mercedes for that.

I heard it was because those Jap tuners could outpace any squadcar and cops didn't want criminals in vehicles that were factually better than the ones they were driving.

>Gt40 heads = $300 brand new
>Explorer intake = $45 from junkyard
>Gasket kit = $40
>High lift cam kit with new lifters and springs = $400

Wow $780 dollars for 300+ horsepower. So much fucking money right?

>Meme flag

>be American
>muh 4L V6
>less than 300hp

The worst part is that I genuinely loved my fox body when I had one

Just register the bottom as a farm vehicle. I'm a hedgehog wrangler. I gotta go fast.

Mercedes-Benz is responsible for America's retarded 25 year import ban

Pretty much everything on the road at the time was better than Caprices and Diplomats

not just Mercedes, its a general protectionism measure

nip standards are never to be trusted, their cars are shit

nanny federal gov rules all

Yeah anything made in America is just as bad. Considering Jap cars are mostly made here.

just switch vin tags with regular car and be done with it...

The top car was approved by the us govt back when it was produced (what little standards they had back then since cars were still relatively new). From that point on it doesn’t have to keep being modified to meet the new federal standards of (current year)

The bottom car is just some slant eye piece of shit the government won’t trust until it also gets its approval. From that point on it also will not have to meet the (current year) federal standards as the standards evolve.

It’s not hard, you’re just a faggot.

Yes you could. Historic/classic/collector tags bro. Also, a bunch of states have no vehicle inspection or requirements for any vehicle/obd1 and earlier.

You can also register non-crash test vehicles like the 206 or Evo6 in states like Alabama and Texas .

R34 golfs are totally legal in the United States, you just have to be a fag to drive one since a glx vr6 is faster with VAGCOM hax.

What a fucking moron. It doesn't have any required safety equipment such as headlights, tail lights, turn signals, side mirrors, etc. Do you even brain?

There's not enough car enthusiasts in the US to change this unless yall elect a president who likes cars.
Back to /o/ my niggas

Is that a 92’ Evo?
Anything over 25 years old is exempt from the crash test and emissions laws.

>Live in Canada
>Only have to wait 15 (Fifteen) years to import a vehicle
>A whole 10 (Ten) years before burgers can
Seriously the only good part about being a Leaf