Are you ready for FLCL2?

Are you ready for FLCL2?

>Are you ready for more lazy writing and 2deep4u metaphors?

It will never happon user

Why do you normalfags care about some shit anime about a kid's penis so much?

>toonami producing

>2deep4u memes
Glad to know you're a generation Z kid who thinks ironic shitposting is clever and hate flcl because it's popular due to being on Toonami or something, but I watched FLCL back in 2000 when it came out in Japan, ordered the DVDs through the old gainax online shop, probably back then you weren't even a thing inside your dad's ballsack yet.

See? I know you hipsters hate FLCL because "toonami/normalfags."
Fucking gen Z scum.

Ok, now answer the question. What do you like about this shit? Are you just into seeing boys get erections?

Mechs, music, animation, voice acting (naota's dad is the best, mind you I watched it in Japanese, of course, luckily the japanese DVDs had eng subs).

Now what about you? Why do you hate it?
Are you just hating it because you came late into the world and got to see FLCL like 5 years after it came out on Cartoon Network? Not my fault.

>Are you just into seeing boys get erections?

If you didnt write that i would have bought it.

How about watching a show for
I dunno
Maybe the fucking writing? Holy shit watching something just for the visuals and audio? Fucking braindead philistine.
Haven't you watched FLCL? It's literally about a boy with massive boners, and some older dude whose jealous of the kid's girth. My posts 110% are not bait.

Voice acting is part of the writing, Naota's dad's lines always make me crack up.
Also, there's nothing wrong about watching animation for the animation itself, I think the philistine here is you.
Go read some light novels you generation Z abortion.

>If you don't like my "hurr durr me child me hate coffee now me man me like coffee" garbage you should go read light novels

It's been a year since the announcement, have we heard anything new since then?

I get it, you don't like it because it's popular (although only became popular in the west many years after it was originally released) and because you're obsessed with penises, it seems you missed all the mechs and musical instrument-fighting the series has.

Yes

Bravo, user, you discovered phallic symbolism.
Now go hate pretty much every other fantasy tale that has swords or something similar.

No, I'm into getting erections myself.

I didn't know it was popular back then as I only saw it mentioned a few times online. I just don't like shitty poorly written OVAs, though I'd never get called a hipster for disliking garbage like Idol Project, Gunbuster, or Shihaisha no Tasogare.
Maybe you should take a lesson from FLCL and grow up instead of just assuming anyone who doesn't like a shit series which offers no lessons is a mere hipster.

Nobody cares about your opinions.
Don't like FLCL? Fine, who cares?

>he doesn't know

the pillows are old now

why can't they get mass of fermenting dregs instead

>Watching something for visuals and audio
Almost every show and movie you've ever seen was designed to be told through audio and visuals. Screenplays are meant for visuals. FLCL is one of the greatest anime in the past two decades because it does exactly what something meant for the screen is supposed to do.

Perhaps you'd enjoy /lit/ more.

I don't watch trash.

Why did they announce it so early?
2 years later we still don't have a date or even a fucking key visual.

In a way. I've accepted that season 2 will most likely be trash, not that season 1 was even that good.

another hipster that first got to know flcl trhough cartoon network in the mid 00s.

What happened user? Did your waifu leave you leaving behind an angsty husk you call yourself.

>Anime isn't good unless it has two characters doing nothing but talking for 5 minutes out of the episode

I hope it's shelved and left to rot.

it's gonna be shit

>Anime is only good if it caters to ADD children such as myself

Showing instead of telling is one of the basic concepts of story telling, friend.

It has Tsurumaki, Sadamoto, the pillows and Production I.G
I'm hopeful. Not saying it will top the original, but why the jaded pesimism?

it's going to be shit and CN should have greenlit Big O season 3 instead

>Showing instead of telling
>FLCL
Maybe you should give it a rewatch.

>Not saying it will top the original, but why the jaded pesimism?
because we are not in the 2000 anymore, they can't rely in nostalgia.
If they want to make something decent they ought to have a different approach.

I did. Maybe you should post examples instead of shitposting.

Hes been shitting the whole thread, this is what happens outside of his maid dragon threads.

What about FLCL is "2000s"?
It feels as timeless as it can get. If anything it seems more like it's set in the 60s or 70s, with all that Vespa and Rickenbaker fanwankery (which I honestly digged a lot).
Also, it seems FLCL 2 will have a different approach. The protagonist will not even be Naota, it will be a new girl (probavbly of the same age Naota was in FLCL, this one will be set in the future, when Haruko returns to earth).
Sounds different enough. I'm not entirely optimistic, but I don't see any reason to be worried, other than maybe it will be made with less passion than the first one, but that's just speculation.
Also, the pillows are still active, to whoever said they were old.
They may be old but still rocking, they never stopped releasing stuff afaik. In fact a new album just came out. I just downloaded it, will give it some plays, probably FLCL2 will use stuff from this.

Nice to know you're just some millenial trying to make himself pass as an older guy in a vain attempt to make opinions that clash with yours look bad without even trying to make an argument.
I watched it back in 2000 when it came out in japan, I had a penpal living there and we sometimes exchanged videotapes of tv shows. It was shit.
I tried to watch it again around 2005 and it still was shit.

Because weeabo logic
Gaijin + FLCL ≠ anime
FLCL Season 2 & 3 ≠ anime
FLCL Season 2 & 3 = bad

>not watching the dub
>responding to the troll

No

>overrated edgy 13-year old ecchi-pandering shit
Maybe if they use more Pillows.

Why does Sup Forums hate FLCL so much

They don't. This is just a contrarian shitpost thread.

You'll still see it being posted in 3x3s and talked about off hand as great.

cant wait

Hell yeah i am.

>but why the jaded pesimism?
Because if people cannot do as much as recognize what a singular and complete piece of work the original was that needed no sequel, how can they go on to make decent sequels? Quality can only come from understanding and if the very people working on and producing the sequels don't understand the original material then it's doomed before it begins.

I just wish to see more of Amarao & Haruko's story, as well as Atomsk & Haruko, I always found those two with her more interesting than Naota

>not watching the dub
Didn't exist in 2000

>Quality can only come from understanding and if the very people working on and producing the sequels don't understand the original material
Seems like Tsurumaki and Sadamoto are on board. They would know the source material since they created it. They can still fuck it up though, but for the time being we dont' really know much about it other than a vague synopsis of the new plot.

>Stop! What are you doing?!

what did he mean by this?

Hell yeah muthafucka

I am neither excited or angry.
It just feels 100% pointless.

it's gonna be awful but i'm excited

Yeah

FLCL is not lazily written and neither is it deep.

...I have a feeling
a very hopeful feeling
that they might pull something out the bag and do something great

maybe I'm being very optimistic

I'd like it if they did what Tsurumaki did in his sequel to Gunbuster
Have zero reverence for the original and do their own thing

>zero reverence for the original

Well, I think FLCL 2 will not be that far into the future. Haruko returns to Earth (presumably looking for Atomsk still? maybe something to do with her job?) and the new protagonist will be a girl.
I can't remember if this was speculation or actually told by tsurumaki and friends, but I think Naota may appear, but as a secondary character.

I think FLCL was a very cathartic work for Tsurumaki. Like "ok, I made EoE, now look at what I have to show to the world", after only being the second of Anno.
I'm not too sure what else has Tsurumaki made, I liked Diebuster, it's definitely something I'd recommend watching but I didn't like it better than the original. But here's the thing, Diebuster felt more like FLCL2 than Top wo nerae 2.
FLCL2 could be great if Tsurumaki gets shit done and doesn't get lazy. The animation is not by Gainax, but it's by I.G who anyway worked on the original's animation (and EoE).
I think FLCL2 will happen, it was following in both Japan and the west.
What I'm most worried about is Aoki Uru.

>But here's the thing, Diebuster felt more like FLCL2 than Top wo nerae 2
Exactly. That's why it's so good. It didn't care about being a "sequel". I think it's also a lot better than Gunbuster but that is beside the point.
>FLCL2 could be great if Tsurumaki gets shit done and doesn't get lazy
Tsurumaki has barely anything to do with FLCL2 other than a vague supervisory role. Which is why I want the creators to do their own thing entirely rather than try and make a "sequel".

Wait... we're hating on Gen Z already? Cool!

Gen Z started being vocal on the internet a long while ago, dude.