Fashwave: A horrifying look at the alt-right appropriating electronic music

thump.vice.com/en_us/article/mgwk7b/trumpwave-fashwave-far-right-appropriation-vaporwave-synthwave

This is a genre where the most popular song was made by a trans woman. A genre heavily influenced by jazz, which nazis hated. A genre rooted in 1980s consumerist culture. Then again, nazis aren't known for having good critical thinking skills. Let's just hope it doesn't catch on....fuck the alt right! Leave vaporwave alone, yours is shit, anyways.

Just try and justify the alt-right and realize you're a bunch of angry virgins. This should concern you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wb-tF7WilP8
youtube.com/watch?t=28s&v=qIwnCUC1x7U
youtu.be/vwnAeIsg3as
youtu.be/ioaex1oSw7Y
youtube.com/watch?t=79s&v=rY2Z0qhhgk4
youtube.com/watch?v=lD58-9ydo2Q
youtu.be/4LfJnj66HVQ
unv.is/thump.vice.com/en_us/article/mgwk7b/trumpwave-fashwave-far-right-appropriation-vaporwave-synthwave
youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0Kf7uFmm8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1OCLLBuh4
youtube.com/watch?v=S-L746gczkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iHO1bvSuAxU
youtube.com/watch?v=m8ixmGFBgZw
youtube.com/watch?v=GeKEnqbBMPA
youtube.com/watch?v=iaFBLjUHfRs
youtube.com/watch?v=KhRVxpWh3SI
youtube.com/watch?v=8ga5CPVOzEU
youtube.com/watch?v=1tvYMsWTov4
youtube.com/watch?v=Duh21XGKfOE
youtube.com/watch?v=ppzE2AIyLNw
youtube.com/watch?v=0kVJR4BaQNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SkeQR6xWnP0
youtube.com/watch?v=37ag1-vuQEo
youtube.com/watch?v=nHLQFG5TnkY
youtube.com/watch?v=gi5G1TQ2c0M
youtube.com/watch?v=DllyQDUgDZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3TrLr351o
youtube.com/watch?v=FoF4BH6l1JE
youtube.com/watch?v=40jt5rBRtd4
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ_nH6sGuL4
youtube.com/watch?v=d2L9CnPihNI
youtube.com/watch?v=pP1kOPFOt-k
youtube.com/watch?v=KlAJNWMBh0U
youtube.com/watch?v=-S-Q7OrYZXo
youtube.com/watch?v=MjSC3u2Pjpc
youtube.com/watch?v=eO_Ail73eus
patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2009/10/bachs-smackdown-of-frederick-the-great/
youtube.com/watch?v=mFYLViCftvY
youtube.com/watch?v=_YmyWB4BdA8
youtube.com/watch?v=DEAz7IvVSMM
youtube.com/watch?v=nVoFLM_BDgs
youtube.com/watch?v=3PIu89eWJlg
archive.is/2kVUM
youtube.com/watch?v=CY9yQogbhN4
youtube.com/watch?v=jlWp32BS2QI
youtube.com/watch?v=eTifE_bhLAA
hooktube.com/watch?v=bl9yIpCncKs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The left can't A E S T H E T I C

>leftists mad that they missed the boat on music for once

this fucking sucks.

Sorry you don't like that our music is better than your shit. Fuck off with your outdated aesthetic.

you appropriated the racism from the righties, now the righties are stealing your subculture in return.

Article is way too long, who does the writer think he is.

Imagine having to write an actual article for a news company and coming up with "fuck the alt right! Leave vaporwave alone, yours is shit, anyways" These people are so fucking spoilt and sheltered they deserve nothing but fucking whippings

What exact is /ourmusic? I really like electronic stuff.

We will take everything

Archive that shit nigger

>Vice
Shouldn't you guys be off raping women for your Jewish overlords?

New Wave, non-degenerate metal, classic rock, and as for more modern stuff, trance and some electronic music is fine.

Vice is giving HuffPo and Salon a run for their shekels.
youtube.com/watch?v=wb-tF7WilP8

Fashwave is the future

youtube.com/watch?t=28s&v=qIwnCUC1x7U

Winning hearts and minds one fashy at a time.

No bullshit but this is some of the best music I’ve ever heard. Go ahead and listen my fashy friends
youtu.be/vwnAeIsg3as

You have no room to talk Colgate™, your country's tradition of celebrating Christmas is to smear coal on their face and larp as a pedo-nigger. More importantly your post isn't halal, does the local Imam know you're posting here?

>tfw the people who made fun of your music are hanging by cables taken from keytars

>Art is rooted in their creators Politics
"no"

This sucks

>A horrifying look
Always with the fear mongering.

Fashwave does suck. That's why Nazgoth is the future. Post-punk, industrial, EBM, no wave, noise rock, darkwave, neoclassical, black metal. This is actual fascist music. It fits far better and it looks cooler.

Dumb amerifag

>not a pine tree.

Not cultured enough it seems. For shame.

Thanks for having my back leaf.

The sounds of nature free from Jewish subversion and negro noise. The clarinet is the jew horn that spellbinds the goy.

I take it back, its a vaporwave remix. fuck!

youtu.be/ioaex1oSw7Y

This is one of my favorite pieces, it encapsulates everything so perfectly.

looool
Who invented the gun?
Are muslims not picking up AKM rifles because hey were made by godless communists?
You morons.
The gun would have been made by a sodomite and people still would pick it up to kill sodomites. Idiots.

Fucking leaf

the left sperging they can't meme for a whole article

I lost it at the miami palm tree death camp.

youtube.com/watch?t=79s&v=rY2Z0qhhgk4

Not fashy but it's still gives me chills

>This is a genre where the most popular song was made by a trans woman

we also stole the term "redpill" from a trans woman as well

>let's listen to unaesthetic discordant edgy trash
No.

I mean this is actually a pretty well researched article that goes into the whole history of far right music.

The subject is silly but if the author was given this assignment I commend them on the quality of what they produced.

leafs.

Fashwave is amazing.
Xurious is amazing.

dance commie dance

youtube.com/watch?v=lD58-9ydo2Q

>The right is better at memes, let's cry about it

Get the fuck out and back to your /r

No, but meanwhile this masterpiece is heading towards 400mil views.

youtu.be/4LfJnj66HVQ

It has absolutely no legs. There will never be any real-life events, festivals, or raves organized that play fashwave. No one fucking cares, and it'll linger forever on Soundcloud and Last.fm with a few thousand listeners who'll lose interest in a month or two.

You need to have organization and actually appear outside in person, not on the internet talking shit. Start a fashwave festival and maybe then you'll make a buzzfeed article.

Fash wave general?

saged for nonarchived vice
unv.is/thump.vice.com/en_us/article/mgwk7b/trumpwave-fashwave-far-right-appropriation-vaporwave-synthwave

I'm not talking about his research I'm talking about him writing like a 15 year old, casually throwing around swear words as if it makes him cool

/r/ing that image that said "Remember what they stole from you" I haven't seen it posted in a while and forgot to save it. pls post if you have it, thx.

wtf I love Richard Spencer now

Check out this negative fuck. It's going to take time to re-educate the sheep, and do you really want fashy to become mainstream?

30 minutes in ableton with some samples and a Soundcloud account isn't changing anything. Literally no one cares outside of Sup Forums. You're just playing grab-ass with your buddies, circle jerking and hoping you make a few blogs.

Genuinely impressed, I thought he was a CIA nigger.

Classical

No one gives a shit about your opinion. Also we are fucked no matter what we do.

>Let's play times square guys

Shut the fuck up.

> maybe then you'll make a buzzfeed article.
Be still my beating heart.

Just wait til they find Joseph Retrostein videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0Kf7uFmm8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1OCLLBuh4

i need that rare Hitler
post pls

>horrifying
why are libucks such pearl clutching moralfags when they don't have to be.

11 year olds going on hormone blockers marauding nigger gangs holding cities hostage with their chimpery, europe being openly invaded by the entirety of the third world with impunity and faggots intentionally spreading hiv and no longer be charged as felons is what is actually horrifying.

god i hate libcucks so god damned much.

> horrifying
Is this the new word for cringy?

Wagner & Puccini are good picks.

Love fashwave.

>A genre heavily influenced by jazz
[citation needed]

thanks, user

you are starting a thread about this wack shit no one cares about

you are the angry virgin..

What do you think these bands political views are generally?

youtube.com/watch?v=S-L746gczkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iHO1bvSuAxU
youtube.com/watch?v=m8ixmGFBgZw
youtube.com/watch?v=GeKEnqbBMPA
youtube.com/watch?v=iaFBLjUHfRs
youtube.com/watch?v=KhRVxpWh3SI
youtube.com/watch?v=8ga5CPVOzEU
youtube.com/watch?v=1tvYMsWTov4
youtube.com/watch?v=Duh21XGKfOE
youtube.com/watch?v=ppzE2AIyLNw
youtube.com/watch?v=0kVJR4BaQNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SkeQR6xWnP0
youtube.com/watch?v=37ag1-vuQEo
youtube.com/watch?v=nHLQFG5TnkY
youtube.com/watch?v=gi5G1TQ2c0M
youtube.com/watch?v=DllyQDUgDZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3TrLr351o
youtube.com/watch?v=FoF4BH6l1JE
youtube.com/watch?v=40jt5rBRtd4
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ_nH6sGuL4
youtube.com/watch?v=d2L9CnPihNI
youtube.com/watch?v=pP1kOPFOt-k
youtube.com/watch?v=KlAJNWMBh0U
youtube.com/watch?v=-S-Q7OrYZXo
youtube.com/watch?v=MjSC3u2Pjpc
youtube.com/watch?v=eO_Ail73eus

maybe you shouldn't base your opinion of people on shitty antifa infiltrator memes posted on Sup Forums

I listen to mostly piano music as I'm studying piano but those are good choices, especially if you like opera.

I'd go with Bach as well simply because of how much he wrote and influenced. He wrote Musical Offering based on a theme Frederick the Great gave him (his son CPE Bach was in the court of Frederick and both didn't like the counterpoint Bach was known for), and he not only improvised a three-part fugue but wrote a 6-part fugue with tons of other music based on the theme. He added a ton of religious motifs and wrote it in German because he knew Frederick wasn't religious and barely spoke German.

This explains it better
patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2009/10/bachs-smackdown-of-frederick-the-great/

>When you're Natcap
also I'm hear for honest opinions and fire memes even at my expense
as for angery virgin, look in yourself first try to see if any conquest is as rewarding as a healthy steady relationship even if sex isn't involved sinner.

No one listens to Fashwave to make a difference kike, and to be frank Fashwave was never meant to be a scene. Personally I think Fashwave is redundant as Synthwave itself is inherently reactionary even if it's creators don't realize it. It's literally a pastiche of 80s vigilantism and masculinity. It sounds like guns, babes, fast cars, and dark times when blood runs in the streets, not "Love wins" or "refugees welcome".

I mean I'm pretty sure the whole idea took off when the "With Open Gates" video got dumped for using Perturbator as it's soundtrack, and people set out to make music that sounded the same but wouldn't draw a copyright claim.

>they had to frame it in a context whereby WHITES STOLE MUSIC from BLACKS
>and rap would've made absolutely no sense
>jazz and bongo drums were the only two left

Owl Vision is AESTHETIC as fuck, I have listened to him for years and really don't care to know his political leanings.

youtube.com/watch?v=mFYLViCftvY

youtube.com/watch?v=_YmyWB4BdA8

youtube.com/watch?v=DEAz7IvVSMM

This will sound good coming from the loudspeakers of a tank as it rolls through a crowd of Antifa.

The music of Bach was what made me realize that the Neo-reactionaries are right and Western Civilization peaked in the 17th century.
youtube.com/watch?v=nVoFLM_BDgs
How can anyone listen to this and not realize the """(((Enlightenment)))""" was a mistake?

>alt-right
>Richard Spencer
>Sup Forums as the headquarter of alt-kike

They are getting desperate with this narrative. They can't be this dumb to not understand what this place is about, it must be wilfull.

Try this, user

youtube.com/watch?v=3PIu89eWJlg

We’re just a place where internet meanies come together to say bad words so their mummy’ won’t be disappointed with them again

Love it user

archive.is/2kVUM
I don't feed these people.

I'm all for the creation of an anti-left counter culture aesthetic but fashwave is cringey as hell. It's not treading any new waters either. This is just milking a dead aesthetic. I absolutely IMPLORE you guys to think of something interesting instead of this stupid Sup Forumstard meets Drive garbage.

So where are your suggestions? Or are you just criticizing without providing any insight? Because that's what faggots do user. Don't be a faggot.

No what’s better is to inject fashy stuff into many genres (within reason).

Yeah I'm sure Bach's approach to harmony is really exciting to 211st century ears

Ok make a meem then big guy

My favorite one

It is to those who listen to it.
What, because it won't sell millions of dollars it's irrelevant?

Stop trying to go off the coat tails of a dead aesthetic and work with the new one we've got user. Million Dollar Extreme. It's its own aesthetic, falls in line with Sup Forums beliefs, it had a whole TV show revolving around it. You guys literally already have it so just use it. Also I'll note: a music scene isn't necessary for a countercultural idea to take hold anymore. Stop wasting 30 minutes out of your day to make a boring synthwave track when you don't even need it.

good thing nigger vomit jazz sounds nothing like electronic music

Mainly just shit posting, I love Bach, but I think our generation is used to more dissonance with our harmonies. Also is dungeon synth the official music of the modern white man?

MDE is literally a mashup of punk and 90s, aside from a sprinkling of right wing ideology.

What the fuck would such music even sound like? Again, you've provided heaps of criticism but nothing of substance.

There's a lot of dissonance in impressionist music like Ravel. He emphasizes the major 7th a lot and it makes some interesting harmonies. Also normies take really well to romantic era music, especially Chopin
Here's the Ravel I'm working on right now
youtube.com/watch?v=CY9yQogbhN4

I liked Take back Our Future,
youtube.com/watch?v=jlWp32BS2QI

Shove it, tranny.
It's more or less meant to be a label for non-cucked artists as opposed to a different sounding music genre.

Triarii is bretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=eTifE_bhLAA

NSBM is still better than any of your faggy electronic music.

hooktube.com/watch?v=bl9yIpCncKs

I absolutely love it