There will never be an anime as good as Logh

>there will never be an anime as good as Logh

what the fuck is even the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

gineiden-anime.com/
youtu.be/p9OBf8f55tU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Truly it's a sad sight when the medium got such a definitive best piece that nothing can obviously surpass it. Did anything even come close to the scale and quality of LogH? Someone please tell me some most similar anime that I can watch.

I love LoGH but you newfags need to get the fuck out and watch more anime.

Rose of Versailles is better

LotGH is a great story. It's not a great anime.

Rose of Versailles has too much romance for my taste.

>what the fuck is even the point?

If you don't see the point then many you should leave.

What's the point in watching more anime after you've seen the definitive best anime? Everything else would just be disappointing.

>He thinks LOGH is the pinnacle of anime
Are you not a true aesthete?

wrong bowl

What is Logh? I've heard nothing about it and apparently it's one of the highest rated anime. What is it about?

Sup Forums the anime space opera

You haven't seen it. That's the point. Keep watching and no more shitty threads until you've seen 200 anime.

Get on my level, plebeians

logh isnt really good. its just politically incorrect and celebrates order and discipline.

Jesus fuck Sup Forums I'd retared if it thinks LOGH is on their side. I mean they are braindead anyway but fuck.

You know how Madoka is basically Goethe's Faust in the trappings of generic magical girl? LoGH is basically Machiavelli's The Prince in the trappings of generic space opera.

the only good space opera after it is Sekai no monshou

>dat feel when Empire's military at the time was pretty much held together by couple of really good and experienced admirals while everyone else was just assigned through nepotism

I don't think it coincidence that not a single one of those people really fought Reinhard when he enacted his coup and took over. They probably retired and enjoyed the life.

Crest of the Stars has too much bullshit in it, like author jacking off to his imaginary language, race traitors and SPACE MINES SOLVE EVERYTHING, but it is a decent space opera. There's nothing really like LoGH out there, though.

But it only has 13 episodes.

There's more to it but the last one is shit iirc.

>Sekai no monshou
Towards the Terra was the last great

That is a good thing!

7/10

I'm sure 199 variations of moeshit are great

>while everyone else was just assigned through nepotism

You do realize Reinhard was also one of those people, right?

>The best anime has to offer is an adaptation of second-tier pew pew spaceship genre fiction.

At this point Sup Forums thinks My Little Pony is on their side.

This is a very serious question
Yellow or white subtitles?

The real tragedy is that there will never be a proper Bluray of the original print.

And no, I'm not talking about the shitty current version which has random redraws spliced in all over the place (which is completely fucking jaring)

You've seen the best when it comes to space opera and politics anime, but that doesnt mean its the best anime ever and nothing else is worth watching.

Yellow.

This question needs it's own thread.
I never thought about how serious the implications were till now.

I wonder if there is a pattern, like older show use one more often or something.

I can't answer this yet, but have contacted my network to start watching more anime to help research this important matter.

I'm not trying to start shit, I love LoGH.

But can we agree that EVA was just as thought provoking and meaningful, but more entertaining? EVA is also a lot more memorable and has done more for anime than LoGH. They're both great, but EVA should be considered the best anime.

Suggest me some anime in the rang of LoGH then.

Are you serious? LogH was way more entertaining anime than EVA. It was entertaining in general, I can't fathom people finding it boring.

Yellow is good for old animes because then it's like even the subs have yellowed with age.

Nothing in the range of LOGH, thats why I'm watching other anime genres now.

I've seen the pinnacle of Space Opera anime, just like Star Wars is the pinnacle of space opera and science fantasy movies. Doesnt mean other genres arent worth watching all of a sudden.

Naruhodo..

I don't even really count lotgh as an anime, the writing and execution is just too different. The direction favors subtle expressions over neat animation tricks and techniques, which is why whatever this new version is going to end up being will suck shit

As I said - suggest me some anime.
Also Star Wars isn't the pinnacle of space opera, it's an extremely non-serious movie franchise made for mindless consumerism, it's almost not at all different from today's blockbusters. Then again, there's not too many space opera in movies.

There's no point. Kys and make this board a better place without your shitty LoGHflamebait threads.

>tell me some most similar anime that I can watch.
Legend of the Blue Wolves
Boku no Pico

Yeah Star Wars and Jaws basically ruined movies. I watched The Man Who Fell to Earth recently and was staggered by the idea that something so obtuse and strange had such a wide release only months before A New Hope.

I also wouldn't put Lotgh in the space opera category, genre fiction is usually weaker than other forms due to its genre taking precedence over its narrative content, which is why even the best cyberpunk novels read like young adult fiction. Lotgh would be just as good under any backdrop, the scifi aspect comes more from a generic military otaku perspective than people who like PKD and shit.

Some gay Mary Sue fuccbois. Autistic fujoshi watch it and then pretend they're manly men for liking it, but true discerning patricians are not fooled.

I don't know if Star Wars and Jaws ruined movies, but they definitely aren't that much better than today's blockbusters which a lot of people love to criticize while hailing stuff like Star Wars.
I enjoyed the Star Wars franchise a lot (even the prequel trilogy), but the fact stands.
>genre fiction is usually weaker than other forms
Honestly I have to agree here, I always have that kind of feeling, primarily in literature. I can't take anyone who reads exclusively sci-fi novels seriously, no matter how good they are.

Thanks for convincing me to watch it. It must be pretty good if it gets you this upset.

>author jacking off to his imaginary language
Shows the author actually put effort in, like Tolkien. Not just some hack who writes history fanfics, like Martin and LoGH author.

wait for Dune, Hyperion, Blade Runner or East of Eden adaptation

LOGH was honestly more thought provoking, had great writing and mindblowing dialogues thanks to Yang and Reinhard
what is 2001

Always glad to help, m'lady

Jaws was essentially the first "summer blockbuster", the success of it and Star Wars shifted the film industry even further into being the sort of focus grouped, marketing minded mass consumer product factory it is now. It took almost a century for this to happen which is why it's such a clear turning point. Since this mindset often resulted into major financial successes, it's the reason why other industries went that direction so rapidly, Anime did so with the Gundam films and video games were rapidly and artificially pumped with steroids in a constant battle to see who could create that month's big hit, which is why game budgets in 20 years rivaled major hollywood film budgets, and why the content and gameplay are so ubiquitous across genres and developers.

Lotgh was far from a financial success and is essentially an "indie" anime. Basically novel sales fueled four or so episodes, vhs/ld sales of those episodes funded the next batch etc. The show was basically funded by and created for people who already appreciated the story, which is why it's such a good adaptation (and also why the episode previews outright spoil everything)

Thanks for elaborating, that's all very logical and I definitely agree. It's a shame for video games especially, there's still a few worthy ones that come out nowadays, but they really are under a pile of mediocre, shitty stuff. Movies at least had more time before the focus of the industry shifted. At least there'll always be old stuff to check out, both with movies and video games. With other stuff too, in general (especially literature).
>and also why the episode previews outright spoil everything
I skipped the previews because of this, but it makes sense to me now that they were filled with spoilers. It's fantastic how such an anime managed to accumulate 110 episodes. How many sales did the VHS have?

When the FUCK are we getting more news about the new series? It's supposed to come out this year, right? There hasn't been ANYTHING.

DELET THIS

If there's a bigger goldmine of kek than this autistic hypocritic fuccboi it is his fans

Here, have a bait image.

Mobile Police Patlabor

He got one ship, and was promptly given an assignment that his commanding officer thought would get him killed. Dude wasn't an admiral, and everything after that point he earned.

>Don't recognise maybe half of them
I presume they're in my backlog.

I'm not sure how many sales the show had, the internet was primitive then and I assume a lot of purchases were made through magazines, there's also the tape trade scene that was so huge back then. The novels were pretty big in the 80s though. Lotgh is definitely niche but I think just like how over here when CA finally finished their subs and there was a surge in popularity that the Japanese analogue to elitist weebs caused a new generation to get into lotgh as well whenever the LD rips made it online. Otherwise there wouldn't be plans for that "reboot" they're doing, or that relatively recent stage production.

I also assume fujoshis play a pretty big part in it and that if that new animation does come to fruition that they will single handedly keep it alive until the story finishes.

a marine came home from ending monarchism in the Galaxy and went to to his favorite bar. he saw a moe azn commodore and tried to buy him a drink. "no thanks i'm straight" the azn qt said. the marine ripped off his shirt "are you still straight?" "not anymore but i have a wife" he replied. The marine pulled out his ax. "u think the friend zone scares me? i just got back from a war zone." Yang sent his wife a text message not to wait up and started kissing the marine and his ax. all the other patriots in the bar got up and started clapping and didn't stop until the marine and the qt3.14 azn commodore were OTP. repost if you believe love can blossom anywhere, even on a battlefield!!!

I'm actually praying fujos come through for LoGH, lord knows it needs it. I mean, Reinhard and Kircheis are based off of Alexander The Great and his gay lover, right? Gotta be enough for 'em.

Tatami G, Haibane Renmei, Berserk, Texh, Kino, Mushi, Aria, Kaiba, Eva, Monster, Ergo I don't know the last one

>spoonfeeding
Thanks.

It's far from being Sup Forums though.

There is a black guy in the show.

No white supremacist either.

We all know Yang is a white supremacist

They are, so go watch them before you come back and start sharing your opinions.

Sup Forums is the same type of people who voted for Rudolf von Goldenbaum.

>who is kunihiko ikuhara

Literally (((that site))) The Anime

Unironically K-On

Not only that, but the black guy can only repeat some phrase passed down by his tribe "humans cannot go against their fate ooga booga mo money fo da programs."

K-On is deeper

there are black guys on pol and its still white supremacist board

gineiden-anime.com/
Can someone translate pls

>Fascinating, complex sci-fi setting

>Some later parts about dumb generic cults are a bit boring

>Good classical music (hello Dvořák)
Fascinating, interesting, profound, likable characters

>Captivating plot full of twists

>Solid, mature story

>Enlightening on interplanetary politics and warfare

>Enlightening on military strategy

>Thought-provoking on human nature

I will never thank LOGH enough for using Dvořák pieces.

youtu.be/p9OBf8f55tU

>Fascinating, complex sci-fi setting
Confirmed for illiterate weeb who has never read any proper sci-fi, opinion discarded.

LOGH became awful when Yang died.

There were still great moments after that, like the founding of the Iserlohn Republic.

The only problem is Reinhard.
>invites Yang to make peace
>Yang dies
>changes his mind and refuses to make peace
>invites Julian to make peace
>catches the flu
>invites Julian to make peace
>some low-level commander fires on Julian in a panic
We really didn't need to wait until the end of the series for Reinhard to sit down for peace talks.

Joe.

Not a day away since you fucks got separated from /mlp/ and here you are again, this is why we despice you

Yes, and he was promptly sent to middle of nowhere. It just so happened he was actually good at the job and had a master plan.

Joe is fantastic, but come on, it's not on that level.

>dat feel when Dune anime never
Still mad.

Was Reuenthal inspired by Bowie?

>Lotgh was far from a financial success and is essentially an "indie" anime. Basically novel sales fueled four or so episodes, vhs/ld sales of those episodes funded the next batch etc. The show was basically funded by and created for people who already appreciated the story, which is why it's such a good adaptation (and also why the episode previews outright spoil everything)

I think what really shows LOGH was a passion project is the sheer dedication it took to release the damn thing on LaserDisk and VHS over a decade and largely on per-order basis.

But it had more sociological implications in the media than LOGH though, it shaped part of the formulae that Shonnen followed in the future and it'd been great if HnK twisted it and DB made it generic
The tale of an underdog boy who hates the world for what it made him and slowly comes to terms with it, accepting it and enjoing the life he got with his own hands thanks to the help of his rivals and friends, just to give it al away until he burned every last bit of his lifetime doing what he loves it's just magnificent

>what is 2001

Way too meta to be space-opera.

>I don't know if Star Wars and Jaws ruined movies
>the success of it and Star Wars shifted the film industry even further into being the sort of focus grouped

Star Wars was probably the biggest unprecedented hit in film ever made, it was only originally shown in a handful of theatres and was expected to bomb.

>Star Wars was probably the biggest unprecedented hit in film ever made, it was only originally shown in a handful of theatres and was expected to bomb.

Why were all great films destined to fail?

>and was expected to bomb
How did they get Alec Guiness to act in the movie then?

Star Wars was expected to fail because it was released during an era of edgy anti-heroes, most of the staff and crew thought it was going to fail too there was even Kenny Baker (RD-D2) saying that during filming he thought the movie was strange and silly.

Because he loved the idea of an elderly mentor type role, probably? He was one of the few who saved the film during production too because he inspired such an air of professionalism for his job that other senior crew decided to stay if he was still around.

The guy also agreed to give Lucas a few days of work for free since they ran out of money and they gave him some shares in the movie which were presumed to be worthless. The shares turned him into a millionare and beyond overnight.

That's an interesting story, thanks for sharing.

If LoGH was more popular than Eva, you fags would say Eva is better. Don't even deny it.

It's also why Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope originally released simply as "Star Wars".

I can and will deny that.

last one looks like nhk