Naked Major > $250 million at US

>Naked Major > $250 million at US
>scarlett major > - $90 million at US
Really makes you think

what?

Really though, why would a robot need erect nipples?

It's distracting

It doesn't, but she's supposed to be a cyborg that completely passes for a human.

ones been out for three days. Really shows you didnt think

Box office ...Total run and after two days.

Those are ports.

>Naked Major > $250 million at US

where'd you get this from

Did the anime gross 250 million in 2 days in the US?

Didn't know it was that popular.

People love naked ladies

>Did the anime gross 250 million in 2 days in the US?
No way

>shocked that a live action adaptation of some anime is doing poorly at the box office

if this movie didn't have Johansson nobody would watch it.they even changed the title of the movie in several countries, nobody fucking knows ghost in the shell.

so it resembles a female human

>Really though, why would a robot need erect nipples?
Are you gay? Why does there have to be a reason to show nipples.

For shota to hold on to

This

>they even changed the title of the movie in several countries
Like legitimately changed it to something different and not just a translation of or close to 'Ghost in the Shell'?

Would you want to be put in a body without testicles? It just makes you feel more human.

FUCK

>Would you want to be put in a body without testicles?
Sure, why not?

Underperforms both critically and commercially.

Hopefully this teaches Hollywood to leave anime alone.

>Did the anime gross 250 million in 2 days in the US?

It was 20mil in box office weekend

Future avenger in latin america, for real

I wish I was the shota.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be nipples, you spergs. You can have nipples without them being erect.

Are you really surprised that people on Sup Forums wouldn't mind being turned into little girls?

I suggest you lurk more.

That's not even how you use this normalfag meme.

>Hopefully this teaches Hollywood to leave anime alone.

It's already too late to say that user.

The first round at the end of 00s didn't teach them either.
Dragon Ball Evolution, Speed Racer and Astro Boy all flopped

Then I guess we don't need erect penises either. I wouldn't want a body that can't function sexually, even if it obviously isn't for reproduction.

At least Speed Racer looked decent.

It's genuinly sad that some dogshit superhero movie will become popular in the west while a story of genuine quality barely registers in public conciousness.

I hope to god that Death Note on Netflix becomes a sensation.

Nipples are erect because the person designing her body is a pervert

She's cold. Duh.

You don't think having a 24/7 erection would be potentially problematic in a robot body?

It didn't seem to be a problem for knightly armor.

Fuck off, this movie is garbage and it deserves to flop, it's not as good as the anime movie.

>actually mad about characters that have been around since WW2 pull more money and are more recognizable than whatever animu is other

seniority over quality. expect spider-man and JL to make quadruple GiTS will ever make.

Can't have the devil's body parts on screen in the land of the free.

>Hollywood GitS
>story of genuine quality
It was fucking garbage

No, DN will be shit

If audiences just watched it, they'd see how much better anime is than superheroes.

Manga crushes comics for a reason.

>implying audiences will fix some of their shit taste for a different medium

I hope it won't be shit. I hope it makes people see how inferior superhero crap is compared to anime. And I hope it and other adaptations will eventually cause people all over the world to become anime fans instead of superhero fans.

Kill yourself you troll faggot.

Right looks like CG

oh please, any manga genre is an even bigger acquired taste than any cape comic

>It was fucking garbage
says the guy you didnt even see it

The adaptations have to be good. That's all it takes.

And apparently good marketing.

As for me, I did my part. I bought a ticket.

>$90 million at US
where the hell are you getting those numbers? Box Office Mojo says 19 mil and wikipedia says 58 mil.

>don't dare mock my fedora, you're a normalfag unable to understand the darkness within my heart

People all over the world read much more manga than superhero comics and watch much more anime than superhero movies.

It's objectively NOT an acquiered taste, it objectively has mass appeal.

The adaptations will never be good. It's better that way anyway. The more normalfags you get the more cancer it and this website becomes.

I thought it was good. I saw it 3:30 in the afternoon on a Friday and the theatre had like maybe ten people in it.

Don't go into it thinking its a remake of the original movie, it's a kind of fanfiction. The characters are there but they feel totally different. The city feels different. The story was SO loose. They definitely tried to make it more mass-marketable than the original movie which had way more talking and philosophical shit. Honestly they shouldn't have even named it Ghost in the Shell and made it it's own thing.

But still, it was neat that they tried to take the big scenes from the movie that everyone knows (the tank scene, the jump, the boat, the guy shooting in the shallow water) and put those scenes into the movie as fan service for people who have actually seen it, but they made it so you wouldn't even need to know anything about the first movie to know what's going on.

The tank scene though, they fucked up big time.The badguy was pretty cool though, and the scene where they interrogated the garbage man was better in the live-action than in the original.

I've only seen the original and don't know if SAC touched on all the other shit they put in the movie like her being a runaway or the evil corporation or any of that so I assume it was just made up?

It was still very good as a sci-fi movie and it was really good looking but you know nobodys going to see it because they want to see Baby Boss garbage instead.

As someone who has never seen anything except the animated movies, I don't know how much of the live-action's story was pieced together from the series and book?

I still liked it.

That and the Battle Angel Alita movie.

No offense to any of the spergs on this board but Alita deserves to be at least as popular as fucking Captain America.

>they took away muh humanity!
Fuck off, GitS was never about this stupid shit.

>putting words in other people's mouths

Now that's a telltale sign of someone losing an argument

Normalfags help mediums. Look at anime: mostly it's been incredibly shitty for almost a decade because otaku are damn near the only people who buy anime and related merchandise.

The best thjng that could happen to anime is anime movies making anime popular íike never before and studios making works with western tastes in mind.

>They definitely tried to make it more mass-marketable than the original movie which had way more talking and philosophical shit
Yeah, it's hot garbage, thanks for the confirmation.

>shitty anime getting fucked by a movie called Boss Baby

All is right in the world.

>Honestly they shouldn't have even named it Ghost in the Shell and made it it's own thing.
Half the goddamn time this is what hollywood ought to do.
But they like using the existing product so they bandwagon off it popularity and also because they're lazy fucking cunts who can't write anything decent themselves.

Normalfags dont help anyone but cash flow then they move onto the next big hot thing and then they leave the old rotting corpse of what they left that attempted to APPEAL to them entirly to lose their minds as to why they cant pull enough cash.

>The best thjng that could happen to anime is anime movies making anime popular íike never before and studios making works with western tastes in mind.

I know you're trolling, nobody can be this retarded. Unless you're not from here which you probably aren't.

if the name alone can't pull in big numbers then it's the source material's fault, not hollywood's

>Boss Baby

Kiss x Sis sounds sophisticated compared to this. Fuck hollywood.

This might sound surprising to you but not everybody thinks that isekai, cute girls doing nothing and ecchi haremshit is all that anime should be.

>Implying that the nipples won't be added on the DVD release
You can't show that much nudity without the morality police slapping a NC-17 sticker on it.

You said he never saw it then claim he's putting words in your mouth after telling you the theme of the movie.

Seems like you're the one that never saw it and are just here to shitpost as the contrarian.

I don't even understand how they keep fucking it up. All they have to do is cast properly and not change the story. I mean, it's already a hit. Just don't change it and it'll work.

I think Hollywood directors are too self-indulged to not put their own special touches on a story or something. And they fuck it up every time.

>read much more manga than superhero comics
I'll give you that. Cape comics are a really niche hobby
>and watch much more anime than superhero movies.
Hell no. People who watch anime also watch those superhero movies but the difference is that people who don't watch anime also watch those superhero flicks.
That's why they make buck. They're accessible, non embarrassing entertainment to literally everyone, from 'normies' to 'nerds'.

>Alita deserves to be at least as popular as fucking Captain America.
No it doesn't you fucking retard. The more the popular anime gets, the more they'll fucking ruin it.
Alita is an amazing manga and a classic sci-fi anime. They're going to butcher it, just like they do everything else. And if its popular, they're going to continue to butcher other incredible stories.
Shit like Death Note isn't so bad, I like it but its not on the same level as Alita.
The more popular anime becomes, the more it will be ruined by greedy Hollywood fucks and scummy normalfags, I hope the Alita movie is awful and bombs. I hope Death Note bombs. I hope all the greedy cunts in the film industry die.

The anime tits look better

That's a Dream works movie

me and hollywood are not concerned with the people who read manga, but with the audience that doesn't know anything about it, that's where the money is.
if the movie follows source material faithfully those who don't know it will feel alienated and the movie won't be successful.

so this movie and all other comic book and manga adaptations will be made for normies first and fans second. the only difference is that more people know Spider-Man than the Major.

Also no nude major

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
To paraphrase, Hollywood uses existing properties because they're lazy, greedy, faggots who's only concern is raking in the dough and ruining hopes and dreams.

The people who only watch superhero films can be made to watch anime movies. You just need to adapt the right properties.

Akira is not made for the people who want Agent Aika, and neither is made for the people who want Paradise Kiss. Etcetera.

>shitty Dreamworks movie saved anime
I'm just glad it happened.

>That reaction pic

This is completely stupid.
The name brings in a niche demographic and they dumb it down for mass appeal. Adding someone like ScarJo or Matt Damon gets waifu and husbandofags in theatre seats to watch their crapfest.

Basically this. Anything with sex, explosions and rock and roll is going to be a hit. Guardians of the Galaxy was an awful movie and an even worse adaptation but casual moviegoers ate it right up.

behold the purest breed of weeaboo.

Not really. Hollywood has fucked up so many anime adaptations that I, and many others, no longer go to see them. The Dragon Ball Z adaptation could have printed money. It's not anime, but the Avatar adaption could have done the same. Both flopped staggeringly hard.

xbox 360 did that and it killed video games as a medium.

I have never been to Sup Forums. I picked that pic up on Sup Forums.
What does it have to do with Sup Forums exactly?

>guy is okay to have a body without testicles for experimental purposes
>must be because of the darkness within his heart
Are you fucking retarded?

Fuck off with this mentality you autistic fucking sperg! Why would Hollywood DEFINITELY butcher anything? Some films turn out good, others are are bad, yes. But this shit isn't a forgone conclusion, idiot!

And besides which, if you already think like that, then why do you care? I care because I find it appalling that superheroes are more popular than anime characters. I want the Alita movie to be good because I want tomsee billions of people getting introduced to Gally; I want her to be a household name like Spider-Man; I want to see little kids dressing up as her for Halloween!

Obviously you don't care for more people getting to know her, so why the fuck are you even upset about the movie? If it bombs like GITS then nobody will care and you can go on being part of your sekkrit club.

Unless you actively don't WANT more people to love GUNNM, on which case you are an asshole.

I'm not as acid and edgy as most of you teenagers.

I wen to the cinema expecting a bad cringy movie but trying to keep an open mind at the same time.

Objectively is not a bad movie if you completely disregard that it should be an adaptation of another work. It is a slightly above AVERAGE cyberpunk sci-fi movie. I've watched many other adaptation and sci-fi movies recentrly worse than this. The photography direction was good although the city in question was too much cartoonized with excessive unbelievable hologram ads. The CGI was passable but there was an overus of slow-motion.

The first half of the script was badly stitched up, many forced moments and character interactions felt forced and unnatural, the evil corporate guy was too cliche and the politic-corporativism relationship of Haika with Section 9 was badly established. Aramaki talking in Japanese with everyone also made no fucking sense.

At first Kuze was a very generic cringe angst villain, but once his true identity is revealed and we get more accustomed with the characters the story started to flow better. Many cliche moments but the second half was more entertaining. The tank fight sequence was uninspiring and the final confrontation of Aramaki with the corporate guy was utterly retarded.

Overall the biggest issue of the film is that it is vastly inferior to both the 1995 movie, the manga, and the Sac series. Even arise is more convincing. The biggest issue is the characters themselves, precisely Motoko. The character of the Major is awesome in the original series, her identity crisis is not that proeminent as her intelligence, maturity and badasseri. Her unknown past only makes her cooler. The Major from the movie is a cringe immature teenager in crisis It is pathetic. The characters ruined the movie. It is impossible to enjoy it if you ever watched the original. It is far too much superior.

Guardians of the Galaxy is by far the best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films alongside Iron Man.

10/10 bait
got me good

2/10 thanks for the laugh.

speed racer had some semblance of soul in it at the very least

RWBY

>tells us to disregard that it's an adaptation
>proceeds to compare the movie with source material

Which is a crying shame.

Yeah, I don't think GUNNM fans need people like you.

ohhh that's nice

Behold, the purest breed of faggot!
He has no arguments, only name-calling!
He wants normalfags to take over anime and shit in his mouth!
Truly, a thoroughbred fag. A veritable stallion in his right.
I'm going to shut my eyes really, really tight and imagine that we live in a world where posts like yours are absolutely, definitely shitposting, and in no way would ever be taken seriously by anyone who comes to Sup Forums.
And when I open my eyes again, it'll be true.