DEVILMAN crybaby

>DEVILMAN crybaby
>2018
>Directed by Masaaki Yuasa
OH BOY OH BO-
>Netflix

youtube.com/watch?v=iyO6hdw6IzU

Will Netflix destroy anime or make it better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hey2eMz9uxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ciCw3Z6fUUI
youtube.com/watch?v=3flbWlxLPp0&t=4m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=7TX9LfUQJUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Netflix isn't producing it, it's being made at Science Saru.

What I mean is that Netflix will distribute anime to a worldwide normie fandom who netflix & chill (I suppose this is Japan Only but I bet they'll put it for world wide view anytime).

They are also putting other ones like Seven Deadly Sins 2nd Season, Little Witch Academia or BLAME!

Netflix will pay the production companies distribution rights anyways so they are financing them. The point is if they'll also pressure companies to make some changes for international market or not. That's the problem.

I think if anything, you should be grateful that it's a more progressive company like Netflix. I don't think something as brutal as Devilman could faithfully be made with most other companies. They're doing the same for Little Witch Academia, which has no sign of being tempered with. It's just paranoia.

They made fucking voltron work but I have massive doubts on deathnote

Netflix Japan is getting weeaboo despise being an American company as same as Sony Pictures became hollyjewd despise bieng a japanese company

Total destruction.

Oh, shut the fuck up, you loser.

>turn netflix on
>see samurai gourmet
That was intresting.

no u

Netflix doesn't have the power to stop something this good.

Wanna bet?

Honestly, my biggest worry is Saru and their Flash-based production line. I don't really like what they're doing with the line weight in Lu and I hope it doesn't carry over into Devilman.

it'll be just as bad as the manga so it won't really impact anime more than your average seasonal shit (maybe inflated by a few nostalgiafags)

If anything it'll allow more variety of anime to get made. I can't imagine many other stations allowing Devilman to air uncensored.

>The point is if they'll also pressure companies to make some changes for international market or not. That's the problem

No they wont, Netflix is extremely hands off and just let creators do whatever.

Why would Netflix even matter? We're talking about Yuasa here not some talentless hack or newbie.

>crybaby

Can't wait when he kills some humans and starts going into a moral crying dialogue about how evil he is and needs to atone for his sins.

Is this a "Netflix throwing money at it" original or did they just buy the rights?

d-does that mean that we might see a decent berserk adaptation in our lifetime too?

That ship has sailed.

Only if by some miracle, although the 2016 anime was technically a success
I just wanna see the Black Swordsman animated

Samurai Gourmet is GOAT
Also who cares about Netflix, Im watching it for Yuasa

>2016 anime was technically a success
Jesus, what makes you say that? I remember it was selling like shit (under 1k BDs).

im ready

>devilman+yuasa
is this real life?

Wont happen. Instead you'll get "YOU DAMN HUMANS" used unironically.

Do I have to read the Manga to understand this Netflix series?

>Hasn't read the manga yet
Do it anyway.

Crunchyroll and chink streaming, crunchy won't let netflix take a stronghold of anime that easily.

>this nigga seriously just asked whether he should read Devilman or not

Madman

They're doing a hell of a lot better than any other company. The fact that Netflix is putting their name on a property like Devilman shows they actually care about taste. It would be really great to see them help produce projects that otherwise would have never happened.

Crunchyroll would rather have us act like 12 year olds for the entirety of our lives.
youtu.be/hey2eMz9uxQ

If anybody is going make anime succeed in the West it will be Netflix. Crunchyroll is creating a fad. Crunchyroll anime is something that inevitably die out. Netflix has the potential to properly help the medium develop.

It's called Crybaby because of page related.

>flash animation
>yuasa hipstershit

Like clockwork

>The fact that Netflix is putting their name on a property like Devilman shows they actually care about taste
Yeah, the bad kind though.

>flash animation
WHY
And will it be an adaption of the manga or some spinoff

Devilman is both ironically and unironically my favourite manga.

Worry not. Oshiyama is on the animation.

After the failure that was LWA, I'm sure Netflix will flail around desperately for more anime before withdrawing

Netflix literally doesn't do jack shit other than distribute it. If anything it's better than having rips from fucking CR.

Manga adaptation.

More Go Nagai adaptations the better.

Also upcoming Mazinger movie.

Feels good to be alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=ciCw3Z6fUUI

It's been confirmed to be a manga adaption?

>that disco scene

where is the webm?

Yes.

It'll be one cour, so it's going to be as long as Ping Pong. Ping Pong was 5 volumes as well.

Go Nagai (Manga artist) : “When I heard about a remake, the first thing came to my mind was “will it adapt to the end?”
If it’s Director Masaaki whom I trust a lot, I have no doubt it will become a reality.
How the animation will adapt the battle between Devilman and demons, and its outcome…
An anime adapting to the end of Devilman may never happen again, I’m looking forward to this.”

Masaaki Yuasa (Director) : “The Devilman manga left the biggest impact on me. I never dreamed that I would get to direct Devilman! I struggle every day to capture the spirit and essence of the source material into a contemporary animation format, so that we can pull off what could be called the most shocking story progression and magnificent final scene in manga history.

But with little limitation of what I can deliver, I aim to push to the limits!
There will be violence and ero guro, but in the end, it all comes to “love”. Please look forward to it.”

Kensuke Ushio (Music) : “Thank you for letting me work on the Devilman anime with Director Yuasa Masaaki. A unified team, the very same team that worked with Director Yuasa on Ping Pong the Animation, is brought forth to thoroughly bring the essence of Nagai Go sensei’s grand epic into animation. I’m honored to take part in those passionate times again. As the director said, this is a work of “love”. Please look forward to it.”

What happened to that girl (?) behind him
Did he scratch her too

Since when?

He hit her with that bottle

>despite Asuka being a murderous asshole in that scene, the hippies are the one portrayed as "bad" for defending themselves

BRAVO NAGAI

Yuasa read Devilman when he was in high school.

He was shocked at how different it was from the anime series he watched as a kid.

>Go Nagai hates hippies
All is right in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=3flbWlxLPp0&t=4m50s

>6:40 onwards
Wut

Were those people monsters in human form to begin with or did they take bad acid

I finished the original manga recently and loved it, but my understanding is most of the other devilman material isn't worth watching/reading. Are there any exceptions?

They became possessed/merged with the demons.

>other devilman material isn't worth watching/reading

You seriously want to skip on Violence Jack? It's not fully scanlated, but it's pretty great, and that was all before Hokuto no Ken and Mad Max.

Also Devilman Lady, and Neo Devilman.

They were hippies who got paid to dance, take drugs, drink and have unprotected sex 24/7 in a disco basement until Akira and Ryo came there and the last one start summoning the demon ritual by splitting hippie's blood everywhere.

Yes, it's awesome.

>At the war's end, Satan reveals to Akira the truth behind his reason for defying God: even though God unintentionally created demons, he wished to destroy them. Satan was appalled at this, believing demons still had a right to live. He convinced them to enter a state of hibernation in the ice, to conserve their strength for the final battle with God. Upon awakening, Satan discovered the beautiful planet they fought for had been ruined by the human race. Enraged at this damage, Satan led the demons in a war to exterminate humanity. While Satan explains this to Akira, he also realizes that in the end, he and the demons were no better than God. He begs Akira to forgive him. At this point, it is revealed that Satan was actually addressing Akira's corpse; Satan had won the final battle against Akira/Devilman and killed him. The series ends with all of humanity (including Akira/Devilman) dead and destroyed in the apocalypse, and with Satan and the demons triumphant, however Satan is shown looking sad and forlorn. Finally, the sun rises and an army of angels appears to destroy the remains of Satan's army as Satan weeps for the death of his friend and the love of his life.

>literally everyone is dead
I hate bleak endings like this

Also Akuma Kishi if you want to know Devilman's origin story. It's fully coloured so that might be worth a look.

Spoiler alert.

What a waste of tits
Granted they probably had STDs

Cling cling cling cling cling

>not posting the full page

I wanted to post the 70s vs 80s style of the party because of the youtube video m8.

The Cyborg 009 vs Devilman OVA crossover was pretty cool.

Nice JAM Project OP too.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TX9LfUQJUE

>normie
Fuck off, faggot. "Normalfag" exists, fucking use it.

Nagai's manga adaptation of The Divine Comedy (with Gustave Dore's illustrations) is pretty cool.

The poem served as a big inspiration for Devilman.

>God
>making mistakes

>The fact that Netflix is putting their name on a property like Devilman shows they actually care about taste.
They're also the same company that puts it's name on tons of awful low budget horror films and signed a contract with Adam Sandler. I wouldn't say that just yet.

Miki a cute

>Netflix delivering anime dark edgy for normies and Sup Forums

>that stupid frog in this day and age
>"normies"
>"Sup Forums"
Christ, do some people lack self-awareness.

He's a newfag and/or crossboarder, probably from Sup Forums
The election brought in a lot of Reddit

>Devilman
>dark
>edgy

It's a goofy edgefest.

It is both of those things in a good way, like Hellsing
It has its own style

No it's not. It's just a love story.

>Muh Sup Forums boogeyman

Go back to /reddit/ faggot

I have faith that Yuasa will deliver, but Okouchi Ichiro being script writer is slightly worrying

Well there is that one-sided homolust.

Yuasa is on a roll lately, isn't he?

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman
>go back to /reddit/ faggot
Not him, but what do you mean? They're the same fucking thing nowadays. I might've agreed with you pre-election, but now there's no telling them apart.

There's no way Netflix will have any impact on the creation of anime but if they start blocking the episodes so I have to start downloading anime with their shit encoding and yellow subtitles, I'll kill myself.

You forgot your Pepe pic

>and yellow subtitles
You can change how they look

why is this a thing

Go Nagai hates God.

Go Nagai shouldn't be allowed near our children

>asshole friend hates humans
>he unleashes hell on earth
>protag is idealistic as fuck
>spends his entire time protecting and believing in humanity and being a real human bean despite having become a demon himself
>humanity started fucking witch hunts when he wasn't looking
>when he confronts the witch hunters they tell him that they never killed a single demon and only hunted others humans
>smile and optimism gone.jpg
>while that happens other witch hunters (which is pretty much every human everywhere at this point) kill all his friends and waifu
>protag now entirely fed up with humanity's bullshit and just watches the world burn
Sometimes it's okay to hate on humans.