Yeah it's a flop

This is all your fault Sup Forums.

Now anime will never be taken seriously on American cinema!

I was so sure this was going to get Michael Bay'd into popularity. Good thing some people have taste

Alita is going to smash
bookmark me

Movies haven't been good since the 80s
Outdated dead medium

>Now anime will never bee taken seriously on American cinema!
Thanks,god. I do not want westerners working on my animes

Screencap'd

Get ready to eat your words if it ever comes out

Overseas markets will eat it up.

>saw it last night
>10 people in the room
>saw Kong today
>cinema was full

How is that fat fuck going to afford her burgers now?

Can you actually guarantee that though?

DESU it looked like shit.

I don't want American cinema to take it seriously. Anything burger is automatically retarded and always revolves around sexual dominion. Hollywood is a propaganda machine for fucking dumbasses.

They thought they could grab a shitty script and attach it to a big anime movie name and get away with it.
Too bad for them even normies knows GiTS, it could have worked out with a lessen known anime movie.

Akira adaption NEVER

Anime is great because it is niche. Do you really want anime to pander to the masses?

We need to make sure DN, Alita and Naruto flop too.

That's a shame, it was a pretty good popcorn flick and really did some interesting things with it's sets.

You didn't read the spoiler did you

Says the guy what watches anime

I saw it yesterday. Theater was so fucking empty for a Saturday. Literally on me, my drink, and my hand was the only ones inside.

It deserves it, too. It was bad

wow phone post AND reddit spacing

I was thinking that this was a shame this might stop future more interesting projects, but it really isn't. Hollywood is artistically bankrupt, so there was never going to be a good anime adaptation coming out of them.

>trailers and marketing did a poor job on explaining to normies what the movie is about aside from robots and shit
>does poorly in the box office

>movie makes a trailer that basically just summarizes the entire plot from start to finish
>does well in box office

What does it mean

>Now anime will never be taken seriously on American cinema!
Good.

I guess
>IT'S LIKE ROBOCOP, WITH TITS!
wouldn't have worked great.

Johanson is sooo ugly, holy shit

It made half it's production cost back in a week, I don't think you understand what flop means. With stream and media sales, this movie will probably end up making double its prod cost. Not a huge success by any means when the later Potter films went over a billion dollars in revenue, but not a flop.

Am I triggering you?

I actually went and saw the movie on Friday.
As far as adaptations go, it's not shit.
If there is anything that is great in it, it's the visuals. It looks fucking great. Story-wise, it's an alright popcorn sci-fi action. If you are a fan of the franchise, you will have fun recognizing all the stuff that was taken from the manga, movies and the series.
I don't understand people shitting on it like it's the worst thing ever. It's not the best movie in existence, but not particularly bad either.

Why did they pick Scarjo instead of a fit actress?

Emotion gets the best out of me. Forgive me. Just tired seeing this shit getting shilled constantly on Sup Forums. I expected shilling on Sup Forums but hardly here.

thats not anime you dumbshit

Dunno

Apparently they were in talks with Margot Robbie before

Thank god

>Shilling

80% of everything about this film has been shitting on it.

Honestly more like 90%

It has all the markings of a hit in China.

Because Jewllywood and director is a hack. If things were done right it could be much better even with ScarJo.

Good. Americans need to keep their fat hands away from anime.

Hollywood will never learn

Not likely.
All previous success there is due to lack of local film studios to satisfy the local demand for new movie entertainment.
With the influx of new local directors there thanks to their government initiatives, the condition have changed drastically.
Hollywood may still earn a few millions but not more than that.

Even if domestic gross doesn't cover it, which it most likely won't, it would still have to gross like at least $250 million worldwide to be considered a success.

This the movie was fine for a hollywood popcorn flick.

The only letdown is it's a bit light on the themes GiTs explores. But hey you gotta dumb it down to the plebes.

Not anime, fuck off.

No it'll be good. the mexs know anime

This makes me so happy, I really needed this.

>But hey you gotta dumb it down to the plebes.
This is the same Hollywood that thinks that human brains connected as a neural network is way more complicated than human bodies as batteries. It's to be expected.

Oh boy was I mad when I found out about that